Nefarious Problem

Comments

• KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I thought you asked to keep this in the troll thread you made. I gladly posted there for you, but you seem to keep going in the other threads.

I know; I just wanted to have the last word in here. :-p

*MOVED TO TROLL THREAD
  • Qqmoar - Harshlands
    Qqmoar - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I know; I just wanted to have the last word in here. :-p

*MOVED TO TROLL THREAD

And I'm the troll....sigh
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Boy do we like to QQ...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    woooooooooohoooooooooooo

*confetti*

woooooooohooooooooooo

QQ rox!
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Boy do we like to QQ...

Sadly, there are far too many emo's in this game. Eventually, I shall rid the world of them all. b:angry
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sadly, there are far too many emo's in this game. Eventually, I shall rid the world of them all. b:angry

...By opening a swimming pool filled with broken glass instead of water and they'll come to you voluntarily
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hello everyone, I have posted this thread to tell you what we all know. Nefarious must be stopped. They are not going to stop until they own all of the territories in the server. All of the stronger factions have to work together to stop Nefarious, because as most of us know Nefarious cannot be stopped by one single faction, but if we all attacked together they would be swamped and unable to control all of their territories. We have to team up together if we want to take them down. I am positive that not one faction can go hero and take them down without help, but if we did attack they would definitely not be able to hold all of us off. I am a lower level then most but I am playing more and growing fast and in about a month I am pretty sure I could participate in a T.W. Our first step would be raising money and levels and contacting high levels to assist us all. We all know this game would be completely boring if one faction owned everything. If Nefarious takes anymore land it will be nearly impossible to take them down, that is why we must begin a plan and act quickly if we are to stop Nefarious. Please reply if you have a question, comment or complaint about this. I am doing this because if Nefarious does take everything then the game will become more boring and a few people will quit over it. I have heard from several people that they will quit if Nefarious owns the map. I believe it would be best to gather forces for this cause and attack Nefarious A.S.A.P. If not then as I said before the more territory Nefarious has the harder it is to bring them done. Please add whatever you will to this, thank you, positive and negative comments are good.
    No offense but really, you just fed them more ego sauce.
    If your strategizing against the 'enemy' then it shouldnt even be out in public.

Personally Im not too worried. I actually would WANT them to take the whole map for some reasons unstatable. If you havnt fell asleep in history class, youll know thats when the fun begins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If your strategizing against the 'enemy' then it shouldnt even be out in public.

Personally Im not too worried. I actually would WANT them to take the whole map for some reasons unstatable. If you havnt fell asleep in history class, youll know thats when the fun begins.

Who doesn't fall asleep in History class? It's a good point though, but I'm not sure that theory can translate to a video game....we'll see.
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    Dunergo - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I like your thinking. That IS when the fun begins. b:laugh

But I wonder if anything special happens if they own the entire map. Is there a giant boss fight in the end or something?
  • Krazykev - Sanctuary
    Krazykev - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I dout anything special happens should a single faction own the whole map, simply because the chance of such a thing happening is about as slim as the edge of a razor blade.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    when it comes down to it, Nefarious will get bored and crumble from within, at that time random factions will fight them and win and the whole cycle starts again.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    when it comes down to it, Nefarious will get bored and crumble from within, at that time random factions will fight them and win and the whole cycle starts again.

Well... that might happen sooner too. We just have to wait till map is two-colored and then see if Nef and Leg will start to fight with each other.

If they start to fight then there is a chance for other guilds to invade them at the same time and actually win. In worse case, at least observers and participants at TW will have some entertainment at weekends.

If they don't invade then will happen what you said - they both might get bored and crumble within. With two guilds on map in might happen even sooner than with one. Those who like TW might get dissatisfied, that there is no action against the other guild and that would lead to a war with the other guild or within the guild

Either way I don't see a problem with Nef or Leg holding half of map as empires always fall sooner or later. It is just matter of time.

But that's just observer's point of view.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well... that might happen sooner too. We just have to wait till map is two-colored and then see if Nef and Leg will start to fight with each other.

If they start to fight then there is a chance for other guilds to invade them at the same time and actually win. In worse case, at least observers and participants at TW will have some entertainment at weekends.

If they don't invade then will happen what you said - they both might get bored and crumble within. With two guilds on map in might happen even sooner than with one. Those who like TW might get dissatisfied, that there is no action against the other guild and that would lead to a war with the other guild or within the guild

Either way I don't see a problem with Nef or Leg holding half of map as empires always fall sooner or later. It is just matter of time.

But that's just observer's point of view.

