[Poll] What is the hardest class? =D

Options

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hardest to lvl I assume (since it's a sanctuary poster):

Before 60: Cleric, costs a lot, can't do much dmg and gets butt ****. Wizards are pretty hard too, but they can prioritize dmg spells and do pretty well, while clerics have to lvl heals, buffs and

60+: neither, all classes can zhen and lure, archers, wizards and clerics are always needed, so they are a little easier, but the otehr 3 classes can lure with mount.

As long as clerics have BM friends, aoe grind is possible though, so clerics are not really hard IF you have a BM friend that can aoe (not sure what lvl bms get to spam aoe skills).
    Venos are always easy as solo, so they are never hardest to lvl.

Wizards can aoe with clerics pretty easily due to multiple aoe skills, they just need to find the right mobs.

Archers can both solo and aoe, so archers...not a hard class to lvl.

Barbs can solo aoe, but aren't great at it, and they can aoe with a cleric, but that's not great either, however, they are the cheapest to zhen with because they don't even need a mount and won't get hit for much.

So as some1 mentioned, there is no hardest class, as long as you have the right friends and you are 60+. Under 40 it's clerics.
    Just vote on the class you found the hardest to play, or you think that is the hardest to play.
    I think they meant hardest class to play, aka 'operate', not difficulty of lvling =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wizards have it pretty tough before 60, but after 60, I found it a breeze.
    In fact, right now, pve is pretty mindless for me..
    Sandstorm, gush, pyro, gush, finisher spell (whatever it may be).
    All mobs are pretty much killed the same way, except water/fire mobs.
    Nothing difficult, pretty mindless.

Imo though, Barbs have it pretty tough.
    Seeing how after 60, most if not all mobs are magical, and the fact that barbs are melee means they have to pick their mobs a little better. They can't just rush into a pack of 2 or 3, and they can't pick their target off from a far, because meleeing a mob while dealing with another mob using magic spells on you is suicide and a waste of hiero.

You could say bms have it similar too, but imo barbs seem to have it worse.
    Their damage is lower so they'd have to deal with the punishment more.

Not to mention, as a result, their repair costs are unbelievably high.

As much as I'd love to say Wizard some more, because my main is one, its simply not fair to undermine the incredible amount of money barbs go through to level.
    Wizards have it pretty damned easy in PvE... its just pvp that they lack in more ways than one prior to the heaven/hell cultivation. No leveling difficulties there.
    Not to mention, wizards have the element advantage, there's no way its hard to level a wizard.

EDIT: Oh, now the post above me says its about difficulty of playing correctly...
    Umm... then I'm gonna put my money on clerics and wizards then... clerics more so, since the whole party likes blaming it on the clerics for not "healing" enough half the time.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Are clerics difficult due to high skill costs for the moves squads expect of them or because they lack the controls that archers and wizs get?
    Probably a little bit of all the above and the fact that you need 10 eyes on your head to keep watch everything around you cause they so squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Haha, I didn't say veno = easy. I said veno = easier. The reason venos can do it is because, once again, it's easier for them, they have the tools and skills for it. They have a pet to lure mobs and take them on one at a time, which makes it easier. They have a pet to tank bosses and mobs, which makes it easier. They have their hp/mp regens and soul trans for if they get hit and need that extra hp before a charm tick. Venos, in general, have an easier time with pve content.

Ok, this isn't a good reason as to why veno's would be easier. What do Veno's do when a mob they attempt to lure can 1-2 hit them? And say there are 3 or 4 of those mobs....grouped together.

What about those Nasty AoE mobs? those are always so much fun. What about when you have to keep constant heal on that pet and the AoE is Slowly ticking you down. Do you have time to cast off a self heal? I dont think so.

There isn't anything easy about it. Because Veno's can do it doesn't mean their class is easier to play. They are Lucky they can do it. But just because they can do a difficult task, doesn't mean they are easier to play. Maybe TT's are easier for Veno's that solo as opposed to another class that solo's. You can say that. But that in no way makes being a Veno easier. Do you get what i am saying?
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And before anyone considers what i am saying to be whining, or QQ-ing i am not. I am simply asking for a legit reason as to why they are easier.

Saying because someone can solo a TT makes them an easier class is a lame reason and should be void.

Also, having little to no repair bill does not make your class easier.
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I gotta agree. Venos, really are an easy class, if you learn to actually play them. We do pretty much everything every other class does in a little compact form. We tank, we DD, we heal, we etc. We don't do it as well as the original versions, but we suffice. We'll never tank like a Barb/Cleric combo, and we'll never DD like a Wiz, or Archer, but do we really need to? We're the easy class.

