Genie Skill Bugs - Report Here

Options
kantorek
kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Hi folks! It's your friendly neighborhood Tiger here.

The new Age of Spirits Expansion brought us new Genies, and also new skills. With the amount of skills available there are bound to be some issues that slip through. If you happen to come across a bug with one of the skills, please post it here in this format:

Name of skill
Current Description of Skill
Actual Effect

Sound good? And here we go!

I will update the post as any more issues are found/fixed. Please remember, this thread is for legitimate bugs/issues ONLY. Any complaints that skill X is overpowered, skill Y is underpowered, or "Genies r teh suk" will be deleted.

As always, we here at Perfect World Entertainment appreciate and thank each and everyone one of you for your continued support in helping us make PWI the great game that it is! b:thanks
朱健诚
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
Post edited by kantorek on

Comments

• Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Reflective Aura doesn't seem to reflect any damage back at your attacker when the description says - Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds Y_Y

Edit - I'll do it properly.

Reflective Aura

Current Description of Skill: Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds
    Actual Effect: Nothing except stamina loss, yay.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Reflective Aura doesn't seem to reflect any damage back at your attacker when the description says - Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds Y_Y

Skill tree lists it will reflect magic damage. But one of my guildmates reported that it doesn't reflect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So we can not get our stuff back for investing into something that said it did what we needed it to do?

Cuz I went to the stuff just for that healing skill and I coulda just went for the tree of protection instead....
  • Schism - Harshlands
    Schism - Harshlands Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Skill tree lists it will reflect magic damage. But one of my guildmates reported that it doesn't reflect.

Mhm tested it in a duel against a cleric, wasted 2400 of my genies stamina.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So we can not get our stuff back for investing into something that said it did what we needed it to do?

Cuz I went to the stuff just for that healing skill and I coulda just went for the tree of protection instead....

The skill will probably be fixed... hence why they're asking for the bug reports.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I bought healing and it doesn't "heal health" like I was told it would, so I invested points I can't get back into that instead of something so I could get Tree Of Healing.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just deal with it really, if you don't want it, just get rid of it, and save up more spirit for Tree. Or you can wait and see when they fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the skill description under skill inquiry on genie page for faith does not say it grants a chance of status immunity.
    lvl 1 faith actual skill description says it gives u 10% chance of status immunity for 5seconds
    lvl 3 faith skill description also still says gives 10% chance of status immunity for 5 seconds.

i have not actually tested the skill out, however with it being a lvl 15 advanced skill i was expecting something more than... a 10% chance and 5 seconds which does not increase. i suspect this is a bug but if not just delete this post then
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • whtknght007
    whtknght007 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The description of the Rainbow Blessing skill says that it requires the race Winged Elf, but when you go to add the skill it says it's for clerics only. I'm an Archer that wanted that skill. :(
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Rainbow Blessing
    Randomly increases targets physical attack, magic attack, critical hit rate or the channeling time. Required Race: Winged Elfes

Its a cleric only spell. Unfortunatly i realized this after i already allocated my points :/

Edit: Too late...
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    skills like extreme poison and others that allow bonus stats
    ex:
    every 10 genie dex skill gets +1% damage,

my genie has 77 dex and the skill only still has 20% and not 27%

dunno if this is a hidden effect or a bug

*Ps. send a ticked about this cuz didnt know about this thread..sry*
    b:surrender
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
    b:chuckle
  • kantorek
    edited May 2009
    Options
    skills like extreme poison and others that allow bonus stats
    ex:
    every 10 genie dex skill gets +1% damage,

my genie has 77 dex and the skill only still has 20% and not 27%

dunno if this is a hidden effect or a bug

*Ps. send a ticked about this cuz didnt know about this thread..sry*
    b:surrender

Hello,

The tool tip % only reflects the base value of the damage. Any additional +1% damage will not be shown there.

BTW: Updated two skill issues. Thanks guys!
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jayjayx
    jayjayx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wind Shield
    Decreases damage taken and increases attack rate and evasion for 8 seconds.
    Does all of the above but only lasts 2 seconds.
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Skill name : Hollow Fist

Causes triple damage to targets in the air
    Only usable on ground

Description typo ?
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tree of Protection

Description: Increases max HP by 15% for 5 seconds and restores full HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Issue: Skill intermittently does not run for full time. Still testing, but approx. 50% of the time the skill will only last for 2-3 seconds or will not appear to work at all.
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Hello,

The tool tip % only reflects the base value of the damage. Any additional +1% damage will not be shown there.

BTW: Updated two skill issues. Thanks guys!

First: sorry for the double post, but I only just saw this, and I wasn't sure how to add a quote to previous post.

Second: Re: highlighted text: To help clarify this for other players, players that don't access the forums, or for new players, would it not make sense to edit the Genie skills so they work like the normal char skills in that the upgrades are reflected in the skill text in blue font?
  • kantorek
    edited May 2009
    Options
    First: sorry for the double post, but I only just saw this, and I wasn't sure how to add a quote to previous post.

Second: Re: highlighted text: To help clarify this for other players, players that don't access the forums, or for new players, would it not make sense to edit the Genie skills so they work like the normal char skills in that the upgrades are reflected in the skill text in blue font?

Definitely something we'll keep in mind!
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Skill name : Hollow Fist

Causes triple damage to targets in the air
    Only usable on ground

Description typo ?
    While you have to be standing on the group to cast it, it is a ranged skill that can hit players in the air.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tree of Protection

Description: Increases max HP by 15% for 5 seconds and restores full HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Issue: Skill intermittently does not run for full time. Still testing, but approx. 50% of the time the skill will only last for 2-3 seconds or will not appear to work at all.

This is the same problem that I have. When I used it, it lasted for approximately 2 secs. Ater I increased my dex to 40, it lasted for 3 seconds.

Please fix this to 5 secs.

Thank you,
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    jayjayx wrote: »
    Wind Shield

Since the GMs are frequenting this thread, any confirmation on this skill <bug/intended> ?

I saw someone else state the same thing in an another post as well. Havent got a chance to test it myself yet.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    forgot what I was going to type.... please delete.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kantorek
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Since the GMs are frequenting this thread, any confirmation on this skill <bug/intended> ?

I saw someone else state the same thing in an another post as well. Havent got a chance to test it myself yet.

~Morgul

"Wind Shield
    Does all of the above but only lasts 2 seconds."

Our testing has never been able to confirm this issue. The least amount of duration we experienced was 7 seconds (Base Dex = 5). At Dex = 50, the duration lasted 8 seconds. We will be modifying the base duration to 7 seconds but as far as we can tell, it is working as intended.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Our testing has never been able to confirm this issue. The least amount of duration we experienced was 7 seconds (Base Dex = 5). At Dex = 50, the duration lasted 8 seconds. We will be modifying the base duration to 7 seconds but as far as we can tell, it is working as intended.

Thanks for responding. I will personally test this when I get home and update what I find.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • Kytalia - Heavens Tear
    Kytalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Healing Ripple of Rebirth

Skill Inquiry Description:
    Constantly regenerates the Health and Mana of friendly targets around you
    Only available in the water

Actual:
    The learn window shows that this skill is also class restricted to clerics.
  • jayjayx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wind Shield

So, looking into this one as well GM's ? If anyone is having similiar problems, id like to hear about it as well hopefully.
  • kantorek
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So, looking into this one as well GM's ? If anyone is having similiar problems, id like to hear about it as well hopefully.

Please refer to post #23
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jayjayx
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok, thx for response and i retested it again and counted. does go for 8 secs now. maybe before i was lagging >.<
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    life drain " drains health from all targets within 15 meters. causes 1154.4 water damage and heals you for 5% of your max hp" thats lv 10

it does not heal you for 5% of you max hp- it does steal life from enemies but either the skill is not right or the descrpiton is wrong
  • deathmarine
    deathmarine Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tree of Protection

Tree of Protection

Actual Effect: last for 6 sec as supposed to for me.
    but my problem is this. Instantly restores 50% of missing hp after 3 sec. and restore any renaming hp that I miss at 6 sec mark this is same time as my hp bar goes down to normal.

So got different problem. have not noticed problem with shorter time. Got lvl 5
  • kelly808
    kelly808 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Air Strand is bugged I believe. The skill says stun target for 5 seconds, and 50% chance to stun yourself for 4 seconds. But the actual is "seal" not "stun"

I tested it in duel and my target and myself could use skills while we were "stunned"