things that annoy me in this forum

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, I'll agree with that.
    "r" and "dat" is pretty annoying, but "u" is still pretty bare-able in my opinion.
    And some short acronyms, like "imo", "brb", "iirc", is perfectly fine too since those are used even on official IRC chats such as the mozilla developer channels and such. I think those are normal.

But it does get VERY annoying when people start typing like:
    "dat izz soooo ridiculus man, u rly outta rethink it!"

By the way, its "English", not "english" ;)
    All languages referenced by the English language should be specified with a capital letter =)

You comment on not capitalising English, but you don't comment on the complete lack on any capitals anywhere such as the start of sentences, and the lack of apostrophes in contractions such as you're.
    I would have thought english instead of English to be far more forgivable.

Poor grammar annoys me more than chatspeak. Every time I see someone mix up your and you're it causes me pain.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    By the way, its "English", not "english" ;)
    dont mistake laziness for stupidity.

@zephyr.
    the last line is i dont like people who cant spell "enough" like enuff. thats not a word.

@ lazerz
    if you wanna be annoying, try tiping liek dis in evry1 of ur posts and mayB u mite b considerd annoyin' 4 a bit :D.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    people using MY-EN terms
    -TT, not HH
    -charm, not hiero
    -classes, example venomancer, not WF.

people who use the emoticon "Q_Q" like its a verb, which looks nothing like crying compared to T_T or Y_Y etc.

people calling a phoenix a 'nix'

bumping of dead threads

lack of mod action on dead threads

people who use "english isnt my native language!" as an excuse to spell incorrectly

those who use chat speak (u r ghey doesnt qualify as proper)

those who make constant spam threads about phoenixes

lack of mod action on threads about phoenixes

people who cant get it through their head PVP is bugged and not phoenixes

repeat threads

lack of merging of repeat threads

PVP server players who think theyre a gift from god

people who spell enough as enuff or drop the E.

among many many other things

rant over.

What annoys me is people who make threads complaining what annoys them.

WE JUST DON'T CARE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
    edited May 2009
    What annoys me is people who make threads complaining what annoys them.

WE JUST DON'T CARE!
    if you dont care, then dont post, idiot. you dont need to read my rant.

added to the list: venomancers who have some reference to the word venomancer of fox in their name.
    edited May 2009
    if you dont care, then dont post, idiot. you dont need to read my rant.

added to the list: venomancers who have some reference to the word venomancer of fox in their name.

And add to mine Venomancer twits who feel the need to whine and complain, and tell others what they don't like trying to make everyone conform to what they want. It's a forum for a damn video game fool. People have the right to say "Nix", and "Enuf" and do whatever the hell they please. Quit trying to be some sort of forum police, or some self righteous freak, and just play the damn game. Nobody cares what you like or don't like. And if you think somebody does, then your even more sad than we already thought you to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
    edited May 2009
    and who said i was commanding anyone to conform, dumbass? theres not one order, or imperative statement in this entire thread. if you dont care, why are you all heated up around the collar and complaining in it, hm? im allowed to complain and say what i dislike all i want, and you cant do **** about it. before you go accusing someone of being self righteous, go take a look in the mirror, condescending little twit.
    edited May 2009
    Then why make a thread about what YOUR dislikes are? Do you really think your someone important "enuf" for anyone to really care what you like and dislike?

Some of the things you listed, I can actually agree with, but I see no point in making a thread about it. Because I'm not egotistical "enuf" to actually think anybody would actually give a ratz azz.

Then again, as I said it is just a forum for a video game, so whatever. I guess none of this really matters. Including my opinion, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
    edited May 2009
    the point of a rant is called "venting." no one is supposed to care. no one should even take it to heart, so what if something annoys me, you have a difference of opinion, keep it to yourself. thats something no one would care about either.
    edited May 2009
    the point of a rant is called "venting." no one is supposed to care. no one should even take it to heart, so what if something annoys me, you have a difference of opinion, keep it to yourself. thats something no one would care about either.

Then we argee on something then. Nobody should care about what either of us think, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No offense, just my oppinion on the topic is theres No sense in being annoyed by a forum or what people post in them. because for one as with any online community forums, chatrooms etc there will always be posts and people who annoy someone. Which in the end makes points such as the ones made here, completely pointless. I like to speak my mind to the fullest like alot of people do. But if the things that are being complained about come from people who dont care less then its a wasted effort to start with.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think not only your tolerance level is down but your direction of anger is wrong too. There are people out there who have English as their first language and still have difficulty spelling, and using correct grammar terms. I myself because of a handicap make many errors. Although, I use spell check it does not always catch every little mistake I make. Second you give so much focus on unnecessary things. Such a little thing to rant about, and it sounds a lot like you let your anger build and build. If everyday life is so hard for you and venting is something you need to do, wouldn't it be better to direct your stress positively instead of negatively.

