a unique veno

Options
NinJaXXX - Harshlands
NinJaXXX - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Venomancer
b:pleasb:pleasedTalking about a unique style to play i dobt ull EVER find any player being more Unique then POOR me hehe as i have gone 2str and 3dex each lv and just enyojing my unique playstyle oooh and need i remind u that i am playing a veno with FIST and BOW (bow) right now is 3 star that i bought and fist and my own 2 star i made lolz and playing on harsland just want 2 we unique from sterotype players not even a sawfly or golem cos they are BOOORing and even less a NIX or herc and i like it anyways just wanted to share to players that love playing unique playstyle that its awesome
Post edited by NinJaXXX - Harshlands on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thats one big run-on sentence.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nope, I definitely haven't heard of a Fist/Bow Venomancer statting 2Str/3Dex before o0;

Have you been doing that all the way from the beginning, or did you just restat recently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • DevilishTaki - Sanctuary
    DevilishTaki - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:pleasb:pleasedTalking about a unique style to play i dobt ull EVER find any player being more Unique then POOR me hehe

Hate to burst your bubble but your not the only non-magic veno :P
    I usually use spears but right now I'm using the hammers from the lvl.50 supply stash. (can't wait to get my TT60 spear >.< the hammers are ugly :P) My base stats are Vit.20, Str.205, Mag.5, Dex.80 (my Vit is 20 in case I need to fight by myself without pet) my build works really well, I just use my magmite to take agro while I poke around the enemy with my spear. The veno buffs and heals as well as soul transfusion make my build quite interesting. Later on I'll go back and catch a sawfly and lvl it up so I can just go berserk on people :P

Oh and my genie skills are (going to be :P) Tangling Mire, Hollow Fist, Frenzy, and Holy Path.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The only problem with these builds is the inability to use fox form with em. b:angry
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    eeeeh nope i havent reset my veno ever its not hard to lv up its as off yet only 44 but lol i am having fun so who cares and is guildless as i dont like ppl who cant get that making build is fun anyways i am quite rich as all venos are and who need to have pet to kill a singel mobs ooh ooh i am sad u need ur gole to agro mobs ur lv devill but sadly i dont need mob though with mob i dont need pots ad get more money that way well once i reach 6x ill write ore to say how it goes lol and oooh have fun in ur buildsb:cute
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The only problem with these builds is the inability to use fox form with em. b:angry

I've never needed to use fox form with this build, by the time it'd take me to equip a wand to transform into fox form and then cast a debuff on the mob then transform back and equip my weapon I'd have killed the mob already without debuffing.

Also the main reason I use my magmite is because it has a lot of defense and can hold its own in prolonged combat, therefore I can attack mobs my lvl with my pet attacking another mob nearby. The only reason I attack together with my pet is so that I don't have to stop and heal my pet after every few mobs, which saves time and mp.

*side note: this build with bramble hood rocks! ^^*
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i dont need hood nor a pet for that atter only for the reason it gets cheper use no pot only heal ANY pet with pure basic lv heal offcourse as my mag is 5 lol i kill fast as my hp is low but still higher then venos i have seen becouse i can equip str helmet and to almost everyones suprise i equip 1 armor piece with heavy armor a bit lower to give the extra boostb:cute anyways i need to see how it does at higher lv so this is all i can say for now
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Its not as great as you would think at higher lvls. You will we looked down upon sometimes as a "weaker" veno because your using a build that is unfamiliar to most people, getting into parties becomes more difficult because most people think that any veno that does anything other than magic is useless, etc...

However it does pay off. You'll meet a lot of people who are interested in your build and may request to become friends with you (happens a lot lol) You never know what to expect next, you'll be learning interesting combos no one has ever seen before, everyone will remember you instantly, you'll become semi-famous (assuming you are successful with your build and no one else has done it or gone as far as you have)
    i dont need hood nor a pet for that atter

Also for the record, I'm not saying I need these to survive, I'm saying that using these makes your killing go by so much faster.
  • Esparagondaa - Sanctuary
    Esparagondaa - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have same veno so it isnt unique i have ade it last month and i level it up to 30 and i think it is great but wiz is beaterb:bye
    edit:sory it isltile difrend it is pure dex
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have same veno so it isnt unique i have ade it last month and i level it up to 30

Sorry I forgot to clarify on that lol, I meant its rather rare to see a non-magic veno past lvl.60. I've seen 2 that made it to their 50's but I haven't seen or heard from them in a while. Takes a lot of dedication (and maybe some stupidity :P) to work on an experimental build for this long lol.
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well i knew i miht have hard later on cos physic player will try get those damn acc ring but then ill have to conter it with a eve ring and yes i knew ppl will flame me more the higher lv i go as ppl dont wana we unique only play what is popular and i am all oposite aside i can ake this build work as i will have no skill ill have to we more creative with apoth pots but i cant go in that yet as i havent started with those yet and i dont wana make ppl copy me iff i succed ill let u knewb:pleased
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Technically, they can use Fox Form using the Wand of Colors if they hung on to it. I said "if they did" because Fox Form is currently bugged and doesn't work barehanded right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i dont wana make ppl copy me

lol if your build works really well you'll have people copying you, trust me...
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It's good to see something different. b:cute Bravo to you.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    GoGoGo, crazy and unique Veno builds.

