Watch what you're casting!

Mohkano - Sanctuary
Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
Before you go casting Celestial Guardian's Seal on a person, make sure they don't have Apothecary stuff running, please.

Every single time I party with a cleric, they automatically buff me up with that before I can say otherwise even though it is quite inferior to the apoc powders.

Learn your character, and also learn that not every buff is good for every person. Look at who you're supporting and make sure that you don't **** up anything they're already doing before you let loose with your skills.

Also, it would be kind of FA clerics to wait a moment before casting stuff when partying BMs, as it's really annoying to try to take the aggro back all the time.

This might sound like stupidly simple stuff, but I'd say most of the clerics I've partied with pay no attention to it whatsoever.

That is all.
Post edited by Mohkano - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Celestial Guardian's Seal is evil... just don't use it on everyone except for yourself :P

50 or 100 HP/MP Regen/sec >> Level 10 Celestial Guardian's Seal
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Deathrowjr - Sanctuary
    Deathrowjr - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Easy simple solutions
    1)Don't use your powders until after they buff you
    2)Tell them asap that you have a powder on you
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think this topic has been covered many times. I think most of the cleric community always check to see if people are running orbs or powders but it would be helpful if people just straight up said they were running something or planned on it.

2)Tell them asap that you have a powder on you - /agree
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I never cast it at all unless someone requests it. It's in none of my buffing macros either... lol
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I always try to check if they have those before buffing. But it's easy to miss sometimes, and if I do over buff them and I realize I apologize.

Sure, it's easy to say "just don't use that buff", but then why did we spend all that SP and coin? And it really can be useful for some classes.

~Del
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I understand what you’re getting at – but believe me, Clerics are victims of this mishap just as much as any other profession.

I was fully buffed and solo grinding on Wood mobs last night when a Cleric – obviously much higher level than me judging by his armour – came over and re-buffed me again:

Me: “Errr…..thanks, but I was already fully buffed you know.”

Cleric: “Lolz…ur buffs r lowbie….mine r lvl 10 lollerskates…”

Me: “Yes, but I was actually using Life and Focus power… O_o”

Cleric: “……i R lVL 10!” (Or something to that effect.)

I have two “Buffing Macros” on my skill bar: one with the HP/MP buff and one without. I only ever use the former if I see they have no buffs on them at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've only ever run into this problem once, back when I was in the level 40 range. Most people know my buffs are on a combo macro. Don't want the buff, don't ask me to buff you because I don't care if you're using a pot.

To be frank, if you're asking a cleric to buff you, its saving you that pot, better or not. Then again, at my level, either pot or buff isn't enough to keep you alive anyway and people don't waste their time over such a trivial matter.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Before you go casting Celestial Guardian's Seal on a person, make sure they don't have Apothecary stuff running, please.

Every single time I party with a cleric, they automatically buff me up with that before I can say otherwise even though it is quite inferior to the apoc powders.

Learn your character, and also learn that not every buff is good for every person. Look at who you're supporting and make sure that you don't **** up anything they're already doing before you let loose with your skills.

Also, it would be kind of FA clerics to wait a moment before casting stuff when partying BMs, as it's really annoying to try to take the aggro back all the time.

This might sound like stupidly simple stuff, but I'd say most of the clerics I've partied with pay no attention to it whatsoever.

That is all.

Go cry somewhere else. We have to watch for every damn thing and get blamed for every single thing, and now you are crying about buffs?? lol??
    Find a way around by:

a)telling them...go figure if you are on the forums you can write, probably.
    b)use your stuff after you get buffed
    c)dont party with a cleric ever again
    b:dirty
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Many threads about this has be made and clerics always come here and say
    "oh I always check if they have buff befor.... oh shut up
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited May 2009
    Go cry somewhere else. We have to watch for every damn thing and get blamed for every single thing, and now you are crying about buffs?? lol??
    Find a way around by:

a)telling them...go figure if you are on the forums you can write, probably.
    b)use your stuff after you get buffed
    c)dont party with a cleric ever again

WOOOOOOT go Nelae you tell em b:victory
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    They should make all Powders have some dam... priority over every single level of Celestial Guardian's seal.

So no matter how hard that noob Cleric tries to overwrite your powder. You can laugh at his **** while he/she QQs and waste mana.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They should make all Powders have some dam... priority over every single level of Celestial Guardian's seal.

So no matter how hard that noob Cleric tries to overwrite your powder. You can laugh at his **** while he/she QQs and waste mana.

I doubt the cleric will cry, though I'm pretty sure if you laugh at them, you will start receiving no buffs at all from anyone. b:chuckle It's happened in Sanctuary with players who have the wrong gaming attitude.

