dissapointed in PWI?

Torm - Heavens Tear
Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ive been playing this game is open beta and while not the best game ever- im still here .. for now.

FEw things though that really starting to make me rethink my decsion to keep playing.

First to beat a dead horse- veno are awesome class cheap to play, easy to make money CS pet that is outstanding ( yeah im jealous) but what kills me is fleash ream - the ONLY skill there is that isnt nerfed damage in PVP. I just dont get it. Why dont GM's fix it. Why dont GM's even respond to the questions asked about it ? ( some people might say genies are the answer and I say BS. make the archer, Bm, and barbs bleed unnerfed damage too and then ill except genies as an answer.

Bugs- First new content I like it as much as the next person but man get your stuff together before releasing stuff. genies are a great addition to the game- but the horrible way the skills work is unbelievable imo
next we have end game content and Ill put the with bugs.
Whats up with the event on Monday's City of abominations why isnt it open yet. The bug with rebirth order. Arena tornaments where is all this stuff. end game content is either bigged or not implemented shouldnt thins be a prority?

last but not least lagggg - PW was never bad for me till the last few patches. I mean the lag has gotten horible and the " memory leak " or whatever the problem is seems to have escaped attention too. A gm could always just say " hey we know there is a problem and we are working on it " Im more than happy to give them some time to fix it some things take time. But to be just ignored really ticks me off. I mean today in TW the lag was so bad it wasnt even much fun. That one of the only reasons I play this game. COuld someone from the staff please do some answering. Im pretty sure Im not the only person that is getting fed up with this stuff.

sry for bad english I just dont care and tired atm
Post edited by Torm - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    torm... your intelligent enough to realize why they dont fix bleed. half of their revenue will be lost and people will be asking for a refund, they are too scared to fix it (PW china) unfortanetly PWI cannot make any changes unless released by pw china.

as for bugs and lags, i agree with you there
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Regarding the memory leak:
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

We're aware of the issue being described in this thread and have alerted the development team to the issue.

We hope to have a fix as soon as possible.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285151&highlight=memory&page=4

Fourth page, second post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well, as for how the geenie skill works, they can be used at the same time as your own skill and that could make you dish out way too much dmg both the stamina and energy can help stop that from being overpowering.

for example lvl 4 thunderstorm can do good dmg mine is doing about 4702 on average now and if i could plus that on my own skills over and over it would end up going to around 8k dmg each time i crit, and i crit often, and thats only at that skill level it gets higher and so do my other attacks, same can be said for others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Give them 6 month to a year to fix sOmE of these serious issues..

Intel 3g
    2gb ram
    8800gts

I cant even run thru west arch on the lowest setting without lagging so much
    that the game almost froze..
    And this is on a fresh installation of OS and PW.
    I dont even have any Apps on my computer atm..

IF you send them a ticket all you get back is we know..we know
    and next week more CS items..thats the FIX

I even lost interest in complaining anymore cause they just going delete the thread.
    cause they have delete some of mine already.

So What's the point!!!!
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Athlon X2 4200+ (2.2GHz), 2Gb ram, 8600GT, windows 7 rc. On medium settings west archo gives me about 10 fps - not slower than some overcrowded locations in l2 or rf online. When i press ctrl+f9, it's >50fps. If you really lag that much, something must be wrong with your computer or OS.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    rofl bleed is never gonna be fixed. It's probably functioning how they intended.

I heard they changed it in the chinese version then changed it back a few weeks later.

Money talks. b:laugh
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    rumors are never true for the most part
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wonder, how many people have quit because of this bug?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited May 2009
    So wtf do you think it is? Why wouldn't bleed be fixed by now if it was really a bug and not intended? The devs are soooo stumped by how to fix it? All you would have to do is apply the damage reduction formula to the DoT on the skill. How would that be hard? b:angry
    edited May 2009
    very hard, coding isnt as simple as learning to tie your shoes, sometimes 'the obvious' method isnt the 'right' method
  • Alaprozam - Dreamweaver
    Alaprozam - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First of all it is a free game. If something like the flesh ream bug bugs you that much either play another free game, or dont PvP. I chose the latter.

I dont think it has been fixed because like stated many times before they get updates from PW China. That version has been out much longer and maybe a future update will come out that evens it out a bit. Are venos with a nix that uber? No. And for that matter couldnt any veno get flesh ream on any pet and why wouldnt it be as uber as on the nix?
  • Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear
    Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    While I do agree with a lot of what the OP said, it isn't enough to make me quit.