What I mean is venting usually comes from a lot of pent up anger, usually you blow up over something little, but in truth it's about something much larger. Attacking people isn't a healthy way of venting at all. Believe me your list attacks at players that don't play or speak the way you do. When I' get stressed like that or upset instead of attacking others, I paint, or go jogging. Sometimes I listen to music, or write poetry. I release my anger in the proper way. Less people are offended and I develop a more tolerance of others.

Although you're venting and you say you don't care what everyone thinks. How come you posted this on the forums for everyone to see, knowing you would get the negative responses you did? If you didn't care what people think wouldn't this be something you would keep to yourself. I believe you meant to cut down other people in order to make yourself feel better. Not only that but when someone disagreed with you already you blew up at them and added something about them to your list of things you dislike. Then you tell him to keep his opinion to himself. Earlier you said you didn't write this to make people conform to your way of thinking, but your words and actions show something else. If you vent on the forums, in fact if you post anything on the forums everyone has the write to disagree and therefor state it. If you don't like it then don't post snobbish **** like this.
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    These things annoy me in-game too and the words "kinky, hun, cookies, and etc."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Quite honestly, you annoy me more than any of the things you just stated. You make useless posts, not at all contributing to any discussion the thread generated, you put down other people, contradict yourself throughout the many posts and threads you make and make useless threads to somehow clarify your actions(?) which don't even make sense in the first place. This is my personal opinion of you through the threads and posts you have made. You can choose to reply to me, however, I will not read it, I don't really want to engage in an "argument" with you, therefore, you will get no response.

Agreed with this.

Nothing personal, but this topic seems like another way to get people to center their attention on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    so much anger in this threadb:chuckle. Give me something to read while doing world questb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Quite honestly, you annoy me more than any of the things you just stated. You make useless posts, not at all contributing to any discussion the thread generated, you put down other people, contradict yourself throughout the many posts and threads you make and make useless threads to somehow clarify your actions(?) which don't even make sense in the first place. This is my personal opinion of you through the threads and posts you have made. You can choose to reply to me, however, I will not read it, I don't really want to engage in an "argument" with you, therefore, you will get no response.
    if i do that to you, then my purpose in life is fufilled.
    SuccessfulTrollisSuccessful.jpg
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ..This is pathetic.
    You repeated posts about the pheonix in that too, you know.
    I dont get how people GET SO ANNOYED by things like this. Just ignore it, geez. Dont be so OCD about stuff.
    "english is not my native language"
    Hey! not everyone in the world is english you know. There are alot of non-english speaking people in the world. What proof do you have that english ISNT their native language and they are saying that as an excuse? How much proof do you have? What, a friend does that?
    Just because most people on the internet is american doesnt mean that the whole thing is made up of americans.
    Or are you just annoyed that there are non-english people on the internet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    only 1 thing annoys me and its people who make STUPID posts such as THIS one to complaing. and in there LIST of complaints is SPAMMING frousm...Hmmm This THREAD reminds me of a SPAM LoL....anyways oh well its a freaking internet chat anyways...so people can speak any which way as long as its english. so ENUFF of yer crying and get ON with the gaming or go ELSEWHERE and play. ENUFF said.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    These things annoy me in-game too and the words "kinky, hun, cookies, and etc."

lol yeah...and in this game theres dudes that say "hun". It's ****in wierd.
    edited May 2009
    You repeated posts about the pheonix in that too, you know.
    i made posts defending my class against idiots spamming **** junk defaming phoenixes and my class. not repeating threads like "OMG PHOENIX IS OP."
    lol yeah...and in this game theres dudes that say "hun". It's ****in wierd.
    yes, and hearing "you lost the game," obsessions with baked goods, among other things in wc too. all freakin ugh, eiohfalrjgkethb
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well at least it's clear indication that Tearvalerin is genuine female and not a guy dressed as girl (though yes unless you've actually met no one can be really 100% sure). From what I understand women sometimes need to rant these things out of their system. So I hope you felt better after it and... maybe see you in game. b:victory
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    holy **** this one is still going on??
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Things that annoy me about this forum:

People that make up threads to whine about something.

People that think they're trolling, when in fact, they aren't.

People who believe correct spelling of a word, means they can leave out all forms of grammar within their sentence.

People that use : instead of = in place of the eyes in a smiley. (example: :) instead of =). )

People that abbreviate several words into a few letters. (example: idk, fyi, afaik, iirc)

People who **** all the time.

