[Battle] Blademaster vs Barbarian

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Bms hav 50% less hp than barbs, barbs hav mabye equal or 10% less damage ( we have strength of titans which increases damage 30% and added 30% wood damge) so basically barbs hav a higher chance at killing the Bm first as not alot of hp to go through. plus we have the increase accuracy 200% buff so more accuracy also.

Question:

Can you still beat Bms, if they use this skill and how?:

"Will of the Bodhisatva Level 1
    Mana: 100
    Channel: Instant
    Cooldown: 60.0 seconds
    Weapon: Melee Weapons
    Requisite Cultivation: Transcendant

Focus vigor underfoot to move as graceful as a dragon in flight. Increases movement speed by 100%, increases evasion while moving by 100%, grants immunity to stun and freeze. Lasts 15 seconds.

Requires 1 Spark. "
  • SabreSnake - Heavens Tear
    SabreSnake - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes and you can beat archers easy too! because (insert made up reason here) b:dirty

actually all that stuff is true, ask a barb in your fac. archers r hard as r ranged lol
  • Alcko - Harshlands
    Alcko - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i read somewhere that dextarity is the archers weakness

i think that anything can beat an archer, as long as it has a high dextarity
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lets say you have 12k in tiger form, and my 6.3k regular HP. Now you use bloodbath because you wont hit anything without it. Thats 10.8k HP, not so bad. Using pdef sutra you dont hit much more than 200 per if that. And with my fists, im going to have chi to use sutra every 30 seconds which is 20% of HP + another 1k HP.

Thats alot of damage that you need to put out between the time that you are stunned to kill me.

I havent lost to a barb my lvl yet in a duel, and dont plan on it.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Bms hav 50% less hp than barbs

I call BS! I got 7.8k HP and I'm a dex build. At 90 I'll reset some Dex, get dual Misty's, the 5% HP necklace, and break 9k HP passive, easily. 50% of a Barb's HP? You said 14k, you'd need 18k to have 50% more HP then me. b:shocked
  • Shinigamii - Harshlands
    Shinigamii - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    whats the name of the 5% necklace?
    Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    whats the name of the 5% necklace?

There are two I think. Sky Demon's Pearl which is a molder. And Necklace of Giant Strength, which is gold TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BM at level 90 has around 7-9k HP self buffed (rich ones have 10-11k HP), and at least 15k physical defense using Alter Marrow Physical.

If it is a duel, the BM will win.

If it is PK, none of them win...well, until one's charm rans out, then the other will win.

The 5% HP Necklaces are:

Level 87 Legendary - Sky Demon's Pearl
    HH90 Gold - Swindler's Necklace
    HH90 Gold - Spiketail Necklace
    HH90 Gold - Necklace of Giant Strength
  • Chili - Dreamweaver
    Chili - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I call BS! I got 7.8k HP and I'm a dex build. At 90 I'll reset some Dex, get dual Misty's, the 5% HP necklace, and break 9k HP passive, easily. 50% of a Barb's HP? You said 14k, you'd need 18k to have 50% more HP then me. b:shocked

actually he would need 13.5k hp to have 50% more hp than you with your 9k. learn some math. b:beatenup
    anyway a barb slefbuffed has 60% more hp than a bm selfbuffed with same gear simply because of their skills.
    b:quiet
  • Matt_ - Sanctuary
    Matt_ - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    blademaster ftw!b:victory
    Sanctuary's worst and poorest bm! b:victoryb:surrenderb:cry
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wr wins in duels unless they dont know how to stun. pvp wise its either a draw if they both know what they are doing or one will win if they either risk themselves to maybe kill the opponent or die risking themselves.
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    soo um with these bm vs. barb posts...
    r we assuming all BM's use duel axes.
    and i find bm's easy to kill pk wise (un-charmed)
    pking with one seems a bit stupid to me...
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Barbs can lower a BMs physical defence by 30%
    Barbs have Invoke spirit
    Barbs have more HP
    Barbs have much faster channeling

Strength of titans + axe mastery = +90% damage

Barbs have a stun with 6 second cool down and 0.2 second channelling
    Barbs have Tiger form
    - They can use the +HP at the beginning of duel then go back human once they lost whatever HP they had gained.

Barbs have bloodbath +200% accuracy

Invoke spirit alone is a god spell, takes 2 sparks so you have 20 seconds to gain 2 sparks during that time a BM will be whipping out 35dmg.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Barbs can lower a BMs physical defence by 30%
    Barbs have Invoke spirit
    Barbs have more HP
    Barbs have much faster channeling

Strength of titans + axe mastery = +90% damage

Barbs have a stun with 6 second cool down and 0.2 second channelling
    Barbs have Tiger form
    - They can use the +HP at the beginning of duel then go back human once they lost whatever HP they had gained.

Barbs have bloodbath +200% accuracy

Invoke spirit alone is a god spell, takes 2 sparks so you have 20 seconds to gain 2 sparks during that time a BM will be whipping out 35dmg.
    Of course!!!!
    Barbarian FTW! xD
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'd say bm's due to stuns if you're talking about duels.

Either way it's a yawn fest.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Barbs can stun for 4 seconds their stun has a 6 second cool down, so really the BM will only be unstunned for 2 seconds which of course will be doing no damage to a barbarians Invoke spirit.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear
    Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    O.o

I just defeated a lvl 88 Barb (+5 my lvl) earlier today in Duel, not PK. Took me 3rd try to figure it out: well placed stuns ftw. I'm a sword build too, so no stun-lock tactics used. Idk tho, ppl don't like the Sword BMs. We are a lot less popular than the Axers.

