PW vs WOW

Options
ami060308
ami060308 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Chronicles
I've been playing WOW and PW for a few yrs , and I just think PW is always just a lil bit better then WOW. other then the fact i spend more money on PW then WOW ( which is the only thing i dont like about PW ) other wise PW is the best~;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]亽゛o^miss u+kiss u+= love u
╭~~~★ ┈→
╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
☆ ┊ ☆
Post edited by ami060308 on

Comments

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ami060308 wrote: »
    I've been playing WOW and PW for a few yrs , and I just think PW is always just a lil bit better then WOW. other then the fact i spend more money on PW then WOW ( which is the only thing i dont like about PW ) other wise PW is the best~;)

I never really played WoW but my husband has, and from what I know of it being like most standard MMO's wow has stuff to do in endgame where as PW from what I've learned does not other than that PW > WOW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Can't compare the 2...

They have their pros and cons.
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    yea i guess its just me ... i just like PW better~ not that WOW isnt good ... I play wow too but some reason most of my friends prefer PW
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    your right, syle wise its very different~ i just wanted to see wut other ppl think .......... no dopt I'll still play WOW hehe
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    WoW is 100x better than any F2p game. Its a great game, but it gets old like any other game. I cant wait for the Wotlk expansion. Have 3 70s and im going to make a Death Knight and level em up on my friends server.
  • sororor
    sororor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    PW is best. I would say Quality is about equal, but you just can't beat f2p. of course theres a cash shop but you can buy those items in game from any player willing to sell. theres more flexibility and more options in PW, making it a clear winner over WoW
  • blaklabel3
    blaklabel3 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I played WoW for way too long. Aside from them adding interesting instances every once in a while. The difficulty curve on some of them was stupid. I don't like spending most of my week Waiting for Kara to reset so we can go clear it in 4 hours again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Marvel, where the hell is my Deadpool movie?!?!
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    godcrusher wrote: »
    Can't compare the 2...

They have their pros and cons.

The fact they are different is what makes it easy to compare them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    rena Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »
    The fact they are different is what makes it easy to compare them.

I would agree that they are games that can be compared easily but I do not think it being f2p should be viewed as a pro, sense thats outside of the game. Well its obviously who skills in what, which makes things easier

Questing/Grinding : Strange enough from playing both I find PW has better in thid department. In WoW I mostly skiped all dialoge of quest started because it was always so long winded. But I find myself liking the quests in PW much better. But for pure grindfest WoW seems to be easily to perform in.

Party/Dungeon : For me this catogory I find that WoW blows PW out of the water. WoW is based around their Dungeon system. I personally find Dungeon important part of any MMO, probably from my old days playing PSO. PW delivers in the area of dungeons but not close to WoW.

Artwork/graphics : Both games have simular and different styles of artwork. I would have to go with WoW, on full graphics WoW can be very impressive as well I like the artistic direction WoW takes.

Customization : You would tihnk that PW would be a obvious wins in this department of customization. I personally dont think all the minor things like face structure is very important sense you almost never notice minor changes but love how you can choose color and wide array of hair styles as well as the sub races of untamed. But for WoW you have 8 Races to choose from, which each race can choose from about 4 different classes to be. For me I think that wipes PW out of the water with their rather generic races. Not to mention each class in itself is deeper customizable with greater array of spells and adding in the Talent specs which makes each class into 3 individual classes.

PVP : I would say this is a toss up. It just depends what style you like, both are so different, its uttertly impossible to compare. It just depends if you like Conquer style of PVP or Arena style of PVP. I would say that WoW open world pvp makes alot more sense how its constructed then PW.

That should be the main focal points of most MMO, its clear that WoW does come out on top. But they arent the number 1 MMORPG in the world for nothing. Plus stacking on that PW is a ported MMO that lacks a bulk of the already existing content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
    emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
  • nightwish
    nightwish Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I dislike WoW for the simple fact that I hate the color scheme and the character proportions. It's an exagerated version of Warcraft 3.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You cant compare WoW to PW.

WoW is like 5+ years released, PWI is released tommorow, you cant compare two games like that since WoW got updates during those 5+ years its been running.

