Few tips on GMs

2»

Comments

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Trolling is hard work...

100% not easy, but it does have its perks..

Alright. So trolling isn't easy. But TRYING to... That is.
  • Dark_Tiger - Lost City
    Dark_Tiger - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i will be a GM
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I agree to wht have been posted. Some people just dont understand that the gm's hands are tied down.

But i like to add that GM's should help out the community a bit more by replying to some relevant threads.
    Like the one on unicorn forest. Everyone know it exist but people donot know anything about it. So when a question is raised, give a guide for the community about it, or maybe a sticky topic consolidating information about thigs like this.

Am not talking about banning ppl for misuse, or replyin to flaming noobs, or anything like that, but to general issues.

Gratz to them for quick fixes for things like the money making bug.

But i request the GM's to consolidate all the QQ's for the community and send it to the dev's. Maybe we can sign it to support u guys.
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinoku - Sanctuary
    Kinoku - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I highly doubt that. Since they are flooded with complaints, suggestions, bug reports, harassment issues, etc. I'm sure there is a lot of work to be done, and i do believe that they are hosting more than just pw now. Ethersaga, and I'm sure they're busy with Jade Dynasty since the cb is coming out soon. Frankly i would think a GM's job is very stressful, given the fact that it's has a lot to do with customer service. For some reason mmorpg get the rudest consumer base, especially when they invest money in the game. Also there are a lot of young ones who play, and have no social skills at all. They can't get their point across without insulting or ridiculing and their tempers fly when not responded too within seconds.

Anyway it's rude to say that a GM's job is easy if you know nothing about it.

I was a GM for RO when it was in it's prime and you hit the nail dead on the head. Our customers were by far the rudest people I've ever had to deal with. Most of our job was consolidating reports, suggestions, and issues. It was also the GM's responsiblity to handle updating the site. We had deadlines and goals for new event scenarios and such, just like any other job. Like the GM's there I'm sure the GMs here never actually meet any of their coworkers nor have to actually go to an office. One of the benefits of a distributed workforce and work from anywhere, home, starbucks, the park; only thing is we had to be logged in at certain parts of the day, which was the best part of it all I felt.

Also on a side note, great job Tear on bringing this point up. Lately it looks as though you're having a change of heart about some of your post, hopefully that can rub off on others also to make these forums not such a dreadfull place.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was a GM for RO
    which RO >_> i knew most of the GMs there at iro personally >_> specially heimdallr and hastur o_o. or were you one of the ones that doesnt show up on the forums often like yoshida/holden lol ?

on side note, good to see people agree. idk im like super anal about rule enforcement to the point i sound like a zealot ~_~. (no bringing up times ive broken them! ive been banned before so be quiet!)

and for the trolls, zephyr the sarcastic kind, zoe the dumb kind, me the angry kind... its hard work no matter what kinda troll you are! its like being an entertainer, you have to be there to keep the crowd goin man.
  • Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I always get a chuckle when someone is calling for GM's in world chat... especially when it is for KSing b:chuckle
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Like the GM's there I'm sure the GMs here never actually meet any of their coworkers nor have to actually go to an office. One of the benefits of a distributed workforce and work from anywhere, home, starbucks, the park; only thing is we had to be logged in at certain parts of the day, which was the best part of it all I felt.

They do have to be in office for work. Most of them don't even access to their work computer at home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    yes which makes me question that post even more, making me think it was an illegal private server. because gravity interactive has an office which the administration was supposed to work at, ive been to it in marina del rey in CA :P. there was an event that took place that made it impossible for admins to work at home, because one of them started giving favoritism to a certain group of players and made them in game gods with their GM account >_>. woo another reason to hate me former MMO!
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    why would people need to comment on a thread where the arguing and insights are done and over with months ago? if you just repeat something everyone else says, -that- is stupid, and any forum ive ever been to routinely deletes or archives dead threads to prevent more garbage from popping back up, like that 'think venomancers are over powered?' thread that went on for EIGHTY FIVE pages of spam and flaming all because some idiot bumped it.
    and no one said contacting GMs is bad.

they just make the marquee in game for a reason, im sure youve seen it:

"Have a problem? Submit a ticket, support.perfectworld.com" or whatever.

Others actually have facts to add, and further questions to ask. You are not "The Decider", and you don't get your way on these forums just because you say so. If you don't like people pinging threads after *you* are done with them, then only read your own messages.

What spews out of your mouth is the only thing you listen to anyway.

Get over yourself. Seriously, climb down off the cross.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited May 2009
    or people can actually follow the rules, when they have no need to bump a 3 month old thread just to say 'lol thats funny'

thats just plain ridiculous.

theres no 'egotism' or 'arrogance' in it what so ever, so your
    Get over yourself.
    is totally out of place.

if you like continuing threads like the one mentioned which get derailed for 85+ pages of arguing and spam be my guest, continue the idiocy that breeds imbecility, we can label you off with the rest of the sheep.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    or people can actually follow the rules, when they have no need to bump a 3 month old thread just to say 'lol thats funny'

thats just plain ridiculous.

theres no 'egotism' or 'arrogance' in it what so ever, so your

is totally out of place.

if you like continuing threads like the one mentioned which get derailed for 85+ pages of arguing and spam be my guest, continue the idiocy that breeds imbecility, we can label you off with the rest of the sheep.

Do you actually play this game?

(edited to remove commentary that this *** won't even absorb)

Here's hoping you have a great time on the server.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yes he plays this game.
    Look at his avatar, he's a level 86 venomancer.
    Are you blind?

Not to purposely be on Tear's side this time despite the fact he does flame a lot make reckless posts here and there, but this time, Redmenace, you definitely started the flame war.

Tone it down a little.
    Tears just trying to get some respect to our dear loving GMs.
    Does good for everyone, no harm done.
    edited May 2009
    Because through 85% of the messages I see from you on this forum, it's usually you proclaiming how horrible and pointless and sad our lives are compared to yours.
    Since this game sucks, and you know how much it sucks, and you're a killing machine on every game out there, could you please leave us and try a new one?

biggest flaws sticks out like sore thumb. they say most statistics are made up on the spot too.

its quite often the opposite. i have no life to live, nor do i go proclaiming mine is better than anyones, making **** up isnt very becoming to a tirade. lets see, the only 2 things i do are call out idiots on **** posts like people who dont understand flesh ream has issues and not a phoenix. and the other is harass those with egos the size of mount rushmore like zoe. caustic and sadistic behavior has nothing to do with 'bragging' or claiming im some god at this game compared to the rest of you.
    Do you actually play this game?

I mean, do you go on the server, and kill mobs, and do quests?

Do you speak with others, and occasionally help them?
    this had to have been the stupidest part of your claims, you wouldnt see all these pictures i post of my character doing **** on the forums, or my level slowly rising if i didnt.

so rather than letting this wonderful topic derail any further, its just simpler to put you on my ignore list :)
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This has gone on long enough and is just a flamewar now.

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.