PW vs WOW

13»

Comments

• Xelea - Heavens Tear
    Xelea - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I play PWI cuz im a poor person living on government cheese.... wat is the subscription fee for WoW again...10$, 12$, or 15$.... srry but when u poor like me u cant spend that much on a game every month...lol... thats y i choose PWI...it a good looking game and its cuz im poor.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    roar! Roar! Rawr! Raor! Roar! Rawr! Pw Is The Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thelonelystoner
    thelonelystoner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    heh i would say WoW is way better the only thing that PW has is character characterization but it dosent have a wide range of clothes and items to customize that character with unless u pay cash but still such a lil selection in clothes u cant really say graphics WoW has its own style. WoW wins by game play tons of skill builds and styles
  • Sidel - Dreamweaver
    Sidel - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have played WoW since the release and am long sick of it but I'll try to stay objective here.

The games are very similar both have decent graphics and sounds. The game play is almost identical. I think one of the major differences is the style and lore of the two game. PW has a very asian feel to it and WoW has a Lord of the Rings/Dungeons and Dragons feel. So to be honest I personally like the overall look and lore of WoW. The various zone are beautiful and stylized in such an amazing way.

However after 2 years of the game all of that loses it's luster and all that is left for you to do is grind out dungeons with raids groups and pvp in battle grounds for months just to get some crappy equipment that will just become usless after the next expantion. Wow is an amazing game but over the years is has become and giant lump of whinny players and class nerfs.

The REAL gem of WoW was the world PvP. Sadly it was never developed correctly and they intrduced Battle Grounds which was stupid IMO, they also introduced resiliance which also warpped PvP and they mess aournd with so many little stupid things (weapon normalization) that I could go on and on and on. When you get into the detial of WoW the game is a mess and the community ... well I'm going to stop my rant!!

Now onto a perfect world, I just started this game becasue it was free 2 play and I was pleasantly suprised at the graphics. I'm not to fond of the asian style RPG and I was really unsure about how to feel about character jumping **** high but I figured I'd do a few quests and see a bit more of the game.

It seems to me that it's pretty well rounded, the quests are pretty mmo standard, armor/weapon drops are nice. Crafting is fun and extencive... it's nice kind of like a diet version of WoW. To be honest the FREE to play means everything to me, it is alot easier to convice your friend to try out a free game. Many people cannot and will not pay to play so PW mean I game the same basic feel of WoW and I can totally have my friends try it out, it's awesome.

The things I don't get from WoW I do not miss. I have no desire to spend months of my life raiding or to be locked up grinding for PvP gear. I want a free, good looking, fun game to play with my friends. So I'm kool with PW.

WoW is still a good game IMO but once I hit end game I would rather take my 15 bucks and buy a new game every 2-3 months, when I hit end game in PW I'm sure I will feel the same about it... I guess then I can just move on and I will have saved hundreds of dollars.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
  • Faceroll - Harshlands
    Faceroll - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I like chocolate b:cute
    Hip hip cheerios Harry Potter
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    stop bumping old, useless threads :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aquilonianbarbar
    aquilonianbarbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hadnt seen it so I for one (probably the only one) appreciate the resucitation of this thread.
This discussion has been closed.