Heavens Tears TW Overview: Triad vs Enrage

Hisui - Heavens Tear
Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Etherblade (West)
Just like I promised.

I'm going to go ahead and write it straight on this forum cus I'm too lazy to open another window. You know how it is.

Anyways before I describe the match, a few forewords; disclaimers, if you will. This analysis only represents my own views and my perspective during the TW. Since I cannot be on every single team nor judge the individual performance of any player, it is extremely difficult to pinpoint the finer specifics in this vast epic battle. Most quantified factoids in this small overview is roughly estimated. However I'm going to do my very best to deliver the most insightful and detailed overview for you. Not you... the other guy.

11:12pm. Match begins. Hisui is on the catapult team this time. I thought it was going to be a rather new experience but it turned out it was quite a disadvantage to me and my team. Reason? Lag. I am not sure about the performance of other players PC, but the entire match I was playing at roughly... 3fps. So yea that means many times I felt I was one-shotted but realistically I was dealt damage by several different players. My computer's performance was never stellar but this time on the catapult team, I had nobody else to grab some assists from. It was difficult but I did my best.

First five minutes was rather smooth for my team. We went over and the A side gate towers rather quickly, but was also pushed back by Triad's strong venomancers. The first thing I noticed about these Triad venomancers are that their pheonixs could not be damaged (edit: upon consultation with my guild, it could have been my lag?). More like, the attack would not register as if the nix was hiding in its own safe zone. This little trick deserves to be looked into as it gave these extremely strong venos another overwhelming advantage. After being pushed back, my team attacked B.

The B road fight was pretty chaotic. I am sure half the people were lagging up the wazoo and I just basically repeated 1) go in 2) charm tick 3) die about 20x. The Triad venomancers again showed that phoenix dominated pvp as they freely killed by the dozens while they kited. Their extremely well refined armor made them invulnerable to the weaker Enrage's nix ganks. Somehow, sheer firepower (no thanks to Hisui) pushed Triad back and back and to the outside of the Triad gate.

After concentrating for awhile on the B road, we were assigned to fight on C. Much like A road it was rather smooth and we were able to down the towers (albeit being pushed back by guess-what-class a few times).

Overall, all 6 of the Triad outside gate towers were down by the 90 min mark. It was the latter 90 min that made Enrage's life extremely hard. It felt like the successful TE defense against RoC I played in months ago. Even though TE was pushed back all the way inside the base, TE easily guarded the crystal with AOEs and zerging the front door. The Enrage catapult pushes were easily taken down, as Enrage main force never had a firm footing inside Triad's base.

So while I can say Enrage outgunned Triad in this TW and kept Triad fighting in its base, it was probably not close to victory and Enrage will not be able to topple Triad with pure luck. I believe the Triad crystal was at the minimum 80%, even though that time it was due to the pure strengths of our clerics and tanks and not the overall pushing effort of the guild. Triad never made an organized pushed towards Enrage base, as it doesn't need to.

Overall, I think Triad venos really shined in this match. They brought a lot of 2 chi pots and aoe stunned many. I used up a total of 200k HP charm and I can say 90% of my deaths came from the same 4-5 venos. Despite my huge lag, I did use everything in my arsenal including 40+ perfect HP potions, 30+ dew apoths, and many blood clots (which is pretty hard to execute in TW tbh).

This has been a learning experience for many new members in Enrage and I believe chemistry will form in our new TW teams. I hope we were able to offer Triad a similar experience and I look forward to the next time we meet.

In the meantime. GMs. Please fix the genie lags so I can play TWs normally again. TYVM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
Enrage - We Eat.
Post edited by Hisui - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Did you really expect us to read this huge wall of text?b:angry
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    Did you really expect us to read this huge wall of text?b:angry

yes. and Im sure you read it too. slave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    let's just say enrage had enough pheonixes themselves :p

u just noticed all the pheonixes because you were in the cata squad , wich gets most attention from veno(pheonix), archers and wizard

but yes it was an amazing experience and a good TW to get to know our genie (and the lag >_> )
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, it was the most fun TW I've had since Triad's first TW. However, I'm getting really bored of everyone saying that Triad is pure phoenix and venos, when every other big guild out there has an equal if not greater amount of them.

Sure, no other faction has Antigone or Momento, but you get the idea.

This TW was a lag fest and my own client crashed at least half a dozen times, but it was still very fun.

Enrage has some high level Archers with "highly refined gears", as you put it yourself. Although I'm curious how high a refine rate has to be to be considered "extremely high".
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, it was the most fun TW I've had since Triad's first TW. However, I'm getting really bored of everyone saying that Triad is pure phoenix and venos, when every other big guild out there has an equal if not greater amount of them.

Sure, no other faction has Antigone or Momento, but you get the idea.

This TW was a lag fest and my own client crashed at least half a dozen times, but it was still very fun.

Enrage has some high level Archers with "highly refined gears", as you put it yourself. Although I'm curious how high a refine rate has to be to be considered "extremely high".

