dissapointed in PWI?

Comments

• Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    It's been stated before in other threads, but please allow me to reiterate here. The memory leak issue is being looked at seriously.

The development team is looking at the problem on their side, and we here at PWE will be upgrading our server side tech this Tuesday during regularly scheduled maintenance.

Now regarding Flesh Ream. I'm going to sound like a broken record but I assure you all that we have expressed the PWI player base's sentiments regarding this skill to the development team and will continue to push for this to get fixed.

thank you Xarfox glad to know some of this stuff is being worked on.
  • AngelFire - Heavens Tear
    AngelFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Xarfox,
    First off everyone who is upset with this game to some extent is correct, there needs to be made some serious effort to fix bugs within agame that have remained here since open beta began. We all know its a free to play game and for some it truly is a free to play game because of the way their characters can play but for others its an ever growing nightmare of a time money energy and frustration fest if this was a pay to play game these bugs would be fixed plain and simple, but all I see is almost every week you ask for more and more of our hard earned cash. some of us are in the upper remaining levels of this game with no way to make enough money or the time to waste grinding weeks for one level. In several more months you will be on the eve of your first year anniversary, in order for you to keep the player base you need to fix the problems stop adding untested content (seriously you people need a test server) and give something majorly back to those of us that stuck this out for a year most of us are still waiting for some sort of gratitude given for testing this game in closed beta. This game has the potential to be one of the best free to play online games for years to come but profit seems to be driving everything these days, and frankly I'm tired of it how about some free events no need to pay anything other free games do this why not you. and for the higher levels give us some more quests good god people 2-3 quests worth 40-50k when we need to grind millions and spend hundreds of thousands on crazy stone . I just want to say I love this game you might say I'm even addicted to it lol but things have got to change for the good of the entire perfect world family,unless in your in the top tier factions you get virtually no help drops in grind runs are non existent my repairs always are higher than the money made prices for some things are astronomical and there is no real money in crafting like there are in other games either so for the sake of continuing to be here after one year change things for the better and do it soon. p.s. we should get bonus zen every purchase not just special events sorry for the long rant but I finally had to stand up and say something Angelfire level 82 Blademaster proud director of SyckSquad
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I must be in the minority then. I have a Phoenix, which I haven't taught flesh ream yet and from everything I can tell, it is by far the single strongest pet in the game, has 2nd highest hp (second only to herc), tied for highest P. Def, (with herc), leaps and bounds highest M. Def, highest accuracy, highest evasion by a lot, fastest movement, ONLY pet that has an attack speed of 1/sec, P. Atk stat beyond all other pets (meaning even if it was as slow as the Magmite/Scorpion it would still do more.) Comes with 3 very rare highly valued skills that normally come from Dragon Temple event only. Not to mention the fact that its flying which is where the best DQ drops/xp per mob come from.

So help me see how "nix's wouldnt even be that great of a pet without the bugged bleed"
  • whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if a barb in npc can tank your nix... then reroll to another class literature...
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    whoisthis wrote: »
    if a barb in npc can tank your nix... then reroll to another class literature...

Uhhh...yeah maybe I should roll a barb. Is that what you mean? O_o
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Athlon X2 4200+ (2.2GHz), 2Gb ram, 8600GT, windows 7 rc. On medium settings west archo gives me about 10 fps - not slower than some overcrowded locations in l2 or rf online. When i press ctrl+f9, it's >50fps. If you really lag that much, something must be wrong with your computer or OS.

sorry to say Rinnve isnt my computer..
    Before the patch of Genie I can run thru west arch with med setting over
    a very crowd place and i was totally fine.
    Not perfect but good enough that my character dont stop running when im running foward.
    after genie patch everything went to hell..
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    no.. just roll another class, if people can tank your nix now... just wait till you hit 90+'s when everyones got over 7k hp and barbs have 15k+ in human form
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if this was a pay to play game these bugs would be fixed plain and simple
    hugest flaw in your huge rant angel. theres not enough time, money, and man power alot of times to fix this kind of stuff AsAP in free games, give the team a break.
    I must be in the minority then. I have a Phoenix, which I haven't taught flesh ream yet and from everything I can tell, it is by far the single strongest pet in the game, has 2nd highest hp (second only to herc), tied for highest P. Def, (with herc), leaps and bounds highest M. Def, highest accuracy, highest evasion by a lot, fastest movement, ONLY pet that has an attack speed of 1/sec, P. Atk stat beyond all other pets (meaning even if it was as slow as the Magmite/Scorpion it would still do more.) Comes with 3 very rare highly valued skills that normally come from Dragon Temple event only. Not to mention the fact that its flying which is where the best DQ drops/xp per mob come from.
    its mdef, and pdef dont even come close to herc, nor will its HP:|. learn what herc does please, so many people forget that he has the 150% increasing skills, and this misleading information causes retardation among arguments
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no.. just roll another class, if people can tank your nix now... just wait till you hit 90+'s when everyones got over 7k hp and barbs have 15k+ in human form

You still don't make sense.
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    you said barbs in npc gear can tank your nix right. im implying that that is somewhat fail, and you should re-roll becuase of that fail.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    It's been stated before in other threads, but please allow me to reiterate here. The memory leak issue is being looked at seriously.

