BM Weapons

cathbar
cathbar Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
Out of all of the BM's weapons, which 1 do people use least?
Post edited by cathbar on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sword/Blade path.
  • LKSTEEL - Lost City
    LKSTEEL - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    um..fists lyndura
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    No.

A lot of people use Fists to build Chi during instances, or to cancel skills from bosses like Belial, etc.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BUT sword/blade bm's are the best.
  • Grievous - Harshlands
    Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BUT sword/blade bm's are the best.

lies

pole >> swords >_>

i lved a sword Bm till 70+ b4 swtiching
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lies

pole >> swords >_>

i lved a sword Bm till 70+ b4 swtiching

You just couldn't play a sword bm right that's all ;P
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You just couldn't play a sword bm right that's all ;P

No.

You just can't accept the reality.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No.

b:angryb:angryb:angryFear the swords and the fists.
  • Grievous - Harshlands
    Grievous - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:angryb:angryb:angryFear the swords and the fists.
    u wouldn't say that with a polearm up yer **** from 15m away

>_> <_<
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    u wouldn't say that with a polearm up yer **** from 15m away

>_> <_<

If I want to fight from 15 away, I become either an archer, cleric, wizard or veno. I;m a BMb:angry

Besides, I'm high dex Bm and I use high level Bow, I can hit you between 800 to 3.8 k from 20m away. Then, I leap back and continue the fun.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No.

Idk why you even try. Baddies love being bad.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Axioma - Harshlands
    Axioma - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    everytime I see BM with HH80 dual blades Im all like wtfk is this noob doing? b:puzzled
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    everytime I see BM with HH80 dual blades Im all like wtfk is this noob doing? b:puzzled

Honestly, I get the same treatment at my current level when they see me using my sword/fists and bit of axes. However, when they see me using them, they reconsider who is the noobb:chuckle

I have many stories to share about this but these are the lastest ones:

when I;m grinding or Orchid Petalis. All the BM around me (mostly axes), you see them running around with the wood damage over their toon heads. However, you rarely see my toon with one on it.

So, who is the noob?

When, I am on TT, I'm the one cancelling the AOE from Drummer and applying miriad of sword stance.

So, who is the noob?

When I was late 50's and late 60's. I could handle a pyrofiend inside TT way better than Axes guys.

So, who is the noob?

When I'm figthing a high level melee mob, I;m the one knocking him back and while he returns to I'm the one hitting him with my range skills or bow. In other words, I hit while he cant hit me.

So, who is the noob?

There are many more cases but no need to show who is the noob. If you keep your built to "only axes" that shows who is the real noob. Axes is probably the best weapon vs several opponents or for PVP but in PVE 1v1 (toon vs mob), sword and fists have many usefull tricks to show who is the real noob and who is missing something.
  • Bashusilly - Heavens Tear
    Bashusilly - Heavens Tear Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Aww,
    Granrey it growing up. I remember one of his fist posts asking about using a bow. Realizing there was more than one way to skin a cat.

It made me reconsider how you play a BM. Helped me make up my mind when I started over, that versatility is a BM's main strength. That with a 6str/4dex build, your open to use all weapons, tapping into all the Bm's strengths.

And even though some of your ideas are still a little too dramatic for me, like carrying LA. I agree with a lot of your methods.

b:victory
    Don't let my level confuse you. I've done this before.
    Leader-Vandals-Heavens Tear
  • cathbar
    edited May 2009
    Funny, I'm actually really liking the sound of using fists and bows <_<;

Oh well, still a while yet before I can play more. And thanks for the replies, all.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Noobs thinking they are doing something impressive...always make me smile.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Aww,

And even though some of your ideas are still a little too dramatic for me, like carrying LA. I agree with a lot of your methods.

b:victory

When you face mobs like Triocs (pure magic, no physical at all), you will see that staying in LA and fists is the best answer to this case.

1) fists will cancell some mag attacks by simply hitting at the right time.

2) LA will save you a lot on HP since the defence is better.

3) Vacous Palm will slow down the mob (since this idiot runs a lot) and do smedamage along the way.

4)Shadowless kick will cancell some of the attacks

5) You will have so much sparks that you can use Drake bash from axes more often than the axes guys (since they use sparks mostly for Diamon Sutra), as they are being hammered a lot by magic.

