Is Flesh Ream REALLY bugged?

Options
Nayiro - Sanctuary
Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
From what I hear, it's the same on ALL version, you guys ever think that maybe, it's NOT bugged?

(Not QQ or Flaming BTW)

EDIT: Yes I DO have a Veno (lvl 52, working on a 'Nix =])
Back.
Post edited by Nayiro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dunno maybe on the phoenix its not really bugged and just really hits that hard, its base attack + 200% over 9s.

at 90 they have 4096 + 30% attack, slap that hit + 200% of that ridiculously high attack, and maybe the bleed isnt bugged so much after all. 95% of these people who call it messed up dont even have venos, so who knows, anyone wanna do the math?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    From what I hear, it's the same on ALL version, you guys ever think that maybe, it's NOT bugged?

(Not QQ or Flaming BTW)

<slaps forehead>
    oh well
    <pulls lawn chair>
    <grabs a drink>
    <grabs some popcorn>
    <sits back and enjoys the fireworks/flamefest>
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    <slaps forehead>
    oh well
    <pulls lawn chair>
    <grabs a drink>
    <grabs some popcorn>
    <sits back and enjoys the fireworks/flamefest>

At least we'll have a slightly differnt show right?
    Back.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Actually, from what I ascertained from other similar forums, it's neither the Phoenix nor the Flesh Ream skill that are bugged. However, it is the lack of PvP damage reduction from the use of said skill that is causing the grief.

Oh, and as for flames...this'll have to do, 'kay? ^_^ b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Leonnator - Sanctuary
    Leonnator - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There have been many posts about and I think it isn't, the DEV just haven't made OP skills for other classes yetb:thanks

Here are some of my ideas

Barb-Make true form give them 200% hp

BM-A passive skill that make all their AOE have 2x range

Wiz-A chance to do 2xdmg on spells

Cleric-A special item that makes them cast a IH on themself when they do a attackb:dirty

Archer-A item that let's them have 1.5x range

There all balancedb:chuckle
    Casters FTWb:victory
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Actually, from what I ascertained from other similar forums, it's neither the Phoenix nor the Flesh Ream skill that are bugged. However, it is the lack of PvP damage reduction from the use of said skill that is causing the grief.

Oh, and as for flames...this'll have to do, 'kay? ^_^ b:angry

Yes thats why people say its "bugged" because it deals full damage in PvP
    Back.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, it's kinda the only skill that has that...I mean, a barb's Flesh Ream doesn't do that...only one pertaining to Veno's pets. Honestly, I think that the reduction should be applied to Flesh Ream (note how I did not use the words "bug" or "fixed") when pets use it...but it doesn't effect me that much at the moment, since I'm not really a PvP'er...I'ma big ol' carebear. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When the game was originally designed there was no nix/herc pets. The highest attack damage pet was the scorpion which does 2 digit damage in pvp because of the reduction. Therefore the venos pet was not of any significance in pvp as it deals 2 digits and dies in 2-3 hits which disadvantaged venos in pvp as their skills are slightly weaker. It is quite conceivable then that FR was given no reduction in pvp as it meant venos were given back their equality with their pets doing some decent damage but said pets could be killed fairly quickly.

However later in the game when nixs were introduced the story is changed. Nixs to an air target deal roughly 700/800 to light armor at 9x and are pretty impossible to kill which makes it a very good pet but add FR to the mix and you have people taking 2k per tick when average 9xhp is around 5k and u have people screaming OP and begging for a fix.

Its quite easy to say FR might well have been intended considering pets with stats like the phoenix did not exist originally and the pets that were in the game were fairly gimp without it. However with the existence of the phoenix it is a very unbalancing factor.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When the game was originally designed there was no nix/herc pets. The highest attack damage pet was the scorpion which does 2 digit damage in pvp because of the reduction. Therefore the venos pet was not of any significance in pvp as it deals 2 digits and dies in 2-3 hits which disadvantaged venos in pvp as their skills are slightly weaker. It is quite conceivable then that FR was given no reduction in pvp as it meant venos were given back their equality with their pets doing some decent damage but said pets could be killed fairly quickly.

However later in the game when nixs were introduced the story is changed. Nixs to an air target deal roughly 700/800 to light armor at 9x and are pretty impossible to kill which makes it a very good pet but add FR to the mix and you have people taking 2k per tick when average 9xhp is around 5k and u have people screaming OP and begging for a fix.

Its quite easy to say FR might well have been intended considering pets with stats like the phoenix did not exist originally and the pets that were in the game were fairly gimp without it. However with the existence of the phoenix it is a very unbalancing factor.

They need to give it like half reduction or something.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So far this thread is very calm and has very good, concise points.
    Back.
  • Nereila - Heavens Tear
    Nereila - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    so who knows, anyone wanna do the math?

