Heavens Tears TW Predictions (5/15 - 5/17)

Options
13»

Comments

• Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lastly, @ Foxx:

I'd like to explain my earlier suggestion. I'm not a supporter of giving something to someone udeservedly -- i'm with you on that.
    However, it is possible for a guild to have enough firepower and enthusiasm, but lose a TW to an inferior, but organized and experienced force. Some of the last RoC battles are a good example of that. b:chuckle

Nothing against TheCore, btw, they won it on their own. Very nice!

I know Hisui was giving some advice on TW strategies. But nothing is like getting a TW veteran to actually lead you on field of battle. Once you add experience to zeal and strength, then you have a serious TW contender.

In other words, give the man a fish, and you fed him for a day.
    Teach the man how to fish, and you've fed him for life!

I was merely suggesting that some old TW hand, like Torm, teach a potentially strong guild how to fish.
    That is all. b:chuckle

Cuz we all know there are some guilds out there that have been trying for AGES to get on the map, but can't last more than 20 minutes against a more experienced faction.

So yeah, i hope that explained it a bit better

b:bye
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How are the other servers doing? Is there anywhere near this diversity on thier TW maps? Not that I expect to see it be like this for long. I do love to see so many new faces owning land. Even if it is short term.

Good job everyone, and grats to those new landholders! b:victory

Lost City
    Harshlands
    Dreamweaver
    Sanctuary
    Heavens Tear
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    First off, gratz to Tao, Caesar, Roadkill and TheCore! b:victory
    What happened to Memories??

Quite frankly, I was surprised by the outcome!
    Roadkill had shown that they still pack a punch and didn't dissolve after losing their long-held Imm. Camp.
    TheCore also added a color to the map! :D Well done!

Well, Tao was a no-brainer! :P Good work nonetheless!
    I believe Tao's color is here to stay for a while! O_o

Life is quickly returning to the HT's map, ladies and gentlemen! b:pleased

Ah...that was a fun battle. We were doin' great, we were! We got their HQ down to 'bout 10% health...but then Evo lost the other two TW's, and were able to focus on us. Unfortunately, they pushed us back and were able to destroy our HQ...but man, what a battle! Don't worry, we're still building up forces, and can only get stronger from here on in! We're not gonna give up until Memories gets a piece of that Territory Pie! ^_^v

...honestly, I'm surprised with how well we did! 1.5 hours of constant fighting and dying...man, what a rush! 'Twas only my second TW, but I now know how everyone else feels about it...it's such a rush! ^_^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Thanks Sgt. Yeah a few months ago I made a thread about how long it was going to take before we seen some diversity on the TW map, and seeing new guilds get into the picture. Many argued with me it would never happen. Granted Enrage still is the top dog around here. It is nice to see others start to come into their own a little, and more prople getting to experience TW's. It appears at a glance we will be having a nice fight with Triad maybe this next week. That shall be interesting to see how that goes in Plume if it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks Sgt. Yeah a few months ago I made a thread about how long it was going to take before we seen some diversity on the TW map, and seeing new guilds get into the picture. Many argued with me it would never happen. Granted Enrage still is the top dog around here. It is nice to see others start to come into their own a little, and more prople getting to experience TW's. It appears at a glance we will be having a nice fight with Triad maybe this next week. That shall be interesting to see how that goes in Plume if it happens.

I look at Sanctuary's TW Map and it makes me feel bad for them.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This map makes me sad inside. TW must suck for them.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What happened to Memories??

either evo hates memories that much to sacrifice 2 territories to defend them, or a victim of poor strategy from evo

why anyone would lose 2 (and nearly all 3) territories to defend 1 is beyond me, it's like evo are trying to wipe themselves off the map
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lazyness wrote: »
    either evo hates memories that much to sacrifice 2 territories to defend them, or a victim of poor strategy from evo

why anyone would lose 2 (and nearly all 3) territories to defend 1 is beyond me, it's like evo are trying to wipe themselves off the map

This is the only thing I could figure, is that evo is more willing to let the "smaller" guilds get on the map then "larger" ones, because its easier to take back the land.

i.e. Next week evo probably will be able to recover land from rk, enlighten, or TC if they have no other TWs. However if memories had gotten the land they probably wouldnt have been able to recover it.

Only thing I can think of for their actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is the only thing I could figure, is that evo is more willing to let the "smaller" guilds get on the map then "larger" ones, because its easier to take back the land.

i.e. Next week evo probably will be able to recover land from rk, enlighten, or TC if they have no other TWs. However if memories had gotten the land they probably wouldnt have been able to recover it.

Also, if I'm correct, alot of ex-Evos are in memories aswell, and Misfortune is Evolution's pride and joy, I remember being there when we re-recovered it from Triad, that's my opinion as to why they defended against Memories
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

well, wats to stop memories from attacking 1 of the small 3 this week and getting a land, and hence evo will have to take it off memories to get it back anyway? net result: 10m less pay for a week

let's face it, trusting evo, it was probably just a case of bad strategy/decision making in the tw
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

let's face it, trusting evo, it was probably just a case of bad strategy/decision making in the tw

Probably, I was trying to give them the benefit of doubt hehe.

They did the same stratagy when Enrage first attacked them as well. They had SentinelS the same night.

They sent their full force to Enrage and didnt defend against Sent. They ended up loosing both their lands but the next week bid against Sent and got the land back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Revdds - Heavens Tear
    Revdds - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The way I see it, memories is suffering from a lack of barbs and archs. They have a barb that’s a pain in the *** to kill and another half decent barb. I believe that they even used bm pullers. While their arch duo was able to take down bms, the two of them just can’t out-put enough dd.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well, wats to stop memories from attacking 1 of the small 3 this week and getting a land, and hence evo will have to take it off memories to get it back anyway? net result: 10m less pay for a week

Small 3? I think somebody may be feeding you bad intel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

That does make sense;however, one thing that Evo don't do is give up that easily(Except the dumb alliances earlier this year...yes Cat I understand b:chuckle). When the first wave of Evo's left a few months ago and we only had 79 people online they didn't give up on their land. When Enrage was handing our asses to us we showed up to them every week even giving up Sentinels war just to fight em. Evo had guts and still do. The Memories battle wasn't at all shocking...have you seen their level recruitment??? No offense to FoxyGoth and Shadow(I love you guys). Anyway...may seem weird they'd give up 2 lands to defend 1 but in most of the battles I heard there was resistance even when they only had 80 peeps online for war when getting triple teamed. Meh...Good luck Evo!
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    evo fails and will continue to fail until Hunny, the pedophile, is kicked from the guild. until then, evo can be eaten by every newb guild in the server.