Genie Skill Bugs - Report Here

Comments

• EntityZero - Sanctuary
    EntityZero - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wind Shell

The buff removes wings of protection once it fades. Shouldn't do this, however i'm guessing the reason is that buffs overwrite buffs that are stronger anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nereila - Heavens Tear
    Nereila - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Skill: Wind Shield

Description: Uses Wind Power to protect yourself. Reduces DMG recieved by 12%.
    Increases Attack Speed and Dexterity by 10%

Issue: No 10% Dex Boni, but 10% Evasion <.<

Buggy or wrong Description ?

The skill inquiry says evasion. I'd say it's the description that's wrong. o.o
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So I have a question. Will the "Healing" Skill still include replenishing your Hp, or will it just be for bleeding, cause the wording under it is kinda hard to understand.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So I have a question. Will the "Healing" Skill still include replenishing your Hp, or will it just be for bleeding, cause the wording under it is kinda hard to understand.

See the first post:

Healing
    Current: Replenishes your HP. Has a 80% chance to stop bleed effects.
    Actual: This skill only stops bleed effects. Has no healing properties.

* They stated this description will be fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi Everyone,

First off, thanks everyone for all the replies. This has really been a great help to our team in smoothing out these skills. b:thanks

I'd like to address a few things here:

One of the hot topics right now is Tree of Protection. We just updated the original post with this information:

Tree of Protection
    Current: Restores full HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.
    Actual: restores 25% of max HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.
    We will fix the description text in a future patch.

There are no errors with the timing. The Max HP increase lasts for 5 seconds, and the HP regen lasts for 6. It may seem shorter to you due to lag, when you started to count, or other Star Trek theories. At no point did we see the duration be shorter than what was stated.
    aazadan wrote: »
    Not sure this qualifies as a genie bug, as I suppose it could be something us players haven't figured out yet, but the growth stat seems to be stuck at 50 for every genie.

Currently there is no ability to increase this stat.
    Earthflame - Zeal starting skill

Description: Calls a pillar of flame to scorch the target for 5 seconds. Redces the target's attack and defnse by 4%, and increases the target's move speed by 3%.

Issue: Call for Clarification: Should this skill be INCREASING the target's move speed or DECREASING? Increase seems somehow counter-intuitive.

If somebody set you on fire, do you think you'd be running faster or slower? b:chuckle

That's all for now. We are still looking into the other issues posted so please be patient if you do not see a response to the skill you inquired about. b:bye
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    jayjayx wrote: »
    If somebody set you on fire, do you think you'd be running faster or slower? b:chuckle

WELL supposed to stop drop and roll.

That should be a genie skill "set target on fire and the are stun and roll around on ground for 5 secs "b:laugh
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Well, sarcasm aside, I suppose that clears that one, doesn't it, honeh? b:mischievous
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Skill: Tree of Protection
    Level: 10

Description: Increases max HP by 60% for 5 seconds and restores full HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

And this skill takes 60% of my health away which is not good at all. Luckily I tested it before fighting any mobs.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dont matter im still learning how to use the genies anyways. i barely figured its best to use yer XP if yer just lvled..well in a sense u wanna make yer xp zero by lvling yer genie or more idk. and then use spirit and them xp balls. havent figured out how to use the stupid skills yet. although I figured out how to aquire new ones now finally.
  • Lanevo - Lost City
    Lanevo - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wind Shield= Reduce DMG received by XX%, Increase Attack Speed and Dexterity (Evasion) by 10%

Actual Effect= For my Archer with Wings of Protection buff on, after i cast wind shield i guess the increase of evasion does not stack? Not only it does not stack, it removes the Wings of Protection buff. I think it is more wise to make the evasion increase stack and does not remove the Wings of Protection skill.
  • Bromsen - Heavens Tear
    Bromsen - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009

One of the hot topics right now is Tree of Protection. We just updated the original post with this information:

Tree of Protection
    We will fix the description text in a future patch.

There are no errors with the timing. The Max HP increase lasts for 5 seconds, and the HP regen lasts for 6. It may seem shorter to you due to lag, when you started to count, or other Star Trek theories. At no point did we see the duration be shorter than what was stated.

Would you be willing to accept actual video proof? I tried this several times , recording the screen. IT DOES NOT LAST 5 SECONDS!
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Healing Ripple of Rebirth

Skill Inquiry Description:
    Constantly regenerates the Health and Mana of friendly targets around you
    Only available in the water

Actual:
    The learn window shows that this skill is also class restricted to clerics.

i learned this skill to my genie because i thought it would be nice for fishing , altho it's not worth it cause its just like any other skil that u cats once

shouldn't it be a skill like Blue Ball? ... like a switch on or off skill wich uses like 10energy every 5 sec?

like it is now i don't think it's worth getting
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    See the first post:

Healing

* They stated this description will be fixed

Yes, but when they say the Description will be fixed, how do they mean it? Do they mean the skill won't replenish your hitpoints, or will they make it so it will, and fix the skill itself?
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Yes, but when they say the Description will be fixed, how do they mean it? Do they mean the skill won't replenish your hitpoints, or will they make it so it will, and fix the skill itself?

Read the last line again:

Healing

I added the emphasis there, but, just to be clear:

HEALING WILL HAVE NO HEALING PROPERTIES - It heals wounds, stops bleeding. It WILL NOT replenish life.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Read the last line again:

I added the emphasis there, but, just to be clear:

HEALING WILL HAVE NO HEALING PROPERTIES - It heals wounds, stops bleeding. It WILL NOT replenish life.

We will be renaming the skill to prevent any further confusion.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    We will be renaming the skill to prevent any further confusion.

TY, Mr. Kantorek! I was wondering about that...
  • Gwynnavier - Sanctuary
    Gwynnavier - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    [QOUTE=Originally Posted by Smellfish - Heavens Tear
    so what is going to be done about all the spirit people have waisted on these bugged skills? i bought both healing and reflective aura maxed them then found out there broke.

They will probably be fixed and then youll have them on yer genie, good as new!
    [/QUOTE]
    They will probably be fixed and then youll have them on yer genie, good as new!

Actually it wont since it says they do not heal you as the description says (for the heal skill). So they wont be good as new, they will be only half what you expect it to be. I also maxed the heal to 10. But the heal works fine on Zeal and not on Longevity. So it really makes no sense what PW is saying in the begining of this post with the heal skill. I think it will be disappointing to many. Though I spent my spirit and such its a lose I have to deal with but would like to see it made good somehow, but if it can't then it can't.
    Thank you thats my two cents on this matter b:chuckle
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    I also maxed the heal to 10. But the heal works fine on Zeal and not on Longevity. So it really makes no sense what PW is saying in the begining of this post with the heal skill.

So, wait, are you saying that on Zeal the heal actually heals? I don't think that's the case, as both I and a friend of mine got Zeal and Heal and heal was still "broken" (now I realize that it's just the description). Per Kantorek himself, Heal isn't supposed to heal. It's meant to stop bleeding, and they're planning on changing the name of the skill to reflect this.
  • d4rch4ngel
    d4rch4ngel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In the Text description of skills when you right click genie and click affinities then skill list, it says whirlwind stuns for 2 seconds and then slows movement speed. When I checked skills from Watcher of Earth it doesnt mention anything about stunning. Does the skill have stun or not?
  • Lothiel - Heavens Tear
    Lothiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree of Protection

I have the skill lvl'd to 10 and each time i activate it, my hp charm ticks and therefore makes this skill useless.

Wind Shiels :
    Same prob as Lanevo already mentioned, i presume it's due to do the fact that dodge icon ends between the two icons from wind shield and is deleted once the skill has ended.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have the skill lvl'd to 10 and each time i activate it, my hp charm ticks and therefore makes this skill useless.
    Lol? You are supposed to use it AFTER your charm ticked. It's great.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree of Protection

Wind Shiels :
    Same prob as Lanevo already mentioned, i presume it's due to do the fact that dodge icon ends between the two icons from wind shield and is deleted once the skill has ended.

i just got this skil to lvl 3 but it lasts 1 second ONLYb:cry
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Name of = Toa Chi, or something rather

The skill is suppose to grant +50HP regen to all near by Squad members & grant speed bonus as well.

Well the Speed bonus works, but the +50hp regen does not work at all. I have tried 20 times over still only got +10hp regen.

i haven't noticed how much it actually regens but i noticed
    it removes the cleric health regen buff after those few seconds and i immediately made my genie forget it after that b:bye
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it removes the cleric health regen buff after those few seconds and i immediately made my genie forget it after that b:bye
    Removes? This may be considered as a bug. Tree of protections gives buff like barb's one for hp, exactly the same icon, but it stacks (or so i was told by my guildies, still have not tested it for myself).
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    overwrites is probably the better word to use
    yesterday me and my boyfriend did some quests
    everytime i used the genie skill after the effect wore off he had to recast celestial guardian seal
    it was really annoying and mana consuming
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is it just me or do other ppl that pots are more eficient?(i wana use genies toob:cryb:angryb:surrender)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Searing Heat
    On the Primary Skills page its level 2, but says Fire 8. Should say Fire 2 like in the Watcher of the Earth's skills list.

Battle Ripple of Fate
    On the Primary Skills page its in level 1 with Water 5, but the picture is Blood Clot. Not sure but I think it is suppose to be Blood Clot.
  • Arduro - Heavens Tear
    Arduro - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dragonfire:
    summon a fiery dragon to assoult youe enemyes: causes 1333.3 physical and fire damage and frightens your opponent reduce targhet's defense level by 11 for 6 sec

skill damage is not correct and don't frightens any1 lol (question: skill reduce targhet defense just by 11 points O.o?? it's correct?)
  • laksdfj
    laksdfj Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i would like to add the skill Frenzy : discription supose to grand me the strenght of 8 men ... while losing pshycal and magical def for 90% ok so i tested normal hitting fisthitting stunned ... my attack is the same not even 100 more so dont feel like i get power of 8 man but in mean time i do lose 90% could u please look into this? thank u
  • DarkOsiris - Lost City
    DarkOsiris - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Reflective Aura is buged ppl it only works in duels. were all other skills work in pvp the reason the gms added this skill is that alot of class's became over powering here is an example. extreme poison amps damage 30% for a bm 30% is about 400 more damage for a archer it can range 1-2k there are many skills that help all class's all skills work in pvp for a bm and bairb this reflect skill works very well and helps even things out a bit i realy hope the gms fix this bug and it hurts all the ppl saying its not buged shows how many ppl pvp in other servers kinda sad but any way. gms please fix the bug it will help us bm/bairbs out alot.

Also Gms please look at the effect times there wrong on every skill i have tryed i have made multiple genies for diff skills and i have tested over 20 skills and 85% of the skills i have tryed are buged and 100% of the skills i have tryed do not match the effect time listed. gms please fix thies problims asap i cant under stand y u make somuch money and release a buged system we all wanted genies but not a mass buged glitch ty and have a nice day

DarkOsiris 86 BM
    DarksWiz 84Wiz