The only way I see you can compare these two games is if you compare all the features and gameplay of WoW on the first day it was released, to PWI on the first day it was released.

sealed~
  • rena
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »

WoW is like 5+ years released, PWI is released tommorow, you cant compare two games like that since WoW got updates during those 5+ years its been running.

The only way I see you can compare these two games is if you compare all the features and gameplay of WoW on the first day it was released, to PWI on the first day it was released.

sealed~

Thats because no one is comparing PWI in itself but Perfect World in general that been out for about 4 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    WoW has no pros and all cons. It's a terribad game.

Only mmos worth a **** are PW and almost anything NCSoft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Dude you seriously must be like 12 or something. You honestly havent played many decent MMOs if you think these two MMOs are so great. They are pretty lame compared to WoW, WAR, etc. All you find in them is the pvp factor and thats pretty minor for a MMO game.
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    WoW is 100x better than any F2p game. Its a great game, but it gets old like any other game. I cant wait for the Wotlk expansion. Have 3 70s and im going to make a Death Knight and level em up on my friends server.

everybody has different taste ~ o(∩_∩)o...
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    Dude you seriously must be like 12 or something. You honestly havent played many decent MMOs if you think these two MMOs are so great. They are pretty lame compared to WoW, WAR, etc. All you find in them is the pvp factor and thats pretty minor for a MMO game.

for your info im not 12 ...... im 21 same number but different .... ive played many online games in my life just that different PPL has different likes....dont hate its a free world
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    WoW has no pros and all cons. It's a terribad game.

Only mmos worth a **** are PW and almost anything NCSoft.

cant say that ... ive seen alota pros .... well at least im not one of them wakaka
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »

sealed~
    rena wrote: »
    Thats because no one is comparing PWI in itself but Perfect World in general that been out for about 4 years.

yea .... PW has been out for about 4yrs now
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    nightwish wrote: »
    I dislike WoW for the simple fact that I hate the color scheme and the character proportions. It's an exagerated version of Warcraft 3.

yup thats one thing i dont like about it ..... so scary to play in the middle of the night by my self hahahaha
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sororor wrote: »
    PW is best. I would say Quality is about equal, but you just can't beat f2p. of course theres a cash shop but you can buy those items in game from any player willing to sell. theres more flexibility and more options in PW, making it a clear winner over WoW

wut can i say ..... cant wait to spend money ? *cries* that game makes ppl want to spend money
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • ami060308
    edited September 2008
    Options
    rena wrote: »
    I would agree that they are games that can be compared easily but I do not think it being f2p should be viewed as a pro, sense thats outside of the game. Well its obviously who skills in what, which makes things easier

Questing/Grinding : Strange enough from playing both I find PW has better in thid department. In WoW I mostly skiped all dialoge of quest started because it was always so long winded. But I find myself liking the quests in PW much better. But for pure grindfest WoW seems to be easily to perform in.

Party/Dungeon : For me this catogory I find that WoW blows PW out of the water. WoW is based around their Dungeon system. I personally find Dungeon important part of any MMO, probably from my old days playing PSO. PW delivers in the area of dungeons but not close to WoW.

Artwork/graphics : Both games have simular and different styles of artwork. I would have to go with WoW, on full graphics WoW can be very impressive as well I like the artistic direction WoW takes.

Customization : You would tihnk that PW would be a obvious wins in this department of customization. I personally dont think all the minor things like face structure is very important sense you almost never notice minor changes but love how you can choose color and wide array of hair styles as well as the sub races of untamed. But for WoW you have 8 Races to choose from, which each race can choose from about 4 different classes to be. For me I think that wipes PW out of the water with their rather generic races. Not to mention each class in itself is deeper customizable with greater array of spells and adding in the Talent specs which makes each class into 3 individual classes.

PVP : I would say this is a toss up. It just depends what style you like, both are so different, its uttertly impossible to compare. It just depends if you like Conquer style of PVP or Arena style of PVP. I would say that WoW open world pvp makes alot more sense how its constructed then PW.

That should be the main focal points of most MMO, its clear that WoW does come out on top. But they arent the number 1 MMORPG in the world for nothing. Plus stacking on that PW is a ported MMO that lacks a bulk of the already existing content.

well no dopt wow is the number one online game in the world i agree...but i just like PW better just me .....
    ╭~~~★ ┈→
    ╱︶(o'.'o)︶╲ ╱
    ~︶ (~)_(~)`︶~
    ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊  ╭︽╮╭噯╮╭︽╮
    ☆ ┊ ☆
  • rena
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Strange, I was going suggest not post 5 times + in a row. But checked the rules and nothing in the rules said anything against it =p Suppose it can be considered power posting but not really sense post number isnt really visible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clarity - Heavens Tear
    Clarity - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Perfect World International:
    pluses-
    AWESOME textures for the game (and graphics as that)
    Incredibly customizeable character creation(and even after playing the char)
    Great exciting NEW stuff to do(territory wars.... show me a game that has that.... hmm?)
    Tactical play(yet again territory wars....)
    LOTS of new mobs and bosses
    Amazing flight ability for elves and awesome mounts for higher levels(from other races)

minuses-
    Quite... "slow" interface...
    Bad compatibility for the new computers
    Not yet "dynamic" pvp battles as you have to stand in one spot to shoot otherways you cant.
    Boss battles.... dangerous only because they hit alot with melee ... havent seen a boss cast an AOE over the players...
    No gold farmers , GREAT leveling system ^.^

World of Warcraft
    pluses-
    HOLY COW ! massive armory!
    Bosses being PRETTY MUCH OF A CHALLANGE!
    Fast interface(Good compatibility to new comp's)
    MASSIVE world
    Loads of updates giving us new stuff(wich sometimes annoys me :P)

minuses-
    Medium texture quality, 50% of the armory looks the same.
    no difference between players -.- (level 70 and you all look the same....have the same spec... everything about you is the same)
    90% of the mobs are the same.
    GOLD FARMERS! ni hao! :D
    noob company creating it... I mean... they are messing up the game now... nerfing everything that moves... (and even some things that dont move)

For me the verdict is:
    PWI - 8/10 <-- Exciting new stuff, player's suggesstions being taken seriously, GREAT staff!!!! an awesome game is coming here guys(& girls) This is where i will stay :P
    WoW - 5/10 <-- admit it... it is boring, staff will message you by clicking macro's rather than typing.... feels like talking to a robot :P , I dont like it >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miqqelf - Lost City
    Miqqelf - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    PW

+Free
    +Graphics
    +Customization
    +Can fly & swim and actually mobs in air and in water
    -Grindfest (this is in all MMORPG's thought)
    -Boring quests
    -Some translation problems
    -Possible bots spamming gold sites (hope this problem will be solved later on)

WoW

+Dungeons & Instances
    +More races and classes
    +Large world
    -P2P
    -Kids & noobs
    -Graphics
    -Grindfest

Can't say anything about the PvP aspects thought as never experienced them.

Haven't played much WoW so hard to say anything else there. Feel free to quote and add stuff if needed.
  • Clarity - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You made it much easier lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    WoW
    -Awesome emotes

Lol I find them hilarious especially the blood elvs doing the brittany spears dance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clarity - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well if you play for two years(like I did) it gets boring :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well if you play for two years(like I did) it gets boring :P

Lol yeah I only played for about 3 hours then my computer went wacky. Still in the midst of fixing it lol been 2 weeks. But my husband played wow for a really long itme he likes the game though. I have to say though I had fun messing with the emotes they are really the best lol especially the /silly one.

I like the emotes in PWI though too :P like the ones where you can faint or play dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clarity - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Options
    umm /dance /rasp /lol /lie :P i find them very boring XD
    seriously. :P
    or the best thing you can do /emote [your own text here] :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    WoW might be better than PW.

But WoW is a couple years older than PW, and WoW has already reached its peak, PW is far from reaching its peak, with the major updates we will be getting in the feature PW will be way better than WoW.

Zanko~
This discussion has been closed.