Genies and why i quit

Options
DvDfives - Dreamweaver
DvDfives - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I know i wont be missed and thats not why im making this post,i just want to vent alittle before i delete this forum from my favs.

Ive already uninstalled the game which is a shame as for the few weeks i played on sanctury and the weeks i played on dreamweaver i really liked this game.

Sure its a L2 clone but about 70% of the free mmo`s are atm its just the way it is,but i did kinda like this as the servers were populated and i never once had any lag,now thats rare for any mmo IMO.

Now heres the where for me it went wrong,why (X100000000) did you add Tinkerbell to the game??? even my daughter has said "why have you got a fairy floating around you character".

Was it really needed in this game? When the game was pretty good as it was,infact if some decent dungeons were added this game wouldve been one of the best F2P mmorpg`s that ive ever tried.

Im writing this out of frustration,i really cant believe this update,ive tried to stomach it for a week but i just cant,maybe my daughter will want to play it now especially as youve added "tinkerbell" to the game but for me i just cant bring myself to enjoy it anymore.

I suppose it could be argued that i dont have to use them but then everyone else would have an advantage on me and even if i didnt use them id still have to look at them on other characters.

Feel free to flame me,go to town if you must im going to delete this forum from my favs anyway as soon as its posted.

And before i go i would like to thank the game makers for the few weeks of fun i had playing this but as a working adult i wont be spending any of my money on this game.
Post edited by DvDfives - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:bye
    10characters
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    tootles, tbh i dont care for them myself,

However! you are not required to use it. u can simply un equip it and save it for when you are higher level. As of your level (and mine) they are of little use.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I Lol'd...b:chuckle

Quitting because of the Genies....LOL....b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver
    ShaneNocturn - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    eh, its whatever...genies blow but i still use mine lol its handy when i need to pull....but its true that they do resemble a fairy quite a bit and i dont really enjoy that...but hey, its all about personal preference!
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

-snerks-

I'm adding this to a list of "the lamest reasons to quite something ever".

Toodles though~ Hope you gave your stuff away before uninstalling so other new players had some perks~
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    But....but....you don't have to use them.... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Go to Watcher of the Earth

Decompose Genie

NPC the cube

Oh yea... b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I just wish you could change graphics settings so that you can't see genies. I've a T7500 and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - I had no lag prior to the update on max settings... that's changed.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wait... Let me get this straight. This guy quit because of Tinkerbell flying around him? You do understand the deeper implications of this, right? He would have quit at 89 anyway, because of the Sage/Demon Fairies. All this did was expediate his departure from the game. At least the update saved him the months of playing until that point, right?
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I like the pink genie I have, she goes well with my neko veno in pink fairy costume.

I don't use the genie (waste of xp) but I like it for the cosmetic value.

What exactly is your problem with them ? Noone is forcing you to use it and the game isn't broken because of them
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    drmarley wrote: »
    I just wish you could change graphics settings so that you can't see genies. I've a T7500 and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - I had no lag prior to the update on max settings... that's changed.

I agree with you, I wish the graphic display of genies could be toggled on and off...... Or just have the genies but no graphic representation of it... heck, even making them 1/2 size or smaller would be good, they are HUGE....

So, unless I am grinding, I usualy keep mine in inventory.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Alrighty, for the next expansion we'll be sure to add evil bats and cobras that follow people around. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Jamri - Heavens Tear
    Jamri - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Now we just need a little devil to sit on our shoulders. That way you could have the good/bad battle in your head.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well honesty I also quit after the genies came out. Kinda stoped my motivation to get the sage/demon fairy when honestly there is nothing special about having something follow you around all the time. At first I was very excited to hear about the genies and couldn't wait to get them... here are some major flaws that turned me off.

Size: make them smaller they are just too damn big and it gets annoying to see all of these floating fairies following everyone around.

Lucky points: Absolute worst idea ever! At least give a way to tell if you have a good one off the start rather than letting us waste our sp, xp and time leveling one up to lvl 10 to see if you have at least a decent one. Even then if you get 10/10 on the first group you could get a set like me for lvls 20, 30 and 40 where you only get 1/10 for all them... yeah thanks for letting me burn through over 1 mil sp for a sub par genie.

Sage/Demon Faries: Terrible Idea to have them alternate. Maybe as I suggested in a previous forum combine the two give the sage little halos or the demon horns, at least this way you can tell the sage/demon players easier and they would have the visual "trophy" to represent their effort and time put into the game.