I doubt if this is completely accurate, but it's close.

base attack = 4096
    buff multiplier = 1.3
    Flesh Ream multiplier = 3
    Flesh Ream duration = 9
    PVP multiplier = .25 (not sure on this one)

4096*1.3*3 = 15974.4
    (4096*1.3*3)/9 = 1774.9
    ((4096*1.3*3)/9)*.25 = 443.7
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options

base attack = 4096
    buff multiplier = 1.3
    Flesh Ream duration = 9

4096*1.3*3 = 15974.4
    (4096*1.3*3)/9 = 1774.9
    That is still quite a lot for a pet.
    as stated before the Scorps were doing double digits.

and yes, it is .25
    Back.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    At least we'll have a slightly differnt show right?

thank you, I was getting tired of the "old one" :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited May 2009
    Options

Thank you for that insight. I think I have to agree, last TW I was in, my poor sawfly was chasing a LA Cleric around hitting it for 9 damage.... (yah, the cleric was higher level), I do not have FR on my sawfly......
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

base attack = 4096
    buff multiplier = 1.3
    Flesh Ream duration = 9

4096*1.3*3 = 15974.4
    (4096*1.3*3)/9 = 1774.9

Flesh Ream has two components: a basic melee attack, and a DoT component. the Dot itself is a x2 multiplier + the melee attack which isn't added into the DoT effect.

So...

Phoenix upfront damage (with buff): 5324.8
    Flesh Ream DoT: 10649.6 Total, amd 1183.29 per tick

Flesh Ream DoT w/ PvP DR: 295.82
    Upfront attack damage w/ PvP DR: 1331.2

Question: do flying pets have halved damage against ground targets? Never actually bothered paying attention to my Sawfly's damage since it spends most of the time stuck on terrain. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    im certain it isnt..the only things bugged are people who envy venos their birds, and me, for having to hear so many people griping about this! b:angry

why is it that everyone whines about flesh ream, when so many pets have it? my kowlin has it, same as a phoenix...people going to run for the hills when they see a kowlin? same move. my point is that its not the move, its that the phoenix is (as far as i know) the *only* pet that has maxed out stats all around. thats what makes it so tough, not the freaking move.

(Not QQ or Flaming BTW)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    im certain it isnt..the only things bugged are people who envy venos their birds, and me, for having to hear so many people griping about this! b:angry

why is it that everyone whines about flesh ream, when so many pets have it? my kowlin has it, same as a phoenix...people going to run for the hills when they see a kowlin? same move. my point is that its not the move, its that the phoenix is (as far as i know) the *only* pet that has maxed out stats all around. thats what makes it so tough, not the freaking move.

It is not so much the flesh ream bug nor the Phoenix people complain about. It is the combination of the two. As you said the phoenix has the highest stats of any pet and I believe even does full damage to ground targets. Add the flesh ream to that and it becomes overpowered. I wonder if it is possible to simply add a code that prevents a veno from adding flesh ream to a phoenix? That would prevent the much hated combination and maybe people will move on to something else to complain about.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I believe the whole ground to air damage reduction applies to players only. Air pets arent reduced
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just did a little self-experiment. A guidmate with a nix of my level (79) casted flesh ream on me.

nappoaabj.jpg

Important nix stats:

PAtk: 3275
    Flesh ream lvl 4: 180% of base PAtk over 9 seconds - 3 sec intervals

My physical def stat: 1876 (37%)

(unbuffed, poorly equipped - no physical belt/neck and no molded lvl 78 gear)

base attack = 3275
    buff multiplier = 1.3 (30%)
    Flesh Ream multiplier = 1.8 (180%)
    Flesh Ream intervals = 3 (/ 3 sec)
    Physical Defence multiplier = 1-0.37 = 0.63
    PVP multiplier = X (supposed 0.25 / expected 1.0)

3275*1.3*1.8 = 7663.5 //entire damage over 9 seconds
    (3275*1.3*1.8)/3 = 2554.5 //damage per tick

fully reduced damage = PvP-multiplier * physical def multiplier * damage per tick

1374 = X * 0.63 * 2554.5
    x = 1374 / (0.63 * 2554.5)
    x = 0.85377 //PvP multiplier

So according to my calculations the 75% doesn't work for this spell at all but its not completly unreduced (~14.6%). Strangely enough the PvP multiplier would be about 1 if the skill would do fire, metal or wood damage ((1374 / (0.56 * 2554.5) = 0.961) but i doubt that is the case.

Possible reasons for the weird PvP multiplier:
    • I fail at maths (if so, please correct me)
    • the skill does wood, metal or fire damage (doubtful)
    • The damage reduction system contains factors that we are not aware of
    • the PvP multiplier for this spell is meant to be 0.85377
  • Reenoa - Heavens Tear
    Reenoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was wondering something so correct me if i am wrong. How good are venos at PVP (one on one and in tw) without this Flesh Ream advantage.

I have tried pving using my nix without using flesh ream. In tw/and out dueling.

I have to say were not that good without it.

Infact i say we are the weakest charr in PVP without it.

I am not saying Flesh ream to stay as it is. However it be good that a medium ground can be reached becuase venos arn't that good without it tbh.

