Why did you choose to be BM?

Caslina - Sanctuary
Caslina - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Just out of curiousity, why did you choose to play a BM? b:chuckle

The reason for me to choose a BM is also the reason I started playing PWI. When I was browzing youtube last year, I saw one of the BM skill that have 2 cool fire dragons circling him (Heaven's Flame). Next thing I knew, I had installed PWI and was customizing my BM. Yes silly reason. Lol. b:laugh

As I gained level, I found many other reasons to love BM. Neither a fan of tails sticking out of biniki, nor having feathers sticking out of my head, BM seems to be ideal. I also love to be in melee range of Boss and monsters, instead of blasting skills at a distance.

Ironically after using Heaven's Flame for a couple of times, the animation lost its' attraction, and I fell in love the amp damage and AoE combo that allows fast grinding. b:victory

What about you?
Started PWI - Oct 2008
Uninstalled PWI - Aug 2009
Post edited by Caslina - Sanctuary on

Comments

• nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Cause when I played Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, I used to always play an axe warrior. lmao

Yes, it's just that simple. :P
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its the Most Versitale character and i also practice a swordstyle..also the whole fur thing just wasnt appealin
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I didn't wanna be a manimal and I didn't want wings on my head and I didn't wanna be a wizard so I chose the Bass Master! The greatest user of aquatic weaponry in all the land! No one can stand against my mystical trout blade, Mallory! b:chuckle

"Crank Dat PvE!"
  • davijohans
    davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well cuz i was too inexpirienced to the game..

ill tell u this :
    barbs are better to tank and get rich and can pvp quite good if they dun go tank built, but theyde better go tank.
    clerics also have oki dmg abd are very importeny to all hunting squads or fbs or whatever
    venos can solo this whole game, best pve best pvp atleast out of squad, allso they are "pullers" and support the squad with some nice tricks.
    wizards are the best mag DDs, though ide go with the cleric.
    archers are DEX bms with range, ide choose a bm only over him but ppl might reather play range char, prolly archer will pvp BIT better but bm will pve a bit better.only a matter of self choise and build.

with all this said, i still choose BM , and to top it all i went with SWORDS, right now im lvl 75++ and im not taking any way out, i got oki vit and oki dex, i love the skillz and i do oki in pvp and grinding or DDing. i can win veno on a pk (sometimes, but only if im lucky) i can tank some bosses, espcially phys ones, though the swords grind slow, i dun take other aoe skillz cuz ill want all the support skills maxed, and atm im not sure ill have the spirits and coins to do so. im the future i might pick one or 2 extra handy skillz.

to sum it up, if i where to remake a char, ide go with venom , barb or cleric.
    i played a lvl 23 veno and help killing (easy) a lvl 25 boss that some 27 bm and wiz couldent kill.

still, BM is lot o fun , only 2nd to the (nixed) veno in this espect.

PS, i was wondering, mabe some pros know:
    i know the lvl 100 def buff gives 1000% phys def. how does it works? the whole squad or just yourself? its it last few secs or its an effecting long lasting buff? it got any big downsides? appreciats the help, sorry for the offtopic and the very long reply
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I chose to be a Warrior because it's a very versatile class, lots of weapons to choose from, builds and it's very balanced. Plus, I like to be in front of the action, not behind shooting stuff and light effects.

b:victory
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Stun lock FTW! b:victory
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    'Cuse in another game i played, i played as a Blade, which killed ultra fast and **** in PvP able to kill the entire arena i under 5 seconds.
    Back.
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I chose because I couldn't get Legolas and figured Aragorn was Human.... DOH!

If I went with Pyropete (my traditional gaming name since 1996) I would have been an Elf Archer.
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    'Cuse in another game i played, i played as a Blade, which killed ultra fast and **** in PvP able to kill the entire arena i under 5 seconds.

Guess you were in for a surprise when you came here eh?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It was a quick decision based on pwi intro/promo videos that I saw on youtube.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Me and my friend started, I had first made a archer and he made a warrior.
    He wanted to quests together so I re-rolled to a warrior.

