Guildless in PW? We've got it bad

Options
kissmeimsingle
kissmeimsingle Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Me, being a decent level guildless cleric in Harshlands, gets constantly invited to join a guild. I don't mind getting guild invites, or random people I pass asking me if i'm looking for a guild, that's all fine and dandy. What I HATE is when I say "No, sorry" some people constantly badger me saying that i'm stupid for not being in a guild and that I should quit playing. b:sad Why?! I have my reasons for not wanting to join a guild. Yes, you may think it's stupid, but I don't. Maybe I just don't like being a "part" of anything. Maybe I like the solo experience. Maybe i've never joined a guild in any game before (except guild wars and WoW) I've heard alot of drama goes on in guilds, and I happen to not like drama. (Not saying EVERY guild has drama, but alot do. Forums and WC prove that)

Ok, I understand that being guildless can make the gaming experience in PW harder. Harder to find teams, can't do TW's, not as much protection, KOS by some guilds etc. I understand it all. But it doesn't mean I want to join one.

I've been guildless my entire time playing this game, and I don't intend to change. The only thing i'm really missing out on is TW's, but i've seen vids of those, and it doesn't look all that exciting. TW payment might be nice also, but I make decent moneyb:shocked, despite being a cleric.

So, to anyone who gives invites, or pm's guildless people to try to get them to join, go ahead, this part i'm not complaining about. But I ask you, if they say no, please don't badger them saying it's stupid, saying they should quit, or insulting them. That person probably has a reason for not wanting to join a guild. b:thanksb:pleased
Post edited by kissmeimsingle on

Comments

• DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    it is true.. the only thing you need it for is TW. If you have the ability to make friends, then you will never need a guild.
    I go guildless like every other month just cause i enjoy being a loner.

The random guild invites need to stop. I get atleast 2 or 3 random guild invites a day when i'm just trying to run threw arch. I'v even been randomly invited by the some of the "top" guilds on my server. Shame Shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Become one of us....

one of us....

Onnneeee ooofff uuussss..... b:boredb:faintb:bored
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Im agree too, many times others ask me why u dont have guild?....
    i have all my friends on my friends list and when i need help i ask they i dont need a guild.

i dont understand random guild invites... and they badger me everyday with random invites too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Random invites are counter productive,you're going to have **** hats accepting those invites only and ruin whatever guild you're in.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OBEY OBEY DO AS I SAY (YAY) JOIN A FACTION^^

it would be easyer to awenge othe ppl lol cuz harshlands is a pvp server right?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Interesting. I've declined many guild invites or people pming me, and I've never had anything other than an "ok, have fun". I understand clerics are more in demand, but what cleric in their right mind would ever join a guild after being berated?

Good luck, and enjoy your guildlessness. I have a feeling you'll do just fine finding groups with or without one.

On another note...are there seriously guilds that have KOS of all guildless players? ouch.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Totally Agree to that....

Furthermore :
    I receive quite the same amount of invites, usually even without the formal "Hey, d u lik 2 join a cool guild?" (I use this kind of irritating Kevin spelling on purpose : they are the usual kind of messages I get).
    I really hate when some guild just "farms" people in order to grow up.... this is so easy to just add a polite "Hi, would you like to join?". Even when spelled the Kevin way invites are more welcome that farming invites: systematic refusals should be returned in farming recruitment cases!

And indeed, usual answers figuring how much I miss being guildless are a bit.... irriting too.

But I also appreciate the good part of some invites... verbal harassment from some sycophantic recruiters (some I now consider as friends) who now mainly keep asking for fun can be very pleasant, and also flattering! So, go on asking, you guys.... the lonely girl hiding inside me may one day scream for some family, or harem ;).
  • kissmeimsingle
    kissmeimsingle Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Interesting. I've declined many guild invites or people pming me, and I've never had anything other than an "ok, have fun". I understand clerics are more in demand, but what cleric in their right mind would ever join a guild after being berated?
    Alot of people will just say "Ok, have fun" or something like that. But also many times i've had people insult me, etc. One person once even said "join us or die"
    On another note...are there seriously guilds that have KOS of all guildless players? ouch
    Sadly, yes. They think just because we're guildless, we'll be an easy kill (Luckily, being a 8x, i'm not such an easy kill for the lower levels who try to kill me) Or, they kill us thinking that killing us means we won't have a guild to back us up. (That's what friends are for b:pleased)
    I really hate when some guild just "farms" people in order to grow up.... this is so easy to just add a polite "Hi, would you like to join?". Even when spelled the Kevin way invites are more welcome that farming invites: systematic refusals should be returned in farming recruitment cases!
    Lol, totally agree with that.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i also prefer solo, however it gets awful lonely
    so to break it up some, i find myself helping new players at various stages - even occasionally joining a faction, or help to establish one (till they can stand on their own)
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Davias - Lost City
    Davias - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Im agree too, many times others ask me why u dont have guild?....
    i have all my friends on my friends list and when i need help i ask they i dont need a guild.

