Lvl 101 wizard "guide"

Options

Comments

• fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My videos show the true high levels though...remenber game has 150 lvls not 90 something b:laugh
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'd rather see 8x on a real server than 150 on a private server.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    fluwerbas wrote: »
    My videos show the true high levels though...remenber game has 150 lvls not 90 something b:laugh

The only thing your video contains is **** people will never see. What is the point of watching a level 120 video when no one will be level 120, its stupid and a waste of time. Either make videos of a real server or gtfo. You can go troll your private server forums that are probably empty for all I care.
  • _Ace_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ace_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    3 words private server is different game and retail is different game. So there for it has nothing to do with pwi.b:bye
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://www.rqclan.com/vids/stream/RQTheatre.html

It's missing the most recent vids as he was unable to upload them, which is a shame because they're the better ones (8x territory wars against GZ, amazing)

i like these videos. i never really saw what a light mage can do. glad i'm still pure b:bye

the writer of the guide has the best caster rings in the game. they're unimaginably hard to obtain, have to kill charie in 3-2 for the 4 gold mats to make 1. and make it all the way to the final room in cv and hope you get some of those gold mats

how did he get 2 b:surrender
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think we will have cs items in future that help with rep so getting to 200k rep wont be a huge problem if you buy zen.

have you never been on fb51 runs ?
    stamps drop like crazy
    i went on one run with a full squad
    at the end, each of us got around 3 stamps
    each one gave us 6 rep
    thats 18 rep in about 1 hour of the run
    also, there's extra quests in game called justice quests that you can start doing at lvl 60. there's no limit to the amount that you can do, other than the 1 hour wait to go back and talk to justice envoy
    remember, these guys have been playing for years now. itll take a while for anybody in pwi servers to reach that level
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    stamps drop like crazy
    each one gave us 6 rep
    also, there's extra quests in game called justice quests that you can start doing at lvl 60. there's no limit to the amount that you can do, other than the 1 hour wait to go back and talk to justice envoy
    remember, these guys have been playing for years now. itll take a while for anybody in pwi servers to reach that level

Have you ever been on fb 69-99 runs? No stamps drop at all because they took them out in pwi. GMs stated it a while back like december that they were working on a system to get rep and took out stamps on mid-higher lvl fbs. You do know higher lvl average your party is the more it decreases the chance of stamps droping. Some of the people talking about the rep problem have played other versions of this game MY, CN, etc and are just a lil pissed about the way it is now. Eitherway we cant do anything about it but complain and work for it. Your way might work for you but are you seriously gonna find a fb to do every hour of everyday that you play? Are you not gonna farm at all for gear to get you by untill your reach your rep goal? Are you not gonna grind to be competative in TW or make a lil coin?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Have you ever been on fb 69-99 runs? No stamps drop at all because they took them out in pwi. GMs stated it a while back like december that they were working on a system to get rep and took out stamps on mid-higher lvl fbs. You do know higher lvl average your party is the more it decreases the chance of stamps droping. Some of the people talking about the rep problem have played other versions of this game MY, CN, etc and are just a lil pissed about the way it is now. Eitherway we cant do anything about it but complain and work for it. Your way might work for you but are you seriously gonna find a fb to do every hour of everyday that you play? Are you not gonna farm at all for gear to get you by untill your reach your rep goal? Are you not gonna grind to be competative in TW or make a lil coin?

that's why i specifically said FB51. that clears that
    and i'm not saying you're gonna be running those fbs every hour of your life
    however, i also said to take into consideration that these guys have been playing for years. that clears that.

anything else ?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    by the way, if you're also willing to spend some money, you can buy wedding candy
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    that's why i specifically said FB51. that clears that
    and i'm not saying you're gonna be running those fbs every hour of your life
    however, i also said to take into consideration that these guys have been playing for years. that clears that.

anything else ?

