Version 1.01
-genie skills, monster names, and more plus a makeover

* Intro
I. Who and when
II. What do you need
III. Where
IV. How
V.Mobs by level and tips

*i don't take credit for this, and flamers lay off. Wrote this cause other classes just stay, watch and just utterly being amazed by squishy clerics power*
*this is mainly for new clerics who want to try something new*
*and yes, i know, my English grammar sucks*

I. Who and when

This is for clerics who've done their fb59/spiritual cultivation quests.
There is a simple reason why just then:
-you get enough spirit for skills
-you finally get enough mobs to make it worth while
-and yes you do this without any help

To start with status builds.
One of the main things in AOE grind is your HP and mag defense.
Even 1% mag.def does wonders if you can get it. And ofc you need the HP to be able to tank the incoming dmg.
Said so, AA (arcane) builds will have an easier time doing this while LA (light armor) will have trouble.

Arcane pro's:
-high mag.def
-usually good HP
-great dmg

cons:
-pure int clerics will suffer a bit cause of HP

Light Armor pro's:
-significant crit rate (round up 20 mobs and you are bound to land a crit on few)
-can switch to AA

cons:
-while having LA, the amount of mobs you can pull drops allot
-while in AA, usually low HP

Now from the aspect of skill choice.
If you proclaim your self as FAC/FSC avoid this guide until you hit level 80+, cause before that it will be hard and not worth your time.

"Normal" clerics can do this straight from level 59.
Normal as, not getting useless skills for your current level.

II. What do you need

Items:
1) Charms HP and MP - if you like it fast
2) Pots HP and MP - if you want to save coins and you are not in a hurry
3) Fast wings - from the cash shop, or white ones with flight mastery
4) Robes - + HP shards go a long way in this
5) Chi pots for later levels

Skills:
1) Iron Heart Blessing maxed - as funny as this sounds, some don't have it (funny i still see some clerics on my level who dot have it maxed)
2) Purify at level 5+ - level 6 - 7 should do the trick and for 80+ AoE grind be sure to have it maxed
3) Razor feathers level 8+ - and upgrade it when you get the chance assuming you are starting this at lv59
4) Tempest - for the first part of you AOE plundering is just optional again assuming you are lv59-lv70
5) Wellspring Surge - have it on that level so it can heal 50% of your HP *life saver* and maxed it before lv70

Note again HP is your best friend, you dont need as a much as full VIT build
~2k HP for lv59 is a minimum unless you invest in all wood ress

III. Where

Best thing is that from level 60+ you have allot of magical mobs to chose from.
But main two AOE grinds are:

a) on DoT mobs
b) direct dmg mobs

For "a" and "b" chose the mobs who are closely patched together and in large numbers.

IIII. How

"a" Is the most massive one, killing up to 20+ mobs at once.
*sounds fun doesn't it*
Now how you might ask? See the requirements.

You fly by your chosen mob drawing aggro on your self, then you keep flying to the other one and so on until you hit the amount of mobs you want to kill.
At the same time you have to cast iron heart.
At the moment you feel or know that you will probably lose aggro, slow down let them hit you, purify, and continue your gathering.
Now the tricky part, purify, land and round up the mobs so your razor feathers hit all of your mobs.
The trick in this is to run in circles *always heal and purify* but dont run out of range of their attacks cause they will just spread away again.
And when you bunch them up, heal + purify + attack + purify and repeat.
If done right, you wont have any problems living and heal combo will end just in time when you razor feathers cools down.

"b" is the smallest, but the deadliest, godly for long quests.
So you dont have to read as much, follow "a" but with few tips.
Before you start cast iron heart. * you dont fly*
Gathering is the same, but ofc you dont need purify.
How much you gather depends on your hp, and the amount of dmg that mob does to you. Lets say you have 2k HP mob deals 200dmg, you can kill 5-7.
And 7 being the top, and in hands of first timer its a die situation.
Spam IH until your razor feathers is ready. Cast minimum of 3 IH if you pull a large group.
Avoid Sacrificial mobs.
Avoid tempest cause it can be interrupted easy and has a long cast time (until you level tempest more).