Not really. High level archers with highly refined gears will die to nix venos very quickly. You might want to ask your own guilds venos before posting.

Its not only momento and antigone. Do remember half of your TW team is TE and I know them very well. It just so happen that nix venos are the games' premier pvpers and Triad has most of the high profile ones (even according to the top 50 list)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    let's just say enrage had enough pheonixes themselves :p

u just noticed all the pheonixes because you were in the cata squad , wich gets most attention from veno(pheonix), archers and wizard

but yes it was an amazing experience and a good TW to get to know our genie (and the lag >_> )

oyy you Triads >_>

the extra notes to your venos is a compliment really. I'm just highlighting Triads strongest point but not really ignoring the existence of the rest of Triads team. I did notice Triad BMs stunned catas beautifully but this is an overall review and as I said I don't have enough space to give personal commendations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm curious,when you were attacking the triad nixes did it say resist when you hit them?Or any damage numbers but hp never moved?
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yea, nixes are a bit OP, but does bleed stack?

1) can a single nix stack bleed effects?
    2) if not, if 2 different nixes attack someone, wil said person recieve 2 bleed effects?
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    Did you really expect us to read this huge wall of text?

I read the whole thing b:surrender

After all, a battle of such epic proportions has not been seen on this server since the days of RoC. If more ppl from either side would submit their stories, that would be great! b:victory

No bashing pls! Everyone has their own perspective.

Anyone's account of events is obviously partial, and needs to be taken with a grain of salt, so to speak.
    But certain interesting facts tend to come to light nonetheless.
    So keep it coming! thx

P.S. Triad FTW! b:cute
  • LayOnIt - Heavens Tear
    LayOnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I can assure u that the nixes were not invulnerable. I took great delight in killing Enrage nixes (ih8 themtoo!!!). I think I may have died more times in this TW than any other...I loved it!!!

BTW Archers were far more deadly than Veno nixes for me.

Cant comment on anymore detail...dont want to give strategy away but it all went to plan woohaaaa!!! b:pleased
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    wel krasava if u wan't to hear another part of the story :d

i'll post mine (altho mine won't be that long )

i was on the overall kil team

so not that much attention on me , first encounter in TW was a blademaster who critted 5 k dmg on me , first thing i thought was "we're doomed" XD

when going back into battle we were holding enrage at the towers in B road
    after some pushing and killing enrage got to our gate towers where we fought for about a good hour while trying to get in. after they destroyed a couple of our outside towers , they could more easely get into our base , this was about the last hour of TW

altho at that time , we had some towers down , altho it seemed like enrage was slacking , or we just gotten stronger then at the start of TW , barbs ran into our base and just got slaughtered in 5 sec (depending on wich barb offcourse b:chuckle)

so around 1 hr left in timer enrage had a good push and got our HQ down to ~85% at the end of TW the HQ was back up to 95%

so basicly to compare my experience with hisui's you would need someone from our cata squad , cause every experience in TW depends on wich squad you're in .

if anymore questions , ask cause i'm not that good at telling story's b:surrender
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I can assure u that the nixes were not invulnerable.

I know my own nix wasn't invulnerable. Many Triad nix in the beginning could not be targeted. Its like its in a safezone. ur spell does not cast out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    blame the lag , blame your pc , blame yourselve for not being able to attack or aim a pheonix but

lol there is no such thing as an invulnerable pheonix , only a pheonix that's getting healed b:chuckle
  • Phooo - Heavens Tear
    Phooo - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    blame the lag , blame your pc , blame yourselve for not being able to attack or aim a phoenix but

lol there is no such thing as an invulnerable phoenix , only a phoenix that's getting healed b:chuckle

So the mysterious unkillable, unstunable, unstoppable phoenixs of Triad have been spotted again.

So many players on HT with poor computers, poor connections, poor skills at targeting. One must wonder how any non veno/nix character manages to participate in TW. 90+ Nix hurt, but if there is a game bug, that just sucks for everyone.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    blame the lag , blame your pc , blame yourselve for not being able to attack or aim a pheonix but

lol there is no such thing as an invulnerable pheonix , only a pheonix that's getting healed b:chuckle

hmmm suspiciously defensive ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi,

Whole Triad did great, I would say guys that burned alot of charms were the toughest and that is not class related. Phoenix can kill you very easy only with less than 5k hp.. other than that.. phoenix cant win TW. It is the whole 80 people.

Real battle was on the B road with Enrage Phoenix squads, come to think of it, Enrage is a Phoenix guild as much as Triad .. tho we had less venos in TW in my opinion.

Crystal was at 100% (http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=victoryyyyyyy2.jpg) and both towers standing.
    b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    crystal had 10% left 20 sec before end ...anyway u guys defended very good u have all my respect for that...but who knows what will happen next time...and btw to those who said Enrage is second best guild on HT now...Triad still has to win an offesive battle agingst us to prove they are the best.