7) The DPS from fists will finish the mob quickly.

Saying that, I dont purshase LA, I get it from quest rewards, drops of gifts from friends.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

It always makes me smile seeing the axes guys doing nothing impresiveb:chuckle

Right weapon, Right armor, right skill, right timing is the answer to every mob you will face outthere.

Something funny, I have never been impresed by axes guy. Honestly.

I'm still waiting to be impresed.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Honestly, I can kill magic mobs at my level taking Zero damage.

How?

Simple, use your bow. Attack the mob from range 20 m(he has to move closer to attack you).

while he gets closer, you hit him with arrows. When he is getting ready to attack you, leap back away from him.

This will make the mob to stop the mag attack and try to get closer to you again (as you are out of range).

you can repeat this many times until he is dead. However, you need the leap skills in good standing as well as good dex and good bow. Otherwise the mob will stop chasing you and return to his spot (healed).

Again 0.00 damage from your part. No using MP and without **** stunt locks
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    What a coincidence! I can kill mobs my level (magical or physical) taking zero damage too.

But I'd rather not to, because it is wasting time. I'd always rather use MP/Chi, because I can get them with money or simple fight, than wasting my time using unecessary movements to kill a mob. It is plain stupid.

There is nothing "impressive" in PvE, at all. Mobs don't have an amazing intelligence, they just aggro and attack / attack + run...wow, you must be a genius for finding a way to counter them.

I could equip Arcabe robes, an Spear and still own every single mob without problems at all.

I told you already: everything you know, you will know, and you won't know, many of us already knew it way before you.

So yeah, while you are playing with your "tricks", some people out there are owning in PvP/TW against real players with a real brains, or making 350~500k per hour with AoE grinding (and getting much more experience than you).

And really, learn to edit your posts.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    What a coincidence! I can kill mobs my level (magical or physical) taking zero damage too.

But I'd rather not to, because it is wasting time. I'd always rather use MP/Chi, because I can get them with money or simple fight, than wasting my time using unecessary movements to kill a mob. It is plain stupid.

There is nothing "impressive" in PvE, at all. Mobs don't have an amazing intelligence, they just aggro and attack / attack + run...wow, you must be a genius for finding a way to counter them.

I could equip Arcabe robes, an Spear and still own every single mob without problems at all.

I told you already: everything you know, you will know, and you won't know, many of us already knew it way before you.

So yeah, while you are playing with your "tricks", some people out there are owning in PvP/TW against real players with a real brains, or making 350~500k per hour with AoE grinding (and getting much more experience than you).

And really, learn to edit your posts.

I have always said and will repeat again that I have not discovered/invented any of my moves or strategies (I learned them here on these forums). You are the one always saying that I'm claiming that

Yes mobs are predictable as they have routines and if you have an average intelligence you should counter properly on your benefit (rather than fighting every mob the same way with the same skills)

Yes, you can kill any mob based on money. Am I saying otherwise? What I'm saying is: if you dont have the money, there are options by countering smart.

The reason for my post is that many posters here misslead players by saying that sword and fists are useless. Which could not be further from the truth.

Regarding editing. I have told you many times, english is my second language.

A symple question to you Lyndura and be honest:

Where is the merit/fun/achievement/greatness/non-noob behaviour of defeating a mob based on Axes or on money as you are saying?

Myself I have not found an answer to that question. Since any idiot can beat a mob using axes or money as you are saying.b:bye

However, if you use sword or fists you will start using knowledge/improvisation/tactics/moves, ect.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Any idot can beat any mob with any weapon, as simple as that. As I said, there is nothing impressive in PvE.

You don't need "knowledge/improvisation/tactics/moves", and there is no "merit/achievement/greatness/non-noob behaviour" of defeating a mob based on any weapon at all.

One only uses "knowledge/improvisation/tactics/moves" for PvP/TW.

All the weapons work the same way: Go hit the mob, use your marrows, maybe one or two openning skills and heal with sutra once your HP went down to certain amount.

Differences?

Axe/Hammer and Polearm can AoE grind.
    Axe/Hammer and Polearm are money making weapons.
    Axe/Hammer and Polearm are far superior than Swords/Fists in PvP.
    Axe/Hammer and Polearm are far superior than Swords/Fists in TW.