*You even have time to cast one cyclone if you do every thing right, so you speed up things*

V.Mobs by level and tips

From level 60 to 70:
-Petalii Hexkiss
Only tip i have here is to use your genie as a exp sink to stay at the level range as much as possible since it will be a while after you can make such massive pulls and get nice drop rates.

From level 70-80:
-Orchid Petali
-Celestial Hexoc >>> watch out, its dmg does not stack normally as Petalii it goes from low to high fast
Try to find a place to combine this two to make a decent pull

From level 80-90:
-Malicious Cadevil >>> same as Hexoc it can go from very low to very high then back to low-mid until it stacks to the highest dmg
Watch out for MP drain. You can see it coming when they move back a bit, and do be careful since they spread so target the middle one after that for best effect.

From 90-100:
-Spiders
Cant say anything really yet since i have to reach that level yet.

Bonus
Genie skills:
-Tree of protection for those close calls
-Second Wind also for fast healing
-Nullify Poison makes you immune to wood dmg, perfect for making thigs faster
b:dirty
Post edited by Nelae - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Newtestament - Heavens Tear
    Newtestament - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hmm currently im a nub at this but i am trying my best lol. my main problems are rounding them up so my razor feathers hits them because it only hits them up in parts. to max for my lvl i just used up like 400k + spirit&coin i been saving up and im getting discouraged cus its not working lol. and i been dying too lol. What are the benifits of aoe grinding? xp? money? or both?

any advice?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    actually nvm i figured it out! =) your guide really helped me out alot thank you very muchhhh! b:kiss
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hmm currently im a nub at this but i am trying my best lol. my main problems are rounding them up so my razor feathers hits them because it only hits them up in parts. to max for my lvl i just used up like 400k + spirit&coin i been saving up and im getting discouraged cus its not working lol. and i been dying too lol. What are the benifits of aoe grinding? xp? money? or both?

any advice?

exp wise - gather 15 of them on your level its ~0.6% exp in less time and less MP wasted

coin wise - in 1h 150-200k if you dont use charms, with charms 200k+ easy.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hey outta curiosity.. when u aoe grind do u scroll? or just grind normally?
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/my/drop

higher level mobs don't change the drop rate. The individual mobs each have different drop rates. You can look up the best mobs to kill for drops in the database also.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options

higher level mobs don't change the drop rate. The individual mobs each have different drop rates. You can look up the best mobs to kill for drops in the database also.

I seen that.
    According to that i should have gotten ~20 DQ drops fast. But got 2 and coins and coins and much more coins. And that didnt change.
    And i remembered that happening before, killing Vipions that were 7 levels above. No matter how many i killed drops were mainly coins.
    Then on ~same level drops were often. Even if that shows less.

@Newtestament
    No i dont use exp scrolls. They last 1h, and i am not on a mp charm.
    If i bought a mp charm i would buy a exp scroll to make it even faster. But now i am just enjoying it as it is ^^
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

I believe you are correct about your level difference not hurting your drop chances when you fight higher level monsters. However, if I pick a random example, this level 29 monster's drop chances seem twice this level 87 monster's drop chances.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    3% difference in drop rates between lv60 mob and lv72 and lv73 mob

On same amount of mobs drops are:

On lv 60, average ~4
    On lv 72 and 73, average ~0.5

Makes no sense b:irritated

Ill try to compare once more. Then ill see what will happen on lv7X
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So you're saying this can't be done for Light Armor builds? I would think that the extra physical defense from the armor would be helpful no?

By hybrid build are you referring to 6 mag, 1 str, 3 vit build? Is it worth buying a scroll to redo your stat points once you hit lvl 60 and change to a Vit build to do these AoE quests?

My light armor build has always been helpful (Only lvl 50 right now) and I'm bummed to learn it's going to burn me now. Is there no hope???
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So you're saying this can't be done for Light Armor builds? I would think that the extra physical defense from the armor would be helpful no?

By hybrid build are you referring to 6 mag, 1 str, 3 vit build? Is it worth buying a scroll to redo your stat points once you hit lvl 60 and change to a Vit build to do these AoE quests?

