Supply Box is no gift

Options
Joram - Heavens Tear
Joram - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
It hardly seems right to be given a "gift" and then to be charged for it. The supply box is a nice touch, until you hit level 50 AND ARE EXPECTED TO PURCHASE A HAMMER FROM THE BOUTIQUE TO OPEN IT!??! So at lvl 60 you need three hammers at $5.00 US @ to obtain your level bonus??? GIVE US A BREAK! How GREEDY can you get PWI?????????
Post edited by Joram - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It takes just 2 hammers from 5-80 and you can always buy gold from the cash shop with in game coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol, you are absolutely right!
    How dare they give us stuff absolutely free from levels 5-45!!!!

Those....those....MONSTERS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    After talking with another high-lvl player, it seems you only need the hammer to open the lvl 50 box and the lvl 80 box, not every box after 50. I consider this quite reasonable considering the reward for the 80 box includes a Christmas Blessing. Also remember that this whole thing is completely optional. You don't even have to get the box in the first place. The first 9 boxes are completely free, and another 6 come at around 500K coin total, with the last one coming at another 500K coin (roughly).

Is it a bit gimmicky? A touch, yes, but I'd expect as much from any F2P system. All in all, it's actually quite generous. They didn't have to give us anything.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's only two boxes that need the hammer. That's the Level 50 which gives a choice of a 3-star weapon, and the Level 80 which gives out the Christmas Blessing + 30 Mirage Celestones. Everything else is free. My bank is completely filled thanks to the charms, shards, Mysterious Chips, and Perfect Stones that I got. I'd gladly pay 500k, especially if it means a Christmas Blessing and 30 Mirages for it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    After talking with another high-lvl player, it seems you only need the hammer to open the lvl 50 box and the lvl 80 box, not every box after 50. I consider this quite reasonable considering the reward for the 80 box includes a Christmas Blessing. Also remember that this whole thing is completely optional. You don't even have to get the box in the first place. The first 9 boxes are completely free, and another 6 come at around 500K coin total, with the last one coming at another 500K coin (roughly).

Is it a bit gimmicky? A touch, yes, but I'd expect as much from any F2P system. All in all, it's actually quite generous. They didn't have to give us anything.

QFT!

There is a reason that they do this = not everything in life is free. I do not find it unreasonable at all. And for those concerned with it, just sell the unwanted items and make up for the difference in coins spent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Where do you get the box? i'm assuming you get it even if you leveled passed those points since so many blessings are out now and i doubt 50 people hit 80 this morning

Edit: nvm found it... starting NPCs lol
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Where do you get the box? i'm assuming you get it even if you leveled passed those points since so many blessings are out now and i doubt 50 people hit 80 this morning

Anyone of the three starter towns. I just went to Inn of the Eagle for mine. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah..considering what you get out of it from 55-75 i say 5 gold is WELL worth it. just wait and see. and 40 chips is like...you are freaking covered for lvl 8x legendary gear
    (unless you're a robie...yeah i dont understand those chip costs/prices either, but you're not a robie, you're an archer)

definitely a fun addition that would give plenty of incentive for people to level up
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    xmas blessing!!! 40 chips!! OH YEAH! They are worth 10 gold, absolutely! Or 2kk in HL.... GOLD is 180k each :S:S:S:S
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Nope it's like 1m for 1 hammer on harshlands. :p
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ok, but what happens after i hit lv70? will i need another hammer?

It takes just 2 hammers from 5-80 and you can always buy gold from the cash shop with in game coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You only need a total of two hammers - one for 50, one for 80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It hardly seems right to be given a "gift" and then to be charged for it. The supply box is a nice touch, until you hit level 50 AND ARE EXPECTED TO PURCHASE A HAMMER FROM THE BOUTIQUE TO OPEN IT!??! So at lvl 60 you need three hammers at $5.00 US @ to obtain your level bonus??? GIVE US A BREAK! How GREEDY can you get PWI?????????

What a QQ

The contents of the boxes are worth far more than the 600k that you would have to pay in auction to buy a hammer. The lvl 50 wep alone is worth more than that. And the level 80 rewards are worth millions. You owe PWE an apology for crying...

In case you didn't know here's how to trade your in-game coin for boutique gold:

1. Go to the auctioneer and select Gold Trading
    2. Click Deposit and enter all your coin for trading (click the lower max button). You will need 620K+. Don't worry you will get back anything you don't use.
    3. On the right are 2 lists. The lowest figure on the top list is the minimum you will have to pay to trade for 1 boutique gold (currently aprox 120,000 on HT). Enter this figure in the Price field (If you enter less than the minimum sellers price your bid will not immediately find a seller and you will have to wait)
    4. In the Amount field enter 5 since you want to buy 5 Gold to get a hammer.
    5. Click Confirm.
    6. Click Refresh.
    7. Click Withdraw
    8. Click both Max buttons.
    9. Your remaining coin will be returned to your inventory and your gold will be deposited in the boutique.
    10. Go to the boutique and spend to your little hearts content.
    11. Apologize to PWE for QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    And the level 80 rewards are worth millions. You owe PWE an apology for crying...

