FAC vs FSC

Options
shuzan
shuzan Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cleric
lol @ threat title.

FAC/FSC = Fail. They are not builds, despite what people would like to think. I'm sick of some stupid **** asking me if I'm FAC or FSC. I just always say "Stfu noob, I'm FEC (Full EVERYTHING cleric). A cleric that only focuses on attacks fail, because they are not primary DD's and no squad wants a cleric that has no support skills. A cleric that only has support skills fail because they cannot solo worth ****.

Let the flaming begin b:bye
Post edited by shuzan on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm kinda' sick of this **** and I'm making a promise not to get into this kind of topics/flamewars again.
    I still have a lot to learn about PW, but what is pretty clear to me right now is:
    - each class can be customized to fit a certain type of gameplay. Less chance with Barb, cause he needs to tank. Fail that, fail char.
    - each class has a weakness to another class:
    cleric to Archer
    wizard to cleric
    BM to wizard/cleric
    Barb to cleric/wizzard
    veno + nix to no one
    veno - nix to all.
    in the end, wizzies have clerics to control their power, clerics can't stay alive much to archers phys, the heavy barbs and BMs are easy kill for magics.
    Veno has it's own agenda.
    In the end this game looks pretty nicely balanced

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm kinda' sick of this **** and I'm making a promise not to get into this kind of topics/flamewars again.
    I still have a lot to learn about PW, but what is pretty clear to me right now is:
    - each class can be customized to fit a certain type of gameplay. Less chance with Barb, cause he needs to tank. Fail that, fail char.
    cleric to Archer
    wizard to cleric
    BM to wizard/cleric
    Barb to cleric/wizzard
    veno + nix to no one
    veno - nix to all.
    in the end, wizzies have clerics to control their power, clerics can't stay alive much to archers phys, the heavy barbs and BMs are easy kill for magics.

You forget to mention what Veno + Nix = OP beyond 9000!!! So everyone can just fall and die at the ends of an NPC controlled by an actual player that presses 1 button!

Let the flames begin! b:angry
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • SpriteOfLife - Sanctuary
    SpriteOfLife - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    just like the OP said you should never pick just support skills or just attack skills should allways have a mix of both and other type fails
    archer in the making
    pure dex build
    gonna go sage when i get there
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I disagree they are builds as you play a role of one or another.You either play the role of FAC or FSC cleric.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    a build is based on stat point distribution, not what skills you level. you can be a cleric, or you can be an idiot. there's your choices, make one.
  • shuzan
    edited June 2009
    Options
    a build is based on stat point distribution, not what skills you level. you can be a cleric, or you can be an idiot. there's your choices, make one.
    This man speaks the truth.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    shuzan wrote: »
    This man speaks the truth.

Agreed xD
    And ppl really dont get the difference between build (status point) and skill choice.
    FSC and FAC are skill choice only.
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I disagree they are builds as you play a role of one or another.You either play the role of FAC or FSC cleric.

oh so either a idiot of a ******* idiot?

(i ahte these threads)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryneris - Lost City
    Ryneris - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    There are definitely FAC and FSC. They are people who want to play the cleric into a different angle and flaming against them is just biased sh**. Telling FAC/FSC not to be what they are is like telling another class to just stick to one build/skill set.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    There are definitely FAC and FSC. They are people who want to play the cleric into a different angle and flaming against them is just biased sh**. Telling FAC/FSC not to be what they are is like telling another class to just stick to one build/skill set.

there's a reason you're level 44. b:bye
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I can tell you that in first 60lvs we all use the same skills no matter are you called FSC or FAC....and after lv60 it almost does not matter, cause you are getting allot of spirit.
    Just ppl read silly guides, and get skills they dont use, just to call them selves FSC's FAC's.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    what I never understood reading the FAC guide is where is the advantage after lvl 70 lets say ????
    You have almost all skills maxed. What is the diff then? the mindset? **** that! You tell me u eat **** 70 lvl for doing a little bit more dmg to get in the end to the same point a FSC gets? so you'll be miserable an laugh at for 70 lvl for nothing ... yeah, that's a good idea to build a char. if you're Emo.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the theory behind a fac doing more damage, or kill at some extreme rate faster than any other cleric, is that they debuff normal monsters, and only they can level their attacks. anybody else should have level 1 plume shot i suppose.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    FAC and FSC are just a "Santa Claus" type of agenda. When you were little (lowbie), they made you want to grow up with a good belief in it, but when you grow up (highbe?) and (probably) understand its true purpose, you can either stay in delusion that "there is a Santa Claus" (there are FAC/FSC builds), or you grasp the true meaning of the "lie", and embrace the knowledge of what you actually learned from the belief in Santa... err FAC/FSC builds...

Thus, we can't blame children for being children, can we?
  • Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    FAC and FSC are just a "Santa Claus" type of agenda. When you were little (lowbie), they made you want to grow up with a good belief in it, but when you grow up (highbe?) and (probably) understand its true purpose, you can either stay in delusion that "there is a Santa Claus" (there are FAC/FSC builds), or you grasp the true meaning of the "lie", and embrace the knowledge of what you actually learned from the belief in Santa... err FAC/FSC builds...

Thus, we can't blame children for being children, can we?

I absolutely love that analogy.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    oh so either a idiot of a ******* idiot?