People who think they know what they're talking about.

Venomancer's giving tips on how to PK.

Among many other things.
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    looky i found a hill billy

=). )
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think not only your tolerance level is down but your direction of anger is wrong too. There are people out there who have English as their first language and still have difficulty spelling, and using correct grammar terms. I myself because of a handicap make many errors. Although, I use spell check it does not always catch every little mistake I make. Second you give so much focus on unnecessary things. Such a little thing to rant about, and it sounds a lot like you let your anger build and build. If everyday life is so hard for you and venting is something you need to do, wouldn't it be better to direct your stress positively instead of negatively.

What I mean is venting usually comes from a lot of pent up anger, usually you blow up over something little, but in truth it's about something much larger. Attacking people isn't a healthy way of venting at all. Believe me your list attacks at players that don't play or speak the way you do. When I' get stressed like that or upset instead of attacking others, I paint, or go jogging. Sometimes I listen to music, or write poetry. I release my anger in the proper way. Less people are offended and I develop a more tolerance of others.

Although you're venting and you say you don't care what everyone thinks. How come you posted this on the forums for everyone to see, knowing you would get the negative responses you did? If you didn't care what people think wouldn't this be something you would keep to yourself. I believe you meant to cut down other people in order to make yourself feel better. Not only that but when someone disagreed with you already you blew up at them and added something about them to your list of things you dislike. Then you tell him to keep his opinion to himself. Earlier you said you didn't write this to make people conform to your way of thinking, but your words and actions show something else. If you vent on the forums, in fact if you post anything on the forums everyone has the write to disagree and therefor state it. If you don't like it then don't post snobbish **** like this.

Word!
    Thats the smartest post Ive read all day.
    And oh, I cant use apostrophes since that deletes my entire post for some reason when writing in the PWI forum but I guess without explaining that would make me a total morron according to the writer of this topic.
    Im actually a bit embarrassed to keep this post bumped but I am very bored and I happened to read this thread amongst others and it made me react.
    I have also ranted out on people before so Im no angel like that. Ive been mad on people in the forum being rude and insensitive but I know now making posts about it just brings out more damage than good. People simply dont care. I usually read, paint, go for a walk and listen to music or something like that when Im angry and thats way more healthy than trying to act superior and telling others what they should and should not do in an international forum. But I did enjoy Aoes answer here, she (or he) is correct in MY oppinion. And ofc the writer of this topic or someone else will tell me Im wrong in this and that. At least thats my experience, no matter what you say, if you mean good or bad, you will always have someone tell you you are dead wrong and the argue continues. I wont even bother to read this thread after posting this though. Theres really no use. People have always and will always have different oppinions on things and posting a thread like this to begin with is just pointless really. Thats not because Im not capable of handling criticism, its because I will defend my point of views in the matter and it will go on and on, continuing being a silly topic because people will just argue whos right and wrong. I just had some minutes to spare to share my view. Thank you for reading though.

Oh and I love making smileys like this (^_^) ...thats gotta hurt, lol. Its called expressing yourself and I think in a smart way at that.
  • Zostar - Harshlands
    Zostar - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    people who type " ^^ or ^___^"

I type that...b:sad....b:surrender
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^________________________________________________^

';.........,.....,.....,......,....;'

...just stopping by b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    QUOTE]

Well if you're not willing to take the effort, then don't make pointless threads about others. You have done multiple things from your own list in this thread HILARIOUS!

I believe this would be one of those annoying and pointless threads that you want the moderators to kill right? Let
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    the only time anything on my list is done by myself is for pointing out an obvious disgust for it. such as in the list "people who call a phoenix, 'nix' " that doesnt count.

pointless and annoying threads isnt in my list either, so i believe youre making things up off the spot like half the forum does and considers it fact.

Zoe does it all the time! so it must be ok!

also ****...
    QUOTE]

if youre going to quote something, do it right. otherwise, dont post two bit nonsense ****.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well if you're not willing to take the effort, then don't make pointless threads about others. You have done multiple things from your own list in this thread HILARIOUS!

I believe this would be one of those annoying and pointless threads that you want the moderators to kill right? Let

Hilarious? The only thing I see missing from Tear's original post is a lack of grammar. He hadn't pointed that out, so I don't see how he's done anything in his list.

Oh, also, good job with the whole lack of completing your sentence, thing. Good try though. Thumbs up for effort.
  • Zostar - Harshlands
    Zostar - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if youre going to quote something, do it right. otherwise, dont post two bit nonsense ****.

b:beatenup b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.