Are you guys missing someone else?

seduce
seduce Posts: 37 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
There has been so many "anti-nef" or "let's-take-down-nef" post. But arent u guys missing someone else? Hello? Legendary is holding on to nearly half of the territories on the map. So why is it always about rallying all factions to take down Nefarious instead of taking down Legendary? Isnt the server's practice to take down the faction with the least amount of lands first? Which is currently Legendary?

Comments comments comments b:laugh
Post edited by seduce on

Comments

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    seduce wrote: »
    There has been so many "anti-nef" or "let's-take-down-nef" post. But arent u guys missing someone else? Hello? Legendary is holding on to nearly half of the territories on the map. So why is it always about rallying all factions to take down Nefarious instead of taking down Legendary? Isnt the server's practice to take down the faction with the least amount of lands first? Which is currently Legendary?

Comments comments comments b:laugh

It's a roleplaying thing. Nef is "the Dark Empire" for now simply because we have the most land. S'okay with me. It will be the same ( look at all the other servers...same story ) no matter who is at the top.

Can't speak for Legendary...they might like the down low thing. Certainly less hassle as they grow quietly stronger.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Few differences between Nef and Leg:
    1. Nef has been on the map for the longest time period
    2. Nef owns the biggest amount of territories
    3. Nef looks more aggressive than Leg
    4. Nef's territories are red
  • seduce
    seduce Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Few differences between Nef and Leg:
    1. Nef has been on the map for the longest time period
    2. Nef owns the biggest amount of territories
    3. Nef looks more aggressive than Leg
    4. Nef's territories are red

1. That's because they dare to take on the wraiths of the territory first which no other factions dare to.
    2. They earned their lands.
    3. If u noticed, Leg was having only 4 lands for a period of time and from calculation, Leg actually took more lands than Nef after that 'dry season' so isnt it right to say Leg are more aggressive? I dunno bout this though. Its just based on my own opinion. I might be wrong on this. :P
    4. And ur point is?
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    4. Red is a very aggressive and scary color?

lol
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    seduce wrote: »
    1. That's because they dare to take on the wraiths of the territory first which no other factions dare to.
    2. They earned their lands.
    3. If u noticed, Leg was having only 4 lands for a period of time and from calculation, Leg actually took more lands than Nef after that 'dry season' so isnt it right to say Leg are more aggressive? I dunno bout this though. Its just based on my own opinion. I might be wrong on this. :P
    4. And ur point is?

You make my points sound like I was attacking/blaming Nef, what I wasn't doing. I was just pointing obvious things why Nef attracts more attention than Leg.

1-2. I agree that that they earned their lands and that deserve them. After how many weeks next guild managed to get a land?
    3. Honestly, I didn't notice. When I started to play I wasn't interested in TW and who owns which territory for a long time.
    4. It is more based on psychology. Red is more intense color and attracts more attention compared to orange. Taking a look at territory map, the first you notice Nef's red lands and only then Legendary.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Checking the top 50 bored you see more Nef than Leg. Checking the TW map you see more red than orange. This is why people perceive Nef as the greater threat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Checking the top 50 bored you see more Nef than Leg. Checking the TW map you see more red than orange. This is why people perceive Nef as the greater threat.

Threat to what? Pixals? Those who don't have land? Threat to Legendary perhaps ( but that could go both ways ). Certainly not the rest of the un-landed factions. If anything they are the "threat" to both Nef and Legendary.

Odd game this. b:chuckle
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There's one more thing: nefarious sounds evilb:cute
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

Ah...true. Good point. b:pleased
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think the biggest threat that Nef and Leg pose to the smaller factions is the higher lvl's from smaller factions all want to join either of these factions, some for good reason, and others for perhaps not such good reason.

Either way I will most likely never join either, to me there are only 3 reasons to join. One is to be in a large strong faction who gets you paid. Second is to be in a large faction to try to get help with gather materials from world bosses, TT, and the like. And third is to be a trendy a-hole.

As for me personally I can find my way of getting what I want one way or another. I don't need a large faction get me mats, I dont care about being paid so much, and I am certainly not a trendy a-hole.b:chuckle
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:cute Both seem to think that they will forever dominate, but they wont. No faction can hold the map forever, it is *nearly* impossible in this game. Faction hoppers will be faction hoppers, those who want to 'win' and be on the 'winning team'. How do you think both got so strong in the first place? A majority came from previous factions who owned Territory.
    b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Devablade - Sanctuary
    Devablade - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:cute Both seem to think that they will forever dominate, but they wont. No faction can hold the map forever, it is *nearly* impossible in this game. Faction hoppers will be faction hoppers, those who want to 'win' and be on the 'winning team'. How do you think both got so strong in the first place? A majority came from previous factions who owned Territory.
    b:kiss

1 will always dominate. If 1 falls, the other will reap the rewards. Nef has been growing strong for as long as i can remember. People leave, they have even bigger demands of people waiting to enter anyways. As long as holding land brings so much bounty, the line ups will always fill up.

Even if Leg or Nef somehow manages to lose alot of land, nothing will change. The core members will stay, the hoppers will go. In an mmo u gotta learn that to be on top u cant choose who the members are cause in the long run, u need both the a-holes and the good players.

As for why people make nef a target? why not, there is only 2 factions on the map. If people would be aiming for leg it would be the same question being asked. Why would factions attack different targets when every 1 knows a "joint" attack would be much more promising. 3 big guilds getting a same time slot might spell disaster for eather leg or nef, other then that its just gonna be plain old fun for them in TW. If any of the 2 factions think that they are gonna have 1 on 1s well they should of never taken so many lands in the first place. The tw system basicly wants you to attack from multiple fronts or they wouldnt have 3-4 fights per time slot.

As to why the server has been "letting" them both own the entire map is beyond me. The whole server knew that this was gonna happen eventualy, the only way to prevent this was to attack them all at once.

Anyways depending on how things boil up in the next few weeks it might get interesting again, cause the map has been dying for action since the old 3 hour fights for land.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Id have to agree with most of what you said Deva.....except for that first bit about 1 will always dominate.

It amazed me that everyone sat idly by squabbling over leftovers, instead of attacking the growing forces. Sadly, I was too busy leveling up to do much about it myself, or else I wouldve been more than happy to join.

I myself hope that TW heats up soon. Its one of the main aspects of this game, and its been as you said, rather dry lately. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Nevarya - Sanctuary
    Nevarya - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009

b:chuckle
    ne⋅far⋅i⋅ous   /nɪˈfɛəriəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ni-fair-ee-uhs]

–adjective extremely wicked or villainous; iniquitous: a nefarious plot.

Don't Believe Me; Click
  • Shamster - Sanctuary
    Shamster - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I can believe that some factions are 'hostile' versus Nef of Leg

When they finally conquered a land ... you never know ^^. Chances are great that Nef/Leg will jump back on it ... which is good because then you can prove as a faction that you deserved the land.

We'll see how it goes ... There is a faction attempting to get one territory in the near future. from who is still unknown.
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Also a good chunk of nef's people are just A** holes, where as Legendary has some overall decent people.

I say this from personal experience with people from both factions.

(also this isn't saying that ALL people in nef are jerks...just a lot of them.)
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i met more jerks in nef than in legend, oh wait... i dont remember a single one from leg just yet....>.> and granted my interaction with nef is very small and sometimes 2nd handed account from peeps, but well.. the few experience and the few 2nd hand account i heard from friends is enough for me to say that i prefer legend over nef
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i met more jerks in nef than in legend, oh wait... i dont remember a single one from leg just yet....>.> and granted my interaction with nef is very small and sometimes 2nd handed account from peeps, but well.. the few experience and the few 2nd hand account i heard from friends is enough for me to say that i prefer legend over nef

not all neffies are bad and not al leggies are good... but id say theres alot more jerks in nef than leg from my experiences from lv 30 onwards ive ment lots of them
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Back when I was still a lowbie was when I had my first interaction with nef. I was in archosaur trying to teleport somewhere. At the time, I knew nothing about TW except that random messages in red that came on that I never paid attention to. When i got to the teleport master, I see dozens of nefarious crowding over it. My natural assumption was that they are doing this to prank everyone else ( idid notknow about the alt-shift then) and be an annoyance. For the next 40 lvls or so, I told myself nefarious were full of a-holes and that I would hate em, but as time progressed, i realized how stupid of a reason it is to hate them. I believe many people have similar (not exact) reasons like myself that they dislike nef. Reasons that probably cant remember, or accounts from third parties because they really cant think for themselves or lack personally interaction. Or is it because they are so successful and this backwards modern day society makes you think that supporting the underdog is the right thing to do and the "evil dominating" empire is the one to hate? Seriously, unless they, as a faction, has griefed you countless times or trashed talked you in numerous occasion... get over yourselves.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Back when I was still a lowbie was when I had my first interaction with nef. I was in archosaur trying to teleport somewhere. At the time, I knew nothing about TW except that random messages in red that came on that I never paid attention to. When i got to the teleport master, I see dozens of nefarious crowding over it. My natural assumption was that they are doing this to prank everyone else ( idid notknow about the alt-shift then) and be an annoyance. For the next 40 lvls or so, I told myself nefarious were full of a-holes and that I would hate em, but as time progressed, i realized how stupid of a reason it is to hate them. I believe many people have similar (not exact) reasons like myself that they dislike nef. Reasons that probably cant remember, or accounts from third parties because they really cant think for themselves or lack personally interaction. Or is it because they are so successful and this backwards modern day society makes you think that supporting the underdog is the right thing to do and the "evil dominating" empire is the one to hate? Seriously, unless they, as a faction, has griefed you countless times or trashed talked you in numerous occasion... get over yourselves.