He quit and I was like 6x so I stuck with it.
    I don't particularly like my class but it has it's moments.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • zkif
    zkif Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    chose bm cause on my previous game i played range and havent tried other melee class..

so tada! thus why i chose BM(melee) although i thought its the 1st tanking class>_<

*doesnt read guides before playing a new game* makes it more challenging xD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ...i chose bm cuz its the most basic type of character to me and i'm still a noob. Anyway i like to be a bmb:laugh
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • Kalister - Sanctuary
    Kalister - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I chose BM cuz i get to walk around and be a macho man!!b:angry With my big axes..b:laugh
    OH EHM JEE!!! NO SIG!!! b:shocked
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Lol b:laugh
    Exact same reason I became a BM
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Made an Alt BM because I wanted to make them a fist type, since I always made martial arts users on MUDs when I played them. Fizzled out on that one, and didn't rekindle interest until I started checking math on fisters. Found something really powerful in potential, and now have a lvl 63 as my main alt. Kills mobs with autoattack and no skills before it can even start it's 2nd magic attack animation. Currently, using fists on foxwing supremes has been more xp than doing axe AoE by a large margin, and very cheap as well.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It is because I was able to pick a female where as with barb they are all males.I have female Warrior in another game I play.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • _Jack - Lost City
    _Jack - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i chose BM cause i like to smash lots of things at once and im not into bestiality so barb was out :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I rolled a Sword BM because everyone says it's useless and weak and cannot kill anything.
    Been proving them wrong and pwning axe users since level 30...
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Started as a barb, and got a quick dose of how slow kills made me KS bait for venos for my first 19 levels. Developed a lasting dislike of veno class. Wanted to solo mostly, but no way I'm ever playing a veno. Decided BM was the next best way to go for mostly solo play.
  • skyp3r
    skyp3r Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I started because I wanted to support a cleric.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    severan wrote: »
    I rolled a Sword BM because everyone says it's useless and weak and cannot kill anything.
    Been proving them wrong and pwning axe users since level 30...

Yes I remember these days too. Every other class is best at something but BM is master of nothing if only than maybe stun a little. "They are just running around waving their little swords" - these were words of one venomancer. Stuff like that.
    Well now talks are certainly changed aren't they?

When I made my first character I wanted to play a "Knight" class. And BM was it. That partially contributed to the the choice of Sword as well.
  • Moodyflame - Harshlands
    Moodyflame - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I had a cleric but i rolled a BM when i went on Harshlands

clerics arent 4 me lol
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    complexx wrote: »
    Me and my friend started, I had first made a archer and he made a warrior.
    He wanted to quests together so I re-rolled to a warrior.

He quit and I was like 6x so I stuck with it.
    I don't particularly like my class but it has it's moments.

Noob. I was forced to quit. Stupid computer. And don't forget "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET MORE ARROWS **** THIS"...ReRolled bm :)
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i chose BM so that i am not squishy and can be an all rounder
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Noob. I was forced to quit. Stupid computer. And don't forget "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET MORE ARROWS **** THIS"...ReRolled bm :)

lol... so that's your story b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited May 2009
    I didn't choose to be a Baldemaster, the Blademaster chose to be me!
    I know I'm cheesyb:chuckle

sealed~
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol... so that's your story b:chuckle

No, that's my story. We were in vent or chatting when we first started pwi, I ran out of arrows in the noob starter area and didn't know where to buy new ones.

So I was like "Um **** this, I'll reroll warrior"
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    complexx wrote: »
    No, that's my story. We were in vent or chatting when we first started pwi, I ran out of arrows in the noob starter area and didn't know where to buy new ones.

So I was like "Um **** this, I'll reroll warrior"

I'm wondering if an archer chooses to have a sidearm such as fists in such emergencies when he runs out of arrows and has like 5 mobs left. Would it work? And would it work at mid-levels as well?
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i chose bm because i'm a noob in this game and just made my first character as a bm and also i think this is too high a lvl to try something else(meaning that i got this far as a bm why not continue) and i just learned a few things about the stats, weapons & armors 4 a bm. And the most important point is that I'M HAVING FUN as a bm!!b:thanks
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute