Come quick I died

Options
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Have you ever been asked to fly half way across the world for a revive?

Of course you have.

Answer this poll and leave your thoughts.
We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
(Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
Post edited by Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lvl1 rev ftw! even if that's a lie ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Now, where's the option "Yes, but I said NO, and got persuaded by a humble donation" or "Yes, but I refuse to fly across the map for anyone (I use "go to Town" when die)" in the poll??? b:surrender
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    With your humble donation, that option was removed.
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    --Yes, but I lied and said I have level 1 revive.

i am an attack cleric but i did lvl my ress to lvl 10 so that if
    a friend of mine screws up in HH, FB or while grinding with me
    he wont have to gain back all that exp he/ she lost

i did NOT however lvl it to lvl 10 to become a slave cleric
    and fix everyones mistake and whasting my time dooing so

a person i know left the guild cuz he didnt get a ress
    ..that was Hilarius b:chuckle

piece of advise..
    Clerics are not slaves, show them more respect b:surrender
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
    b:chuckle
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There are no slave clerics, only clerics and idiots.
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    While I don’t yet have lvl 10 Revive, it’s as high as it can be for my level.

For my Faction mates, I’ll fly everywhere and anywhere to help them/revive them. They really do appreciate it and helping each other out like that is what keeps the Faction playing together. I do them a good turn and they do me a good turn if and when I need it.

A rolled a Support Cleric for the sole purpose of doing just that – supporting the player base – primarily, my Faction mates. We all get our own personal ‘buzz’ out of playing this game, and my buzz comes from knowing I did my part in keeping my Faction alive, fully buffed and healthy where I can.

The benefits of playing like this? Well, whenever I need help with an FB or a Boss or just someone to grind with, I just put it out there on Faction Chat. I’m guaranteed to get 6-10 Faction mates immediately drop what they’re doing and fly over to my location to help me out. The Faction that supports its Clerics is the Faction that never has to Town upon death.

What’s World Chat? Never had to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i only travel acros the whole map IF i have misions there,

or if im wery good friends with that player
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you forgot the option:
    Yes, but i told him to STFU, stop being a badie whos dieing to mobs and just stand up cause his 2% is my .001%
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you forgot the option:
    Yes, but i told him to STFU, stop being a badie whos dieing to mobs and just stand up cause his 2% is my .001%

b:chuckleu said itb:cuteb:victory
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    =| I hated it when as SOON as I log in...
    "HAY HOWS U DOIN, CAN I HAS A RES?!????"

I also hate it when people expect me to fly halfway across the map for them...which makes me wish I kept my revive at level 1 (maxed it so people could stfu and stop bizatching).

And I figured I'd play a venomancer to get away from all that...but I still get random PMs from people,
    "Hay, are you a cleric?? CAn you revive meeeeee? Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?"
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lvl 1 rez ftw b:victory I don't get asked much, ill probably level it in my 60s for squad events.

Id rather spend my SP in heals to make sure people DONT die during squad events. b:bye
  • Yuggy - Heavens Tear
    Yuggy - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have level 9 ress. 3 times I've had people say no they don't want my ress they have someone comming. Two of those times it was over 10 minutes before their ress came and the resser was my level or lower so they couldn't have had a higher ress. I'm going to start telling the poor clerics that show up that I offered your "friend" a ress 10 minutes ago and maybe he shoulda just taken it and not made you fly across the map.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Have you ever been asked to fly half way across the world for a revive?

Of course you have.

Answer this poll and leave your thoughts.

Yep...many times. Depending on what I was doing I've done so. If I was busy I told the person so. Mind you this is guild...I don't pay any attention to WC.

Looks like I'm the only one to pick option 2.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah, happily ... depending on who's asking though. b:chuckle

for some random ppl who are just in the area around me - sure, why not ? sometimes i'll tell them to wait, siince grinding left me below 1k mana though b:angry

over half the map or more:
    - i ask if no1 is around, and ask them if they can wait, if i'm headed in that direction anyway. b:surrender
    - if it's a good friend, who'll help me too, heck yeah, i'm just to friendly ...b:cute
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There are no slave clerics, only clerics and idiots.

Some think we are, when I get msgs of the type "buff me" or "come ress me" I get mad, my answer is always "learn to ask and not demand" but in reality I wanna say much more harsher things, oh well always trying to keep things polite...

Then again I like that people depend on me so much, strangely enough in most parties I'm the only Cleric, there have been many cases in fbs or TTs that without my word they don't move an inch, hell I enjoy that ^^

Cleric has it's bad momments, it's good momments and it's very good momments b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Some think we are, when I get msgs of the type "buff me" or "come ress me" I get mad, my answer is always "learn to ask and not demand" but in reality I wanna say much more harsher things, oh well always trying to keep things polite...

at least u dont get.. "buff me or die" b:sad
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

For that I'd sit on his or her head and say "Go ahead...I'll wait". b:victory

Oh...pardon...you said "buff" not "res". My bad. lol
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options

Ahahahhah yeah I assume that would be a problem =))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I said yes and felt guilted into going.
    I will only fly across the map for guild members anymore. The worst one was me helping a BM AOE grind in ns and got called out to 1k to res another bm who was AOE grinding. LOL. Have to admit though, if I didnt like this particular person so much, I wouldnt have done it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't know about you guys.. But I have a list of people who have killed me in the time I've played. And I find it hilarious when they ask me for a rez if i fly by them. It's quite funny.b:shutup
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately we Clerics have pressures when it comes to our Revive skill. Sometimes we're even judged by it. I never planned to level my revive much but the demand for it made me do it. And, since Clerics have nothing to do (sarcasm), people asume that we're going to fly all the way across the map for them. I dont mind ressing people, it just gets annoying when you decline because you're busy and they start complaning. Its the responsability of each individual to stay alive and, if you ask for Revive, be polite ;D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LOL, when I saw this thread, I thought it was a noob asking people on forums nor evive him in-game :P

(I'm only lvl 4 on my cleric, do the math)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I will fly across the map only if I'm not busy and its a friend. For random people no way no how. Sorry random people b:surrender. I will rez anyone if they are someone near me (very close) but thats about as charitable as I get with rez's.
  • Lah - Dreamweaver
    Lah - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have lvl 9 revive. I would never fly across the map to revive someone - anyone.

The only time I will revive is if you are in a squad with me or very close proximity.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i only travel acros the whole map IF i have misions there,

or if im wery good friends with that player
    Exactly the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ruby - Harshlands
    Ruby - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would never fly across the map to revive someone - anyone.
    Wish I could do the same, but the guilt b:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No.I have never been asked to fly across the map.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if it's a guildmate (especially another cleric...THE other cleric) I'll actually OFFER to fly/teleport around the world; some friends I might do it if I'm not too busy (and if I got time to kill I offer to help them), random people asking NEARBY, sure.

But someone (and some of my friends used to do this) who calls out of the blue, asking me to be their guardian angel as if I've got nothing better to do...who am I kidding, the rudest I can manage is "I'm in the middle of a quest right now."
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've been asked to fly, at times. Not fully across the map, but often from Archosaur to the Swamp of Wraiths. It's not uncommon, though, that i'm reinbursed for using teleport masters to get somewhere to res and back again - people would rather cough up 6-8k for a cleric to res them than to lose exp.

That said, I have level 10 revive. It eases the pressure of everyone in a FB or similar dungon (or against a boss) as they know they'll only lose a fraction of the exp they would otherwise for dying.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have flown across the map for a friend before, but only because they're a barb who often I call to help tank bosses for me. I see it as give and take. He's about 10 levels higher then me so it's useful to have him help me and so I help him. He's only asked me twice and doesn't abuse it. I think that's fair. If he started asking every day/week then it would be a problem.

As for strangers, given enough money I'd consider flying to them. Enough money would constitute money to teleport to them in the most direct fashion (not being stingy) and back to where I was, plus a bit more to make up for lost time. I don't know, 25k-30k would probably do the job.

It goes without saying that if I'm squadding with ppl or on fb runs that they get rez. The only exception is if they repeatedly keep acting like idiots. I don't think people understand how much mp we use up on heals. FB39 is a classic example. Everyone seems to love to crowd around exploding mobs. Seriously even if there is just one mob there might be 3 people standing around attacking it. EVERY TIME!!! So instead of healing just one person I have to heal all 3. I usually ask people to stand back and let the tank finish the kill, but some people just don't 1) understand or 2) listen. I even had a barb try and AoE a bunch of reverexes and chickens and wonder why he died. Hmmmm. Could be a) you can't get aggro on all mobs because the chickens are way out of your range and you missed them so = no heal due to me pulling aggro or b) 15 mobs exploding at once as you continue to AoE them is a bad thing. People like this get a warning. Then a stern threat then no rez. I've never had to institute a no rez or no heal policy, but I would if people continued to act like idiots.

Also at lvl 59 the max my rez can be is lvl 9. LOL when I was level 58 I had some guy ask for a rez who was near me while grinding, he said please so I did. Then after asked what level so I said lvl 8 because its the max at lvl 58. He was all bummed. Can you believe that. BY the way final note, if I don't get a please you don't get a rez. I hate people who just yell rez at you. Sorry. Keep staring up at the sky.

And that is my rez rant.