The development team is looking at the problem on their side, and we here at PWE will be upgrading our server side tech this Tuesday during regularly scheduled maintenance.

Now regarding Flesh Ream. I'm going to sound like a broken record but I assure you all that we have expressed the PWI player base's sentiments regarding this skill to the development team and will continue to push for this to get fixed.

Could you address my comment on events? I think perfectworld has a planned out timeline to release events/items on certain dates instead of when they are ready as to benefit the most financially. Well, many people are reaching the point where you don't level and instead spend the majority of game play on farming gear. This is also the point where people pay big money to refine their endgame gear. The point I raise is that people who aren't able to just freely throw hundreds if not thousands of dollars into a game will probably weigh their options depending on how much longer they plan on playing this game. Currently with a huge lack of weekly in-game events I don't see much to do on this game besides farming hh. Once that is done there leaves very little to do so it's in my best interest to not spend money on end game gear.

There are so many events that I consider a major part of this game that are currently being neglected. The wushu tournament for example, this was accidentally included with a patch months ago and I participated in it the single time it was available. There were no bugs and it clearly worked, no one else knew about it but the guild I was in. Why was it removed next week? Are we not far enough down the timeline for it to be implemented? What about city of abominations? The level requirement for that event is 80+. Where is it? I know that profit is the priority here and focusing on releasing cash shop items each week provides instant, measurable revenue but look at the big picture. With stuff to actually do this game can continue to provide entertainment, which it is starting to lack, and in turn people will continue to buy the weekly cash shop additions.

What about reputation farming? We are basically being denied access to the unanimous 'end game' weapon you get at rank 8. Warsoul doesn't count because we can't even obtain all the fragments yet and even if we could this weapon is more for people to dream over. The Philippines version has the achievement quest implemented as with almost every other version besides the Malaysian one. For the almost 10 month duration of this game nothing has been brought up about a vital aspect of this game. The former method to farm rep was to hunt signets. I guess this wasn't expensive enough so a new method was brainstormed by the devs to provide the most charm intensive quest to farm rep. Can we have it please? There shouldn't be a gap between the signets and achievement quest. It's illogical to remove one thing and create another to replace it but not implement it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You complain about having nothing to do, I just say its your own darn fault for leveling too fast.

I'm 91 and not bored in the least bit of this game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You complain about having nothing to do, I just say its your own darn fault for leveling too fast.

I'm 91 and not bored in the least bit of this game.

People get entertainment from this game differently. You on one hand will kill mobs even when you reach 105. Where as I, and the majority, will actually want main aspects of the game implemented instead of a new 50$ mount or sale each week.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Yes I will still kill things at level 105, thats because I know by time I reach 105 the level cap will have gone up and there will be more leveling to do.

Funny how people come to play mmos, which are often based on grinding, just to say they don't like to grind. Then I must ask, why are you even here?
    Main characters
    edited May 2009
    lol, watch the response be:
    "because of my friends" or "i liek 2 do stuff other dan lvl u no!"
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    because of my friends and i liek 2 do stuff other dan lvl u no!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    lol, watch the response be:
    "because of my friends" or "i liek 2 do stuff other dan lvl u no!"

You are right! Except for the condescending dialect. I can actually provide arguments and form them in a presentable way unlike most people. Zoe, I don't want to take this out of context so let me get this straight. The reason why the events aren't implemented yet is because I level too fast? Or in other words it is my own fault for being bored because I level at a competitive pace with the people I play with? That doesn't apply at all to events. It wouldn't make a difference if I was 4x. The fact remains that we are being restricted of several events with no recognition or projected implementation. That's why I asked xarfox to address my comment.

Let me narrow it down. Xarfox, will we be seeing already functional, important aspects of this game implemented in the 'near future' that should have been implemented long ago? Or are cash shop goodies going to forever take priority in the weekly patches?

I don't mind grinding, unless it's pointless and at the moment with not much content provided that's what it is.
    edited May 2009
    i cant say i can see what thats like, i intentionally have no friends. what keeps me playing is how long i can draw attention from a crowd, which i seem to do quite well, i like attention, positive or negative, it lol kinda validates this worthless meaningless existence i live in. all i care for is if more people keep coming to the game so i can A. be helpful, or B. drive them insane. because thats what makes me happy :P
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    What I meant is leveling too fast is what makes players bored. They run out of things to do faster. If you level slower, by time you hit the high level, a lot more things will have been added by then, and you would have more to do.
    Main characters
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    its mdef, and pdef dont even come close to herc, nor will its HP:|. learn what herc does please, so many people forget that he has the 150% increasing skills, and this misleading information causes retardation among arguments

Just out of curiosity, what exactly in the information I posted was misleading? It is tied for top pdef with herc, it does have the highest mdef, and as I said it has less hp than herc. Now with that said, the herc does have skills that give it a boost, however the phoenix can also learn those skills. However if you want to include starting skills in what the pet is, than it has 2nd highest pdef, 2nd highest mdef and highest hp (yes, with blessing of the pack Phoenix hp > Herc hp).

