(Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
Post edited by Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Most any cleric can beat a wizard.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LA cleric would fare worse than robe cleric due to lower m.def, no vit, and lower damage.
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    just go fight a low lvl wiz, you will be fine b:chuckle
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LA cleric would fare worse than robe cleric due to lower m.def, no vit, and lower damage.

1st: My magic res buffed is just as much as your magic res unbuffed.
    2nd: My hp is 2400, how much is yours?
    3rd: As for the lower dmg... strange I one hit wizards and any other robed class (unless a Cleric manages to put plume shell up) with a 2nd spark and razors unless they are LA.

Obviously LA sucks eh? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i guess i just don't see the reason to go light armor early on, maybe later

im lvl 48 and currently sitting on 1597 hp and 4517 magic
    yes i have been lucky and run across some good weapons in the AH, but honestly if you look hard enough you will find that person who just really needs the money

but anywhos, when i hit my 70's and 80's i shall give you all my analysis cause i certainly know at some point i will buff up my vit
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Pretty much.
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

You could not be more deluded. b:cute
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    missqq wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Ignorants and psychopaths are the happiest people in the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I take it this way it all depends on the wizard and cleric.I can see a LA taking on low lvl wizard but not high lvled one unless you get in thier face.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I take it this way it all depends on the wizard and cleric.I can see a LA taking on low lvl wizard but not high lvled one unless you get in thier face.

You got a long way to go, it's not an uncommon sight to see a Wizard losing to an 10lvl lower Cleric, LA or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I certianly wouldn't want to go up agianst lvl 80 at my lvl.I would but us as both in robes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • thestuff
    thestuff Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Id say a cleric should be able to beat a wizard whether each is LA/robe. A cleric can use an attack that exploits the wizard's weakness no matter what. If the cleric is LA, it makes things easier for the wiz but the cleric can still easily win because of healing/seals. The only time i could imagine a cleric losing against a wizard is if the wizard is a much higher lvl, has WAY better gear, or the cleric screws up completely. Oh, or if the cleric is a HA cleric >_>.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thestuff wrote: »
    Oh, or if the cleric is a HA cleric >_>.

Care to explain what HA Cleric is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Care to explain what HA Cleric is?

HA would be "Heavy Armor".
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Since the cleric forums are close to dead I made this thread,

Can a LA cleric beat a wizard.

Myst...why drag this out? There are so many variables. All this does is promote ill will between clerics and wizards. We have enough trouble with large axes in our faces b:shocked

Any build ( well...almost any ) can beat any other class if they get the drop on the other one and levels are comperable.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    3rd: As for the lower dmg... strange I one hit wizards and any other robed class (unless a Cleric manages to put plume shell up) with a 2nd spark and razors unless they are LA.

No ya don't. You 1 hit SOME people. All low lev.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

You could not be more deluded. b:cute

Lol, how would LA cleric fare better than robe cleric? Have you forgotten Wizards have no spammable physical attack? What advantage would LA have over robe here?

Btw, my m.def buffed is higher than your m.def buffed. If you can get extra hp through equip, so can robes.b:victory

You can't always assume you'll have sparks all the time and they won't. What if you don't have sparks? What if the wiz decides to sleep you the first thing? What if he distance shrinks? What if he sutras and hammer you with all the magic spells he has? Do you think, as a LA cleric with lower m.def, lower vit, lower attack, and lower heals, you'll be able to tank the rapid fire as easily as robe clerics?

I don't have a wizard, but I've seen what they can do. Granted, my robe cleric still manages to win despite how skilled the opponent wizard is, but it's pretty clear LA clerics will get much bigger a challenge.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    a LA wouldnt beat a wizard.....
    i crit 1.2k on a LA wizard (lvl 66 and i was 48) with cleric buff (wait what would that number be without cleric buff o.0)

i wont lose to a cleric more then 3 lvls below me... i beat a lvl 32 cleric (cause he said he will pwn me) with crappy armor (my armor is very crappy cause i switched pdef for mdef and i found it pointless to shard since im about to get new armor)

i came very close to beating a cleric 5 lvls above me

its all about how you play ^^

wait why am i in the cleric forums again???????????
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    /WillFire

Some people look at threads like this as an insult, others look at it as a chance to learn something new.

I create threads like this, aswell as "cleric out damage wizard" threads because I do learn alot from them, and play my class better.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Blosumm - Heavens Tear
    Blosumm - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There is no better class.......it all depends how you play your char.
    Everyone is a winner if he or she play it smart.
    hi from fur tv.b:laugh

Ed my comp is doing wierd b:sad, no***problem, im coming ..Ed my comp is not responding after your fixb:shocked...mmm thats just what i thoughtb:angry
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

if the wizz draw first, no chance.
    Robe cleric has 1 advantage on Wizz- Wizz cannot hit with p-attk, and the m-def is pretty cool. You can plume shot a wizz while he's casting a second dmg if u escaped the first.
    Take the mdef away from cleric and it will be a 1 shot for a wizz, unless u put an insane number of HP shards on gear. But even then, if the wizz has sparks, you're fked.
    Clerics own wizzies easily, but u gotta be strog enough to hold the dmg a wizz can do-> u need robe.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    /WillFire

Some people look at threads like this as an insult, others look at it as a chance to learn something new.

I create threads like this, aswell as "cleric out damage wizard" threads because I do learn alot from them, and play my class better.

We all want to do our best Myst but I've found that threads like this truly *are* an insult simply because of that fact. We are competitive people else we wouldn't be playing this game. We can't help but see stuff like this as a negative challenge. I suppose it's simply my philosphy since I'm on a PvE server. How do I combine my talents with my team for the best result.

More constructive, imoo, is to focus on the weaknesses of my class and try to find ways to overcome them. Maybe I'll roll a Wizard and work through it's issues with that in mind. I've done this with almost every class except that one and all the variations that seemed viable or competitive.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

If he's sharded/geared up with vit/HP sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Take the mdef away from cleric and it will be a 1 shot for a wizz, unless u put an insane number of HP shards on gear. But even then, if the wizz has sparks, you're fked.

Not the case. The gap in m.def isn't as great as you make it out to be.

The principal weakness of a LA Cleric isn't m.def, which is only, generally, a few % off, it's that the build has no room for vit, while an arcane build does. At 7x, and arcane/vit cleric will have more then a few hundred HP then a LA cleric, unless the LA cleric specifically (and expensively) gears up HP/Vit. Wizard spells will deal big time raw damage regardless of m.def (just like cleric spells). Both classes are squishy to each other unless they have good HP for their class. That's where LA clerics fall in trouble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol, how would LA cleric fare better than robe cleric? Have you forgotten Wizards have no spammable physical attack? What advantage would LA have over robe here?

Can you remind me where I said that LA would fare better than robed against a Wizard cuz I must have missed that part.
    Btw, my m.def buffed is higher than your m.def buffed. If you can get extra hp through equip, so can robes.b:victory

You didn't answer my question, how much hp do you have? Is it actually above 1900? Also the point was that LA can get much more hp than robed because they can use highter lvl helmets, the armor originally gives highter hp bonuses refined and also for some reason there are more LA armors around with hp bonuses than robes. Not to mention that robes must use phy def shards to have some acceptable phy def while LA only needs hp shards since the magic defence is more than just pleasing.
    You can't always assume you'll have sparks all the time and they won't. What if you don't have sparks? What if the wiz decides to sleep you the first thing? What if he distance shrinks? What if he sutras and hammer you with all the magic spells he has? Do you think, as a LA cleric with lower m.def, lower vit, lower attack, and lower heals, you'll be able to tank the rapid fire as easily as robe clerics?

Look above for the "lower vit" part.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the same go for the Wizard? Also when we talk generally about class/build/strengh/weakness etc. we assume that they are on the same ground wich means both fully prepared.
    it's that the build has no room for vit, while an arcane build does. At 7x, and arcane/vit cleric will have more then a few hundred HP then a LA cleric, unless the LA cleric specifically (and expensively) gears up HP/Vit.