Infusing xp/sp/cube: Why they hell would you make us surrender our sp and xp to the genies. Why not just have it shared like the venos pets are that system seems to work much better and that way people wouldnt be stalled out on their lvl or skills because they are attempting the neverending quest to catch the genie up in lvl. Not to mention the most unbalanced penalties for the xp/sp ever! NO WAY should there be such a massive penalty.

Finally after saying all that the basic summary of the genies are a large annoying "tinkerbell" that follows you around sucking out your sp and xp. This new "expansion" was nothing more than a way to stop the leveling process for a little to give the developers more time before raising the level cap.

Well the disappointment of the genies is not the only reason I quit it certainly was a large contribution to the final choice.
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    OMG now we will lose half our player base because they don't like to have Tinkerbell following them around.

Sure, I can sympathize that you don't want to have to look at them, but that is what a suggestion forum is for. Make a suggestion that they make an option to turn off the genie graphic and then wait a while. If you are this picky about a game that you will let a simple implement make you quit, then I doubt you will ever stay on any one game for too long.

I don't like that the Territory map can be controlled completely by one or two factions without any problems, but that's not going to make me quit. I simply will level up, try to get in a faction with a bunch of high levels, then try to take lands and weaken a faction. After that, I'd have my guild let half of them map go so all factions can TW and regulate it so no one faction takes it all over if I can help it. Yes, I am a dreamer, but the point is you try to help fix the problem you have, not quit over it.
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    FangJingShan Please read the last line of my post.

It is not the only reason I quit and the look was NOT involved at all, after I relized the epic fail of the lucky points and skills of the genie it was in my inventory and not equiped ever, easy way to solve the "look" issue. I quit because all the grinding got boring and the expansion I was looking forward to was a huge failure because of the reasons I posted above.
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I know i wont be missed and thats not why im making this post,i just want to vent alittle before i delete this forum from my favs.

Ive already uninstalled the game which is a shame as for the few weeks i played on sanctury and the weeks i played on dreamweaver i really liked this game.

Sure its a L2 clone but about 70% of the free mmo`s are atm its just the way it is,but i did kinda like this as the servers were populated and i never once had any lag,now thats rare for any mmo IMO.

Now heres the where for me it went wrong,why (X100000000) did you add Tinkerbell to the game??? even my daughter has said "why have you got a fairy floating around you character".

Was it really needed in this game? When the game was pretty good as it was,infact if some decent dungeons were added this game wouldve been one of the best F2P mmorpg`s that ive ever tried.

Im writing this out of frustration,i really cant believe this update,ive tried to stomach it for a week but i just cant,maybe my daughter will want to play it now especially as youve added "tinkerbell" to the game but for me i just cant bring myself to enjoy it anymore.

I suppose it could be argued that i dont have to use them but then everyone else would have an advantage on me and even if i didnt use them id still have to look at them on other characters.

Feel free to flame me,go to town if you must im going to delete this forum from my favs anyway as soon as its posted.

And before i go i would like to thank the game makers for the few weeks of fun i had playing this but as a working adult i wont be spending any of my money on this game.

just giving my two cents

1. its not a fairy, its a geenie and as far as I know tinkerbell looks nothing like any of them...

2. If your highest level is 38 you more then likely dont know enough about the GENIES to judge them,like most of the newer players who just look at them but never thought about there uses, and yes they are useful, and yes they help out alot of people.

3. yes this game is free to play but came from a pay to play game in MY.

4. your not the only adult who plays this game, and your not the only working adult that plays this game either.

5. if you left because of a nice update because you think its tinkerbell its your loss, attacking the devs and the gms about it and throwing leaving in their face is disrespectful to a point a " working adult " should have grown out of.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

It is not the only reason I quit and the look was NOT involved at all, after I relized the epic fail of the lucky points and skills of the genie it was in my inventory and not equiped ever, easy way to solve the "look" issue. I quit because all the grinding got boring and the expansion I was looking forward to was a huge failure because of the reasons I posted above.

only now people uderstand the genies are not an " epic fail "

everyone just judged them before they knew how to use them, but now people are starting to see how good they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    only now people uderstand the genies are not an " epic fail "

everyone just judged them before they knew how to use them, but now people are starting to see how good they are.

I understood from day one. My first skill was Earthquake... I'd never experienced the joy of a Knockback.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what advantages? its a pve server, you probably dont pvp, the only real application is boss fights. jeez...
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Was it really needed in this game?

