hou much lucky points ur genies got?

Options

Comments

• aazadan
    aazadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Not necessarily.

First of all there's the chance that higher levels have higher average rolls. That's not something that has been proven or disproven.
    Second of all there's the chance that rolls are weighted more towards the edges (for example, 13% on 1/10, 11% on 2/9, 10% on 3/8, 9% on 4/7, 7% on 5/6).
    Third there's the chance rolls are weighted to favor high numbers more (or low numbers, or middle numbers, much like the second point)
    Fourth there's balance factors currently in the game, it's possible to see what they consider a balanced rate of entry for the top end weapons, just by going through the DB. Then look at the actual difference between say a 91/100 and a 100/100 stat wise. 9 points, (4 points of stats as a genie at that point will softcap each stat, or greatly softcap an individual stat). The power return doesn't justify the rarity, based on other extremely powerful items in the game already.

In short, points 1, 2, and 3 can't be proven or disproven right now (or most other lucky point distributions for that matter), and point 4 is simply logic based on other game additions.

I'm not saying they're not going to be rare, if they want genies to last for a long time, a 100/100 is obviously going to be difficult to get in order to serve as a high level exp sink until player max levels change, but that doesn't necessarily mean the chance is going to be .00000001% (1 in 100,000,000) or less. 1/15,000 (or maybe cash shop augmented 1/500 or something) would be more believable. Though my proof of this is simply looking at other rare things in the game, which isn't a whole lot better than assuming each set of lucky points must be a 10% chance per point because there's 10 points.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I heard on harshlands of someone getting 8/80 points. I can't confirm it though. ;o
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    aazadan wrote: »
    Given what the bug thread said about there not currently being a way to alter the growth stat, and the sheer number of people with 80/80, 70/70, and so on considering the number that play PWI, either we're rather lucky as a playerbase or it's not an equal chance for each stat gain.

sheer number of people that got 70/70 and 80/80 ROFL WHO? noone in this thread. again screen shot or it didnt happen. I have seen a 77 /80 and a 74/90 those are the 2 highest i have seen out of hundreds. Where are these really lucky people i want to see.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    2/20 and 4/20. Bleah.
  • aazadan
    edited May 2009
    Options
    sheer number of people that got 70/70 and 80/80 ROFL WHO? noone in this thread. again screen shot or it didnt happen. I have seen a 77 /80 and a 74/90 those are the 2 highest i have seen out of hundreds. Where are these really lucky people i want to see.

Sheer number being 3. Given the sample size and the assumed rarity, that's quite a few.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I will reword what I said because you didn't understand it the first time.

It is unlikely that the chance to roll a TEN is higher than 10%.

aazadan wrote: »
    *snipped*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    42/70, started out as 30/30 though, wish it stayed that good =[
  • TitTees_ - Sanctuary
    TitTees_ - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hey, **** I thought you called it fat and ugly after it fully evolved b:chuckle

Its fat and ugly and cool looking :P

I <3 my fatbutted moth
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    37/40

im a bit nervous to level the thing to 50 but luckily i only have a little under 300k spirit right now so not enough to keep leveling it

but when the time comes b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Question is, do all genies roll the same random die? Or does each genie have a hidden luck stat which skews its die rolls higher or lower? Chances of getting that 77/80 genie by pure chance alone with "fair" dice would be 1 in 12.5 million, and I *know* there aren't anywhere near 12.5 million people reading this forum. It makes me suspect some genies are "born lucky" while others are not.

If correct, this would suggest a strategy of decomposing genies which appear to be unlucky quickly, before you've spent much exp/spirit on them. Unfortunately doing this has a self-fulfilling prophecy effect on skewing the data. "Unlucky" genies get decomposed at low level so we never find out if they remain unlucky. "Lucky" genies who appear to turn unlucky get similarly decomposed. And all we're left with are "Lucky" genies who managed to stay lucky, perhaps by pure chance alone rather than some hidden stat.

Yes, the whole determined by growth thing needs to be clarified *VOTES FOR CLARIFICATION*
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Btw... Chances of a perfect genie at lv 100 (100/100)

= 0.1^10 = 10^-8 % = 0.00000001%
    1 out of 10,000,000

Actually, that's 1 in 10,000,000,000 (10 billion).

The increases I've seen so far seem skewed towards the extremes. I've gotten a ton of 1s, two 2s, one 7, two 9s, and three 10s.
  • aazadan
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've seen the same thing with a 9, 10, 1, 2, 10
  • mcburress
    mcburress Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Last 5 lucky point rolls : 2,1,1,1,1 :(
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    37/40
    it started suckish but it got better b:pleased
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    my genie is lvl 10 and its luck points currently say 9/10

i guess im a little confused. .out of 10 points i get 9. . how are all of you getting 54/80 and stuff

and where exactly do you tell if your genie is a rare one or not ha??

yes big noobb:byeb:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    cause they lvl their genie.........
    lvl 80 would be 54/80
    every 10 lvls you get lucky points
    x/y
    x is how much you got
    y is how much you could have gotten
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    cause they lvl their genie.........
    lvl 80 would be 54/80
    every 10 lvls you get lucky points
    x/y
    x is how much you got
    y is how much you could have gotten

well simple enough
  • Leaderalan - Lost City
    Leaderalan - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsakenx
  • Marguarite - Sanctuary
    Marguarite - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have little lluck with my one got 30/30 lucky point but then 32/50 I was sad but Tried to do next level and? next 10points b:victory so I my genie have 42/60lp I wonder if try to make next round..
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1.)i give a s**t about lucky points
    2.) u wrote genie wrong
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol @ spelling in the title xD genius yay

Longevity: 41/80 for solo purposes, support skills

Zeal: 45/70 for FBs with Holy Path and luring skill

Both transformed once but I got no hope that my Longevity will transform again xD At least my Zeal is a bit more lucky b:cute
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My genie was a 27/30....but now I'm stuck with a painfully average 35/70 b:surrender

I wonder when the big and obvious cash shop item to reset lucky points and retry will be released?
  • XAmraelx - Sanctuary
    XAmraelx - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ---23/30---- same level as me
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    50/70...same lvl as me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My genie's 66/70 lucky points......gonna sell it, though.....I need the cash b:surrender
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    36/60 rofl
    Quit.
  • Argalon - Dreamweaver
    Argalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    61/80 Zeal genie

Dont see many fully evolved genies here, kindof surprised really. Though walking around Dreamweaver I've only seen maybe 3 other fully evolved genies... Mines the only Zeal I've seen tho b:victory

I'm happy I barely squeaked by, but I was at 58/70 before I leveled it up b:angry

Now my fiance wants me to make her a fully evolved Discipline... because well, its easy apparantly? b:question That's what she thinks anyway b:surrender
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i was given a genie that was 22/80 b:cute
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i was given a genie that was 22/80 b:cute
    lol lucky you b:cute
    Quit.
  • riverain
    riverain Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1 just lved my genie to 61 last night and ended up with a pretty evolved Long genie with 50/60 luck points :)

My lv 52 has 35/50 too