My light armor build has always been helpful (Only lvl 50 right now) and I'm bummed to learn it's going to burn me now. Is there no hope???

I said that cause LA = less m.def and you need that cause you do this on magical mobs.
    But there is hope, you dont have to buy a scroll.
    If you can waste coins to equip your robes with HP shards, i dont see why you could not do this. But its a rare sight to see on a LA user cause you and LA users like you, spend coins on equipping your Light Armor and skip robes.
    Then again if you can equip a good amount of HP by lv60 so that your lack of m.def stops to matter, go ahead and try. And ill redo my post.

*So far LA's just die doing this <.<*

Hybrid in skill choice, not in status build. Some go more support and cant do this. Some go way offensive and cant do this alone.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks. When I get to lvl 60 I'll let you know. As for hybrid designation I guess I'd consider myself a hybrid skill build. IH maxed, GC and PS maxed and around lvl 55 I'll get my razor feathers up

Go post tho. Thank you
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    II. What do you need

Items:
    1) Charms HP and MP - if you like it fast
    2) Pots HP and MP - if you want to save coins and you are not in a hurry
    3) Fast wings - from the cash shop, or white ones with flight mastery
    4) Robes - + HP shards go a long way in this

Skills:
    1) Iron Heart Blessing maxed - as funny as this sounds, some don't have it
    2) Purify at level 5+ - level 6 - 7 should do the trick
    3) Razor feathers level 8+ - and upgrade it when you get the chance
    4) Tempest - for the first part of you AOE plundering is just optional
    5) Wellspring Surge - have it on that level so it can heal 50% of your HP *life saver*

What's the point of HP charm? just a waste.
    MP charm is alright, smart people get focus powder.

LEVEL 5+ purify go AoE grind you obviously never done it, level 1 purify is all you need, it's all I need and I can take 10 mobs at a time +.

Wellspring surge? lol... please

Justice quest level 6x then AoE grind the 70s much better, cheers.

I wouldn't waste time grinding on 20 mobs as you said lol.. first thing is finding 20 mobs then pulling them into a small spot.. sigh lol this guide is rubbish
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options

LEVEL 5+ purify go AoE grind you obviously never done it, level 1 purify is all you need, it's all I need and I can take 10 mobs at a time +.

Justice quest level 6x then AoE grind the 70s much better, cheers.

I wouldn't waste time grinding on 20 mobs as you said lol.. first thing is finding 20 mobs then pulling them into a small spot.. sigh lol this guide is rubbish

Apparently, you never tried it.
    Purify lv1? Lol, noob youll die before you twinkle.
    Finding up to 20 mobs? well easy.
    Yes wellspring, any thing wrong with it?
    Hp charm yes, try having stacked up 1k dmg on you and miss your purify time.

Well you dont have to do it, its for newer players that want to try something new...and in 1h of this you make more then 1h single target grinding.

So cheers, and stop trolling something you never tried.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mysticlife, don't fail at trolling. this is how blessing hit 100 first in HT. fail harder FAC
    edited April 2009
    Options
    stop hating smh this is a great guide for people interested in aoe grinding. nobodys forcing nobody to aoe grind, if you dont like then dont dont do it. aoe grinding is a great way to lvl up.

ps. 1. hp charms are great for aoe grinding, it makes it so much easier and laid back. (so are mp charms) 2. at least lvl 5 purify is a must for SERIOUS aoe grinders. im sure its possible at lvl 1 but that will limit u from the maximum mobs u can potentally grind on. Theres only a certain amount of mobs u can grind on with a lvl 1 purify as opposed to a lvl 6 purify. 3. finding mobs and gathering them up is not a problem if u kno where to look and kno wat to do.

but watever, id rather not have other clerics my lvl aoe grind on da server anyways so they dont get in my way b:chuckle
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Mystic, i do mostly with HP charm, after 15-20 mobs near North Barrier town (lv85 cadevils),few times ticked my hp charm, and makes easier the aoe grind (esp. made 5% at lv80 only ticked for me few times).
    And thanks for the guide, to show our hidden art:)
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol Nelae the guide was fine, I only said it was **** to see if you would back up your own guide.

