Atmos Strike!! Why? Why? Why?

2»

Comments

• severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Spears have an AoE knock back skill that comes in handy at GV.

Atom strike, comes in very handy in Frost land squad mode, where there's a mob that debuffs and amplifies you and deals massive melee damage. Its not easy to kill it. But With Tiger leaps, Spirit chaser, Farstrike, Atom strike, Meteor rush and drakes ray combo you can kill it w/o taking a single hit on yourself.

the above can be done using Drake Bash and Lion roar chain stun combo with an axe lmao but doing it with a sword/spear just makes it look cool.

In PVPVE, you can knock back melee mobs near a wizard/cleric/archer who are trying to kill it and then charge the player and gain a pvp advantage.

Here is a nice combo for you to play with any regular mob.
    (double spark) Aeolian blade ==> Ocean's edge ==> Atom strike ==> Spirit chaser ==> Drake's ray.

p.s. don't roll LA if you are a sword warrior.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • centaurius
    centaurius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If there are 2 or more blademasters together you wouldn't be knocking back you'd be knocking enemy into another player on your team.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    centaurius wrote: »
    If there are 2 or more blademasters together you wouldn't be knocking back you'd be knocking enemy into another player on your team.

True, but they would not have aggro if you did it right. BM1 does a knockback towards BM2 who hits the mob with a normal attack. Since the damage of Atmos is higher, mob runs towards BM1. BM2 hits with a Spirit Chaser and wins aggro. Mob turns around to run back at him. BM2 hits with AS knocking the mob back towards BM1 who repeates the hit, wait, SC, wait, AS cycle.

It does seem like you could Yo-yo a mob pretty effectively.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    For the life of me, I can not understand the logic behind Atmos strike. Why does it have a knockback? Why is the knockback so much that it puts the mob out of range for another skill like Spirit chaser. And why would someone who is primarily Sword have much of a use for this?

A BM's strength is its Pdef. Why send a mob into Magic attack range? Seems to me that this skill would be better suited with a bleed or a fanned AOE.

I know that Pole has a knockback too (Meteor Rush) and that skill too, is a little bit questionable, but, at least in the pole tree, your given more of a ranged attack set.

Just looking for banter, wondering what other Bm's thought of these skills and how they find them useful.

Knocback has several uses, take the mob away from you or other players.

For me the main use is to apply slowdown skill, plus a bleed skill then range attacks, either by bow or range skills.

Saying that I suspect the skill is bugged. Why? I have seen a pole user friend using the poleblade skill to knockback mobs on FB's. The knocback from Atmos fails me when I use it inside an FB (at least I can recall on FB51 and FB69).

Please, correct me if I;m wrong or if there is any rule on this.

I do know it does not work on PVP.
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Saying that I suspect the skill is bugged. Why? I have seen a pole user friend using the poleblade skill to knockback mobs on FB's. The knocback from Atmos fails me when I use it inside an FB (at least I can recall on FB51 and FB69).

Please, correct me if I;m wrong or if there is any rule on this.

I do know it does not work on PVP.

I believe some, but not all, monsters have knockback immunity. You can find monsters with knockback immunity in FB dungeons, but not all monsters in FB dungeons have this immunity. (But, of course, all players have knockback immunity.)
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I believe some, but not all, monsters have knockback immunity. You can find monsters with knockback immunity in FB dungeons, but not all monsters in FB dungeons have this immunity. (But, of course, all players have knockback immunity.)

The issue is that my friend knocksback the same mob with the poleblade skill and I cant do it with atmos. I know the skill landed, its just the knockback did not happen.b:shocked
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The issue is that my friend knocksback the same mob with the poleblade skill and I cant do it with atmos. I know the skill landed, its just the knockback did not happen.b:shocked

Oh! Now I understand!!

b:pleased

Do you remember which monsters your friend was knocking back?
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The FB inhabitants do not seem to have an immunity, but they do have resistance that is related to level. You can see this two ways. First, sometimes the hit lands and the effect does not happen. It is not supposed to be a percent chance effect, so this is either a graphics/lag issue (unlikely given the channel delay essentially clears out lagged normal hits) or a resistance. The other way to see this is to note that lower FB bosses will start to get knocked back as you level.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    The FB inhabitants do not seem to have an immunity, but they do have resistance that is related to level. You can see this two ways. First, sometimes the hit lands and the effect does not happen. It is not supposed to be a percent chance effect, so this is either a graphics/lag issue (unlikely given the channel delay essentially clears out lagged normal hits) or a resistance. The other way to see this is to note that lower FB bosses will start to get knocked back as you level.

it has to be something like this. I was in FB51 today and it worked only once b:angry.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I probably have disregarded all rules because last time on 20/20/20 I used lot of Atmos to blow these dam Sori's right into the squishies :) Ok not to panic 2 of them were Venos so their pets took over the tanking in rear.

But yes you have cave full of gank loving mobs and after first hit the Sori starts running toward the center of the cave into the gang. You follow you die, You stay you die slowly. So what was left to do?
    Run up to him, stun him good and (taking out the longest golf club) stand between him and other mobs hit him away from cave center and... right into the squishies. Only way for him to run after this is away from other mobs towards and through the squishies, through heavy gauntlet of every kind of fire, slashes and bites imaginable. Poor thing. Next please!
  • Bitisu - Lost City
    Bitisu - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i use it like this
    *i play private server and im a maxed out bm*
    if im fighting something that doesnt have a magic attack but i dont feel like getting hurt or i wanna switch weps for combos or what not
    ill start with sword then slow, stun then knock back then switch to pole and use long range attk then switch to sword and use range attk because they will be close by then, then use dragon emerge or what ever this server calls it, then lions roar is cooled down and i do it again and again and this stratigy= minimum damage for tough mobs only good for single mobs or hard hitting ones and its not that effective
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Looking @ your server... who knows
    Atmos strike is what alot of sword BMs use in PvP as an opening move, and if it crits, they die(archers, robes.)
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Dishy,
    The point of the topic is how the knockback portion of the skill comes into use. Nobody is questioning the damage output of the skill.

knockback is useless in PvP
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear