BM Weapons

2»

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well i dont use fists swords or axes... i have chose to follow the spear path, but since no one is mentioning them, i suppose i made the worst choice, oh well...too late to change now

Acording to the expert on this forum (we all know whob:chuckle), thats the best weapon in 1V1

So, you have there a good weapon. spear for 1v1 and Axes for everything else.

I have never heard bad news on that weapon.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No lyndura, what I am asking is how? Just by AoE grinding and that does it? I am a sword BM and I dont buy equips, no heiro, I barely add skills(havent added yet that is) and I dont buy pots meaning everything I have goes to the bank. I dont see how that would earn less than an axe BM. When they buy pots, buy heiro, need equips and skills and they still get lots of money. Dont seems logical to me. And I know if we want, BMs just change to axe BMs at higher lvl by restating and skill points wont be a problem just the cash part but heiro are like 400k... Really expensive for a 53 you know? I just dont get how can you do it when I as a sword BM is saving so much more than anyone? ( well, at least I am sure I do )
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    No lyndura, what I am asking is how? Just by AoE grinding and that does it? I am a sword BM and I dont buy equips, no heiro, I barely add skills(havent added yet that is) and I dont buy pots meaning everything I have goes to the bank. I dont see how that would earn less than an axe BM. When they buy pots, buy heiro, need equips and skills and they still get lots of money. Dont seems logical to me. And I know if we want, BMs just change to axe BMs at higher lvl by restating and skill points wont be a problem just the cash part but heiro are like 400k... Really expensive for a 53 you know? I just dont get how can you do it when I as a sword BM is saving so much more than anyone? ( well, at least I am sure I do )

I think there is very litle argument of who gets more exps/min as Axes can fight several mobs like nothing. Saying that, I'm not sure who makes more profit per minute.

Why, since I dont have a pure Axe's toon meaning, no right stats and AOE skills up to level 1. I can only tell you what I have experience with it.

When I grind mobs with AOE, I get more exps per minute but at higher cost per kill. Since, I have to use MP while I do it. Saying that, the profit I do is less then when I'm grinding 1vs1 on fists/sword.

Again, I dont have the right stats and skills for axes. So, this is just my experience on the argument.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Originally Posted by Paulita - Dreamweaver View Post
    Well i dont use fists swords or axes... i have chose to follow the spear path, but since no one is mentioning them, i suppose i made the worst choice, oh well...too late to change now
    yeah, sorry to have left you out...spears are great. We just seem to have a couple of loyal sword users here who are trying to drive Lyndura crazy ;-)

Spears were my 2nd choice, based on what I wanted for my character. Read the stickied guides, they really are good.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Axes:

100% Experience.
    350~500k coins per hour.
    50~60k refinement.
    One MP charm every 7 hours.

Without healer.
    One HP charm every 3 hours.

Spear:

85~90% Experience.
    350k~430k coins per hour.
    25~30k refinement.
    One MP charm every 11 hours.

Without healer:
    One HP charm every 4 hours.

Fists/Sword:

20~30% Experience.
    90~120k coins per hour.
    12~20k refinement.
    One MP charm every (?).

After 3 hours.

NOTE: Esoterica = 50k coins.

Axes:

300% Experience.
    1.05~1.5m coins.
    Minus 55k refinement: 1~1.45m coins.
    Minus Esoterica: 850k~1.3m coins.

Spear:

255~277% Experience.
    1.05~1.29m coins.
    Minus 27k refinement: 1.02~1.27m coins.
    Minus Esoterica: 870k~1.12m coins.

Sword/Fists:

60~90% Experience.
    270~360k coins.
    Minus 14k refinement: 256~346k coins.
    Minus Esoterica: 106~196k coins.

This is considering the BM has his/her own healer, if not they will have to buy one HP charm every 3~4 hours and one MP charm every 7~11 hours.

If they do have a healer, or if they are skilled enough to AoE grind without using much/any charm at all then it is just one MP charm every 7~11 hours.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Axes:

This is considering the BM has his/her own healer, if not they will have to buy one HP charm every 3~4 hours and one MP charm every 7~9 hours.

If they do have a healer, then it is just one MP charm every 7~9 hours.

OMG.b:shocked

I;m noobing around and charms last me 5 times more than this.

Simple question:

This is part of the miss info propaganda. Why a BM needs a charm to grind?

Not all of us have to AOE to get kills. So you know.

I use HP charm to avoid deaths by mistake. MP charm mostly for Diamond Sutra and to use skills to counter mobs. Then, I get MP pots from drops that almost balance things out.

Still, if what you are saying is true, this show how lame is to play Axes. No challenge at all. Anyone should be able to do it.b:chuckle
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Then keep playing the way you do, while other BM's are making much more money and experience (saving a lot of time) and overall being more efficient than you.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Then keep playing the way you do, while other BM's are making much more money and experience (saving a lot of time) and overall being more efficient than you.

Again, you are missleading here.

You think that leveling and money is everything in the game (at least that's nothing for me).

Honestly, do you think I play this game to be level 105? or to have 3 billion of fake money?

Look the importance is the trip, the destination is a stupid place.

Are you gonna tell your friends you are level 105? or are you going to put that in your resume for applying for a job?

Honestly, your banker does not care how many fake coins you have in PWI.