(i ahte these threads)

I am not as they are build a set of skill plus attribute points set to make functioning build.I have over 200 builds on my HD to another game.You just have to buy reset stone to change it.I heard how a great Cleric you were on world chat this morning doing a simple fb19 run.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    cleric to Archer
    Barb to cleric/wizzard
    veno + nix to no one

Cleric ~ archer, plume shell up = archer die, plume shell down = cleric die =o
    Barb + genie > Cleric .
    Veno + nix ~ Barb + genie (actually saw a veno +nix died twice vs barb =/ - 7x)

as for cleric ingeneral, as far as I concern from 1~5x, you will need to max plume shot, cyclone, IH, Vanguard, Magic shell, Magic gift, lvl 1 purify, else you can't do anything. All left in discussion is the stats build.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hay guiz ima FAC and i rox at this gaem!!!!1111!!1one b:victory
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    shuzan wrote: »
    lol @ threat title.

FAC/FSC = Fail. They are not builds, despite what people would like to think. I'm sick of some stupid **** asking me if I'm FAC or FSC. I just always say "Stfu noob, I'm FEC (Full EVERYTHING cleric). A cleric that only focuses on attacks fail, because they are not primary DD's and no squad wants a cleric that has no support skills. A cleric that only has support skills fail because they cannot solo worth ****.

Let the flaming begin b:bye

Lol dude I agree with you 100%, If you have a metal mast skill fully lvled, than 90% of your attack skills are going to do the job. Heck it doesn't have to be fully lvled. In my eyes Clerics can do all, if the right skills are lvled, they can support, attack, def (plume shell, wings of pro, and the other lvl 79 skill) and oh yea they can lower stats and a little stun (Seals). For many clerics one type might be better than the other but in the end a cleric can do all, if build right. Thats why don't believe LA clerics will ever work.
  • Morrolan - Lost City
    Morrolan - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think we can easily settle this dispute. Drop the "F" off both classes. Since NO character can be classified as full offense or defense, because then they would have a major flaw, either that you cannot solo, or you are unwanted in a party since you are labeled as a support class. To do alot of damage, or to have strong heals, you have pump you Mag, so the only real difference in builds is the skill choices, and lets face it its not THAT hard to get enough SP for both trees in the long run.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think we can easily settle this dispute. Drop the "F" off both classes. Since NO character can be classified as full offense or defense, because then they would have a major flaw, either that you cannot solo, or you are unwanted in a party since you are labeled as a support class. To do alot of damage, or to have strong heals, you have pump you Mag, so the only real difference in builds is the skill choices, and lets face it its not THAT hard to get enough SP for both trees in the long run.

hai ur belo lv30 ur aarguemtns dont count b:cute
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    There are definitely FAC and FSC.

No, there really isn't. The skill spread between any two clerics is very similiar if they're non-fail. The primary skills for all non-fail clerics is the same, and the variation between which secondary skills get leveled simply isn't enough to justify being referred to as individual "builds".

"FAC" and "FSC" has no relevance, and this is demonstratable. Check the skills. Is there really any serious variance involved? Everyone is maxing-to-level Ironheart, Plume Shot, Whirlwind, buffs, etc. Where's the separate skill paths?

The only way you can make them distinct is if you did stupid stuff like leveling Stream of Rejuvenation or your AoE heal over something like Wield Thunder and Metal Mastery, and that doesn't qualify you as a "FSC", just as "fail". Or not leveling purify to 5 or Revive once you get past lvl70 so you can level Siren's Kiss at 6x. That's not "FAC", that's just "fail".

Any cleric worth anything can do both PvE support and DD, both PvP support and DD. That's how the class is designed. Failing to understand that is failing to understand the class on a fundamental level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I just have one thing to say about this. FAC all of you. Your all a bunch of dumb FACers. So shut the FAC up.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

shut it fish boy
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So... F stands for "Fail"?
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've just considered myself a support minded cleric... lol

I maxed my heals and buffs to a point where I wanted them along with my attacks so I could solo. Now I'm raising more of my attacks and seals just because I can, not because they make soloing any easier. I've even been asked to DD in some parties even though I generally play more of a support role. So yeah, it's more of a build/skill thing as opposed to whether or not you're a FSC/FAC. In the end, it all blurs together anyway and if you can't do at least a little of either in the beginning you're making life too hard on yourself.

I guess the only pertinent time to ask if a cleric is FSC or FAC is when you need a res and wanna have better odds at what lvl their revive is... lol
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    cleric to Archer
    wizard to cleric
    BM to wizard/cleric
    Barb to cleric/wizzard
    veno + nix to no one
    veno - nix to all.

Clerics have plume shell, other day a level 87 archer crit 400 damage with stunning arrow, if a cleric knows how to duel, archers are no problem.

as for BMs being weak to wizards... I don't know about that without soprohic whisper the BM 'roar of pride' will always beat wizards to a stun, then again with will of bod, soprohic whisper is useless.

As for each class to fit a certain type of gameplay, that's a forp point of view b:chuckle
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I just have one thing to say about this. FAC all of you. Your all a bunch of dumb FACers. So shut the FAC up.

Go kill yourself, 'FAKC'.. stupid full **** kissing clerics..
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • shuzan
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Clerics have plume shell, other day a level 87 archer crit 400 damage with stunning arrow, if a cleric knows how to duel, archers are no problem.

as for BMs being weak to wizards... I don't know about that without soprohic whisper the BM 'roar of pride' will always beat wizards to a stun, then again with will of bod, soprohic whisper is useless.

As for each class to fit a certain type of gameplay, that's a forp point of view b:chuckle
    I've always seen wizards Force of Will beat bm's roar of pride to the punch. So much for that. b:bye
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    idk how can you beat a good archer in a duel specially with plume shell on...He just eats your mp in few shots >.>