Genie Skill Bugs - Report Here

Comments

• Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Reflective Aura

Current Description of Skill: Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds
    Actual Effect: Nothing except stamina loss, yay.

Me and my BM hubby tried this out in a duel, I hit him with fists and nothing was reflected back at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • DarkOsiris - Lost City
    DarkOsiris - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it works in duels with magic damage only :P it was ment to be a magic damage reflect:P

Quote of the day:
    would it suck it your check bounced and u got sued for not paying a company. but if the company comes out with a non working item that they promote they can do what ever they like to do with out any reprecusion
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009
    Not sure about this, but do the descriptions like "every 20 dex increases all effect by 1%" even do anything? Seems more like only leveling the skill actually does anything. Relentless courage is an example. Did I just waste points on dex for nothing?
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Not sure about this, but do the descriptions like "every 20 dex increases all effect by 1%" even do anything? Seems more like only leveling the skill actually does anything. Relentless courage is an example. Did I just waste points on dex for nothing?

The % boost isn't reflected in the skill description, but it is added to the damage/buff output. The GM's have taken this under advisement and may be getting it fixed so that the skills reflect the upgrades as skill points are allocated.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009
    The % boost isn't reflected in the skill description, but it is added to the damage/buff output. The GM's have taken this under advisement and may be getting it fixed so that the skills reflect the upgrades as skill points are allocated.
    Ok, good to know.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    First of all, about every debuff or buff seems to last only half listed time,so far about all i've tried.

Name:Tree of protection
    Current:adds 60% hp and refills hp to full in 3 secs. Lasts 5 sec+1 per 10 dex.
    Actual:adds around 50-60% hp but lasts only half the time and ticks only once.

Name:Extreme poison
    Current:Amplify damage 20% for 10 seconds.
    Actual: (amp's dmg but Lasts only 5seconds.)Seems to work ok.
    Edit:Actually after more testing, seems to last the listed time.

Name:Relentless Courage
    Current: Increases 30% att speed,20% move and 15% channeling,lasts 8secs
    Actual:Raises speeds but lasts only 4secs.

Reflective Aura
    Current: Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds
    Actual: Lasts half the time, 2secs. Description also says that reflects all damage on the skill once bought as in skill tree it says reflect magical damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    skill type : Frenzy
    discription on lvl 8 base : Go into a raging frenzy granting u the strenght of 8 men , lowers deffense and spell resistance for 90% increases spy att LVL 18

i tried it every posible way the skill does not add spy attack what so ever ... i wanted this skill because could be awsome if it worked .... please can a gm look into this?? or do i need send ticket ?? i dont know ^^ but i want the skill hoho so plss check if u can gm or tell me what im seeing wrong because 8 man should be lots 0.0b:chuckleb:bye
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Skill Type : whirlwind

Discription: Deals a low amount of damage and slows the target by xx% foor xx seconds. Also stuns the target for 2 seconds.
    This is discription in genie skill screen.
    At the watcher of the earth no stun is mentioned.

Actual effect: skill does some damage and slows the target accordingly. No stun is involved, but there is some white circles around the target as some kind of seal. However it does not interupt channeling.
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Would you be willing to accept actual video proof? I tried this several times , recording the screen. IT DOES NOT LAST 5 SECONDS!

true, I did counting as well Tree of Protection doesn t last long even with dex adds on my genie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cupidsfists - Sanctuary
    Cupidsfists - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tree of protection keeps stealin from gold charms ><
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mantle Ripple of Death

Current: Causes xxx.x physical and earth damage to all targets within 15 meters of you. xx% chance for the targets to be poisoned and lose 100 chi. Lasts 60 seconds.

Actual: Deals the damage, and the target loses the chi, but it doesn't last for 60 seconds, nor does the target become poisoned.

Edit: Just for clarification, in buying the skill, it says this: "Creates a magical ripple in the ground. Causes xxx.x physical and earth damage to all targets within 15 meters of you. xx% chance for the targets to be poisoned and lose 100 chi. Lasts 60 seconds."

That "and" part is quite misleading, since there is no poisoning, but your opponent does lose chi.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • eriyos
    eriyos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    so extrme poison only last 5 sec eh ? .<
  • striker5117
    striker5117 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Genie skill bug:

Earthblaze - Level 7(If it matters)

Current Description: Throws a fireball at the target, dealing XXX.X fire damage
    and reducing the target's fire resist by 20% for 15 seconds. Temporarily increases the target's movement speed for 10 seconds then decreases it for 15 seconds.