i dont understand random guild invites... and they badger me everyday with random invites too

I used to think that way too, I played alone even when I was in a guild not too long ago. but everything changed when I get in a good guild with good people. you really do not want to play alone when you have good people around you. I used solo HH for coins all the time, but I have not even done one solo since I team with my guild mates about few months ago. I can solo most of the HH we are doing, but we always do it in a full squad now. I do not get as much coins as it used be and some time I even lose coins, but I enjoyed the game much more then play solo. When someone die in HH/FB, we laugh at him/her being the first high level dead in low level HH/FB, we sometime even murder someone to just make some stores, no one get mad when that happen. No one mad when get killed after a HH/FB run or even get killed when he is DCed. We do FB/HH/Boss/Grinding/Quest together, it is a waste of time when we do level 50 boss with a full 80+ squad, but so what, we enjoy play together do things together. MMO is about interact with other people, is about team work. And it is not about you can or not get help you need, it is about how you can help others. As a veno, I hardly need any help, but it still make me feel great when my guild mates/friends come over to help me when they know I am doing a quest. It is true, you can still make friend without a guild, but can you get enough people to do a HH anytime you want by just post one message in the guild chat or just says it in the guild vent? Can you get a rez every time you die? Do you always have someone to talk to when you are doing your WQ? I am not mean everyone should be in a guild, but at least give it try, you may find it is more enjoyable to play with a group of people.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    When I finally got tired of the random guild invites I simply created one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i love territory wars, and that is the only reason i am in a faction right now.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    tw causes too much drama,so i avoid it, factionless ftw :O
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    try this: make your own guild, for you and your alts. my family has, to stop people constantly recruit us. works great!

Me, being a decent level guildless cleric in Harshlands, gets constantly invited to join a guild. I don't mind getting guild invites, or random people I pass asking me if i'm looking for a guild, that's all fine and dandy. What I HATE is when I say "No, sorry" some people constantly badger me saying that i'm stupid for not being in a guild and that I should quit playing. b:sad Why?! I have my reasons for not wanting to join a guild. Yes, you may think it's stupid, but I don't. Maybe I just don't like being a "part" of anything. Maybe I like the solo experience. Maybe i've never joined a guild in any game before (except guild wars and WoW) I've heard alot of drama goes on in guilds, and I happen to not like drama. (Not saying EVERY guild has drama, but alot do. Forums and WC prove that)

Ok, I understand that being guildless can make the gaming experience in PW harder. Harder to find teams, can't do TW's, not as much protection, KOS by some guilds etc. I understand it all. But it doesn't mean I want to join one.

I've been guildless my entire time playing this game, and I don't intend to change. The only thing i'm really missing out on is TW's, but i've seen vids of those, and it doesn't look all that exciting. TW payment might be nice also, but I make decent moneyb:shocked, despite being a cleric.

So, to anyone who gives invites, or pm's guildless people to try to get them to join, go ahead, this part i'm not complaining about. But I ask you, if they say no, please don't badger them saying it's stupid, saying they should quit, or insulting them. That person probably has a reason for not wanting to join a guild. b:thanksb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    When I finally got tired of the random guild invites I simply created one.

Thats what I did. b:victory I've also been harassed, "Why aren't you in a guild, are you stupid." and other nonsense. I responded back, "So I'm stupid for not joining some random invite from a random person?" and they usually just shut up because they know its right. -.-
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ...Maybe I just don't like being a "part" of anything. Maybe I like the solo experience...

Many of us feel like you KMIS :)

Personally, I intended to remain guildless from the start but found myself giving in and joining one guild after another from the sheer pressure of invites and yes, cajoling.

There is as much fun as there is drama in any guild. Good days, bad days, and then one day, it feels like too much of the same things from the same peeps, I get fed up and leave.

Same thing with world chat: it gets so sickening at times, I just switch to the "whisper" button to turn WC off.

I found the guildless solution by creating a guild of my own ("Guildless" would not register, so I called it "Loners") and parking all my alts in there -- with the help of a friend -- and since then, have only known peace and enjoyment.

Amazingly, my friends list has been growing since I left the last guild... go figure!