Im inclined to agree with that point of view. Well said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol, dont count rebirth out yet. they were the ones that gave nef a run for their money the first time. remember, both sides can sent out 80 people only. what it comes down to, is can they stand nefs top 80? then again, if i were nef, i'd go after the weakened legendary, like they were planning originally. since nef want to take over more land, i think this week, while alot of legendary's people are out, would be the opportune time to make their strike against them and bring them down.

this week will be very interesting to watch...
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Reason why I like Rebirth. They didn't roll over and play dead like other factions and gave them a good fight! Come on all you other factions, be a man! do the right thang!
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Two good factions can easily overcome one great faction.
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is one of the main reasons i left sanc and joined DW. Eventually only 1 or 2 strong factions will be on the map. And if theres only one then what happens? they're too strong to be beat so eventually all guilds give up on attacking them. Then will there be no more TW?
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    This is one of the main reasons i left sanc and joined DW. Eventually only 1 or 2 strong factions will be on the map. And if theres only one then what happens? they're too strong to be beat so eventually all guilds give up on attacking them. Then will there be no more TW?

No. You rejects left because you's didn't want to hang around and actually attempt to do something about it. Instead, you's all went to a new server, where the same thing will happen. Good logic there.

Even if Nef managed a whole 200 people online, and all their people were 90+, which they aren't, 3 other factions with 80 people that are 90+ could easily pull off wins. I don't understand where everyone's negativity comes from. Grow some balls, people. My god.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Eventually only 1 or 2 strong factions will be on the map. And if theres only one then what happens? they're too strong to be beat so eventually all guilds give up on attacking them. Then will there be no more TW?

Of course there will be. People like to fight too much to sit still...
    Btw, what is the main reason why guilds join TW? Land? Fun? Challenge? Mass PK party? All it together?

Though, if doesn't matter what's the real reason as they all are good enough to not fully give up on attacking. This a moment when planing and strategy gets even more important. It is just a waste of time and money for weaker guilds to attack Nef or Leg now. It is better to wait a bit and be ready till they are weakened (problems within) or distracted (TW against strong guild) and then attack. They just have to wait for the best moment, not to LJ. I see those random attacks on Nef as a test to see how strong they are. Just one taken land from Nef will cause a wave of TW.

Besides, even after you left there was TW and quite interesting ones in matter of fact. Dreamwaver soon will also be ruled by one or two guilds. Where will you go then?
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Of course there will be. People like to fight too much to sit still...
    Btw, what is the main reason why guilds join TW? Land? Fun? Challenge? Mass PK party? All it together?

You forgot large amounts of cash. Funding equips and TW's is expensive.
    Though, if doesn't matter what's the real reason as they all are good enough to not fully give up on attacking. This a moment when planing and strategy gets even more important. It is just a waste of time and money for weaker guilds to attack Nef or Leg now. It is better to wait a bit and be ready till they are weakened (problems within) or distracted (TW against strong guild) and then attack. They just have to wait for the best moment, not to LJ. I see those random attacks on Nef as a test to see how strong they are. Just one taken land from Nef will cause a wave of TW.

Hmmm...is that all it will take to provoke a wave of TW? Maybe Nef or Leg should loose a land on purpose. b:victory
    Besides, even after you left there was TW and quite interesting ones in matter of fact. Dreamwaver soon will also be ruled by one or two guilds. Where will you go then?

Diablo III? b:laugh

Seriously though...good point.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    You forgot large amounts of cash. Funding equips and TW's is expensive.

Actually I was thinking about mentioning it... But remembered, that I read a comment that not all players receive money for TW and if they receive, then the amount isn't that big and could be earned by spending the same time grinding.
    Hmmm...is that all it will take to provoke a wave of TW? Maybe Nef or Leg should loose a land on purpose.

That was just an assumption based on idea "If they managed to succeed then why can't we do the same? Are we worse?". One of them losing land would encourage others to give a shot too.
    But I like idea of Nef/Leg losing land on purpose (if they are confident in their own strength). In next weekend they could take the land back and get extra fun in TW. Of course, if they are willing to have an intense TW weekend.
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    No. You rejects left because you's didn't want to hang around and actually attempt to do something about it. Instead, you's all went to a new server, where the same thing will happen. Good logic there.

Even if Nef managed a whole 200 people online, and all their people were 90+, which they aren't, 3 other factions with 80 people that are 90+ could easily pull off wins. I don't understand where everyone's negativity comes from. Grow some balls, people. My god.

I Concur. But to the defense, its not that the clown couldnt juggle, he just didnt have the balls to do it. b:laugh
  • Sarahjolly - Sanctuary
    Sarahjolly - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i dont exactly know alot about tw but i have an idea. if we were to get strong lv 60+ in about 3+ factions and do nothing but battle nef then they might run out of people thus making land be captured and plus if you do it at night then it might be better thats my ideab:victory
  • Dark_Exile - Sanctuary
    Dark_Exile - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    with all the complaining bout nef by so many people why dont all the haters get in 1 faction an do sumthin.i aint there biggest fan an chances are i will never even think of joining them. BUT they deserve what they have, they worked for it. and the only reason its only nef an leg owning map is all u high lvl guys running actions ect are 2 pig headed 2 give up leadership of your faction in order to make a better faction. pull ur heads out, or bury em in the sand an cram it (do summin or shut up)
    MY 2 cents worth
    Death is only the beginning.........

Vae Victus
  • Dunergo - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    with all the complaining bout nef by so many people why dont all the haters get in 1 faction an do sumthin.i aint there biggest fan an chances are i will never even think of joining them. BUT they deserve what they have, they worked for it. and the only reason its only nef an leg owning map is all u high lvl guys running actions ect are 2 pig headed 2 give up leadership of your faction in order to make a better faction. pull ur heads out, or bury em in the sand an cram it (do summin or shut up)
    MY 2 cents worth

Well I agree with the whole "put up or shut up" criteria of your reply. Although Im pretty sure it takes a long time for a faction to be up to snuff to give Nef and Legend a run for their money.

Maybe they already have is what Im saying. b:victory
  • Blytz - Sanctuary
    Blytz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Here's my general analysis of the situation:

1)Most higher levels are already in Nef or Leg, the rest are rather spread out.

2)It would take time and a good deal of effort (possibly coordinated with other factions) to whittle away at Nef/Leg territory. This leads to the all important point #3

3)People are lazy, leads to point 4.

4)It would be easier to join the "victor" than to fight back, so the high levels go off and join Nef when they're recruiting.

5)People want immediate gratification, leads to point #6.

6)It is far more immediate to whine about Nef than to do things about it.

And that, fellow Sanctuary players, is why Nef is not going to lose territory to <insert faction name here> anytime soon.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

Wrong. Nef and Leg have some lv90s, which are deemed a high level. There are more Sages and Demons that are not in Nef and Leg, as opposed to the ones that are.
    2)It would take time and a good deal of effort (possibly coordinated with other factions) to whittle away at Nef/Leg territory. This leads to the all important point #3

No. It wouldn't take time to organize an attack on either of them. Next week we're going to see Nef attack Leg. People will jump aboard, just so they can take a shot at getting a free land.

No. People are too scared to do anything about it.
    4)It would be easier to join the "victor" than to fight back, so the high levels go off and join Nef when they're recruiting.

You got a point with #4, however, if you'd noticed, Nef isn't the paradise people think it is, Seppuku was formed from ex-Nef's, Nemesis was formed from ex-Nef's, Steel was formed from ex-Nef's. Not all people go to them, to be honest, quite alot don't. (they only have a max of 200 people, remember?).

True.

Wrong. We all know b!tching and whining leads to the fall of all great things.
    And that, fellow Sanctuary players, is why Nef is not going to lose territory to <insert faction name here> anytime soon.

People fail to realize that Nef can only field 80 people per TW. Matching 80 people with another large factions 80 people is impossible 3v1. saying they can field 150 people per TW, that'd be 50-50-50. Sure, they have Eminence, and Soviet, and other factions bid on them to break the large factions attacking together, but there's nothing we can do about that.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Here's my general analysis of the situation:

#5 is so true
    and is also the reason that if infact faction(s) do infact start winning over leg/nef they will become the new b*tch that everyone hates
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I had never really read this thread accept the last 3 posts.
    But yes, Nef won't lose a single land for a looong time. :P
  • Blytz - Sanctuary
    Blytz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wrong. Nef and Leg have some lv90s, which are deemed a high level. There are more Sages and Demons that are not in Nef and Leg, as opposed to the ones that are.

Sorry, I guess I didn't make this part as clear as I should have. What I meant was the relative concentration of higher levels to lower ones (a ratio if you will) is higher in these two factions. You're definately right about there being a larger number of non-Nef/Leg sages and demons out there though. Note to self, check to see what I type actually reflects what I'm thinking b:shutup
    No. It wouldn't take time to organize an attack on either of them. Next week we're going to see Nef attack Leg. People will jump aboard, just so they can take a shot at getting a free land.

It's not a free land, but we'll see what happens when the time comes, should be fun to witness. Again, I think this one was a wording error on my part: I was referring to the time it would take to wear Nef down to the point where a faction has a fairly good shot of grabbing a land, not the time it would take to gather the resources to mount the initial attack. After all, TW is really a war of attrition more than anything else
    No. People are too scared to do anything about it.

Fear is a factor, but you can't really use only that to make an excuse for various factions not organizing a joint assault on either Nef or Leg.
    You got a point with #4, however, if you'd noticed, Nef isn't the paradise people think it is, Seppuku was formed from ex-Nef's, Nemesis was formed from ex-Nef's, Steel was formed from ex-Nef's. Not all people go to them, to be honest, quite alot don't. (they only have a max of 200 people, remember?).

You're right on this point as well, but Nef really does seem to fill up their spots rather quickly when people leave whereas some of the other lvl 75+ recruitments I see are spammed for hours on end.

Wrong. We all know b!tching and whining leads to the fall of all great things.

Yet we all still do it b:chuckle This is not so much a criticism of the factions actually participating in TW as it is about all those who just rant about how Nef needs to be shut down and most importantly do nothing but rant about it
    People fail to realize that Nef can only field 80 people per TW. Matching 80 people with another large factions 80 people is impossible 3v1. saying they can field 150 people per TW, that'd be 50-50-50. Sure, they have Eminence, and Soviet, and other factions bid on them to break the large factions attacking together, but there's nothing we can do about that.

There are a few ways around the last part actually, mostly again with inter-faction communication whicho one seems to want to do.
This discussion has been closed.