Then again im just poor at PVP b:surrender

I would like Flesh Ream to become weaker. But not so weak we as pvpers become uselss except purging
    edited May 2009
    Options
    bsfgb.jpg
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

(Not QQ or Flaming BTW)

I didnt rread any of the **** b4 this but, theres no dmg reduction in PvP = Bugged. Everyone knows. Its been QQed about 32908140238509 times, enuff with these topics. Genies will come out soon and *kinda* fix it. GG /thread b:bye
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Mr popo says the nix is like his parrot on a pirate, they are both epic

mrpopo-1.jpg

wat im proud of my work from turnin his large self into a drill sergent looking guy, lol, im actualy proud of my work lol
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I didnt rread any of the **** b4 this but, theres no dmg reduction in PvP = Bugged. Everyone knows. Its been QQed about 32908140238509 times, enuff with these topics. Genies will come out soon and *kinda* fix it. GG /thread b:bye

wow, how did u make it to lvl90 in the new server? b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Originally Posted by Nova_ - Harshlands View Post
    I didnt rread any of the **** b4 this but, theres no dmg reduction in PvP = Bugged. Everyone knows. Its been QQed about 32908140238509 times, enuff with these topics. Genies will come out soon and *kinda* fix it. GG /thread
    wow, how did u make it to lvl90 in the new server? b:chuckleb:chuckle
    No kidding. An intelligent discussion so quickly goes dumb.
  • Nereila - Heavens Tear
    Nereila - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks omglazers and osiris for pointing out the flaws in my calcs.

Updated:
    base attack = 4096
    buff multiplier = 1.3
    Flesh Ream multiplier = 2
    Flesh Ream ticks = 3
    PVP multiplier = .25

4096*1.3*2 = 10649.6 (total damage)
    (4096*1.3*2)/3 = 3549.8 (damage per tick)
    ((4096*1.3*2)/3)*.25 = 887.4 (expected pvp tick)
    (4096*1.3*2)*.25 = 2662.4 (total expected pvp damage)
    So according to my calculations the 75% doesn't work for this spell at all but its not completly unreduced (~14.6%). Strangely enough the PvP multiplier would be about 1 if the skill would do fire, metal or wood damage ((1374 / (0.56 * 2554.5) = 0.961) but i doubt that is the case.
    Ok, that's interesting. o.O

It's definitely not doing fire/metal/wood damage. Increase Defense mobs take considerably less damage and ironwood scarab affects the damage (only if the debuff happens before flesh ream, not after).

I don't see anything wrong with your calcs offhand. I guess it's either intentional or there's more going on than we know. O.o The only way to test is to do the experiment again with different variables and see if the 14.6 reduction holds up.

Any ...er volunteers? b:bye
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have some observations:

Damage over time skills are not affected by air/ground differences. Players do not like using damage over time skills, but if they did they would not be affected by this issue.

The most damaging player DoT skill which I know of is demon archer stormrage eagelon, which should do 2400 damage per tick (base). But no one gets this skill so we do not know if it is overpowered.

Defenses work differently against DoT than they do against real damage. And, some kinds of defenses get completely ignored.

I also have some questions:

Do players really get an automatic 75% damage reduction in PvP? Or do players tend to take less damage because they wear good armor where most monsters do not? If a level 95 player attacked a level 1 wizard in a duel, how much damage would they do and how does this compare with their damage against monsters?
  • Jasong - Harshlands
    Jasong - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I also have some questions:

Do players really get an automatic 75% damage reduction in PvP? Or do players tend to take less damage because they wear good armor where most monsters do not? If a level 95 player attacked a level 1 wizard in a duel, how much damage would they do and how does this compare with their damage against monsters?

o.O thats an iteresting thought i know when i frist started and i got to untamined city i was lvl 4 at the time a lvl 60 chanllenged me to a duel (stupid me said ok why not) it took him 4 hit to win (thats with no buffs on either of us) so thats all i know of it now im not sure what he had eccupid so not much help there i guess
    Dont mess with a Barb cause you may get the tiggerb:angry

UNTAMENED ROCK **** HUMANS!
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I grabbed some numbers after attacking a couple level 33 bugs with a level 44 Sawfly. With any physical attack/skill the DR of the Back Stabbing Scorpion was 22% and the Tiger Striped Araneid was 28% while the DoT effect of Flesh Ream was 33% and 38% which means Bleed effects might use a different formula for determining damage, and yes, players do have an automatic reduction in PvP as do pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    let me clarify the reductions:

First of all: theres a 75% reduction in PVP, if there wasnt, i would be hitting wizzys for 3k-4k... (they have same def as some mobs)

2nd: theres a dmg reduction when you attack a higher lvl target, if i say i know what it is i would be lying, but it is in pwdatabase

3rd: the armor dmg reduction applys in pvp After (someone confirm plz) the normal pvp reduction

4th: fly to ground dmg is 50% dmg reduction

EDIT: k, got it 3712, and the description, so, this is what it seems

3712+200% of 3712= 11136 (total dmg without reduction)
    k
    11136 to mobs with 0 phy def (lvl 1..)
    lets see this
    11136/3=3712... lol (per tick..)
    (25x3712)/100=928 (thats for players with 0% defense)
    my resistance is 63% with no buffs
    so...
    (928x37)/100= 343.36 (Wheres fly dmg reduction there?)
    343.36/2= 171.68

i tested with a friend (higher than that dmg) and it was 1250.. so, thats the problem