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I didnt had a guild until level 37 (around this level), cause I refuse to join "trash" guildes. I just wanted a really good guild. Then a friend of mine found one and I gladly joined, we were the first people joining that new guild. i meet lots of good people there and an extra help (cause the leaders are alts, they main levels chars are 80+), and I learned much things there.

After a few weeks I become executor then marshal and started recruiting people, many people refuse when I ask, but I dont get mad I say "good game".And guildes wont work only for TWs... the importante part of a guild is the friends we make and the good times we passed.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Grievence - Sanctuary
    Grievence - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    After a few weeks I become executor then marshal and started recruiting people, many people refuse when I ask, but I dont get mad I say "good game".And guildes wont work only for TWs... the importante part of a guild is the friends we make and the good times we passed.

But not everyone accepts rejection the same way, a lot of people who i reject from joining their guild seem to take it as a personal insult, like as if to say "what, is my guild not good enough for you", so it has come to the point that if anyone give me the slightest bit of attitude then they go straight onto my blacklist.

People need to accept the fact that there are people who play this game that dont play well with others, When i play this game i dont feel the need to communicate with people, i do that all day in my real life, i play this game to escape from that.

Granted the game does get harder the higher you go, but i dont think it gets to a stage where you actually NEED friends to accomplish your goals. I have never been in a guild, i have never even had a person put onto my friend list and im playing the game perfectly well enough to really enjoy it.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you shud make a guild with only u in it... XD
    that surely stop ninja invitesb:victory
  • Ruby - Harshlands
    Ruby - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    So, to anyone who gives invites, or pm's guildless people to try to get them to join, go ahead, this part i'm not complaining about. But I ask you, if they say no, please don't badger them saying it's stupid, saying they should quit, or insulting them.

If someone insults you for not joining their guild, then it just proves what a good decision you made by not joining it b:surrender
    Make sure you add those ppl to ignore list too b:victory
  • tae05
    tae05 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    most people always want to be in a guild cause thats only way they can be..
    some people need VALIDATION..

and there are some people that has what you have. dont need others to validate your existence.
  • Stophle - Heavens Tear
    Stophle - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I get invites all the time also. Very annoying but I had one funny one. After they invited me I told them they did not want me because I was a total egotistical ***hole and they STILL wanted me. If your faction would take someone like that you must either be Enrage or be very desperate. I should have taken them up on the offer, had them do all my work, and then asked them to give me stuff! LOL

I do not even like random helpers let alone a whole faction. I do not need people constantly bugging me, getting in my way, lowering my EXP, and taking my kills. I do not even like being buffed by Clerics it just makes it harder to know what my own capabilities are. So I really do not want to be in a Faction!
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I used to think that way too, I played alone even when I was in a guild not too long ago. but everything changed when I get in a good guild with good people. you really do not want to play alone when you have good people around you. I used solo HH for coins all the time, but I have not even done one solo since I team with my guild mates about few months ago. I can solo most of the HH we are doing, but we always do it in a full squad now. I do not get as much coins as it used be and some time I even lose coins, but I enjoyed the game much more then play solo. When someone die in HH/FB, we laugh at him/her being the first high level dead in low level HH/FB, we sometime even murder someone to just make some stores, no one get mad when that happen. No one mad when get killed after a HH/FB run or even get killed when he is DCed. We do FB/HH/Boss/Grinding/Quest together, it is a waste of time when we do level 50 boss with a full 80+ squad, but so what, we enjoy play together do things together. MMO is about interact with other people, is about team work. And it is not about you can or not get help you need, it is about how you can help others. As a veno, I hardly need any help, but it still make me feel great when my guild mates/friends come over to help me when they know I am doing a quest. It is true, you can still make friend without a guild, but can you get enough people to do a HH anytime you want by just post one message in the guild chat or just says it in the guild vent? Can you get a rez every time you die? Do you always have someone to talk to when you are doing your WQ? I am not mean everyone should be in a guild, but at least give it try, you may find it is more enjoyable to play with a group of people.

I have the problem with this that very few people want to "Grind" with me who are on my level. It is a bit more fun to do things together but besides helping others or getting helped there is not much to do besides grinding. I do not need help with quests and most people do not need help with them. Doing them together just trashes EXP and rewards. I hate how I cannot help lowbies with much at all because being in a squad with my higher level tail throws their exp, sp, and drops into the trash bin. So I can only take care of their bosses & FB's which is just me steam rolling some mobs for them while they do nothing but stay out of the way.