I have boring Arcane/Magic Wand build. :-( Anything else feels like swimming upstream to me.

But at least I don't own a Golem. I won't have any pet the stands higher than my beautiful ample breast and blocks my view. I enjoy starring at them too much to allow that. All my pets are small and well behaved and stand to the side. I can't abide a rude pet that stands inside of me.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well i knew i miht have hard later on cos physic player will try get those damn acc ring but then ill have to conter it with a eve ring and yes i knew ppl will flame me more the higher lv i go as ppl dont wana we unique only play what is popular and i am all oposite aside i can ake this build work as i will have no skill ill have to we more creative with apoth pots but i cant go in that yet as i havent started with those yet and i dont wana make ppl copy me iff i succed ill let u knewb:pleased

Actually the higher level you get the more respect you get. Well at least on Heaven's Tear XP. When they see that you went from lv 1 to a very high level without changing that build then they should give you more respect. Of course there is a run in with the conformists >.> but who cares about those strict people.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited June 2009
    Options
    GoGoGo, crazy and unique Veno builds.

I have boring Arcane/Magic Wand build. :-( Anything else feels like swimming upstream to me.

But at least I don't own a Golem. I won't have any pet the stands higher than my beautiful ample breast and blocks my view. I enjoy starring at them too much to allow that. All my pets are small and well behaved and stand to the side. I can't abide a rude pet that stands inside of me.

Hurray for no huge pets! b:shockedThey seriously do get in the way even if it's not my pet.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well yesturday i lved 2 lvs with no xp scroll but at my lv its not hard iff u grind so now i am 48 still same build u see i never reset as build is how i play and here on harsland everything cost to much but everybody here on hars knews this ooooh i am happy that i get so many respond and i alredy bouth fist legendery lv60 as they are so cheapb:pleased pvp wise ppl cant sell it wish makes it cheap for me to buyb:pleased
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Am I unique cause I add my pts with no sort of plan at all? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrsurine - Sanctuary
    Mrsurine - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol... You can totally be unique being a mag Veno. :P
    And I'm pretty sure we mag Veno's also have fun with our characters.
    And you are definatly not the only non mag build in the game :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'M DARTH VADAR!"
    "Who gives a sith?"
    b:chuckleHAHAHAHHA. I'm not funny. b:cry
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol... You can totally be unique being a mag Veno. :P
    And I'm pretty sure we mag Veno's also have fun with our characters.
    And you are definatly not the only non mag build in the game :P

Unfortunately, white haired venos are the least unique of all, especially with my hair cut. b:cry

Love the sig by the way. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear
    Dragoniaseh - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, white haired venos are the least unique of all, especially with my hair cut. b:cry

Love the sig by the way. b:laugh

I love it too

to be honest, I think it's because of the bg @ the char costom page in the very beginning (it being dark) that most of venos have white hair ^^ xP
  • Churam - Dreamweaver
    Churam - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am wondering, would it be possible to keep up in the 70-90 lvls with a build like this? I mean I am still pretty new to this game but I have noticed monsters become increasingly stronger as you lvl and grouping becomes more important. Also would there be any advantage being a melee Veno compared to let's say a Barbarian? Not trying to flame or anything, just curious what are your opinions. Btw I am a LA build veno right now, but I might change it to something else in the future.
    Character: Churam
    Class: Venomancer
    Guild: Valryrie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Credit for sig goes to me.
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am wondering, would it be possible to keep up in the 70-90 lvls with a build like this? I mean I am still pretty new to this game but I have noticed monsters become increasingly stronger as you lvl and grouping becomes more important. Also would there be any advantage being a melee Veno compared to let's say a Barbarian? Not trying to flame or anything, just curious what are your opinions. Btw I am a LA build veno right now, but I might change it to something else in the future.

LA is kind of weird, since you are in the middle?
    I had some trouble trying to decide if I wanted to be more melee or more mag.
    Normally I would go melee all the way. I would have been a BM if not Veno.
    But lets face it, veno is a spell caster, and her skills require magic especially healing a pet.
    I use to have very low mag, and I switched that all around when I got into the 70s.
    If your magic is low you aren't going to heal pet as well, and your attacks will suck.
    If your pet dies and mob comes after you, yeah you can maybe take more hits than a veno in arcane, but if you dont gun it out of there you are dead.
    I recommend keeping your str and dex high enough to wear your current lvl armor, with most of your pts still going into mag. And your vit doesn't need a ton, but make sure to get armor with citrine shards to make up for it.
    How much vit you want is up to you.
    I wanted more vit, so I have about 60? 50? not sure
    And my mag still isnt as high as arcane veno, but a lot better than it use to be.
    I'm not a nuker and I'm not tank.
    I do okay damage, without having to worry of aggro.
    I can lure in fbs without my faction/squad having to worry if I get hit by mob.
    And if the lower lvls need I can manage to tank some bosses with spam healing pet.
    So far I'm completely satisfied. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Options

Lol, I just posted this earlier.