Now, once you learn the styles of the other classes, they too, become easier, but there is one hell of a learning curve for them. Wizards, honestly, are the hardest class to stick with, and a majority of people agree. You can't be a noob and play a wizard. Any noob can play a veno. Hide behind pet, and heal pet. That's all you really have to do. And, yeah, there are much, much more advanced tactics for Veno, none of us doubt that. But they are the easy class for someone to just crash into PW.

Ah thank you ^^ i actually like this post very much. This gave a good example and reason as to how Veno class is easy.

The Red statement is so true. Any noob can play a veno. You can just send your pet in and if the situation gets too tough, you can run while your pet buys you time. No other class has that luxury. If a wizard especially gets into that situation, they are most likely done for. They aren't graced with wings from level 1 like the elf class. Barbs may be slow in barb form, but they can switch to cat mode and run away fast. Cleric may still be able to pull off an escape if they jump in the air and fly away fast enough.

This was a great example as to why a veno would be easy. Thank you ^^

Just in case anyone was wondering. I agree that the Veno class is easy to play. I was just looking for someone to give a good reason. Not repair bills are low and they can solo TT's.
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And before anyone considers what i am saying to be whining, or QQ-ing i am not. I am simply asking for a legit reason as to why they are easier.

Saying because someone can solo a TT makes them an easier class is a lame reason and should be void.

Also, having little to no repair bill does not make your class easier.

Curious, have you played any other classes?

Edt: nvm looks like you found your answer ;p
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Curious, have you played any other classes?

Edt: nvm looks like you found your answer ;p

Lol. yeah. Like i said, Veno's are easy. i don't disagree. Just wanted someone to point out a decent reason as to why. ^^

And yes, i have played other classes. Thats how i know how to escape when a situation gets tough. Actually....i have played all classes except wizard now that i think about it. I have no idea how you guys do it.

Edited for Smilie ^^
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, this isn't a good reason as to why veno's would be easier. What do Veno's do when a mob they attempt to lure can 1-2 hit them? And say there are 3 or 4 of those mobs....grouped together.

What about those Nasty AoE mobs? those are always so much fun. What about when you have to keep constant heal on that pet and the AoE is Slowly ticking you down. Do you have time to cast off a self heal? I dont think so.

There isn't anything easy about it. Because Veno's can do it doesn't mean their class is easier to play. They are Lucky they can do it. But just because they can do a difficult task, doesn't mean they are easier to play. Maybe TT's are easier for Veno's that solo as opposed to another class that solo's. You can say that. But that in no way makes being a Veno easier. Do you get what i am saying?

Hah, I think you misunderstood what I meant in the first place. All I was saying was that venos have an easier time at soloing squad tt, and saying that soloing squad mode is hard isn't a good example of why playing a veno is hard, because technically it's easier for a veno than any other class due to the fact that they can actually do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xueling_ - Heavens Tear
    Xueling_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Of all the classes I've played, the most annoying to level was my wizard on Delphi. She was also my first charater. The Magician forums said that class was a pain to level, and they were right. After leveling her to 30 before moving back to another game to play with some friends, nothing seems hard by comparison.
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hah, I think you misunderstood what I meant in the first place. All I was saying was that venos have an easier time at soloing squad tt, and saying that soloing squad mode is hard isn't a good example of why playing a veno is hard, because technically it's easier for a veno than any other class due to the fact that they can actually do it.

I see what you are saying now. Yes Soloing TT is easier for veno's. Also, i never said playing a veno was hard. Just that the act of soloing a TT is hard. ^^

Dont know if you were directing that comment at me or just stating.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can't even solo TT60 solo mode, so... And some more PK-visions would be nice too! :) I can be on the sanctuary server, that does not mean that the lost city people can't give their opinion about pvp-ing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Mage is not so hard to lvl ^^ Get a hp at low lvl and it will last you long and save from a lot of dying . 60-80 just zhen (leave zhen skill at lvl 1 ^^) and after do fish till 90 , with water shield + earth skills = easy grind..
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well i think

barbs is hard to lvl cuz a good vit build doesn't do that much dmg compared to other classes

clerics are hard to play with t'ill ...60? after that they're pretty descend to grind and play with ^^

wizards they have almost no defence skills , they have their seal , a ^pushback ( wich doesn't work in pvp XD lol ,or at least not in duels) and their shields ...