1 thing about HP charm it will tick alot pointlessly, such a waste.

getting 20 mobs is fine but the time wouldn't be worth it as well as pulling, I have level 1 purify and I do fine in AoE grinding.

of course on those level 85s I would need 5+ purify, but Nelae you are 66 you can't deny you are assuming alot of this guide. the time it takes to cast wellspring the poison ticks, if you need to cast wellspring poison ticks alot.
    and I do AoE grind, I show every cleric that asks, every cleric in my faction how to do it, tho I rarely have time to level myself. just WQ and CS for me
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol Nelae the guide was fine, I only said it was **** to see if you would back up your own guide.

1 thing about HP charm it will tick alot pointlessly, such a waste.

getting 20 mobs is fine but the time wouldn't be worth it as well as pulling, I have level 1 purify and I do fine in AoE grinding.

of course on those level 85s I would need 5+ purify, but Nelae you are 66 you can't deny you are assuming alot of this guide. the time it takes to cast wellspring the poison ticks, if you need to cast wellspring poison ticks alot.
    and I do AoE grind, I show every cleric that asks, every cleric in my faction how to do it, tho I rarely have time to level myself. just WQ and CS for me

I wrote this after i got 6 levels on it. As i said, tried it on DoT and direct dmg mobs. To add direct dmg mobs are not god for leveling, tho getting your quests done is way more fun and if you nail it right much faster.
    Purify, well had it lv3 when i first went in on DoT, it was cool, but when i went on big pulls, i died allot *God thank for GA* and not to say how much MP you waste on IH...so got it on lv5, and woo only 2 seconds gained but it was worth it, then was naughty and leveled it to lv7. Mobs around my level, if i could gather 30, i would really try cause with purify lv7 they cant over stack dmg to kill me. Mobs 6-7lv above me also dont pose any threat cause of that.
    *tho i wish i had better weapon, it takes 5-6 razors to kill them >.<*
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I wrote this after i got 6 levels on it. As i said, tried it on DoT and direct dmg mobs. To add direct dmg mobs are not god for leveling, tho getting your quests done is way more fun and if you nail it right much faster.
    Purify, well had it lv3 when i first went in on DoT, it was cool, but when i went on big pulls, i died allot *God thank for GA* and not to say how much MP you waste on IH...so got it on lv5, and woo only 2 seconds gained but it was worth it, then was naughty and leveled it to lv7. Mobs around my level, if i could gather 30, i would really try cause with purify lv7 they cant over stack dmg to kill me. Mobs 6-7lv above me also dont pose any threat cause of that.
    *tho i wish i had better weapon, it takes 5-6 razors to kill them >.<*

i second that. ancient arbor sux ballsssss b:cry
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    *Bump* Now that I'm lvl 59 I wanted to make this easier to find....b:pleased

OK so I'm lvl 59, did my fb and am ready to go. I may actually wait a day or two until I hit 60 and don't have as much exp to loose if I fail my first few times trying. I have purify lvl 4, razor lvl 8 and tempest. IH is maxed as are all my buffs except C. Guardian.

Any advice on where to go for a lvl 60? You said maybe 5-6 levels lower then so I was thinking Schmunkin Warlocks. (I know I don't want to force anyone to give up good locations, like a secret powder stash for skiing, but just one place to get me started would be nice....I promise I won't over use it b:thanks)

My only concern with these (S. Warlocks) mobs is that they dish out mana drains. Even if I purify like crazy won't it take away too much, unless I'm charmed of course. Even with focus powder I would think that 10 mobs dropping mana drain on me would get me killed quickly. Any suggestions on how to avoid/circumvent this issue or maybe another mob to try?

Any help is as always appreciated. Cheers
  • Yuggy - Heavens Tear
    Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You want the Petalii Hexkisses. Don't forget to charge your chi up. I died a few times at first doing dumb things like forgetting to get enough chi for purify, tempesting and blowing all my chi and not being able to purify etc... It's best to start out small like only 4 then add more as you get the hang of it. Purify level 6 or better makes it a lot easier.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    like Yuggy said ^^
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Some screenshots would be nice

MntMan - Lost City *Bump* Now that I'm lvl 59 I wanted to make this easier to find....
    You can subscribe to this thread so it will be easy to find.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Usually I am LA cleric and I can do this.