I have been this build from lv1 to 78 (About to lv in a few)

Pros:
    -More physical resistance and damage
    -More physical attack
    -High health
    -If pet dies then you have a way to help yourself not to get killed
    -Pet and veno take turns tanking (You can do this to make the enemy switch from one to the other so it will take longer to attack one of you)
    -Soul tranfusion can be used as an extra life bar (since you hardly use magic this is a great skill to use)
    -Possibility of tanking bosses (Depends on heallth&def)
    -For mobs you can take aggro without worrying about dying too much instead of commanding your pet to attack every monster that comes your way.
    -Healing pet is the same as a typical veno (if and only if you upgrade that skill)/ This goes for all skills unless it is a magic attack skill.
    -Axes/swords can be used for heavy damage
    -Foxform can be used to debuff and kill enemies

Cons:

Yes there has to be some.

-Lower magic attack than usual venos (Can be solved with magic shards getting put into your armor)
    -Lower magic defense than usual venos (Can be solved with magic shards getting put into your armor)
    -You'll never be as good as a good barbarian. Better than a blademaster but not a barb your same lv. (A barb lower than your level is easy to take out but not a barb your lv that knows what he is doing.)

However I don't know how a barb (same lv) vs. tankveno (same lv) + pet (same lv) will turn out. I always did duels without my pet to make it fair. So I guess I should try at least once.

I haven't hit anymore cons along my way. Just don't get cocky with bosses. Some bosses you actually need a barb/team for.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol i LOVVE crazy as Veno builds in LC i was knewn why some ppl as the strongest veno and why some ppl the weakest veno depends on who u duels ofcourse but lets face it we play to have fun stickys are there to help ppl with directions NOT to tell u that u Must go those builds.

anyways i alredy said this before i was a HIGH vit LA veno on LC beated players on duel from right to left no pk as i have no heiro and we all knew who will win with heiro anyways my build with my veno on LC was 223 vit and around 80 on str and dex lv69 veno hade with no armor and only my own hp was 4133 hp with armor and barb buff lv10 7k hp so u can expect me to we a tank come second on redhawk tournament when i was active in that guild only lost to a barb a certain barb only and it was hell off fun iff the player didnt knew my build i could take down a nix veno user with my foxwing supreme that i used and that pet is pretty cool but stats based lets face it pretty bad anyways i didnt have any hard lving her as ppl say

ok now i am playing a veno with 5 vit so pretty low hp and alredy lv50 this is my second week on this veno

i kill pretty fast and as i attack fast i disturb moobs attack a LOt and that means less damage and pots actually heals my low hp
    so i am all cool still though having buff and 7k hp is awesome and i miss it sometimes i was a mag user with 5 mag haha stilll with howl i was doing pretty good

ok now to the point play as u wana play dont get stuck to much on stickys and builds that isnt urs play ur own way that is all i wana say and ull have planty funb:chuckle
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ok now to the point play as u wana play dont get stuck to much on stickys and builds that isnt urs play ur own way that is all i wana say and ull have planty funb:chuckle

Best thing I've heard all dayb:victory
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited June 2009
    Options
    However I don't know how a barb (same lv) vs. tankveno (same lv) + pet (same lv) will turn out. I always did duels without my pet to make it fair. So I guess I should try at least once.

Bramble hood + stupid barb = barb kills himself :P

Beat a barb friend of mine at lvl.59 when he just got and equipped his TT60 hammers and I was still using the lvl.50 supply stash hammers. I have low vit too, (only 20 points but equipment upped it to 30 :P) he died so fast, we both were stunned in shock lol and on top of that I only lost 10% of my hp. Pet was attacking as well lol, crystalline magmite if anyone cares to know. Now I'm curious to know what would happen if I had a sawfly or nix :P
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Bramble hood + stupid barb = barb kills himself :P

Beat a barb friend of mine at lvl.59 when he just got and equipped his TT60 hammers and I was still using the lvl.50 supply stash hammers. I have low vit too, (only 20 points but equipment upped it to 30 :P) he died so fast, we both were stunned in shock lol and on top of that I only lost 10% of my hp. Pet was attacking as well lol, crystalline magmite if anyone cares to know. Now I'm curious to know what would happen if I had a sawfly or nix :P

I know but bramble hood ends it too fastb:pleased. I like to play with my food lolzb:laugh
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • NinJaXXX - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ok i was grinding and minding my own bussines and all off a sudden a sudden chuckMorris from QQme attacks me and from what i thought i would lose as he is a fist bm and probably more eve and acc then me he starts to miss and a lot. I have very low hp i send my foxwing at him and i could almost pk hiss sorry **** i aint a pker by blood but iff someone jumps at me and i can pk him i will and who dosent wana pk a QQme he was fast though or my arrow would have got him 1% left on his life now i really want 11% crith only have 9% so farb:cry now ill realy feel like getting lv60 TT bow and fist