I said your lvl effects stamp drops i'd rather do higher lvl fbs but after a certain time you will have other things to do to be competative in other aspects of the game. FB51 is not efficent in time for rep (talking about getting mobs for tabber and waiting for them to run out and get the last tab)you'd rather run fb59 its faster and you get more rep at a higher lvl. When you reach lvl 90ish you will understand what i mean that stamps will become almost non existant. Oh and you can add go to wraith events to get rep as well from tags. Paying 60 dollars for 20 wedding wines that 400 rep counting both the wife and husbands. Repeat weddings and 30,000 dollars (if 100k per gold thats like 300 billion O.O) for 200k rep you tell me if your getting your money's worth? Now im not really looking for an answer since I know thats a more then a lil crazy and no one in their right mind would do that lol. I just wanted to state that in the current form its harder to get 200k rep in this version then in any other. I am optimistic myself though that they'll put something in to help us get there faster later on in the game. I understand its something to work a while for but i understand where some players who have other versions arent happy with the current rep system. Now this thread is the guide for wizards so lets end this now and keep the thread on topic. We both agree it should take time and be worked for.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i still just wanna disagree or else i wont be satisfied
    so...

i disagree with everything you just said b:pleased
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i still just wanna disagree or else i wont be satisfied
    so...

i disagree with everything you just said b:pleased

b:chuckle ................b:victory (10 char)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    <3 lol b:victory
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    stamps drop like crazy
    each one gave us 6 rep

I only got 2 stamps b:sad

and you never got 3 stamps you got 4 :-\
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I only got 2 stamps b:sad

and you never got 3 stamps you got 4 :-\

lol. i noe. the 1 you missed out on was the one i took ;D b:victory
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Anyone else think it's somewhat lame that this guide demands a robe wiz have all +10 or better equips?

cuz lol that seems so unpractical and downright obvious: the same could be said for any class really, 'just spend tens of millions of coins on armor and you'll be epicsauce RAWR..." I guess I was too optimistic when I started reading this lol
  • fluwerbas
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the diff is that just like other class >wiz at low lvls wiz > other classes at high lvlz with highly refined gearz that is why it is said that wiz unly shines at end game which is the truth and nothing but the truth b:chuckle
  • _Ace_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ace_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    fluwerbas wrote: »
    the diff is that just like other class >wiz at low lvls wiz > other classes at high lvlz with highly refined gearz that is why it is said that wiz unly shines at end game which is the truth and nothing but the truth b:chuckle

yep wiz are proven the strongest in phy defence at the end game if u got demon stone barrier(150% more phy def add on) and highly refined accessories and grade 12 phy defence stones.b:dirty but unless ur smart enough to use debuff weapons.

for those of you who are wondering the stats of rank 8 magic sword and when its refined :

☆☆Nature Talker ▼
    Magic Sword
    Close Range
    Grade 14
    Attack Range 3
    Physical attack 663-995
    Magical attack 1212-1481

Str required 50
    Int required 300

Level Required: 100

Price: 60.000 / 6.000.000
    Stocked: 1

Descendant of the undying legend!
    Rank Equipment. Unable to be decomposed.
    Unable to be traded or discarded. Protected from death.

Craft Rate with 2 socket(s): 100%

Drop rate with 2 socket(s): 100%

Award from quest
    Nature Talker (100+)
    Items AddonsItems AddonsRefineRefineItems Addons:
    Amount:3

Maximum Magic Attack +130

Magic +14~15

Critical Hit Rate +4%

Refine

Attack:

1: +26

2: +52

3: +79

4: +111

5: +148

6: +196

7: +258

8: +338

9: +443

10: +579

11: +754

12: +975
  • juboforce
    juboforce Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I said your lvl effects stamp drops i'd rather do higher lvl fbs but after a certain time you will have other things to do to be competative in other aspects of the game. FB51 is not efficent in time for rep (talking about getting mobs for tabber and waiting for them to run out and get the last tab)you'd rather run fb59 its faster and you get more rep at a higher lvl. When you reach lvl 90ish you will understand what i mean that stamps will become almost non existant. Oh and you can add go to wraith events to get rep as well from tags. Paying 60 dollars for 20 wedding wines that 400 rep counting both the wife and husbands. Repeat weddings and 30,000 dollars (if 100k per gold thats like 300 billion O.O) for 200k rep you tell me if your getting your money's worth? Now im not really looking for an answer since I know thats a more then a lil crazy and no one in their right mind would do that lol. I just wanted to state that in the current form its harder to get 200k rep in this version then in any other. I am optimistic myself though that they'll put something in to help us get there faster later on in the game. I understand its something to work a while for but i understand where some players who have other versions arent happy with the current rep system. Now this thread is the guide for wizards so lets end this now and keep the thread on topic. We both agree it should take time and be worked for.