as far as i've been told , a wiz is at his strongest compared to other classes at lvl 100 with his 100 skill ( correct me if i'm wrong :p , i'm no wiz)

think thats about it? :^)
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well thats what a venomancer is, -the solo class-, not the "bring to a party because theyre useful to have around" class. I perform to the extent of my abilities alone, and dont need a party to get **** done :P.ive been soloing my FB's, and TT for a good while now, and Id say the money is nice, but the thought I did it myself is nicer.

its not as if any idiot can roll a veno and know how to use it like pie. theyre not as easy as people think they are. takes skill to use one properly. if any thing BM is the easiest class, any idiot with a charm can press buttons to AOE level

lol not every BM use charm to aoe...I for once aoe w/o charm. It take some running and stun/potting but I get it done just fine. Why you drag from talking about TT to aoe grind now? Veno can aoe grind just as easy (take longer) but cost less than a BM. I'm not denying that BM is easy to play...it's just as easy to play as a veno. What i'm saying is that you chose to solo things and it will be just as hard or even harder for any other class to solo.

It is true that veno is a solo class, but they can also party. You chose to do the hard way so you cannot say that veno class is the hardest to play. I think veno can get TT/FB/Rebirth party easier than BM can....but that's just my opinion (maybe I don't know a lot of players in gameb:chuckle).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Venos are easy in PvE, also in parties if they only care to lure.
    Clerics, well, clerics parties are stressfull... looking at ur hp, and tanks one, and IF u care about DDs, then it becomes hard. Clerics cant get distracted even a second, thats the hard part!
  • Xhinzo - Harshlands
    Xhinzo - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I pick blademaster.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I see what you are saying now. Yes Soloing TT is easier for veno's. Also, i never said playing a veno was hard. Just that the act of soloing a TT is hard. ^^

Dont know if you were directing that comment at me or just stating.

Oh I know you weren't, it was someone else who was using that claim to say playing a veno is hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LOLL i made a character of each class just to see which is hardest, and the outcome of my test is the Wizard xD
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Can we have some clarification on ‘hardest’, please? Is it a lack of versatility? A steep learning curve? A lot of stress, demand and responsibility? One man’s difficulty is the next man’s possibility.

Having played all the professions to just short of level 30, by my own definition of ‘hardest’, it has to be the Cleric. Hands down.

Sure, it’s pretty mellow when you’re solo questing/grinding, but once you enter in to a party with other people, the profession takes on a whole new dimension! Whether or not you place it on yourself, or other people place it upon you, you’re suddenly overcome by a huge responsibility to your party members. What once was a general diffusion of responsibility now suddenly gets placed on the Cleric because that’s the support profession whose job it is to keep the party in good shape and alive. Other professions may actually play in a more reckless manner once a Cleric joins their party because an unspoken rule suddenly raises its head that you’re going to keep them alive.

For some, the above can be quite stressful and make them shy away from the profession. For me, all the edge-of-your-seat action is what makes the Cleric the most rewarding class to play.

To summarise, if you’re talking about ‘hardest’ in terms of demand and responsibility, then my vote goes to the Cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah i have to agree with ElvenHawk on the fact that Clerics have the most responsibility, buy Wizards are SLOW to level. And at least Clerics are wanted in parties and stuff, wizards are probably last on the list
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Rainesierr - Lost City
    Rainesierr - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well i must say i had a LOT of fun reading this thread. first of all i came into this game as a n00b starting on a wiz and it seemed to go allright for me :P i honestly dont know what to vote. i have played all human and elven classes, but no untamed. what i find funny is that cleric and wiz are my 2 favorite classes. maybe i just like wizard cause that is my highest lvl :P so i get to use all the skills. or maybe im a glutton for punishment, lol who knows. i will admit that wiz seems to die the most low hp, and clerics can heal. the other thing about wiz, is i do so many bounty hunter quests and fbs without a cleric these days, and it is a PAIN. i now feel sorry for all the clerics out there. i end up acting as cleric, having to keep an eye on everyones health. and yes it does get a little stressful waiting to finish channeling while the tank's health drops XD i have to say archer and bm werent very hard, but i just got bored of bm, and cleric interested me more than archer. im probaby not qualified to say what class is hardest, given that i havnt even made it to 70 yet XD but i would probably have to agree that its wiz or cleric. i suppose i just personally find them more exciting to play.
    man i need sleep, this post is so random and disjointed.
    please sign here: _______________
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    its not as if any idiot can roll a veno and know how to use it like pie. theyre not as easy as people think they are. takes skill to use one properly. if any thing BM is the easiest class, any idiot with a charm can press buttons to AOE level
    if any thing WF is the easiest class, any idiot with an MP charm can press buttons to heal herc