But then, I haven't had the memory leak. And I only really lag in west arch (dosen't everyone?^^). Sometimes it's like looking at a still picture w/ sound effects for 3-5 seconds, but nothing's attacking me.

Seeing as how the game is free, and I got some nice stuff from the cash shop... I'll be sticking around for a while. It still beats GW (my other MMO) in 9 out of 10 catagories, IMO.
    edited May 2009
    ive been goofing around on other MMos the past few days, theres only one feature bout them i liked.

a free global chat.
    and how it kills your character if you spam it by slowly draining HP, and dead characters cant use it

thatd be nice here.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm upset about the end game content too. There is absolutely nothing for people to do on this server besides 3-2 and 3-3 once they stop leveling. Even my-en has more events than pwi.

We are missing:

-The new netherbeast event on wednesdays
    -The arena event on saturdays
    -The pk event on thursdays
    -Jungle ruins
    -Any plausible way to farm rep
    -Daily attendance quest
    -Daily couples quest
    -More that I forgot

... all we have is dragon palace.
    edited May 2009
    i dont think we can expect to ever see alot of the stuff you listed. my-en isnt ran by china, its independantly franchised :P
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    very hard, coding isnt as simple as learning to tie your shoes, sometimes 'the obvious' method isnt the 'right' method

People familiar with software development would probably disagree with you here. If they are able to write, maintain and develop this game by adding new content .. they sure as hell can fix this little 'bug'.

It's not as hard as you make it seem, at least not to them, or anyone with a decent amount of coding knowledge.
    edited May 2009
    actually, its not as simple as writing and maintaining it if you have no idea what causes the bug. ive seen numerous instances wherre a skill was not working as intended, and for over a year and a half, with numerous tests, skill rewrites, among other things, they still have no idea why PVP maps f's up the skill on my former MMO. a simple typo among millions of lines could take ages to find... you dont even know what kind of coding this game uses let alone how simple or complex it is.

if you go on iRO forums and mention 'the warp bug' itll be more flaming and whining than a phoenix FR thread in half the time :P.
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    actually, its not as simple as writing and maintaining it if you have no idea what causes the bug. ive seen numerous instances wherre a skill was not working as intended, and for over a year and a half, with numerous tests, skill rewrites, among other things, they still have no idea why PVP maps f's up the skill on my former MMO. a simple typo among millions of lines could take ages to find... you dont even know what kind of coding this game uses let alone how simple or complex it is.

if you go on iRO forums and mention 'the warp bug' itll be more flaming and whining than a phoenix FR thread in half the time :P.

You have no idea what I know. b:shutup
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    So wtf do you think it is? Why wouldn't bleed be fixed by now if it was really a bug and not intended? The devs are soooo stumped by how to fix it? All you would have to do is apply the damage reduction formula to the DoT on the skill. How would that be hard? b:angry

2 words: Money, greed

do you know how much money they would lose if pheonix was fixed? allot, alot, and they would lose sooo many players, in every version (each version gets their updates from PW china, they arent allowed to make their own changes to the game)
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    ive been goofing around on other MMos the past few days, theres only one feature bout them i liked.

a free global chat.
    and how it kills your character if you spam it by slowly draining HP, and dead characters cant use it

thatd be nice here.

you been playing (removed)
  • Kyalur - Sanctuary
    Kyalur - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi there...First off, you need more RAM than 2GB. If your running crappy Vista, it takes almost 2GB just to run your OS...so that leaves you nothing for any apps. Get more RAM=no lag. I have 4GB, which isn't even a lot these days, but WinXP which isn't a memory hog. And I have no lag, ever. RAM is super cheap these days, go to Newegg, buy a stick, get at least 2gb's more, for under 60, easily. You spend more in cash shop. The lag is not on there end, sorry, but it's on yours. Upgrade your pc. People never seem to understand that. You cant have Porsche preformance if your driving a Hyundai. Also might need a better processor. I have a quad core, most people need at the least a dual core these days. Graphics are getting way more advanced, you have to keep your pc up w/ the times. Sorry, thats just the way it is. If you don't know how to tweak your pc, hire any teenager for less than 50 to do it for you. Trust me, they know how. I'm not even close to being a teenager, but kids these days grew up w/ pc's...so they learned. I build and work on pc's for a living, so not just throwing random useless **** out there. I know that of which I speak. Trust me, you will be soo happy to have no lag, and its super cheap to get. Happy tweaking!!
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi there...First off, you need more RAM than 2GB. If your running crappy Vista, it takes almost 2GB just to run your OS

hi there thats totally bs =)

my comp is using 2GB ram atm and i have pw, media player etc on ^^
    and i have crappy vista
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's been stated before in other threads, but please allow me to reiterate here. The memory leak issue is being looked at seriously.