However, I consistently lose to my guildie Barb friend at same lvl, so it might just be player tactics. I don't have lvl 79 skills, and I never Sutra in a duel either, just doesn't seem right.

Conclusion: I'd like to say BM would win via stuns. But I think I'm biased a little. Good discussion topic!

ps: I've learned to run around for 20 secs when I see turtle form too XD. No use hitting that thing.

Jae!
    *points to Gom*
    Hez calling me noob again!
    - V
  • Smellfish - Heavens Tear
    Smellfish - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    actually all that stuff is true, ask a barb in your fac. archers r hard as r ranged lol
    you forget as well that barbs cant hit **** were as a decent BM will have more accuracy. when i was in my 60s i was waisting 75-80 barbs just because they cant hit through a BMs phys def which mine is much higher then any barb my lvl.
  • Unconquered - Lost City
    Unconquered - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No you won't, because your going to be chained stunned.
    Level 90 Blademaster- 7k hp, Level 90 Barbarian = 12k hp. 7 x 2 =12? :O

a blademaster at 90 with +5 set and 272 str for GX has roughly 7.5k hp unbuffed.

a barb at 90 with a +5 set and 272 str for GX has rougly 15k hp in tiger form
    barbs with min XS str values start off at high 16k low 17k.

give or take grade of gems, barbs have double the HP of warriors with self buffs.
    Warriors are still better in duels and will win more than 50% of the time.

they should make Surf Impact do water damageb:thanks
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    depends on duel strategy
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it depends on the player but BM has higher damage output and Barb can absorb damage in the long run BM.Barbs do better in tigerform.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • xerom
    xerom Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BM's have more defence end game thats a FACT if both players has the same gear. if your talking about demon/sage modes sage mode BMS golden bell gives 30% more def so 90% from aura of the golden bell not just 60% with altar marrow phy that 120% more = 210% def buff. ONLY way a barb will have more def is if they get a golden bell buff from a BM. PVP dual wise I rarely lose to a barbs. lvl 80ish at almost 5.8k hp and I beat 10-11k barbs all the time in duals I don't even have stun lock being a spear BM. I start with roar 6 seconds so I fire off 3 skills draw blood drakes ray farstrike then I fire ael blade if it lands use anothor attack and leap back and fire 2 range skills if I fail ael blade I leap back and barb stun dosn't fire because I'm no longer in range I fire off 2 more range shots and by they time they catch up to me my roars reset and I just start over. On a side note I hit alot of crits being BM. I hardly ever get touched by barbs. so the question is. Will a Barb beat a BM in a dual it all depends on on tatics and skill. damage wise, defence wise, and healing ability BMs should have more of an edge and a barb will have more hp. but everyone has diff builds I've seen a lvl 85 BM with over 7k hp and 10k hp with barb buffs. in a non dual its whoever has the most hp on thier charm. My Barb friend and BM pvp for over 30 mins an and both used up a hpcharm and started on thier second before calling it a draw
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes and you can beat archers easy too! because (insert made up reason here) b:dirty

Um, I actually can beat archers fairly easily.

Back to the topic.

Ok....there are a lot of different factors here. The skill of the player, whether this is in a pk setting or in a duel, what lvl (89+ or below) each player is, etc. In PK, if both BM and Barb have charm, neither will be able to kill each other, you're basically just killing ur charm. Otherwise, though I hate to say this, most likely, a BM will win (not taking player skill level into account). As long as the BM knows how to use his basic stunlock skills (even better if he can get the timing down), he will most likely win.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • hmooblove
    hmooblove Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BARBS OWN BLADEMASTER 1 V 1 it just depens on how the barb is played
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dont bump old threads for no reason, its against the rules.
  • whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    who cares about duals, its pk that matters.

and barbs can use sunder which restores 4.4k hp (6k in sage mode) over 30 seconds.
  • Gorsin - Dreamweaver
    Gorsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if any of you would accept my opinion. the one with more experience will win. dont matter if that bm gonna stun me most of the time. ive got alot of hp. i can bleed/stun in between those stuns. if i stun ill just penetrate then use beastial onslaught. dont know if you numb nuts have realized it. but a bm has 2 choices in a duel with a barb stun luck, or heal. ive beaten bms higher lvl then me. hell a week ago i dueled a bm few lvls higher with insane gear and +5 calamities. sure he won twice, but i still won once.

honestly as ive said...the one with more experience and or gear will win. in pk? gl with your charm battle.
  • whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    rofl... what a loser...
  • Hymir - Sanctuary
    Hymir - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hmooblove wrote: »
    BARBS OWN BLADEMASTER 1 V 1 it just depens on how the barb is played

You can easily say that in Vice Versa.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We have two p.def debuffs, Penetrait(humanoid form, decreases opponents def by 30%) Then Devour(Tiger form, decreases opponents def by 50% and there attack lvl for a short period of time)

We have a HP regan, Sunder(however it takes two sparks)
    We can Invoke the spirit(Now this right here will help you win IF you use it at the correct time)
    Mighty swing never misses(however its 50% to stun)
    We have a skill called frighten which is very helpful duel wise(decreasing the targets attack)
    Our damage is not too shabby at 80+, get a pair of zerk axes or something with gloom.

The debate is poorly answered by "Oh a BM outdamages a barb and can stun lock!"
    My personal experiance in duels vs blademasters of my own lvl or close is that personal skill, gear, and luck are main factors. I usually win duels, even if they stun well, however I lose sometimes as well.
    I love dueling Blademasters, because its more of a challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!