the main reason i dislike them in generall is cuz they have abit of a ego/attitude and **** ppl off by dragging bosses, stealing zhen mobs, and budging on bosses... not solid rules but it does get quite annoying
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the main reason i dislike them in generall is cuz they have abit of a ego/attitude and **** ppl off by dragging bosses, stealing zhen mobs, and budging on bosses... not solid rules but it does get quite annoying

Not trying to take sides or anything, this view is from a neutral standpoint. I believe it depends on the person as an individual, not the entire faction of who do those sort of things.

But I can tell you, people with that sort of negativity are not really good assets to any faction, and if the faction leaders/officers do their job, they are weeded out.

I don't know how Nef leadership works; however, in any successful faction, Leaders/Officers must make sacrifices, make the right decisions, and set things straight for the overall better of the faction.

Getting to the point - It's not uncommon to meet those sorts of individuals in any faction, but they are almost always dealt with. Just don't assume one person speaks for a faction of 200.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Not trying to take sides or anything, this view is from a neutral standpoint. I believe it depends on the person as an individual, not the entire faction of who do those sort of things.

But I can tell you, people with that sort of negativity are not really good assets to any faction, and if the faction leaders/officers do their job, they are weeded out.

I don't know how Nef leadership works; however, in any successful faction, Leaders/Officers must make sacrifices, make the right decisions, and set things straight for the overall better of the faction.

Getting to the point - It's not uncommon to meet those sorts of individuals in any faction, but they are almost always dealt with. Just don't assume one person speaks for a faction of 200.

there usually a group of atleast 3 who do it =_____________= usually including a exec (2bms 1 cleric...)
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there usually a group of atleast 3 who do it =_____________= usually including a exec (2bms 1 cleric...)

Take down names next time, let us know. And we'll deal with it.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So if someone who seems to be in high level, have hi-quality gear and all set for successful fight in TW suddenly approaches head of a small guild saying the big guild are jerks etc and wants to join... It'd be a good idea to call up the leader of a big guild and ask what's the story, right?
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2009

although I can not comfirm any validity in your statement (since I personally have never experienced this occur in and out of nef) please do not generalize the image of a guild because of a few bad apples. Yes it is only correct for the leadership of a faction to make sure that everyone of its members withholds the principles of the guild but in actuality, it is easier said than done. Bring it up with the leaders in NEF if it occurs. If you want to generalize a faction due to individuals, I dont know why Rebirth isnt the most hated faction in our server. A certain archer with an entire dictionary of "colorful" language exists in that faction yet his inflated ego does not deserve enough mention to judge the entire faction? If that is the way you all want to judge then, make it consistent and do not hide behind this weak arguement to attack a single faction because of your personal vendettas you cant admit to. I dont buy any of it.

*when i say "you" i am not attacking andromedaB, this is directed to the general public*
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    although I can not comfirm any validity in your statement (since I personally have never experienced this occur in and out of nef) please do not generalize the image of a guild because of a few bad apples. Yes it is only correct for the leadership of a faction to make sure that everyone of its members withholds the principles of the guild but in actuality, it is easier said than done. Bring it up with the leaders in NEF if it occurs. If you want to generalize a faction due to individuals, I dont know why Rebirth isnt the most hated faction in our server. A certain archer with an entire dictionary of "colorful" language exists in that faction yet his inflated ego does not deserve enough mention to judge the entire faction? If that is the way you all want to judge then, make it consistent and do not hide behind this weak arguement to attack a single faction because of your personal vendettas you cant admit to. I dont buy any of it.

*when i say "you" i am not attacking AndromedaB, this is directed to the general public*

really i thought steel/nwo was most hated...
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    So if someone who seems to be in high level, have hi-quality gear and all set for successful fight in TW suddenly approaches head of a small guild saying the big guild are jerks etc and wants to join... It'd be a good idea to call up the leader of a big guild and ask what's the story, right?

Yep...think of it as a job application.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    really i thought steel/nwo was most hated...

Both of them are off the map so people turn thier attention to those who are left. I think the OP is about "sharing the luv". b:kiss
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    One faction will always take over map due to the fact of refining.

Territory governers are the only realistic way of getting +12, this means that after you have a +12 weapon to one hit people, you move onto armour etc. where you have so much hp its impossible for people to kill you 1v1. Takes a while sometimes but things migrate to it always.

This is ignoring factor of money and teleport, money generally helps in the start of the game and is a "useful extra" towards higher levels
  • Earcher - Sanctuary
    Earcher - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    actually i realise something. nefarious forum has more posts than this official pwi forum
    Elfen Lied is my life