Have fun and enjoy PWIb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    crystal had 10% left 20 sec before end ...anyway u guys defended very good u have all my respect for that...but who knows what will happen next time...and btw to those who said Enrage is second best guild on HT now...Triad still has to win an offesive battle agingst us to prove they are the best.

I havent really seen anyone saying that. And it may be true but I also agree they would have to attack us first.

I cant say I had a problem hurting their nixs. I killed a few of their nixs myself and sent a few others running away with them. It was probably just lag, which did get pretty bad at times.

It was a great learning experience for genies too. I was rather surprised to see my Absolute Domain skill didnt work inside. Either that or I was too laggy to see the result. But I tried it on several occasions and never seemed to work. Rather disappointed in that.

Going to have to re-do my damn genies affinity pts -.- Anyone else notice any problems with the absolute domain spell?

Back on topic....

Triads did an awesome job defending against us but they never got a chance to really go offensive during the TW. 75% of it was faught in their base. They have a very strong zhen/turtle around the crystal area that works for them. While nixes pick people off from the sky.

Obviously the key to beating Triads is finding the way to beat their turtle method, will we do it by this next weekend I have no idea. But god I look forward to trying.

If I stop dying this week I should be level 90 by this weekend!! My TT90 gears and wep have collected enough dust waiting on me lol. So Im really excited about seeing if and how much a difference it makes for myself personally inside the TW.

I would like to see Triads on the offensive end of things too. Im kinda hoping you guys attack us this week so we can double the fun. At the same time Im not sure I want to waste time with 2 potiental 3 hour TWs, a girls got to get some sleep lol, but I think it will be worth it.

Until this weekend Triads!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    hmmm suspiciously defensive ...

seriously :^)
    as if the pheonix bleed skill isn't bugged enough >_<
    oh well maybe you're right

we broke in into PWI server changed some codes , morning b4 TW everyone had a patch (wich u didn't notice ) and that's how we put in invinvibility bug for pheonix >_<

again seriously :p it's funny how some ppl immediatly think everything is a bug that ppl r taking dissadvantige of .
  • LayOnIt - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009

b:sad to see so many BLIND ppl in TW these days.....

10%....b:laugh thats the best it went down by.................b:victory
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Run Disk Defragment before every TW.

I've done that ever since genies were out and still get a little lag but not as worse if i don't do it.

helps IMO - you should try it. b:bye
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I dont know why all the Triad clerics are talking so much =/ You guys were so easy to kill ( save for a few). 3 plume shots plox. Obviously the MVP's were the previously unknown triad venos that no one ever heard on the pk scene because we already know what the other pking venos can do and werent prepared for it. Your success in a defensive war would be greatly reduced in an attacking war where clerics are more heavily targeted like I was xD
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Indeed, Triad clerics were not impressive. They can't heal phoenixes and die in oh 3-4 shots. Most of Triad's successful defense can be credited to the venos, and also to the wizards who DB our catapults while our BMs were too busy bird-watching. I barely noticed any clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Run Disk Defragment before every TW.

I've done that ever since genies were out and still get a little lag but not as worse if i don't do it.

helps IMO - you should try it. b:bye

Spend 6 hours for every few hours of TW. Awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Twilae - Heavens Tear
    Twilae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I gotta say I was surprised when that battle ended; I know Triad's gotten stronger but I thought for sure Enrage was gonna take the win. The next battle between those two should be really interesting :) Grats on the win, Triad.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    seriously :^)
    as if the pheonix bleed skill isn't bugged enough >_<
    oh well maybe you're right

we broke in into PWI server changed some codes , morning b4 TW everyone had a patch (wich u didn't notice ) and that's how we put in invinvibility bug for pheonix >_<

again seriously :p it's funny how some ppl immediatly think everything is a bug that ppl r taking dissadvantige of .

hmmmm defensive sarcasm... suspicious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • LayOnIt - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I dont know why all the Triad clerics are talking so much =/ You guys were so easy to kill ( save for a few). 3 plume shots plox. Obviously the MVP's were the previously unknown triad venos that no one ever heard on the pk scene because we already know what the other pking venos can do and werent prepared for it. Your success in a defensive war would be greatly reduced in an attacking war where clerics are more heavily targeted like I was xD

Yes u did die alot....b:laugh

U guys really r into posting your egos arnt u... I dont mind dying it doesnt bother me...Im not a Vit Cleric....so i die alot...but i kill a lot toob:pleased
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes u did die alot....b:laugh

U guys really r into posting your egos arnt u... I dont mind dying it doesnt bother me...Im not a Vit Cleric....so i die alot...but i kill a lot toob:pleased

lolfacb:cute
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009

u just wait till i have my 90 gear b:pleased

80 gear => 90 gear , big difference b:laugh

and our clerics die alot?
    if u need 3 BM's to kill one cleric (if they don't crit)
    i dunno about that
  • whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this was a healthy topic, stop turning it into a pissing contest