There, I fixed it for you.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm a barb, but I say cleric, they have to worry about keeping their party alive, making sure not to take aggro. **** barbs we have it easy all we have to do is keep aggro that's it. Venom's also have it easy, they have a pet to help them even if your build stinks your pet doesn't make it matter. Wizards have a elemental advantage over clerics. Archers like clerics can do both physical and metal damage, but archers have better crits. Also clerics have to bust their butts crossing the entire map just to res someone. Blademaster's difficulties depend on their type (axe, fist, etc.) but they have better defense and a healing spell so they also have it easier. So always appreciate your cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    none =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    try playing a veno in TT, having to freakin tank the boss, while juggling healing your stupid herc, switching in and out of fox form to ampify damage on it, keeping ironwood scarab pdef debuff on it, and DDing :).

try playing a veno in rebirth gamma, repeat above jobs, adding in purge for bosses to remove buffs, minus tanking. also having to spam your AOEs, and collecting a buttload of beans quickly so your party can get buffed on time, and that ALL RELIES ON U ONOES.

in later levels, youre stuck solo leveling, you dont get those fancy AOE parties, maybe the occasional FB. its just 1 monster... after another... slow as dirt...

yeah "o herc and phoenix are OP" no they arent, try doing all above mentioned things and tell me how fun it was trying

Veno in TT is easy, you can even afk during entire boss if you tank <.<
    Put something heavy on shortkey for pet heal and go make dinner lol
    And if its a lowbie TT-boss you can just put on macro heal, venomous, heal, ironwood and go make dinner.

You really really don't have to amp, jump in and out of fox form, pass chi, spam extreme poison, armour break etc on all bosses in TT, even if you're in a party. Because EVERYONE IS AFK at bosses in TT anyway. 99% if the time everyone is using a macros and goes to watch TV for 5 min, they really wont notice if the boss is amped and the barb wont bish about chi either b/c hes afk to using a bite-macro b:surrender

Only time TT is slightly demanding as veno is if boss needs to be purged, like Belial in 2-3 or Armageddon in 3-3

And doing rebirth as a veno is easy to because every class in rebirth is easy. Doing rebirth is easy period <.<

Run happy valley tickets, clear bean rooms, grab bosses and kite them,seal waves and DD. Its not brain surgery, im pretty sure a 5 year old can play veno in rebirth and finish wave 10 <.<
  • StrangeScar - Lost City
    StrangeScar - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PVE - Archers due the lact of a self heal skill (exept for the genie, but each time you use that, it costs sta/money)

PVP - mages period.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

On a solo lvl probably wizzy you might need to be a bit more careful.

Squad wise I would think cleric has a harder situation because you not only have to look after your own HP, but wipe 5 other pples butts as well, stats AND HP constantly, add to that sleeping mobs, debuffing, and timing your cures so you dont take first hate if theres a mass link. Also keeping a constant watch on possible cure members due to the 'cure lag' that happens. Unless we are doing BB or RB this is probably the class that you just cant take your eyes off the screen for even a min. without properly notifying the whole squad. We are the BABYSITTER class. I find it easier doing a melee/tank job cause its only you and the mobs around you that you have to take care off. Cleric gotta keep watch of yourself, other pple, the mobs around you, chat and radar, all at the same time.
    It seems easy, 'All you gotta do is press the cure button!'. If some pple cant even keep watch of the chat log (aka move your eyeball 2mm to the left screen and not dart out into a ball of mobs alone) then I dont think how in the world they think they can take care of everything else that appears on the whole of the screen.

I would agree when it comes to parties.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Venos. You can go easy way (lame arcane build) or hard way (battle fox <3 )

b:bye
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Story of TT 1-1 solo mode

veno goes in TT without charm and finish it easy
    barbar goes in TT with charm, hits boss 25 times and dies
    bm goes in TT with charm, hits boss 10 times and dies
    archer goes in TT with charm, hits boss 4 times and dies
    cleric goes in TT with charm, self heal, hits boss 3 times and dies
    wizzie goes in TT with charm, poke boss once and gets wiped on the floor