Now, I'll ask you:

Do you really think there is "merit/achievement/greatness/non-noob behaviour" on killing mobs?

And:

Edit = No multiple posts.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

You don't need "knowledge/improvisation/tactics/moves", and there is no "merit/fun/achievement/greatness/non-noob behaviour" of defeating a mob based on any weapon at all.

And:

Edit = No multiple posts.

BTW, dont confuse the topic, I have said that Axes are probably way better than fists and sword in PVP and TW. My point is Toon vs mob in 1v1.

If for you that means nothing that should be the end of the argument.

For me it means all since I dont do PVP or TW. Not interested, if I was, I would use Axes or play other games all toguether with more strategies involved for PVP and TW.

For axes guys 1vs 1mob is the same as 1vs10 mobs. AOE on both cases how lame is that?

Most axes guys are sword and fists failures or guys who never used those weapons.

Rule of thumb: Any fist/sword guy can make it in Axes. The opposite is not true.b:chuckle
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Axe/Hammer and Polearm are money making weapons<<< Really? If what you say is true, I am going to be an axe BM... But you AOE grind, you lvl faster only right? Where does the money come from? You merely kill more mobs and get more money like 5 mobs give you maybe 500 gold and a sword BM killing 5 mobs still get 500 gold??? Isnt that so? Or does AOE grinding increases the drop rate? DUDE you gotta tell me man if it increases drop rate I am so going axe.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Averian, it's the same. What Lyndura is saying is that you can kill the 5 mobs faster.

Faster = more drops in same amount of time = more money

What Granrey is saying (I think), is that it's the process, not the end result that matters.
    More involved game play = more fun

<my interpretation of your thoughts - correct me if I'm wrong>
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oh... sheesh that sucks but AoE grinding requires lots of pots right? Since they require more spamming of the skills? Anyway do you guys buy heiro from people? What if I am on a tight budget? I need skills,need equips and i really want that deavas and I can only buy from people? How do I get the money for more MP pots and heiro???

I cant use real cash just so you know. Lyndura, want to sponsor me?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    What Granrey is saying (I think), is that it's the process, not the end result that matters.
    More involved game play = more fun

<my interpretation of your thoughts - correct me if I'm wrong>

You got it.

For instance, Some axes guys use marrow magical vs Magic/melee mobs, the rest of them use none.

Guess what? I do the opposite. I use marrow physical. Since I will block most of the mag attacks and by having marrow physical on, I take way less damage from these mobs (again, I did not invent/discover this, lol)

Guess who is getting more profit on the kill?

is this necesary? no. If you have good economics like Lyndura you dont have to. Or if you are an axes guy, you take 10 magic mobs at once and then you become more efficient than me.

Sometimes, I'm fighting a magic mob and another spawn right next to it. The new spanning is so opportunistic that he spawned almost when I'm finishing this mob and I dont want to lose the kill by retreating.

What do I do? I leap back and finish my mob with my bow. Fun? you bet

Axes guys? AOE again. Where is the fun?b:bye
  • cathbar
    edited May 2009

Do get off your high horse, will you? I said "I liked the sound of it" not "I'm sure to be mightily impressive when I play like that"

Some of us play to have fun, not to be "TEH BEST BM IN TEH GAME ZOMG". It is a game, don't forget.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well i dont use fists swords or axes... i have chose to follow the spear path, but since no one is mentioning them, i suppose i made the worst choice, oh well...too late to change now
    b:shocked
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Oh... sheesh that sucks but AoE grinding requires lots of pots right? Since they require more spamming of the skills? Anyway do you guys buy heiro from people? What if I am on a tight budget? I need skills,need equips and i really want that deavas and I can only buy from people? How do I get the money for more MP pots and heiro???

I cant use real cash just so you know. Lyndura, want to sponsor me?

Axe/Polearm BM's make enough money to pay charms, repairs, mijis and still be able to make millions to make equipment and other stuff, by simply AoE grinding.

That is what most BM's that I know have done, and they don't use real money in the game, myself included.

Unless they are completely unskilled to make money, it is not surprise to see most Axe BM's with Calamity Axes, Misty Forest Rings, good equipment, etc; and still be able to buy charms/dolls/mounts/whatever.

@Paulita: Polearm = Spear/Poleblade/Shaft.