But my point wasn't "phoenix is better than every pet at every role EVER", it was IMO its the strongest pet in the game, which looking at stats is true (the one thing you can't change). not only that IMO I would say the difference between Phoenix and the next best option (sawfly/foxwing) is much larger than the gap between Herc and the next best option (Magmite,Shadou cub). However no one has shown why "nix's wouldn't even be that great of a pet without the bugged bleed".
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    when people say they wont be that great of pet without bugged bleed, they talk about pvp.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    when people say they wont be that great of pet without bugged bleed, they talk about pvp.

Actually in pvp its not that great of a pet. However, that's how its supposed to be. The pet just supports the veno, its not the killer. A venos power comes from the pet and veno attacking as one.
    Main characters
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

Well, that makes more sense. And I admit I am not that familiar with PvP, but it would seem that even without bleed the fact that it does 2-3x the damage (depending on skills of each, the affects of accuracy etc.) of the next best pet for the air (petite sawfly) and is a lot tougher would make it a pretty awesome pet for PvP.

However as I said, I am not very familiar with PvP so I may be missing something very important.
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    Actually in pvp its not that great of a pet. However, that's how its supposed to be. The pet just supports the veno, its not the killer. A venos power comes from the pet and veno attacking as one.

rofl zoe... stop talking out your ****, we both know the nix is venos strongest pet, please, if its not , which better is better at eating through all 3 classes of armour? if you think 1.2k-1.5k bleed a tick isnt good, then i dont want to know what you think good is. i have only seen one veno that can kill me without pet. she is a crit/LA build veno.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hugest flaw in your huge rant angel. theres not enough time, money, and man power alot of times to fix this kind of stuff AsAP in free games, give the team a break.

Maybe time and man power, but as fas as money goes, I believe Perfect world is doing better than most p2p mmo's out there. Ive read several articles about how succesful the game has been and I presume by "success" they are talking net profit.

Judging by the amounts I hear some people have spent at the cash shop, I have no trouble in believing this.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    rofl zoe... stop talking out your ****, we both know the nix is venos strongest pet, please, if its not , which better is better at eating through all 3 classes of armour? if you think 1.2k-1.5k bleed a tick isnt good, then i dont want to know what you think good is. i have only seen one veno that can kill me without pet. she is a crit/LA build veno.

If you would learn to read, you would see what I was quoting.
    Main characters
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    you said its not that great a pet, which means there are better pets,unless you think all pets available to the veno suck.

and lol at your signature, youve obviously never played a hardcore PvP game. its not how you win, if you are alive and your oppenent is dead, you win. if you call in a friend to ninja someone while you distract him, you win, it may have been a sneaky, unfair thing to do, but youve still WON.
    edited May 2009
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly in the information I posted was misleading? It is tied for top pdef with herc, it does have the highest mdef, and as I said it has less hp than herc. Now with that said, the herc does have skills that give it a boost, however the phoenix can also learn those skills. However if you want to include starting skills in what the pet is, than it has 2nd highest pdef, 2nd highest mdef and highest hp (yes, with blessing of the pack Phoenix hp > Herc hp).

But my point wasn't "phoenix is better than every pet at every role EVER", it was IMO its the strongest pet in the game, which looking at stats is true (the one thing you can't change). not only that IMO I would say the difference between Phoenix and the next best option (sawfly/foxwing) is much larger than the gap between Herc and the next best option (Magmite,Shadou cub). However no one has shown why "nix's wouldn't even be that great of a pet without the bugged bleed".
    tied for highest P. Def, (with herc), leaps and bounds highest M. Def,
    ^ this part is misleading.
    herc's pdef =22k, and mdef=17k when you factor in tank buffs at 90
    people dont know what hercs skills do alot of the time, and are completely unaware of factoring this in. herc has way higher hp, def, and mdef making him ultimate -defensive- pet while phoenix has more patk, accuracy, and atk speed making him ultimate -offensive- pet
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    you said its not that great a pet, which means there are better pets,unless you think all pets available to the veno suck.

and lol at your signature, youve obviously never played a hardcore PvP game. its not how you win, if you are alive and your oppenent is dead, you win. if you call in a friend to ninja someone while you distract him, you win, it may have been a sneaky, unfair thing to do, but youve still WON.

No, you did not win. The only players who win are the ones that take fights head on without anything like that. All I can do is laugh at all the losers that suck so bad at pvp they need to resort to things like you said just to do anything.
    Main characters
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    ehh.. nvm i was gonna counter your previous statement zoe but then it dawned on me that it wont change ur thickness and stupidity, because you are obviously faking it