[Battle] Blademaster vs Barbarian

13»

Comments

• Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i beat a bunch of BMs in duels b4.... u just need to prevent him from stunning u.... BM unable to stun=dead.... btw in tige form.... barbs do a decent amount of damage.... strength of the titans+ poison fang...... and if u go demon.... tiger form does full damage...
  • Dirty_PEET - Sanctuary
    Dirty_PEET - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dont bump old threads for no reason, its against the rules.

And by posting this reply (s)he furthermore bumped the old thread... IRONY...

As for the original topic before being hyjacked by venos, barb vs bladey at high lvls is a stalemate... bladey's stun locks? annoying but avoidable with pots and/or barb 79 skill... barb with insane HP and relatively high P.Def vs bladey with the dex to have the main thing barbs lack accuracy and evasion... any sane higher lvl players would just **** away at each other for 30 seconds or so and then quickly become bored.. i just ignore bladeys when squad PvP and go straight for the squishies... barb vs barb and barb vs bladey is a waste of time... but who would win if you did bother to stick it out? the barb.. i'd like to see a bladey who can bipass a barb's charm... barb however just has wait for the bladey's charm to click, hit them with onslaught then geddon them.. may not work the first time you try (barb will prob miss lol) but you will get the bladey that way before they could eat away your whole charm.... and to try to bipass a barb's charm? i'd love to see a bladey who can take over 17k HP off me in less then the 10 second refresh time on my charm... you can't bipass it solo....
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Blademasters, constant damage and stuns outweigh Barbs meat shield.

yup, as much hp as barbs have bms can stun and hit for more damage more often.
  • JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why does it matter if you bump old threads or not? I don't get it-why is it better to make a new thread? Doesn't it make more sense to collect the posts into 1 thread to make it easier to search for and find relevant information?
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol I like how it almost got derailed into a veno thread at the beggining. b:chuckle

But in open pvp...neither will die. Most BM's and especially barbs will be using powders, regular pots and a charm.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    really all one would have to do is aim for a quick kill.
    a smart player should use a not so damaging hit, so charm doesnt go off, attempt the stun, then spike for maximum damage output for the kill.

if charm does go off repeat above process minus not so damaging move. works for killing both barbs and BMs on a magic class :)
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    how about a fist bm vs barb? they guna have high eva so barb would miss alot. not really sure though as im only lvl29 bm. just a suggestion lol
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm not sure about other barbs, but I don't lose duels often. I don't bother with pk for the reasons that all that happens is multiple people attacking smaller groups and that I almost never have guardian charms. It is difficult for me to find someone under level 80 or so who can beat me one on one. My good friend AscendedKing is a level 78 blademaster. When we duel it is very intense, almost always with him winning by under 100 health. My faction leader is a level 86 blademaster and if he has his timing perfectly I still get him down to about 60%, and down to 30-40% if he messes up. As far as archers, they are not hard to beat. 2 days ago I fought a level 9X archer and 9X fist blademaster. The archer did nothing but run around when I wasnt stunned or frozen and attack me while I was, and I still nearly killed her. The blademaster barely beat me while using his Demonic Eruption, whereas I never use my Eruption moves in a duel. The following night I nearly killed a level 92 venomancer with a pheonix. I found out after she left the area that my 73 wizard friend healed her, and I then killed him in 3 hits. If anyone doesn't think a barb can do the stuff I do, I invite them to message me ingame and I will prove that barbs are not to be doubted.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If the BM knows how to stun... Then I feel bad for the barb..
    I once dueled a BM that knew what she was doing.. Lets just say I only attacked 2 times; the rest of the time I was stunned.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    O.o

I just defeated a lvl 88 Barb (+5 my lvl) earlier today in Duel, not PK. Took me 3rd try to figure it out: well placed stuns ftw. I'm a sword build too, so no stun-lock tactics used. Idk tho, ppl don't like the Sword BMs. We are a lot less popular than the Axers.

However, I consistently lose to my guildie Barb friend at same lvl, so it might just be player tactics. I don't have lvl 79 skills, and I never Sutra in a duel either, just doesn't seem right.

Conclusion: I'd like to say BM would win via stuns. But I think I'm biased a little. Good discussion topic!

ps: I've learned to run around for 20 secs when I see turtle form too XD. No use hitting that thing.

Jae!
    *points to Gom*
    Hez calling me noob again!
    - V

lol you think sword bms are unpopular, i barely see any spear bms like myself, i think in total i have only seen 2.... 2!!!!!b:cute
    b:shocked
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    To interject on whoever said Barbs have more defense... If a Blademaster is made right he will have massive amounts more, as is the case of my Blademaster who has over 25,000 defense buffed where normal Barbarians have around 18,000. That's 7,000 more, even reduced by 30% it's still more than the Barbarian.

As for a barb with a charm winning because of HP, ever hear of Fist? It grants elemental damage to attack for 20 seconds. Combine it with Cyclone Heel, the new Genie fire spells that reduce fire resistance and Thunderstorm, the speed alone can eat through their HP in nothing flat but add those and it's a quick fight.
  • Jaemin - Sanctuary
    Jaemin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In a duel...it all depends. Do you run when a BM does spark? Do you run when the barb does his super skill? Does Aeolian Blade stun or not stun? Is it a sword BM? Is it a rainbow BM(uses all weapons, which I have to say would ROCK YOUR SOCKS)? Builds? All I have to say is that traditionally BMs have a higher defense and higher DPS. Non-sage or demon BMs have 180% physical defense ADDED altogether, sage BMs have 240% physical defense ADDED altogether (although you would take a lot more wood damage). That means if a sage BM has 5000 def base, he would have 12000 added to 5000 to make it 17000(!!) The higher DPS comes from the fact that Roar stuns for 6 seconds, allowing you to pummel for 6 seconds, and when that 6 seconds is over the BM has another stun (or more) to use. Now don't say you can chain stun a BM because they have a skill that makes them immune to that and slow debuffs and increases their evasion by 100%. Barbs have their own share of awesome stuff too, but they can't under "normal" circumstances surpass the BM in physical defense and DPS. Likewise a BM can't surpass a barb in hp.