Be thankful for the buffs- we don't need to stop what we are doing and buff you up.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Powders should have a different buff icon completely, and the clerics buffs shouldnt be overwritten ever. The game shouldnt allow a lvl 10 buff to be overwritten by a lvl 9 or lvl 2 buff !!! And why cant we see the levels of the buffs on the player, its just a basic description!
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • caelb
    caelb Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I too become ultra paranoid whenever I have powders up...and if I ever see a barbarian with, what looks like, celestial on him. The problem sometimes is that I as well as others buff the person before they even can see you approaching so there is no time to warn of powders at work.

I completely agree with the fact that they should make powders unable to be overridden(AND HAVE A DIFFERENT ICON...no reason for the way it is...) but am not so sure about normal buffs sharing those same traits. Worst case scenario if someone tries to override your buff with a lower end buff, you simply waste a tad of mana to remove theirs and tell them to stop that. If they could not override, then it would be much more difficult to actually sustain the good buffs on someone and would have to keep a very keen eye for when the old ones expire because lets face it, they are lifesavers. 10 seconds without buffs might kill someone in an fb or aoe grinding. The only purpose I am spilling out my feelings on the matter is that maybe this has been discussed before and I am wasting my time, but maybe could we request a few changes in a future patch? The current system does not seem intuitive at all. And really now...celestial is a pretty lame skill as it is, would it be that op to actually stack with powders?...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is nothing you can really do about people who randomly buff. They should not, but there are a lot of those out there that think they somehow are obligated to buff ppl all the time. And this can be said for some of the veno's out there too that randomly buff ppl in towns and such.

The issue then arises when in a squad. IF you are grinding, the cleric you are grinding with should alrdy have the knowledge that you are using a powder. If not, it is failure to communicate on you part.

I personally do not use the full squad buffs usually unless alone (bc it lasts for an hr...b:victory) or if I am running fb's/HH's. Even then you ask if everyone is rdy and wanting buffs. If someone does not, then they can leave the squad for a moment or the individual buffs can be utilized.

Ultimately what it comes down to is you telling the cleric if you want the buffs or not. There have been plenty of times when I have had squad members ask for one buff only and that is easy.

The random buffers....something you are going to have to deal with in the lower level towns. Once you get to the higher level towns, you will need to ask for a buff(s), as they are not given out randomly.

To the Clerics out there.....DO NOT RANDOMLY BUFF! You do not have too and it is not our job to make sure everyone has buffs. It is a waste of mana and time. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When I see a person in my party with the regen indications on him/her I don't buff them. I have been buffed a few times while using powders and I use powders all the time when I grind/questing - sucks if you run on a Cleric that's not carefull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    When I see a person in my party with the regen indications on him/her I don't buff them. I have been buffed a few times while using powders and I use powders all the time when I grind/questing - sucks if you run on a Cleric that's not carefull.

So? It happens, and i am sure that the most clerics dont intend to overwrite your powders. And case be, you wouldn't see that many random buffers if there is no demands for it....and just fly by any town and i am sure youll get "buff me please" in a matter of seconds.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So? It happens, and i am sure that the most clerics dont intend to overwrite your powders. And case be, you wouldn't see that many random buffers if there is no demands for it....and just fly by any town and i am sure youll get "buff me please" in a matter of seconds.

No one said that they intend to overwrite your powders, it's just that many don't know that powders have the same indications as the regen buff. I wouldn't know that either if I hadn't used powders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    I doubt the cleric will cry, though I'm pretty sure if you laugh at them, you will start receiving no buffs at all from anyone. b:chuckle It's happened in Sanctuary with players who have the wrong gaming attitude.

Be thankful for the buffs- we don't need to stop what we are doing and buff you up.

It's ok... 99% of the people I play with in the game think I'm kind of a nice saint like player... mwuahhaha! I can act really well. b:victory

• Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hmmmmm....
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol, I've buffed over my own activated pots. xD b:embarrass

I think that it's not usually common for people to have pots on when in a party with a cleric. So if you are going use one before buffing up, just say something in the squad or to the cleric, lol.

When I join a party with just a few people for grinding or something and they have buffs on, I assume they are using powders and just rebuff everything else. If their hp/mp regen disappears soon after assuming they had pots on, I give them that buff.

I don't have much to say about clerics who see people and just buff them. Not anything you can do... I've had low level clerics give me buffs. :P
  • Mohkano - Sanctuary
    Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, the problem isn't so much partying with someone when I know before hand that I am going to be buffed, but rather when I'm grinding by myself and my hands are dancing across the keys as I'm casting different things and kiting and whatnot, and in guild chat as well, and some random cleric comes by and starts buffing me.

