what would you say is a clerics best friend in squads? from what you seen.

Options
Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
i wanna know which mix or combo works best with you guys from past events.
it seems depending on who you squad with things can go many diffrent ways.

what would you say is the best friend a cleric can have in squads(as in geting the most done).
veno
barb
wiz
bm
or another cleric.
A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
Post edited by Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wizard. u have a buff that makes a wizard hit a great deal higher, and u can heal him. u both attack from a distance, so u may never even get hit in the first place. u both use magic, so u both hit hard. and u both have awkward poses u stand in when you're in combat.

best combo ever
  • Aia - Dreamweaver
    Aia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is definitely both an opinionated and situation dependent question you are asking...from my experience playing a cleric with my boyfriend who plays a barbarian things have always gone pretty well leveling up and killing bosses and such. In territory wars it was occasionally a problem of me flying too slow to keep up with him, but that is no longer a problem after maxing flying mastery. For doing dungeons, twilight temple, and zhen it is definitely useful already having a healer and tank.
    Although I have also seen strong duos of cleric and blademaster.
    It's nice to have friends though, and I would recommend making friends with a barb. b:cute
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As helpful as a barb or a veno are, they can't res me if I die ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:cute BM for AoE pl0x
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Barb ftw b:victory

Nothing like an extra barb to pull things from you when a pull goes horrible wrong or main tank losses aggro on a boss.
  • Smyd - Dreamweaver
    Smyd - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Many a well timed stun has saved me from healing aggro.b:pleased Much luv to the good BM's out there.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BM and Cleric duo.. AOE lvling ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ANYONE attentive ENOUGH who watches the clerics HP if mobs link and start attacking us. There is only so much we can do other than sleep ONE mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ermmm….why isn’t Archer in the line-up?

Anyway, I like to party with Archers and Wizards the most. A Cleric combined with either of these professions becomes a quick killing team who also have a myriad of utility should things ever go wrong and the enemy actually reaches you.

When I get to the higher levels, this preference may change to a BM for their AoE grinding capabilities, but for now Archers and Wizards are my best friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Smyd - Dreamweaver
    Smyd - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BM and Cleric duo.. AOE lvling ftw!

b:victory Nuff said...
  • Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
    Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My partner's a barbarian and our main problem, other than the fact I am already 6 levels above him, seems to be that he can't get to a mob before I kill it. Kinda feel bad watching him run his little flaming kitty paws off only to come up short. As for bosses, oh yeah! He tanks, I heal, works like a charm.
    I like to try partnering with an Archer but since me and my dad share one account it won't be him.b:cry Maybe I need to start over with my own account.b:chuckle
    "Imagination is more important than intelligence."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I do agree with the Bm because of the AOE grinding....

However, any squad that can work together is always a good one for me. I especially love the squads where everyone is so uptight about "saving" and "watching" the cleric.

It's cute and makes my job SOOOO much easier.....b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i just like to work with ppl i know and that dont go charging without a warning...b:victory
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    One Cleric and one BM is all you need to get tones of exp and deal with the majority of bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The clerics best friend is the ress scroll. Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Barbs or Bm in a 2 man squad if im out for killing lots its a bm ^^ if im out for bosses its a barb simple ^^

I normally have a squad of 2 bm's 1 barb 1 archer 2 clerics

I find this works very well for mass killing high lvl mobs ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I do agree with the Bm because of the AOE grinding....

However, any squad that can work together is always a good one for me. I especially love the squads where everyone is so uptight about "saving" and "watching" the cleric.