Given that it corrects for bleed abuse, and gives options for a much broader range of builds and strategies for grinding, TW, dungeons, regardless of character skills and class (with a few exceptions). Yes. It was needed. It might not have needed to be quite so girly, but meh.

For pve/pvp... movement debuff and magic defense debuff is frickin awsome for wizzies. Everyone can self-heal now without potions to some extent. The game is just more interesting and varied now.

Leaving a game over this is silly.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    what advantages? its a pve server, you probably dont pvp, the only real application is boss fights. jeez...

I PvE and PvP and I have genies for both. If you truly believe that genies are only good for Boss Fights, you're not using the right skills.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I PvE and PvP and I have genies for both. If you truly believe that genies are only good for Boss Fights, you're not using the right skills.

well its just that ppl have successfully fought mobs for the last several months. my post was responding to the " genie sucks but if i dont use them other ppl have advantages"...i mean its like whatever if you dont use them. not like ppl before the expansion couldn't play
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    well its just that ppl have successfully fought mobs for the last several months. my post was responding to the " genie sucks but if i dont use them other ppl have advantages"...i mean its like whatever if you dont use them. not like ppl before the expansion couldn't play

I agree with you there, it's probably the people that were having problems in the first place that are complaining the loudest that genies couldn't suddenly turn them into good players.
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Just so you know, my message was towards the OP. I was not responding to you, however I apologize if you feel I was. To be honest, after I got done laughing, I simply hit the reply button without reading everyone else's posts simply because this is not a thread where you must be informed on what everyone says beforehand.
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    For myself personally, i dont like the Genies, i dont like having to sort out something other than my Character (im not a veno after all) i dont like the look i dont like the system under which they work, IF it turns out they are a must have to compete later in the game then i doubt i will continue to play, as long as you can be competitive without NEEDING a Genie i will hang around, but a Genie wasnt really needed some skill adjustments on a couple of existing skills (Flesh Ream in PVP) would have sorted things out.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Seriously, too "adult" for "tinkerbells". This sounds like something an 8 year old boy would come up with -.-

Firstly, the game is designed to appeal to as wide a market as possible, both male and female, young and old. As well as the fact you don't even have to equip the thing, after a few hours I pretty much forgot it's even following me. At 89 you get a fairy anyway, so what would the OP have done then? I think someone just needs to grow up and stop thinking they're "too good" to be seen with things the majority of the player base couldn't care less about.

The only thing I have against fairies is that after all the hype, it turns out they're a obvious cash sink and money maker (I can guarantee there'll be a future cash shop scroll to reset lucky points). And that they're pretty useless to lower leveled players. But doesn't change the fact that pwi is still the best f2p game I've come across yet, and the fact that genies even exist is still another bonus for now.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    For myself personally, i dont like the Genies, i dont like having to sort out something other than my Character (im not a veno after all) i dont like the look i dont like the system under which they work, IF it turns out they are a must have to compete later in the game then i doubt i will continue to play, as long as you can be competitive without NEEDING a Genie i will hang around, but a Genie wasnt really needed some skill adjustments on a couple of existing skills (Flesh Ream in PVP) would have sorted things out.

That is not why they introduced Genies. They introduced Genies to give players more options on personalizing their characters, and like any major addition to a game, they will have an impact on gameplay on some level much like certain trinkets had a major impact on gameplay, and were required if you were serious about PvP at practically any level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belief - Harshlands
    Belief - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmmm... The reasons I wanted to quit...

1)Phoenixes.
    2)Over Priced Cash shop items.
    3)Egoistic kids that play the game.
    4)Glitches.

But... Meh..
    Play Mario or Roadrash instead.

Cya hafta go lvlup b:bye
    Aurian: Loyal? Power-hoes are loyal to nobody
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wtf why would OP quit just because of additions of genies, but give no reason why. he just sounds like a **** homophobe. we dont need people like that here.
    1)Phoenixes. <- they arent glitched, flesh ream's reduction is >.>
    2)Over Priced Cash shop items.<-the game needs a way to stay free, you dont need them to play
    3)Egoistic kids that play the game.<- LOL LOOK AT PVP SERVER POSTERS
    4)Glitches.<-only super messed up one is one from #1
    ^ all still not good enough reasons to quit :P cept maybe ego *******s
This discussion has been closed.