ACTUAL Description: Throws a fireball at the target(or fiery ring), dealing XXX.X fire damage to ALL enemies within 20 meters. Temporarily increases ALL enemies movement speed for 10 seconds then decreases it for 15 seconds.

Problem: The fire resist debuff goes to all enemies within range, but fails to reduce their resistance as no damage increase occurs with many attempts.

Cmon genie patch... b:surrender

IMPORTANT EDIT: The fire debuff DOES work after further testing. I was testing on only metal mobs before; oddly enough. The problem is it doesn't stack with the damage increase from elements. Which means, the decrease in fire resistance on metal mobs doesn't work. I guess it simply wasen't programmed to stack with the increased damage done to mobs of the weaker element.

Off topic:
    I wonder if this is the same for undine strike? My wizard is 71 so I obviously do not have it yet. If anyone wants to point that out or PM me about it. Appreciation in advance.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    eriyos wrote: »
    so extrme poison only last 5 sec eh ? .<
    No, if you level it. Mine is level... 4 IIRC, and lasts full 7.5 secs. No bugs here so far.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Genie skill bug:

Earthblaze - Level 7(If it matters)

Current Description: Throws a fireball at the target, dealing XXX.X fire damage
    and reducing the target's fire resist by 20% for 15 seconds. Temporarily increases the target's movement speed for 10 seconds then decreases it for 15 seconds.

ACTUAL Description: Throws a fireball at the target(or fiery ring), dealing XXX.X fire damage to ALL targets within 20 meters. Temporarily increases ALL target's movement speed for 10 seconds then decreases it for 15 seconds.

Problem: The fire resist debuff goes to all enemies within range, but fails to reduce their resistance as no damage increase occurs with many attempts.

Cmon genie patch... b:surrender

Wow. That's a pretty big difference there!

Here's another potential bug, though I've had trouble recreating it:

Impact

Description: Attacks with watery might to erode the target's defenses. Causes xxx.x water damage and reduces the target's physical defencse by 10% for 10 seconds.

Issue: On a few occasions while a friend of mine and were grinding, away from other players, we both saw this skill attack multiple targets in a small range. He does not possess this skill on his genie, only I do. This occurred spontaneously several times, though we cannot confirm the actual event. To cause the bug (the few times that it occured), I attacked a target, left my pet attacking this target and immediately attacked a second target nearby using Impact. On at least one occasion, this casued the first target to instantly die though it still had a considerable amount of life left, though this could have been due to a reduced defense/weak issue.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Howdy!

We have updated the original post with the following skills:

Battle Ripple Fate
    Blinding Sand
    Elemental Weakness
    Frenzy
    Searing Heat
    Weakness
    Wind Shield
    Whirlwind

Thanks everyone for the help!
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It seems like Tree of Protection is a recurring issue. As someone who used this as the first genie skill and continues to, I feel you on the charm tick. But the trick with this skill is timing. Clerics should especially be aware of this, after all don't we try to drop heals before a charm ticks? Opposite of that, I see folks use ToP right after a charm ticks to make up for it's cool down (BRILLIANT for tanks, dangerous for squishy casters).

Or, you can be like me and only level it to a certain point. It heals 25% of your max HP (which means the max HP after HP increase) every 3 seconds. When I use this right before my charm ticks and right before I take more damage it works out great.

As far as the length of time, if you are taking damage as this is cast it may seem to only tick once. I've experimented with this and it does work with the correct timing each time. Just my 2 cents, and personal experience.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ehhh sorry u didnt just misspel ... try using the skill ... frenzy give power of 10 men yea right what kinda men then.... not verry strong 1s i guess ....
    frenzy does not fit his discription going in a rage and getting strenght of 10 man u wont get u hardly hit 10% harder so its a bogus skill .... dont put on misleading text on skills please !!!!
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Remnant_Vivo - Heavens Tear
    Remnant_Vivo - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wind Shield

Under Primary Skills at Skill Inquiry it says
    "Reduces damage and increases your attack rate and Evasion."

At the learning place it says attack speed and Dexterity. If you try the skill you getting evasion and attack rate.

(Wind Shield lv 4 Increases attack speed and Dexterity by 10%)
    My evasion is 130 without skill. With skill active 143. (130x.10= 13+130= 143)
    Evasion went up exactly 10%.

