Caption Contest #2: Vote for the winning screenshot (ends May 25)!

Options

Comments

• Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Dont you realize you just defeated your own arguement.

If you have been the ONLY one in west arch for 15 min because maint ended early, doesnt it seem even more unrealistic that they would get THAT MANY people all that just happen to have reindeer and all to cordinate, pose, and take SS before anyone else even started to show up.

Not really likely...

well they could have planned ahead and had everyone already in the pose and simply log in and click on the mount, though im pretty sure they where not alone due to the person running through the picture unless she was supposed to be there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well they could have planned ahead and had everyone already in the pose and simply log in and click on the mount, though im pretty sure they where not alone due to the person running through the picture unless she was supposed to be there

I dont give a **** if its a private server or not, its just a screenshot. However I think you are just grasping at straws now though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • baiyun123
    baiyun123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is GM even gonna check to see if the votes are fair or not. Or is this just an alt making war?
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    C is just the cute ><
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Nazuada - Dreamweaver
    Nazuada - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I vote C no doubt
  • Darksnow - Harshlands
    Darksnow - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    these where really great but id have to go with image ab:laugh
  • xmikox
    xmikox Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i guess A, the others seem too boring to me.
  • missyv
    missyv Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    voting for pix 1 ...(it was first TW conq hade) im the 3rd girl...!! that is funny!!
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the first pic is soo lame. the place is sooo wrong : why tusk? taht is like the most disquisting place in PWI i can make beter pics with my butt
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    baiyun123 wrote: »
    Is GM even gonna check to see if the votes are fair or not. Or is this just an alt making war?

lol ^^ yea
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Event=Fail (once agin.... I bet the winning caption for phase 2 will also be a fail.....)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dont give a **** if its a private server or not, its just a screenshot. However I think you are just grasping at straws now though.

1. no straws in sight

2. i said private server?

3. i was making a simple statement

4. cool down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1. no straws in sight

2. i said private server?

3. i was making a simple statement

4. cool down

Why are you telling me to cool down? I'm not the one who had issues with the comment lol. Remember you quoted me first.

Did I say you said it was a private server? No.. i said I didnt care if it was from a private server. You were making a simple statement, well so was I :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Why are you telling me to cool down? I'm not the one who had issues with the comment lol. Remember you quoted me first.

Did I say you said it was a private server? No.. i said I didnt care if it was from a private server. You were making a simple statement, well so was I :)

oh lol, no I didnt mean my first reply to be offensive I was just giving an idea, I honestly dont care who wins this. i lost :( lol well idk im just talking to talk now.

Anyhow cat all is resolved, i really didnt have an issue with your comment i just had a random thought lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We all know E sucks >.> are we really gonna allow alts to vote?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showharu - Lost City
    Showharu - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol I remember this pic. b:chuckle This was when Haiz was actually preddy.

b:pleased A ftw cause I'm in it b:shutup
    I don't care.
    Keeps me happy, everyone should do it.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't forget guys while you can use alts to vote with the GM's know every account which belongs to the same person as your IP gets logged. Especially in the last couple days I saw the GM's ban multiple accounts belonging to the same person. They will check for this vote as well and make it as fair as possible on everyone. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zori - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Glad for your gratitude, but can we get an official word from the GMs about what you said. You're only a mod after all, and a forum mod of everything. >_> No offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    E is stupid.... its not even a group pic.... more like a pair pic....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JedesJahr - Sanctuary
    JedesJahr - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thats a good point xD if i wa with a group irl it wouldnt be E (cause i have more friends than that lol) it would be more like A or C, cause -face it xD if you take a "group photo" it IS gonna be posed :3 C/A ftw ^-^

I really hope E doesn't win for "Group Photo" o.o A A A A A!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:bye hello
  • Zeklor - Sanctuary
    Zeklor - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Option E with the decapitated girlfriend 8) FTW
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well if E wins, I cry foul. Not that it really does much good around here. But considering I only even seen 2 people in this post say they were voting for E, seems kinda fishy to me that suddenly they keep jumping up in numbers.

And no its not even really that good of a screenshot.

So are the GMs looking at these mysterious votes now or when the contest is over?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Zori - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    E jumps in waves of numbers >_> which makes it so much more obvious someone is up to no good. Not like it steadily grows like the other votes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We all know who the obvious winner is... A! Immortal guild stop your dirty tricks b:angry
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

E isn't even a GROUP picture (2 people?), it looks like it's photoshopped, and obviously something is wrong as it goes up 50 at a time suddenly..
  • JedesJahr - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the last dozen comments are correct, could a MOD/GM look into this?

it's not exactly a group photo, and how BOTH A and E jumped up so high - someone is up to no good

but as you said before, are you going to count voted per IP? or what the poll is telling us o.o could u give us an indication who is in the lead and clear this up for us?

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JedesJahr - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    look... the poll vote bars are in the shape of an 'E', perhaps its a sign b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Josh - Lost City
    Josh - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Okay, I think E is really cheating, because he manages to jump in 40-100 points every hour sounds like someone is mass making accounts like in closed beta where they did it and GMs actually did something. The GMs banned all accounts created by that IP address to be fair because people were mass making accounts for that free 5 zen during closed. I think its time a GM checks records and IP bans those mass account makers. I propose a disqualification too... cause that's just exploiting the system and abusing it too and I believe that breaks rules. could a GM please look at this? because this seems really unfair at the moment. Also on another note didn't know E was really a "GROUP" picture as the GMs asked for, and another note posting a bug in your game graphics is allowed to win? hell I believe that post with the guy looking like hes violating a girl on page 2 of this thread is a better one.
  • JedesJahr - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    event_details_banner_contest22.jpg
    Thanks to everyone who participated! With over 200 submissions there were PLENTY of submissions for the PWE staff judges to pore over and in selecting the Top 5 judges were most keen on selecting images that:

1). Adhered most closely to the 'Group' theme.
    2). Were well composed.
    3). Had enough captivating elements for users to build 'stories' around.
    the original contest thread for this portion of the contest can be viewed here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279921

okay i know all we are doing is complaining cause E is winning and we all have our favourites and everyones worked up but lets pull this apart.

Image E:
    1). Adhered most closely to the 'Group' theme.
    ever heard of "three's a crowd"? a glitched duo doesnt really potray the 'Group' theme...
    2). Were well composed.
    I admit, it's a very interesting glitch - also you can see it all and the UI is hidden, but really - composure o.o i think not...
    3). Had enough captivating elements for users to build 'stories' around.
    I can think of a few, a couple of little captions, but nothing hilarious like for A and C which ive brainstormed so many o.o "had enough"; there is one "captivating elements" - her head is floating

b:sad we dont understand what went on here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Users are eligible to vote starting now and until noon (Pacific Time) on Monday, May 25th.

In addition to the obvious fake voting, the voting itself was supposed to be closed hours ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada