Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    19/80 b:victory
  • Yuggy - Heavens Tear
    Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No doubt there will be a cash shop item to help make higher lucky point "status symbol" genies.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    level 40: 15/40
    level 80: 39/80
    level 81: 32/80
    level 70: 36/70
    level 10: 1/10
    level 30: 6/30
    level 92: 56/90 (good enough ffs D:)

b:bye 25mil spirit
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    54/80 lvl 85

Wasted too much spirit now to try a new genie:(
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Sirk - Heavens Tear
    Sirk - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I had a theory about growth and stamina...

What if stamina is akin to loyalty with pets.
    If the stamina gets above 500k the growth rate increases like the experience gain for pets.

Has anyone put this much stamina into a genie to confirm or deny this theory?
  • aazadan
    aazadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Here's a question, has anyone gotten anything other than a growth stat of 50 on their genie?
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm aware of that. It's just virtually impossible that one of the few hundred people who've read this thread would've gotten a 1 in 12.5 million genie on pure chance alone. The guy a couple posts up with genies with excessively low luck scores are also exceedingly unlikely based on pure chance.

Or perhaps each 10 levels it just gives a random roll from 1 to 10, so there is actually no "full luck" genie from birth, it's all just purely random and luck of the draw.

For instance the first couple of lucky boosts you could get 1/10 then 2/20 but the next set of boosts could be all 10/10 for 3 boosts which would make what seemed like a sucky genie become a decent"ish" genie.

Without having any data to go off though it's purely speculation and I doubt we'll get enough data to check how it works because most folk will not have the patience or guts to risk pumping more XP into a genie which has given them 2/20 and will likely prefer to reroll
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    19/80 b:victory

you win b:surrender
  • valorien
    valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I had a theory about growth and stamina...

What if stamina is akin to loyalty with pets.
    If the stamina gets above 500k the growth rate increases like the experience gain for pets.

Has anyone put this much stamina into a genie to confirm or deny this theory?

bump this theory.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    3/30 hereb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    guess mine is the rarestb:dirty
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    valorien wrote: »
    bump this theory.

I bought a ton of chi stones before genies were released, because I knew they'd all be gone afterward. The first genie I got was not anything close to pink/light purple, so I of course had to get a new one. After getting Infliction I maxed its stamina, raised it to level 81, and still only got 52/80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • valorien
    valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    right but did it's growth change or is it still 50?
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    valorien wrote: »
    right but did it's growth change or is it still 50?

still says 50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    A guildmate of mine has a 80/80 genie without feeding chi stones. I think its just luck based.
  • RazMan - Lost City
    RazMan - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just because your genie gets sucky stats in the beginning does not mean it will continue to suck. my first lucky points was 3/10 then after that i got a few 9 and 10s, then a 1 and then more 9s and 10s. Genie currently is 62/80. In the end I am glad I stuck with it.

Unfortunately, with the randomness of the lucky points, its hard to tell if it will ever imporve, but if you get it to 30 and still got low lucky points, it is doubtful u will get it over 61+ lucky point very easily.

-Da RazMan
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    A guildmate of mine has a 80/80 genie without feeding chi stones. I think its just luck based.

screenie or it didnt happen plz :P

i have a 54/90 which Im playing around with.

also have a 73/80 atm which I probably will not touch for AWHILE.

Growth should be effected by something either we havent figured it out yet or as others have said will have a cash shop items soon.

One thing we havent seen yet that could be an option is that growth will improve with use, considering how new these are this theory will be niether proved or disproved for a while.

I expect to see both genie stamina food, genie resets, and growth rate changes implemented in the CS soon. Would be nice to get these soon rather than later. but we shall see.

Anyone have any update from the chinese servers on this?
  • Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
    Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    100/100 b:victory
    -Please insert coin-
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Based on what I'm seeing (bunch o genies across my chars) and asking my faction, the lucky points certainly don't seem random. Fully half of the lucky point gains I've gotten have been 1/10 (n = ~15). People in my faction seemed to agree.
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok enough about the points..who is down for buying the armors b:chuckleb:laugh
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • TitTees_ - Sanctuary
    TitTees_ - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    64/80

I think it gets cooler looking if you have more lucky points
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Question is, do all genies roll the same random die? Or does each genie have a hidden luck stat which skews its die rolls higher or lower? Chances of getting that 77/80 genie by pure chance alone with "fair" dice would be 1 in 12.5 million, and I *know* there aren't anywhere near 12.5 million people reading this forum. It makes me suspect some genies are "born lucky" while others are not.

If correct, this would suggest a strategy of decomposing genies which appear to be unlucky quickly, before you've spent much exp/spirit on them. Unfortunately doing this has a self-fulfilling prophecy effect on skewing the data. "Unlucky" genies get decomposed at low level so we never find out if they remain unlucky. "Lucky" genies who appear to turn unlucky get similarly decomposed. And all we're left with are "Lucky" genies who managed to stay lucky, perhaps by pure chance alone rather than some hidden stat.

It's basically "Survival of the Fittest" where the ones that are "sub-par" don't survive while the ones that are above average do. Sorta like how Spartans looked at babies to determine if they were fit to live in their society or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm aware of that. It's just virtually impossible that one of the few hundred people who've read this thread would've gotten a 1 in 12.5 million genie on pure chance alone. The guy a couple posts up with genies with excessively low luck scores are also exceedingly unlikely based on pure chance.

Whether or not it's likely or unlikely, it can still happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    70/90, I'm not interested in wasting spirit on making another so I'm good for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    64/80

I think it gets cooler looking if you have more lucky points

hey, **** I thought you called it fat and ugly after it fully evolved b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Mine is 61/70^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • AliceLiddell - Sanctuary
    AliceLiddell - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    30/30 on my offence genie, currently hopping on one foot and touching my left temple so I don't jinx it, lol.

EDIT:-Posted on wrong character, d'oh
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Btw... Chances of a perfect genie at lv 100 (100/100)

= 0.1^10 = 10^-8 % = 0.00000001%
    1 out of 10,000,000

I would who's the lucky person?
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Zeonus - Heavens Tear
    Zeonus - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    7/40. **** me.
  • aazadan
    aazadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That's only the chances if a 10 is a 10% chance which we don't know for certian. If a 10 is a 20% chance it would be a .00001024% chance which is about 1 in 97656.

Given what the bug thread said about there not currently being a way to alter the growth stat, and the sheer number of people with 80/80, 70/70, and so on considering the number that play PWI, either we're rather lucky as a playerbase or it's not an equal chance for each stat gain.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    aazadan wrote: »
    That's only the chances if a 10 is a 10% chance which we don't know for certian. If a 10 is a 20% chance it would be a .00001024% chance which is about 1 in 97656.

Given what the bug thread said about there not currently being a way to alter the growth stat, and the sheer number of people with 80/80, 70/70, and so on considering the number that play PWI, either we're rather lucky as a playerbase or it's not an equal chance for each stat gain.

The chance for a 10 would be, at most, a 10% chance, and if it was anything but 10% it would be lower than 10%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]