The development team is looking at the problem on their side, and we here at PWE will be upgrading our server side tech this Tuesday during regularly scheduled maintenance.

Now regarding Flesh Ream. I'm going to sound like a broken record but I assure you all that we have expressed the PWI player base's sentiments regarding this skill to the development team and will continue to push for this to get fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wel , i totally agree with the topic starter >_>

as i just c GM posted b4 me

ty for an actual answer ^^
    & i hope bugs get fixed quick :/
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2009

If they can make genies and NEW skills than i am sure they can fix it.
    I personnaly think it's suspicious that they never say anything thing about it

***EDIT*** nevermind that last post >.> just saw xarfox's response lol
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What I never understood in discussions about Flesh Ream is talking about they won't fix it because of greed. It costs what? 300k for the base skill and 200k for each upgrade? About the same price as all of the pet skills.
  • whoisthis
    edited May 2009
    greed as in, people get the phoenix because of the flesh ream bug, nix's wouldnt even be that great of a pet without the bugged bleed
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi there...First off, you need more RAM than 2GB. If your running crappy Vista, it takes almost 2GB just to run your OS...so that leaves you nothing for any apps. Get more RAM=no lag. I have 4GB, which isn't even a lot these days, but WinXP which isn't a memory hog. And I have no lag, ever. RAM is super cheap these days, go to Newegg, buy a stick, get at least 2gb's more, for under 60, easily. You spend more in cash shop. The lag is not on there end, sorry, but it's on yours. Upgrade your pc. People never seem to understand that. You cant have Porsche preformance if your driving a Hyundai. Also might need a better processor. I have a quad core, most people need at the least a dual core these days. Graphics are getting way more advanced, you have to keep your pc up w/ the times. Sorry, thats just the way it is. If you don't know how to tweak your pc, hire any teenager for less than 50 to do it for you. Trust me, they know how. I'm not even close to being a teenager, but kids these days grew up w/ pc's...so they learned. I build and work on pc's for a living, so not just throwing random useless **** out there. I know that of which I speak. Trust me, you will be soo happy to have no lag, and its super cheap to get. Happy tweaking!!

rofl i run a 8600 3.33 processor
    dual 980ogt graphics cards
    and 4 gb of ram

im so sure its my comp
    edited May 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Now regarding Flesh Ream. I'm going to sound like a broken record but I assure you all that we have expressed the PWI player base's sentiments regarding this skill to the development team and will continue to push for this to get fixed.

Man don't do anything to flesh ream. Nix would not be worth the money if you did. Even now, I think it could stand for some beefs because since getting my nix, I see it's not the WTFpwn people make it out to be. Mine is lv 80 with lv 5 FR and yeah it kills archers/robes pretty fast. But barbs in npc gear can tank it...so tell me what's really op.
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It still amazes me how MMORPGs manage to get away with releasing software and features with so many bugs in them. If CS:S had bugs which randomly booted people off servers when they died, or released new weapons with completely wrong discriptions, or every so often broke de_dust for no obvious reason, and then had to wait a week for fixes, if they got fixed at all, the game would die. Not that valve would ever allow itself to reach that point, maps, skins etc are thourghally play tested before release.

How about UT3? A significantly better looking game, with much less graphical lag than W Archo on my PC. They recently released a 900+MB content pack, and it wasnt infested with bugs that caused new features to not work at all, or not work as advertised.

Supreme commander had bugs and as soon as they were found and reported on the forums as exploits, they were patched. I only ever got to try out one bug, all others got fixed before I had a chance. Not that they were obvious to do, you had to follow precise steps. Basically they werent out in the open breaking gameplay in the same way they are in PWI.

If WoW had the kind of bugs PWI has, people would not be paying for the game.

This is totally unacceptable. Clearly the developers do not care, and neither do I. PWI isnt getting 1 cent from me without earning it. I wouldnt pay for this kind of service from any other game, and Im not paying for it here.