CONTEST: Summer Action Blockbuster Trailer![closed]

Comments

• Felina - Heavens Tear
    Felina - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Woot this is so much funb:chuckle
    heres a helpful hint to ppl that want cool music but cant find any website hosting it, for u to download it. Use MP3myMP3 to record online music. Also for doing special effects to any audio recording, try audacity very cool, and user friendly b:pleased

Have fun everyone!!

*lights!!! camera!!! ACTION!* b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes I agree, it's EXTREMLY fun. I have always loved doing videos etc for friends and family but have never tried anything quite like this before, or ever been so dedicated to a video project either for that matter. So it's lots of fun but also very nervewracking since I bet everyone puts so much into this. A video takes quite some time to make. I'm gonna pee in my pants of excitement on The Final Day of announcing the winner pig-26complacent.gif
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't feel bad if you don't have a crazy idea. Trailers are a bit easier than they look. This is how I see it:

-epic music
    -epic establishing shots and video(meaning not just you running around)
    -try to stage your vids with some friends for added epicness
    -well thought out editing
    -super ultra mega epic text (i.e. "Just when you thought you were safe!", etc)
    -profit? (not really)

So as you can see, the key is keep it epic. If you don't have a huge intricate story to tell, keep it short, sweet, and clean.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Don't feel bad if you don't have a crazy idea. Trailers are a bit easier than they look. This is how I see it:

-epic music
    -profit? (not really)

So as you can see, the key is keep it epic. If you don't have a huge intricate story to tell, keep it short, sweet, and clean.

Qft.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow, glad I noticed this contest in time. (They really should put contests on the front page, lazy people like me don't bother to check the events section ;) ) Normally I don't do contests, but the premise and prize are both pretty epic.

A couple of rules clarification requests:
    • How exactly should we interpret "movie trailer-esque"? Does the video have to be a trailer for an actual real-life movie? Can we make up a movie and create a trailer for it? Can the trailer not be for a movie at all, as long as it has a similar feel to one (i.e. not a music video, as someone said earlier)?
    • Footage must be from PWI in-game, and music can be from anywhere... what about sound effects?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    • How exactly should we interpret "movie trailer-esque"? Does the video have to be a trailer for an actual real-life movie? Can we make up a movie and create a trailer for it? Can the trailer not be for a movie at all, as long as it has a similar feel to one (i.e. not a music video, as someone said earlier)?
    • Footage must be from PWI in-game, and music can be from anywhere... what about sound effects?

If you check this thread several people have posted their entries, so you can get an idea from those as to how to fashion your video.

As far as sound effects I doubt it would be an issue to use sound effects from outside sources, but as I am not an admin I don't have any real say as to that question.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hawk thread needs locking on gen. discussion.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I probably won't end up doing this (I'm terrible at it, don't have enough money to get props and most importantly my computer can't run FRAPS and PWI at the same time (and not to mention that I can't run the game on full graphics)), but if for some crazy reason I do end up making a video, I want to be absolutely sure: voiceovers are allowed, right?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I probably won't end up doing this (I'm terrible at it, don't have enough money to get props and most importantly my computer can't run FRAPS and PWI at the same time (and not to mention that I can't run the game on full graphics)), but if for some crazy reason I do end up making a video, I want to be absolutely sure: voiceovers are allowed, right?

definitely
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2009

-epic music
    -profit? (not really)

Holy OMG! I was gonna say that exact line in my movie, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • EdeArai - Heavens Tear
    EdeArai - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, mine is ready..... Wish all the best to all participants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejGxNfAw11U

b:kissb:bye
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Okay stop with the wraiths xD well heres my video...

"March Of The Wraiths"b:avoid b:chuckle

Enjoy! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Nice vids again..

Please don't make them too good..b:sad I wanna winb:victory

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I just searched youtube and watched all the ones I could find. They are really good, and their quality is so much better than mine. xD Good Luck To All!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • MaWa - Sanctuary
    MaWa - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys can someone pls give me The PWI Logo in a good resulution?
    ps: im still searching more people to act in my trailer.

my first test-shoots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDlKtkGMGg
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Hey guys can someone pls give me The PWI Logo in a good resulution?
    ps: im still searching more people to act in my trailer.

my first test-shoots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDlKtkGMGg

you can get the logo out of the fansite kit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • MaWa - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    you can get the logo out of the fansite kit

Link plsb:laugh
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    You can also check in the "June calendar contest" thread. The MOD hawk have posted a transparent high quality logo in there.
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    MaWa, that was breath-taking in form of scenery.
    With "Braveheart" and "Gladiator" as my favorite movies you got me captured with that one. And that was just a test? Omg ;) And I've seen more entries in here that's just wow-i-licious! This is going to be a though competition, which makes it all the more exciting. It's an honour to be onboard with you guys, all of you.
  • MaWa - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Thx very much for that nice comment!

Yes its definatly just a test, I wanted to try the quality.
    The music I will compose by myself for the real trailer and I will record some much better scenesb:laugh

...watch my other pwi videos too, if you like;)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pwmawa

Greetings,
    MaWa
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    wow that was a good video ^^ good luck b:pleased
    i wish u all a fair fight for that fishy mount b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Hey folks! We're loving the submissions so far, and we hope to see some more before this contest comes to a close. We have uploaded all of the current submissions to our YouTube channel, check them out if you need some inspiration or if you just want to check out the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PWIChannel

P.S. The playlist reflects all submissions received up to this point, we will make an effort to update it with more videos when we get them, however please give us at least 24 hours after submitting your video before you look for it here.
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hey folks! We're loving the submissions so far, and we hope to see some more before this contest comes to a close. We have uploaded all of the current submissions to our YouTube channel, check them out if you need some inspiration or if you just want to check out the competition.

P.S. The playlist reflects all submissions received up to this point, we will make an effort to update it with more videos when we get them, however please give us at least 24 hours after submitting your video before you look for it here.

eat this whith a spoon b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009

I submited mine on the 6th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aijv7lsGqHg and its not on the list =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    I submited mine on the 6th http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aijv7lsGqHg and its not on the list =P

hmmm why don't I have that? I would suggest you send another e-mail just to be sure, I was told that I had been given all submissions.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    hmmm why don't I have that? I would suggest you send another e-mail just to be sure, I was told that I had been given all submissions.

okay thx spoons, resending the e-mail now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    woohooo almost done with my first video b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh wow many video's have been made already!!

Damn.. The chance for me to win goes down and downb:sadb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    then enter another video :P