As for the attack rate it seem it is off.
    My attack rate is 1.25 without skill. With skill active is 1.43. A 14.4% difference.

I tried again with a different weapon with a attack rate of 1.0 and with skill received 1.11. A 11% difference.

Important to note none of the weapon had any attack rate down or up effect. Also I was not wearing any evasion enhancement nor any buffs that enhances it. Although may need more testing. Evasion (Not Dexterity) seem to do what it suppose to do according to Primary Skills. As for the Attack Rate (Speed) it is not accurate.
  • Phaetal - Lost City
    Phaetal - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I set my genie to be able to be traded on wednesday last week. It's still on 130h/168h. 168 hours being one week, according to this i only set it 38 hours ago and thats certainly incorrect. I'm wondering what if anything can be done about that.

(Does the genie need to be equiped or in inventory? I had it in the bank.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I set my genie to be able to be traded on wednesday last week. It's still on 130h/168h. 168 hours being one week, according to this i only set it 38 hours ago and thats certainly incorrect. I'm wondering what if anything can be done about that.

It's counting up from 0 to 168. When it reaches 168/168, genie becomes tradable.
  • Phaetal - Lost City
    Phaetal - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:cute
    well that makes a lot more sense... LOLZ... thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dankmonkey
    dankmonkey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree of Protection is a charm ticking wasting skill that's flawed. When it adds more max HP it ticks the charm when the skill is supposed to heal you. I have mine at lvl 7 and my life is 12K if it drops to 7K and use the tree skill it ticks the charm,WTF. Every time, unless I do it at 9K !!! But a skill shouldn't be ticking a charm if it is supposed to heal you and give you more HP.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    dankmonkey wrote: »
    Tree of Protection is a charm ticking wasting skill that's flawed. When it adds more max HP it ticks the charm when the skill is supposed to heal you. I have mine at lvl 7 and my life is 12K if it drops to 7K and use the tree skill it ticks the charm,WTF. Every time, unless I do it at 9K !!! But a skill shouldn't be ticking a charm if it is supposed to heal you and give you more HP.

I second this thought. I would like to see this fixed if at all possible, though I don't think it's a bug. It's more of a design flaw.
  • Tysken - Sanctuary
    Tysken - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dankmonkey wrote: »

Unless you are doing the Barb Perdition combo, you should have kept that skill at lvl 1, then ur charm wouldn't tick. But if you are using a charm why would u need healing anyway? Pots are less expensive to save ur charm, imo. (stamina cost is prolly higher)

I think a lot of the problems with the genie skills is that people want to max the skills when having lvl 1 on some of them may be just as effective and much less expensive stamina wise.

My BM friend has lvl 10 Extreme Poison and it cost 600 stamina...that is like 1.2k per cast. I think he is getting more seconds added to the time with lvl 10, but lvl 1 just costs 180 stamina but does the same inc damage with his high dex genie. I dunno I am still holding off on the genie stuff until I figure it all out.
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    On the Discipline Genie, the default skill Wind Force says it takes 90 energy to cast, when it only takes 60 energy to cast.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • boethius
    boethius Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Battle Ripple of Fate is missing from my available skills and is the only one to do so. Despite Kantorek's work it isn't included in original post either.
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Howdy!

We have updated the original post with the following skills:

Battle Ripple Fate
    Blinding Sand
    Elemental Weakness
    Frenzy
    Searing Heat
    Weakness
    Wind Shield
    Whirlwind

Thanks everyone for the help!
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Spark

Description: Not applicable
    Actual: Not applicable

Reason: The skill works properly within the parameters set in the skill description. Technically. See below:

When it is cast from further out than 25 meter's rather than the usual message of "Too far from target" (as other genie skills do), the Energy and Stamina are deducted while no effect takes place. So technically, yes. The skill does not function outside of 25 meters like it says in the description. However, the odd deduction of energy and stamina occurs (Used a fair amount of STA testing this; slightly irritated because I did not notice it before)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    On the Discipline Genie, the default skill Wind Force says it takes 90 energy to cast, when it only takes 60 energy to cast.

b:quietquiet thats good
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioman3
    bioman3 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Life Drain
    Drains health from all targets within 15 meters. Causes 1154.4 Water damage and heals you for 5% of your Max HP. Causes Triple damage to targets in water
    ACTUALLY: does water dmg to all targets within 15 meters but only drains health from a few of them if not only 1 or 2