That's incorect, dunno if the Clerics in my Server just suck like that (or simply are interested only in PvE) but I have more hp than almost every 7x Cleric I've met so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mikel oru - "That's incorect, dunno if the Clerics in my Server just suck like that (or simply are interested only in PvE) but I have more hp than almost every 7x Cleric I've met so far"

no it isnt. mikel oru you post so much on everything and from what ive noticed you are always wrong.

light armor clerics must lv 3 mage 1 str 1 dex. end of story

pure int clerics must lv 6 mage 1 str (3 extra) every 2 levels.

if a robed class chooses to put those 3 extra in vit every 2 levels, by lv 60 thats 1.5x60 thats 900 hp more than a light armor cleric the exact same lv

i dont give a dam what your so called "light armor has higher hp bonuses" or whatever you were going on about but thats just simply wrong!

any armor can have any add on stats, and dont even bring that stupid helmet idea into the equation.. oh nooo light armor clerics can use a lv 40 or so helm at lv 60 to give them 100 hp

+900 for robes and +100 for light armor? last time i checked 900 is more than 100, but correct me if im wrong. you will try

and not to go off topic - a light armor cleric can still beat a wizard, but the fact theyve gone light armor makes it easier for the wizard. but the cleric should still win unless theyre dumb or the mage crits
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Generally any cleric > wizard, but LA clerics have a harder time, because:
    less matk
    less mdef
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm full mag arcane build with 3k hp, but this is my experience vs Wizzie at same lvl (pure mag):
    First strike: Will of Force, chan: 0.5sec, your sleep take 1sec to cast, silent the enemy in 3~4 min, which mean for the first few second, you can't heal yourself and take about 2~3 hits
    ok, usually my hp will drop to about half~1/3 after the seal wear off b:shocked, imagine you wear LA, I don't think you survive long enough b:chuckle
    Blade temptest: this skill deal p.def also, and have 4sec chan, just like your Temptest. Hey, I almost get 1 hitted by this skill b:shocked, can LA survived it? b:surrender
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    no it isnt. mikel oru you post so much on everything and from what ive noticed you are always wrong.

Always wrong? Why don't you try and correct me then? I've yet to see that...
    pure int clerics must lv 6 mage 1 str (3 extra) every 2 levels.

Shows how much you know, pure int = 1str 9mag every two lvls oriented for highter dmg and heals. The one above is the Hyrbid build. Also did you know that 6mag 1str per 2 lvls is just as strong as LA when it comes to dmg and healing? Now you do.
    if a robed class chooses to put those 3 extra in vit every 2 levels, by lv 60 thats 1.5x60 thats 900 hp more than a light armor cleric the exact same lv

My hp is about 1400(not sure I'll let you know for sure once I manage to log-in) so canculate how much it needs till 2400. Still I don't know how much you have.
    i dont give a dam what your so called "light armor has higher hp bonuses" or whatever you were going on about but thats just simply wrong!

any armor can have any add on stats, and dont even bring that stupid helmet idea into the equation.. oh nooo light armor clerics can use a lv 40 or so helm at lv 60 to give them 100 hp

+900 for robes and +100 for light armor? last time i checked 900 is more than 100, but correct me if im wrong. you will try

You remind me of Frop..
    The helmet is only a part of the bonus, as I said before LA needs only hp shards, robes need both hp and phy def unless you don't mind beeing one shot by any source of physical dmg. Oh wait you have plume shell right? That's what Frop would say at least lol

Blade temptest: this skill deal p.def also, and have 4sec chan, just like your Temptest. Hey, I almost get 1 hitted by this skill b:shocked, can LA survived it? b:surrender

Blade Tempest deals both physical and magical dmg. LA takes much less dmg from that skill than a robe user, go test it with a friend of yours you'll see what I mean. A wizard tested this on an archer, an LA Cleric would take even less dmg because str and mag add phy def and magic def bonuses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm full mag arcane build with 3k hp, but this is my experience vs Wizzie at same lvl (pure mag):
    First strike: Will of Force, chan: 0.5sec, your sleep take 1sec to cast, silent the enemy in 3~4 min, which mean for the first few second, you can't heal yourself and take about 2~3 hits
    ok, usually my hp will drop to about half~1/3 after the seal wear off b:shocked, imagine you wear LA, I don't think you survive long enough b:chuckle
    It would likely do less on light armor builds, since the damage is half magical and half physical. Hense why this skill is practically useless against melee classes.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]