It's cute and makes my job SOOOO much easier.....b:cute
    That attitude is prevalent among my faction mates. I don't think we've ever done an FB without a veno for pulling, just to make sure we don't get overaggroed. It's somewhat unnecessary in fb19 lol but they always try to keep everyone safe. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would say another cleric depending on what is at hand.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    and u both have awkward poses u stand in when you're in combat.

best combo ever

Rofl but your post is valid XD
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    OH noes... you clerics....you hates us!!!b:cry You hates us!! it all comes out now!!! they hates us barbs!!! they rather have a BM!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ^Don't feel so bad you did come in second and look at the Venos.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The one that voted for a Veno is either a veno himself/herself or her/his hubby/wife is a veno lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keilasaurus - Sanctuary
    Keilasaurus - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Haha, so true. As much as I love playing a veno myself, I'd rather not party with one. :D Unless their genie had the soul transfusion on another target skill. :P

I voted barb because I've leveled up with my boyfriend's barb since level 20. At first, it was horrible because he didn't even want to party with me. :( Then at level 40 or so, he began to party with me and it helped loads.

We don't kill the same mobs. We usually pick a place where he can have mobs he can kill easily and mobs that I can kite easily. If something accidentally aggro's me, he can get to me lickity split (maxed true form... or whatever that tiger skill is called xD) and Flesh Ream it off me. If I'm feeling extra suicidal and get more than one mob on me, he can use that aoe Roar or aoe bleed.

When we boss/fb/whatever else, I can ensure he'll keep aggro OFF of me while I freely heal him. A BM, wizard, archer, or veno can't do that (based off of experience).

We can also aoe grind. He switches back and forth between tiger and regular forms to aoe and I switch between heals and aoes, myself. Much faster and more efficient way of leveling -- not to mention we don't have to share exp with anyone else. :)
  • Hataa - Heavens Tear
    Hataa - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I like Duoing with my GF so Cleric...

But seriously anyone not seriously ****. A Barb or BM that can tank and not take more damage than I can heal, or at least have the intelligence to not grab more than they can take I love them.

I like Barbs cause I can full DD and then heal after if it's not a boss, and even with a boss I can throw debuffs and a few attacks down a lot of times in between curing. It just depends on the boss.

BM AoE grind duo 4tw, imo it's better than zhen in most ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Barbs ftw!b:angry We have more hp then BM's. So clerics can attack more often then when with a BM and you can worry a lot less. Even using a tank build I'm killed BM's, archers, and wizards that are higher then me no pots or charms used and barbs can take care of any aggro.I was even able to tank my own fb19 and fb29 while at those lvls. All we needed was a cleric and a venom. Basically as a tank barbs kick BM's butt and with with damage it's about even, though more to Bm's considering what weapon they use. So use a Barb for a tank and a BM for damage dealing.But that's just one wolf's opinoin.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ohh, and fleez nobody can hate a barbarian :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i feel so unloved

i remembered a time i lost 30% xp to save the cleric from death and ruining the fb b:cry

but the cleric gives me buffs now anywhere i am b:victory
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Duo AOE grind with a BM is the most wonderful thing from 45~75 o.o, 1 vote for BM >:}
    Doing TT with 3 veno + hercs is the fastest and easiest run, 1 vote for rich veno >:}
    Doing FB/bosses,....1 vote for barb.
    Duo vs magic bosses, another cleric is the best, last vote for cleric xD
    Group grinding at butterfly, Clerics+ Archers+ veno with nix is the best team, 1 vote for archers, clerics and rich veno :P
    hm....no vote for wiz =o
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is very situation dependant IMO. You definitely NEED a tank much of the time such as a Barb or BM (and I have found that with my Cleric BM is just as good as a Barb) but sometimes you want pure magic. For instance, Dismal Shade is best killed by a small group of Clerics LOL. No matter what you DESPERATELY want a puller for FBs in order to avoid being killed by the enemies your "bud" cannot hold down. So in that case a Veno is your best friend.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No matter what you DESPERATELY want a puller for FBs in order to avoid being killed by the enemies your "bud" cannot hold down. So in that case a Veno is your best friend.

Erm No..

If your Cleric and Squad are good enough you can handle the mobs without having to pull them.

I voted wizard because the fastest ive gained EXP is with a wizard. Simples