I have a pretty nice guild at the moment but I find I like them mostly as a group to chat with more than anything...which is somewhat sad because it would be nice to do more with them than just jaw jack.
  • mogwai
    edited June 2009
    Options
    J U S T - T E L L - T H E M - Y O U R - C A P S - L O C K - I S - B R O K E N ..... E V E N - P O L I T E - W O R D S - S E E M - H A R S H
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Garlix - Lost City
    Garlix - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Bein guildless is not bad i was in FURY and i was realy disapointed because we have fallenapart i was the last who left beacause every1 there was who i liked.When we have fallenapart i joind others guilds and i could go on a TW there but i was bored and i didnt want to go because i didnt have so much fun like in FURY.I hate the ppl who send you guild invitations and then when you refuse they always insulte you or they ask you and you say no they insulte you too and i hate them so much i just want to find them and PK them.It is my buisnes if i want to be guildless or not.
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have a 78 main on LC, and I'm in a guild and have a lot of friends there.

Here, I've kinda chosen to see how far I can get without a guild, and of course FB's aren't a problem, but doing bosses is a bit more difficult, not that I can't get invites or make friends, but a lot of that is done in guild chat that I can't see or participate in, and keeping my 'friends' updated and an eye out for bosses I might need is impractical.

Some people like the game to mostly socialize, but I enjoy just actually playing the game. I'm also kind of a loner and a bit anti-social at times, and it's nice to get away from all the guild drama and just PLAY the game.

And yes, the random invites without so much as a 'hi' do get rather annoying, and on the few occasions where someone asks me why, I just state that I'm happy being guildless at the moment, or that I just want to see how far I can go until I need to join, get bored to death or just give in to pressure.

There are one or two guilds that I am close with, but yeah, I'm hoping for TW/WB/salary (half joking :P)

EDIT: Oh, and seeing how this is a 'new' server with a smaller base of high levels, I've pretty much accepted the fact that I most likely won't get Jewel or Kisma done. Stuff like Viriddis, Kong and Slither shouldn't be as difficult, but I'll probably never get some of the higher level bosses done either, or they'll be in my quest logs forever... (and I'll try not to bow to the pressure of joining faction just to get them done) though one can always hope though.

Also... One thing on HL you would never have seen on a much older server... when I had to do Gouf, there were about a dozen other people who needed him waiting there. Two different parties tried, two parties wiped. I was just sitting there watching this over the span of about two hours a couple weeks ago. It was kind of an eye-opener to see how different things are for being the same.
  • Celine - Harshlands
    Celine - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm just like you kissme. I've never joined a guild, and I probably never will. I don't mind the random invites either but, like you, I hate those that insult you just because you say no.
    The thing about random invites is this: When they send you an invite, and you choose "decline", the person who sent you the invite gets a message saying "-insert name here- has declined your invite" or something like that. That in itself sounds rude. Wish they gave us an option of giving a reason why we don't want to join there guild so we don't seem like we're being rude to them. Optional, of course.
    EDIT: Oh, and seeing how this is a 'new' server with a smaller base of high levels, I've pretty much accepted the fact that I most likely won't get Jewel or Kisma done.

Find me a 40+ cleric, and me and my friend can kill Jewel for you b:victory.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    J U S T - T E L L - T H E M - Y O U R - C A P S - L O C K - I S - B R O K E N ..... E V E N - P O L I T E - W O R D S - S E E M - H A R S H

SLAO TELL THEM YOU AWITCHED YOUR 'A' KEY WITH YOUR 'S' KEYb:victory
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Jotull - Dreamweaver
    Jotull - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wow first post and what a awesome subject to post on. Yes I am the noobiest of the noob when it comes to PW. but that hasn't stopped six guilds hounding me to be one of them. I have no issues with guilds, but I have an issue with sucky guilds that just want members. b:angry

I will join a guild, but not until I find the close knit friendly community; yes folks tell me I am looking for something that doesn't exist, and maybe so....but I would rater keep looking guildless, than to settle for a guild that I won't be happy in.
  • mogwai
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wow first post and what a awesome subject to post on. Yes I am the noobiest of the noob when it comes to PW. but that hasn't stopped six guilds hounding me to be one of them. I have no issues with guilds, but I have an issue with sucky guilds that just want members. b:angry

I will join a guild, but not until I find the close knit friendly community; yes folks tell me I am looking for something that doesn't exist, and maybe so....but I would rater keep looking guildless, than to settle for a guild that I won't be happy in.

now them's a few qualities decent factions look for b:victory

our faction is on dreamweaver also - we are an adult faction ranging in age from 30-70, if interested in joining an adult guild/faction, contact ChaChing in game, who will request your consideration to an officer.