• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i have tried both non **** biulds for wiz
    both suck

and because i tried pure and LA i know how it does
    not too great

Well, you know the solution when following "BUILDS" fails, right? That's simple. Make your own. b:victory I grow so tired of seeing "My class suxxors cuz no builds work for them."

I'm going to suggest something here and feel free to flame, it's cool. Wizards have a Pdef buff, correct? As do clerics, and BM's. And guess what? They ALL stack! But unlike Cleric and BM buffs, Wizards can only use them on themselves. Do you realize that with three PDef buffs and Light Armor just how much Physical Resist you actually gain?

Problem is, you people are thinking linearly here. Saying a class sucks because of what it's own skills are is a viable set of thinking, yeah, but it fails to take into account the fact that this is a party game as well as a solo game. Sure, your own set of skills may not shine. But think about how often you see Barbs with Cleric buffs, or Bramble Guard? Cannot the same be said for other classes? I can SOLO Gouf without a pet with a Blademaster buff. With cleric buffs, and healing? Gouf isn't even a threat. I can even do Kimsa like that. Toss in a Barb buff for HP and Damage? Look out world.

Now, before going on a tangent here, let me ask you to evaluate it this way. IF you had every single buff on a character, which one would shine, and where? Look at builds, look at stats, look at skills. Take a nice hard look before you take a kneejerk reaction like VENOS ARE OP, or WIZZIES SUCK! Because, we all have friends that could come over, dump a buff on us, and leave, so we can go back to soloing. Hell, several passing people dispense buffs. The AoE ones that can only be used in a squad last a long time, while the ones that can be used out of it only last a little, but either way, it's not that hard to get buffs. Just ask. And then tell me the power of your class. Until you do that, you're only taking a look at a fraction of your true power.
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i have tried both non **** biulds for wiz
    both suck

and because i tried pure and LA i know how it does
    not too great

Try out one of the **** builds b:laugh. I hear heavy armor wizzes are amazing in pvp b:victory

I actually know a wiz with this build... but it's only good until people find out he's heavy.. and then he's DEAD. Also, arcane people own him =D.
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Isala,

I don't think you can tank Kimsa with just the BM party buff and heals from a cleric. Unless you got 3-4 good clerics and lots of vit. BUT, good point you made in that post. I still think VENOS ARE OP (with nix...) and WIZZIES SUCK pvp.
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that's just BS. How would giving Wizards a Magic attack buff like the clerics set them apart? it would make them more similar!!

As a cleric I'm bored of the limited attack skills I have. I wouldn't mind some different elements, and I definitely wouldn't mind a skill giving me +100% Physical defense of equipment value instead of a skill that lasts 20 seconds and just drains my charm over that period. it's not even usable without a charm (btw. I'm talking about plume shell). Yes it keeps me alive for a while, but duels just prove how much MP it drains.

Just to clarify, I meant a mag. attack buff that only we can give to ourselves. And, when I said set mages apart from clerics, i meant damage wise. When was the last time you played a game where the healer and the nuker do similar damage?
    Whats wrong with 60% phys def. for an hour? My 100% only lasts 15 minutes. And, at least you have a damage absorption skill, mages dont get one. You can also stack a regen heal on yourself before attacking a mob. I have to cast something that takes what seems like 10 minutes to heal myself, and it can only be done inbetween mobs (without essential sutra). Which im ok with because im a mage, not a cleric, but why are you complaining about about a difference in 40% phys def, when yours lasts for an hour and you can heal the **** out of yourself.
    You roll a cleric to buff and heal, and mage to do damage. Why would clerics need more attack skills when their primary duty is to buff and heal, and the ones they have are already pretty kickass?
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The Wiz can kill any other class just as fast as they can kill The Wiz..
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Isala,

I don't think you can tank Kimsa with just the BM party buff and heals from a cleric. Unless you got 3-4 good clerics and lots of vit. BUT, good point you made in that post. I still think VENOS ARE OP (with nix...) and WIZZIES SUCK pvp.

I suppose I didn't clarify, sorry. There were 2 clerics. And with my gear, and natural Vit, I have over 83 Vitality. Plus I had a charm. And I used an Undine to reduce his Physical Attack. Never said it was easy, just that I could. I was spamming the **** out of potions. Like I said, I went on a tangent. But I just get so tired of seeing people pidgeonhole classes, you know? You are [insert class here] do [insert task here].

I've made a Veno that others shudder at. But it works. I've sacrificed attack for survival. I've modified the LA build to give me 60 Vit, and less Mag. I have 2 sets of gear, depending on what I'm tanking. And a third set that does nothing but boost magic. I phys def shard my armor, and mag def shard my robes, and MP shard my magic gear. I have pure mag Venos, Arcane Vit Venos, LA venos, and a heavy Veno in my faction. That doesn't even go into the other classes.

There are so many ways to play each individual class, it's almost impossible to judge their weakness based on a class as a whole. The normal way of thinking is wrong. Every class does NOT have it's place. Every BM isn't going to DD the same way, and some are better tanks than barbs. Every wizard is not going to die by even catching the eye of a mob. Every cleric is not your own personal sentient healing charm. I know an attack cleric that wrecks anything that moves. I had an archer tank FB59 for me. An ARCHER. Not a barb, not a caster, since the mobs in there are casting mobs, an archer. And I know a barb that speed kills anything that moves, and has millions in his bank.

The saddest thing? Most people are just going to glance over this post, and probably most of the other posts in this thread, click the Reply button, and make another post claiming how THIS class is bad, or THIS class is overpowered, without even stopping to think what kind of setup is behind their topic of choice. Because, in the end, nobody wants to evaluate the opinions they have formed, and when someone challenges them they hold on to them even harder. And that is why threads like this will never stop. And on a grander scheme, why the human race will never stop fighting with itself. It's the only thing we really know how to do. We are driven, for whatever reason, to be superior, to be right. We just never question why it is we think that way in the first place.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    NON of the classes in PWi suck!!!!!
    There are class and builds of that class for every game style.
    Simply following builds that other lay out is what makes you believe it sucks.

Find your game style, see what other say out of experience and judge and make something new that works FOR YOU
    b:dirty
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    NON of the classes in PWi suck!!!!!
    There are class and builds of that class for every game style.
    Simply following builds that other lay out is what makes you believe it sucks.

Find your game style, see what other say out of experience and judge and make something new that works FOR YOU
    lol

just lol
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    necroed your own thread? b:chuckle
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well since this is back up>.>
    i voted for wiz! felt they could use some pity after getting the shaft for MOST of the squad type PvE.
    archers in general deals more dmg than the wiz due to long cast time on spells
    bm got a phys def buff for a party and got good aoe skills, not to mention heaven's flame amp
    barb must have tank for most of PvE
    cleric must have healing for most of PvE
    veno usually prefered so u can pull mobs 1 by 1 instead of killing in 2-3 also can work as tank with herc.
    wiz:>.>less dmg overall than archer, cant tank, no real party buff, got 1 sucky heal spell which is usually unusedXD
    well wiz seems to be in high demand for rebirth runs nowdays so u guys are lucky there, that or it could just be the peeps i go with are missing wizzies>.>

though i heard u guys are in high demand for TW, havent done one yet so i cant say but i hope u guys are, so wiz arent completely shafted in the grand scheme of things and what not
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    La la la la la la la

Cleric...

La la la la la la ... all other classes blow and suck.

I own.

P.S. Oh ****, voted for Cleric as the "weakest class" lol.... Or it wasn't a mistake o.O? Muwhaha this thread's useless anyways b:chuckle
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wizards probably have the most potential in the game that only shows late late in the game. i think we should wait til some really ridiculous lvl'd wizards to judge. what i hear is endgame archers run from endgame wizards, with chi pots.

also, essential sutra + morning dew = backup heal lololol
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    its when this game was cool
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    well since this is back up>.>
    i voted for wiz! felt they could use some pity after getting the shaft for MOST of the squad type PvE.
    archers in general deals more dmg than the wiz due to long cast time on spells
    bm got a phys def buff for a party and got good aoe skills, not to mention heaven's flame amp
    barb must have tank for most of PvE
    cleric must have healing for most of PvE
    veno usually prefered so u can pull mobs 1 by 1 instead of killing in 2-3 also can work as tank with herc.
    wiz:>.>less dmg overall than archer, cant tank, no real party buff, got 1 sucky heal spell which is usually unusedXD
    well wiz seems to be in high demand for rebirth runs nowdays so u guys are lucky there, that or it could just be the peeps i go with are missing wizzies>.>

though i heard u guys are in high demand for TW, havent done one yet so i cant say but i hope u guys are, so wiz arent completely shafted in the grand scheme of things and what not

Where's Mumintroll to read this post when QQing about the wizard days of yore? The role and need of wizards really hasn't changed. Good quoting material, even if the person above my post necro'd the topic. b:cute
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This is a necro indeed.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    inb4GMclosesThread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wizzys are still pretty weak in 1v1 pvp. Mass PvP they are above average, but still not the best.
    Although barbs aren't great anymore either.

Go tanking build --> Sin does it better. Go DPS build --> Sin does it better. PvP? Sin does it better.

This thread reminds me that almost nothing has changed with the old classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    /inb4lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • venovini
    venovini Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah i dont like to say this, but wizz is weakest class, damage and defense are nothing compared to seeker. Channeling is very slow, at endgame i think wizz only can get abt 60% -chan, that make psy is still better with their black voodoo.b:angry
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wizzies need something in the way of a squad buff that's actually useful.
    Idk why you guys think we suck. Before sins we were one of the the better 1v1 classes endgame, and ***** in group pvp and TW.

But nowadays sins kill us if we even flirt with the idea of leaving the sz, so we aren't exactly the best in 1v1 anymore...
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    In before the lock, and I'd have to say that no class can really be defined as a weakest class, but its subject to what the player likes in this game.

I would have said probably cleric earlier on, but my cleric has really been shining since I've gotten more experienced with her, and even more since learning wield thunder. Its a bit rough early game, but once you learn wield thunnder at close to midgame it begins to ease up for you. Metal Mastery also eases things up for you as well...but more than those two things...EXPERIENCE. That applies for all classes.

So, that said...I vote for no classes as weaker than another.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow no one closed the thread yet o_o''
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Assassin is, obviously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Where's Mumintroll to read this post when QQing about the wizard days of yore? The role and need of wizards really hasn't changed. Good quoting material, even if the person above my post necro'd the topic. b:cute

He only reads what is convenient. b:chuckle

Love the mix of MY-EN and PWI names in the poll btw.

/inb4....
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i brought the good old times back for a bit how beautifull balance was and now you can fish everything
  • Krarenka - Raging Tide
    Krarenka - Raging Tide Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wizzies are the weakest ?! lolumad?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Thread is from 2009 D:
  • Alexos - Lost City
    Alexos - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wizards suck, until end game. Unless you can get pimped out gear. You can't even one shot anything until later levels and even then its a two shot. Plus your ubber squishy, mana and Hp pots because you won't kill stuff in time anyway. Never had the patience for it.
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Haha ppl used to complain about getting ticked in one shot. Nowadays people just straight up die in 1 hit b:chuckle