Farm FB 89/99. With decent gear you can manage a couple hundred rep an hour.
    Anyone else think it's somewhat lame that this guide demands a robe wiz have all +10 or better equips?

cuz lol that seems so unpractical and downright obvious: the same could be said for any class really, 'just spend tens of millions of coins on armor and you'll be epicsauce RAWR..." I guess I was too optimistic when I started reading this lol

Wrong. The reason he's saying you need that gear is because it's only after this point do things start turning. It's only after you're all +'ed up and socketed that you'll shine. Other classes won't compare even with comparable gear.

Ever see a MG with a +12 Exalted Supreme Ossify come down on a WR with a Cryonite Dragon? GG right there.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    juboforce wrote: »
    Farm FB 89/99. With decent gear you can manage a couple hundred rep an hour.

Wrong. The reason he's saying you need that gear is because it's only after this point do things start turning. It's only after you're all +'ed up and socketed that you'll shine. Other classes won't compare even with comparable gear.

Ever see a MG with a +12 Exalted Supreme Ossify come down on a WR with a Cryonite Dragon? GG right there.

Only way your getting a couple hundred rep is if your party lets you keep all the rep or you farm it alone. I highly doubt that for a wizard.
  • XCyrusX - Harshlands
    XCyrusX - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    someone should post endgame info for all classes for everyone else wondering where their classes will end up lvls 90-100+
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    end game, barbs and mages shine the most. archers still shine, just not as much as everybody has far better gears. their mediocre damage turns into null on a well equip player.

cleric wont kill efficiently unless they have more -channeling, because we simply don't have enough attack skills. good thing we're a support class, and are there to support people fighting. not solo something with 15k hp.

warrior stun lock is still powerful, but it wont kill without dragon(or fist).

venomancer is less op. actually, the bird stops hurting eventually. you just have to get there. in due time, their pets become 1 shots, and the veno has to rely on their selves, which isn't much to rely on.

unfortunatelyfor them, the only thing a veno is good for end-game is tw and group pk. solo isn't a factor anymore for them, unless they're ganking some poor, defenseless low level.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    end game, barbs and mages shine the most. archers still shine, just not as much as everybody has far better gears. their mediocre damage turns into null on a well equip player.

cleric wont kill efficiently unless they have more -channeling, because we simply don't have enough attack skills. good thing we're a support class, and are there to support people fighting. not solo something with 15k hp.

venomancer is less op. actually, the bird stops hurting eventually. you just have to get there. in due time, their pets become 1 shots, and the veno has to rely on their selves, which isn't much to rely on.

unfortunatelyfor them, the only thing a veno is good for end-game is tw and group pk. solo isn't a factor anymore for them, unless they're ganking some poor, defenseless low level.

at the moment, flesh ream can be upgraded up to lvl5. do you really think that's going to be that way forever?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it always has been, why would they change it now?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it always has been, why would they change it now?
    they won't change it now but i'm sure we won't get rid of flesh ream anytime soon.

guess when 120+ players roam the servers venos will start complaining their class is the weakest in damage and survivability for pvp and then... lvl10 flesh ream? ultra rare pet skill books? i can't predict which measure will be taken so the only thing i'm 100% sure is that PW want wizards to be the most squishy class without the highest attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mage has the highest burst damage in the game. nothing is equal. at end game, physical defense is easier to build than magic defense, ESPECIALLY for a mage. stone barrier turns your robes into solid sheets of steel later on.

it's possible for you to have over 9k pdef self buffed.

and, even if the bird does get level 10 skills, they still die in 1-2 shots with their hp buff on against a mage with a +7 weapon.
  • fluwerbas
    edited June 2009
    Options

You are right on most fo the things you just forgot to mention that WF debuffs are really useful for taking down well geared characters at end game and group PvP.
  • XCyrusX - Harshlands
    XCyrusX - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Clerics seem to miss out on endgame pvp a bit less than venos
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I thought Flesh Ream had a max level of 5 followed by a super rare skill that acts like the next level, most pet skills do this.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    juboforce wrote: »

b:puzzled

no never seen a +12 Exalted Supreme Ossify... never seen a regular one either, I must be noob.

Otherwise though thanks for kinda clarifying that. I wonder though--if no one has +10 gears, do wizzies still shine? or is like you said, "only after you're all +'ed up and socketed?"