My problem is the lag and that clerics are just so damn slow. Well it takes some training and anticipation.

http://www.xfire.com/video/b4775/

Level 61 petalis dont drop much stuff anymore for me but its easier to find a place with lot of them and no people around so I usually stick to those.

With over 9k wood resist I still strugle between if its better to kill mob after mob or aoe. Also highest level purify as possible is the key... whoever said level 1 purify is enough never done this.

Btw my hp is at 1.5k and I die alot. :P
  • Lonicera - Dreamweaver
    Lonicera - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have some advice for some people. If you already knew about this approach, please just ignore me. (I am not spelling this out so I can insult anyone -- I am spelling this out so other people can benefit):

When you buy mp potions, unless you have severe inventory problems, you should buy probably low-level potions because their cost per mana point will be cheaper.

In other words: you should figure out how much mana you would burn in 10 seconds for something you do rather often, where you have mana problems. And, then you can buy stacks of 100 potions which give you back roughly this much mana. And, then, whenever their cooldown is available, and when your mana is low enoug, you can use them one after another.

If you were using an MP charm, I think you should use them before your charm ticks. Otherwise, I think you should be using them when you get near half of your mana. (If you use them any later you might run into problems but if you use them sooner you might be wasting them.)

This approach lets you save your MP charm and your expensive potions for when you really need them. Also, celestial seal and any +mp/second gear will probably let you use cheaper potions.
  • Loneken - Sanctuary
    Loneken - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Usually I am LA cleric and I can do this.

My problem is the lag and that clerics are just so damn slow. Well it takes some training and anticipation.

http://www.xfire.com/video/b4775/

Level 61 petalis dont drop much stuff anymore for me but its easier to find a place with lot of them and no people around so I usually stick to those.

With over 9k wood resist I still strugle between if its better to kill mob after mob or aoe. Also highest level purify as possible is the key... whoever said level 1 purify is enough never done this.

Btw my hp is at 1.5k and I die alot. :P

AoE on mobs are fun but for a full mag unfortunately u don't gain much, like u said killing mobs after mobs is faster than running-gathering-turning.in.circle. Still Aoe is very funny times to times
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what is a DoT mob?
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what is a DoT mob?

A mob with damage over time attacks.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if u know how to aoe grind, your hp charm will never tick.
    no. poor people use focus powder, rich people use charms.
    go pull 20+ cadevil with level 1 purify. u wont survive the first wave of poison.
    this is probably the 2nd most useful heal in the game.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/10335

there's enough there to simply kill u before u purify. i've pulled too many before b:surrender had to have had 30 behind me. they're all really close together as well.

you're still a rubbish cleric.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm LA with about 1400 hp. I add hp shards to my armor, but I was waiting to add some of the better ones I had until I was level 60 so I'll likely have 1500-1600 soon.

I tried the hexkisses and it takes some getting used to. I think the Hexkisses are hard because they're on the hills/mountain and flying with varied elevation terrain and pulling and circling is tougher then if they were on flat ground. (perhaps I could be in a bad spot for them though). I was able to do about 5 or 6 without issue, but any more then that and I found it just took too long to get them all close enough for AoE. I'll continue tyring. I'm used to other MMORPGs where on AoE pulling you get almost a train of them following behind you, you turn and fire it off. I think I need to coach the Hexkisses on how to play follow the leader better.

To whoever said Wellspring is a waste I feel bad for you. I've had people in fb and boss runs try and tell me I'm a noob and they don't want me using that lvl 1 heal on them. It's funny because they don't die, but still question my tactics for keeping them alive and conserving my own mp. Wellspring is the nice little boost if you fall behind in IH stacks or they take a huge hit and you want to bump them up. It's also a nice little mp economical heal when you just want to get someone up to full hp after an attack. Like after an exploding mob and you don't want to burn the mp from an IH because they don't need that much hp restored at the moment. I find most people who diss this heal just don't know anything about it and they are making assumptions based on inexperience with it. Try it out and you'll find uses for it.