I think you should have some basic guidelines as a cleric, even if you're being a goodhearted person:
    Don't buff someone unless you are in a situation where you are supposed to such as against a boss or when you're in a party with them, or they specifically ask to be buffed.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well, the problem isn't so much partying with someone when I know before hand that I am going to be buffed, but rather when I'm grinding by myself and my hands are dancing across the keys as I'm casting different things and kiting and whatnot, and in guild chat as well, and some random cleric comes by and starts buffing me.
    K that would suck lol >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I think you should have some basic guidelines as a cleric, even if you're being a goodhearted person:
    Don't buff someone unless you are in a situation where you are supposed to such as against a boss or when you're in a party with them, or they specifically ask to be buffed.

Haha, that is what I meant when I said "I don't have much to say about clerics who see people and just buff them. Not anything you can do... I've had low level clerics give me buffs. :P"

I think that is pretty much common sense, but even people who need to be told that, don't all come to read this thread. It's going to happen sometime.
  • caelb
    caelb Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm telling you, I know the world can go on with the current system, but I cant think of a single argument against powders stacking with celestial. If someone can think of one let me know. I make due in life by constantly living by a code of no buffing unless you have been given the green light but the fact of the matter is from now until the end of time, there will always be buffers ruining powders(which aren't cheap in my eyes) and there is no reason for that. Celestial is used little enough as it is, change a status icon or something...
  • Torrakreos - Harshlands
    Torrakreos - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I can't even count how many powders i lost to clerics with their random buffs on my other chars. And they always give the same dopey answer "don't u wanna get buffed?". I played a cleric too and MINDED MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS! I understand if u rolled a cleric to help your squad mates but why are you random buffing? Don't offer help if ur not asked. Anyway if a cleric uses that DEBUFF on me when im grinding with powders i interpret it as agression (cuz its a debuff in this case) and if he/she isn't a very high lvl ill pk him/her. Mind your own business...b:angry
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I can't even count how many powders i lost to clerics with their random buffs on my other chars. And they always give the same dopey answer "don't u wanna get buffed?". I played a cleric too and MINDED MY OWN DAMN BUSINESS! I understand if u rolled a cleric to help your squad mates but why are you random buffing? Don't offer help if ur not asked. Anyway if a cleric uses that DEBUFF on me when im grinding with powders i interpret it as agression (cuz its a debuff in this case) and if he/she isn't a very high lvl ill pk him/her. Mind your own business...b:angry

Yeah, as a cleric never buff or help no one of your own good will, cause 1 in 100000 times you will accidentally cast hp/mp buff and overwrite his powder.
    And dont get res cause "mind your own damn business" so you wont be able to help some random poor champ that died.

DONT DO THAT EVER!!!

Now really! Go suck a lemon and leave us clerics alone.
  • Torrakreos - Harshlands
    Torrakreos - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tough words from a class that messes things up more than helps solving. I didn't say dont get rez (although dolls prevent exp loss and scrolls save u a trip back so rez is unnecesary but oh well...) Im only talking cuz i had bad experiences with clerics. Idiots that buffed me once then after re-powdering came back and buffed me again, gimps who go lvl up their buffs and ALL HEALS and leave plume and cyclone low and cant PVE without help and buff me expecting me to do their quest, another genius who kept healing a mage who KS me and i was trying to get him killed so he would leave me alone. All im saying is think before u act because u can do alot of damage. The fact that u have heals and buffs doesnt mean u should go around and use them aimlessly. And if ur free to buff whoever u want, im free to get pi$$ed and kill u...b:bye
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tough words from a class that messes things up more than helps solving. I didn't say dont get rez (although dolls prevent exp loss and scrolls save u a trip back so rez is unnecesary but oh well...) Im only talking cuz i had bad experiences with clerics. Idiots that buffed me once then after re-powdering came back and buffed me again, gimps who go lvl up their buffs and ALL HEALS and leave plume and cyclone low and cant PVE without help and buff me expecting me to do their quest, another genius who kept healing a mage who KS me and i was trying to get him killed so he would leave me alone. All im saying is think before u act because u can do alot of damage. The fact that u have heals and buffs doesnt mean u should go around and use them aimlessly. And if ur free to buff whoever u want, im free to get pi$$ed and kill u...b:bye

Dude, your on a PvP server, it's in the clerics' best interest to ruin your buffs and get you weak/killed, just to laugh at you and brag how you are incompetent without buffs... You know, there are "accidents" that aren't "coincidental" (and the majority of noobs will never get that fact) <.<
    edited May 2009
    I completely agree with nelae, you people should go cry to someone who gives a damn, may this thread, and the threads opener die.