Look if I want to do that, I stay on farming and open a cat shop then buy exps and then become 105.

Or I simply spend real money to do that.

I can make more fake money playing monopoly than PWIb:chuckle

Anyway, there is no sense in to it.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Everyone has different goals in the game, that is why I said "keep playing the way YOU do".

For me, in game money, levels and equipment are necessary to make my character have the best performance for PvP/TW/etc.

PvE do not provides me any challenge at all, so I focus on the others. There is where I find the fun at.

You on the other hand, have no interest in PvP/TW/etc, the only thing left is PvE, and since it doesn't really provides a challenge, you create it so you can actually have fun.

Two different goals, two different persons, two different ways to do things.

So people looking for advice, have to compare their goals to ours and choose what to follow: Money+PvP+Best Performance+Whatever or....
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've seen a big part of this post and I have only one thing to say:

It doesn't matter the build you have or the weapon you chose. It's all on the player behind the character. They are the pwners, they know what to do and how to get things done. Now, don't tell the noobs to SU, let them fail and learn, that's the way things go. (and great players have great builds and that's their secret)

Lyndura, if what you talk is as good as your skill; which I don't have a doubt, but just haven't had the opportunity to see; if they don't want to hear what you have to say, then just don't bother with it, you're a legend just by being a step from the sage/demon paths.

b:surrender Don't trash me now, please, I'll be a good panda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Everyone has different goals in the game, that is why I said "keep playing the way YOU do".

For me, in game money, levels and equipment are necessary to make my character have the best performance for PvP/TW/etc.

PvE do not provides me any challenge at all, so I focus on the others. There is where I find the fun at.

You on the other hand, have no interest in PvP/TW/etc, the only thing left is PvE, and since it doesn't really provides a challenge, you create it so you can actually have fun.

Two different goals, two different persons, two different ways to do things.

So people looking for advice, have to compare their goals to ours and choose what to follow: Money+PvP+Best Performance+Whatever or....

That's correct.
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Okay... Anyway I dont bother anymore. I want to do something really crazy and since lyndura is the TW/PvP guy, I shall ask him/her or whatever in a message see ya!
  • xtazee
    xtazee Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Seriously this is just ridiculous..

Lyndura's suggestions are for overall PvE and PvP dominance... No matter what you say, Axes will net you more drops/cash and XP in an hour than a sword or fist will in 3-4 hours. Now, put 2 Axe BMs or 1BM+Cleric in YKD for an hour..pure profit!!

Granery's suggestions and arguments are for PvE… If you got all the time in the world, you're a "carebear", and enjoy toying with limited intelligence then Fist or swords are the weapons for you! (I'm sorry but I still don't understand how people can ONLY PvE and not mix it up with a bit of PvP at least?!?!?)

Summary:

Axe + Spear:
    Pros: Best at PvP,TW, express leveling and money making

Cons: You will NEVER out DPS a Hell Fisty in a boss fight (assuming same lvls of gear and skills), be able to cancel boss spells or have glowing hands :D

Fist + Sword
    Pros: PvE/dungeon single target DPS kings and cooler animations(?)

Cons: You CANNOT compete with an Axe or Spear BM in PvP (assuming same lvls of gear and skills)

This is the way the damn BM class was built by the devz!!! b:angry
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You talk a lot for someone who dont dare to show his face... Can we just close the thread? Just let it fade away... Please?
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    be able to cancel boss spells

Well the glowy hands no, but I do cancel out their abilities now. Drop spear, hit ability put spear back on and away I go......b:victory
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    xtazee wrote: »

Granery's suggestions and arguments are for PvE
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    xtazee wrote: »
    Seriously this is just ridiculous..

Granery's suggestions and arguments are for PvE
  • Zoronoa - Sanctuary
    Zoronoa - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Honestly, I get the same treatment at my current level when they see me using my sword/fists and bit of axes. However, when they see me using them, they reconsider who is the noobb:chuckle

I have many stories to share about this but these are the lastest ones:

when I;m grinding or Orchid Petalis. All the BM around me (mostly axes), you see them running around with the wood damage over their toon heads. However, you rarely see my toon with one on it.

So, who is the noob?

When, I am on TT, I'm the one cancelling the AOE from Drummer and applying miriad of sword stance.

So, who is the noob?

When I was late 50's and late 60's. I could handle a pyrofiend inside TT way better than Axes guys.

So, who is the noob?

When I'm figthing a high level melee mob, I;m the one knocking him back and while he returns to I'm the one hitting him with my range skills or bow. In other words, I hit while he cant hit me.

So, who is the noob?

There are many more cases but no need to show who is the noob. If you keep your built to "only axes" that shows who is the real noob. Axes is probably the best weapon vs several opponents or for PVP but in PVE 1v1 (toon vs mob), sword and fists have many usefull tricks to show who is the real noob and who is missing something.

right on dude,
  • Averian - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, personally I am changing to axe build but I feel that BMs should not be confined to one weapon. So I will continue on sword using an axe build. Kinda like a higher dex for an axe build... well still like trying.
  • Mattknight - Heavens Tear
    Mattknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah seems even though the name is Blademaster not too many use it since it doesn't kill as fast but I could care less I like the blades and use fists too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altayr - Dreamweaver
    Altayr - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The least weapon I've seen is polearm. (club, pike, scythe, etc.)