The extra gems just deflate market price for them though. It's not as if PWI lose anything by creating extra shards. The people who are now holding onto gems are the losers, especially since auction house isn't working.b:chuckle
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The extra gems just deflate market price for them though. It's not as if PWI lose anything by creating extra shards. The people who are now holding onto gems are the losers, especially since auction house isn't working.b:chuckle

Thats why I simply said "millions". The huge influx of xmas blessings will drive their price down as well. On HT the xmas blessing price was approaching 4 mil. Now I suspect it will drop back down to about 1 mil. Still a very valuable item and considerably more valuable than the cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    xmas blessing!!! 40 chips!! OH YEAH! They are worth 10 gold, absolutely! Or 2kk in HL.... GOLD is 180k each :S:S:S:S

considering all the fashion and useless **** people spend gold on, full 8x legendary (unless you're a robie, but it at leasts covers for some mold weapons) and xmas blessing sounds great for 10 gold

or you could just ignore the box, nobody's forcing you to open it
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this thread is ****. Chips on freakin sanc are like 75k a piece, 40 of them covers some of the best molds in game. Xmas blessings prior to this were 3m+. Mirages from it saved me a ton on refining my recently acquired TT80 gears. This event... for approx 1m ingame coin got me what would have costed me a ton. Although it is a bit of a gimmick, its still a fairly good present for the players, I mean those charms helped me get through my first succesful rebirth :P.

All in all, you just sound like another unappreciative brat who is never satisfied with what is given to you. I for one say thank you PWE, thank you for making my gaming slightly easier from the monotony it has been for the past month.

SUPPLY BOX FOR THE WIN.
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    How dare them save me time and money in cube.
    Jerks.
    b:angry
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeh, what the one with the big red letters said. I'm not even level 80.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeh, what the one with the big red letters said. I'm not even level 80.

lol ive only been 80 for like 20 hrs. but yeah what the person with the big red letters said!
  • Darkspeed - Sanctuary
    Darkspeed - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Price's have dropped hard on our server, I've seen peeps sell the blessing for 600K in world chat! b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol, you are absolutely right!
    How dare they give us stuff absolutely free from levels 5-45!!!!

Those....those....MONSTERS!!
    rofl....

THESE MONSTERS ARE WORSE THEN THE OTHER MONSTERS GIVING OUT FREE GOVERNMENT BAIL OUTS AND STIMULUS PACKETS
  • ragincagein
    ragincagein Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ya what the person with the big red letters said! its nice, the hammers seem a tad expensive, why not 4 gold? but i do know the items gained can sell for maybe over what you spend in gold over the AH. that all depends of how low the selling items drop and how high gold prices go depending on server. all in all, i like it! im liking my new sword from 50 until my arbor at 60, nice to see any kinds of additions.
  • aurinsghost
    aurinsghost Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The hammer needed to open the lvl 50 and 80 boxes cost 5 boutique gold OR you can get gouged for 500k+ from a catshop to buy one and open your boxes. Either way, is this weapon worth 500k? Will we suddenly have great weapons galore on the server for every tom, d.ick and harry? Basically, this means that all the money/time/mats you invested on the weapon u use now (providing its a 3*) is now worthless, even more worthless to higher lvl players who had to spend 500k to be able to open the next box and don't need this weapon. I spent weeks collecting Dragon Ords for a Penetrator, a 5M+ value weapon; only to now see that any lvl 50 player can get a weapon almost as good for 1/10 the price. Boo to this event, bad GM's... they should have only given players 1 box according to their lvl and nothing more! This event is nothing more than yet another cash grab for the benefit of rich players, extremely high lvl players who can throw around 500k, and of course, PWI.
  • ragincagein
    ragincagein Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and it is nice to see such a quick response to fix the auction house. gms + 1
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just because you don't benefit doesn't mean others don't.
    Also, instead of complaining, those who feel it's "stupid", "dumb", or even "unfair" why not make a post in suggestion box to maybe better the event and save the flames?
    Thank you.
    b:cute
  • Peinn - Sanctuary
    Peinn - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Best event ever... xD
    b:victory 1st BM on Sanctuary to have DragonSeekers ...IT ROCKS.Never know until u try it xD
  • VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear
    VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sadly tho im usually broke , when this stuff comes out. daughter spent for stuff in the cash shop to up our flyers. and a little more stuff. now a hammer if we'd known would have been in that shopping list. ah .. maybe i will see this when i get a bit of time to farm. by then poof they will all be back sky high lol. I dont think i'll see 80 too quickly. but i could use like round 3 of the hammers now. b:sad
    "Don't worry be happy"
  • VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear
    VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I forgot to add i think its great. some of my chars could use some the weapons. an a couple could use the ring. I want a xmas blessing!! b:laugh
    "Don't worry be happy"
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sadly tho im usually broke , when this stuff comes out. daughter spent for stuff in the cash shop to up our flyers. and a little more stuff. now a hammer if we'd known would have been in that shopping list. ah .. maybe i will see this when i get a bit of time to farm. by then poof they will all be back sky high lol. I dont think i'll see 80 too quickly. but i could use like round 3 of the hammers now. b:sad
    it is a shame you are not on sanc, i would buy yall hammers just cause that bear makes me sad to see |: