Disconnecting after a few seconds

RedCat - Heavens Tear
RedCat - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hi,
I've been having a problem over the last couple of days that prevents me from playing PW.
Once I login my character (tried more than one, it happens with all of them) I'm getting disconnected after about 15-30 secs. Nothing changes it, tried teleporting, flying, nothing works.
Tried to restart my computer, reset my modem and router, problem remains.
Went to sleep- logged in after approx 8 hours, thought it was fixed but it lasted less than 20 mins, now it started again.
I dont think the problem is from my end, since I have normal internet connection, everything works, I didnt change anything in my computer for at least the past week, and it worked just fine for 20 mins before it started again (in which nothing was changed from my end).

Any idea on how to get this to work again ?
Post edited by RedCat - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mercenary - Sanctuary
    Mercenary - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wow i have the exacly same problem...exacly the same thing happen to me aswell
  • plauge07
    plauge07 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    same thing happend to me
    playing 3 weeks without single d/c
    and suddenly getting d/c every 15 sec
  • Mercenary - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    did you guys try to download new client?or anything else that helped you?or you think its just gonna pass by it self?im playing for 2 months now never had such a problem befor.
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    im downloading new client but will take 1-2days to download 2+gb
  • RedCat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    There was no software/client update in the last two days, this whole problem started without me doing anything new, nor touching my computer settings or changing anything that has to do with game client (or computer/router entirely).
    I can check if my ISP is behind this, but I kinda doubt it since my connection functions normally on everything besides PW.
    Downloading the client again sounds stupid to me, since d/l'ing 2gb will just take a long time and I have no reason to do it since there was no change in it prior to the disconnecting and following it.
    I never had any problem connecting to the game, so I have no idea why this suddenly happens, though I have seen it happening to other people lately, and now to the two who posted above... this whole thing suggests it has something to do with the PW end of the connection.
  • Mercenary - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    There was no software/client update in the last two days, this whole problem started without me doing anything new, nor touching my computer settings or changing anything that has to do with game client (or computer/router entirely).
    I can check if my ISP is behind this, but I kinda doubt it since my connection functions normally on everything besides PW.
    Downloading the client again sounds stupid to me, since d/l'ing 2gb will just take a long time and I have no reason to do it since there was no change in it prior to the disconnecting and following it.
    I never had any problem connecting to the game, so I have no idea why this suddenly happens, though I have seen it happening to other people lately, and now to the two who posted above... this whole thing suggests it has something to do with the PW end of the connection.

im putting my hopes that tomorows update will fix that problem...and im gonna ask my frined to log in into my account maybe its the whole account bug or something like that...couse it happend to me for the last 2 days only aswell...befoir that i never had lags...its just wierd...
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    maybe its an area block ?
    im from middle east any of from there/?
  • RedCat - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Same here, middle east...
    But there should be no block from here, plus... if you log in from an area blocked zone you will get a ban, not just a random d/c after 20 secs.
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    any chance u from israel ?
    if so what internet company are u?
  • odyssys
    odyssys Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    same happend to me when i log on no more the few seconeds i recive disconcted from the server log on agian di log on with force log and it happened agian. i log on with anoder cherecther and the same any one can tell what happening and i am from israel 2
  • Mercenary - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    odyssys wrote: »
    same happend to me when i log on no more the few seconeds i recive disconcted from the server log on agian di log on with force log and it happened agian. i log on with anoder cherecther and the same any one can tell what happening and i am from israel 2

im from israel aswell...i wonder what the heck is going on...and i use 012 smile...
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    im too using 012 company mayebe its related to them
    did u contacted them /.
  • Mercenary - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    plauge07 wrote: »
    im too using 012 company mayebe its related to them
    did u contacted them /.

nop i didnt bo0ther becosue everything else that related to internet workin just fine...its only perfect world...
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    try and contact them ill call them 2 and post their answer plz
  • shoridan
    shoridan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Trying to call them to find out whats this all about...
    If so many people from Israel/012 are suffering this, then the problem should be with them... however the nice announcement of "We are currently busy with many clients calling" thing means I'm gonna wait for a long time, and probably wont get any decent answer either... Worst case I'll threaten to move to another supplier, that should make'em try to at least solve this.
  • Elfrorg - Lost City
    Elfrorg - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    me 2 from that company what hapenning? i will al them 2 after tis memorial day
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    ok ppl as soon as memorial day is over everyone call them
    and start shouting lol therat to move

the server address we trying to accees is
    29000:pwieast2.perfectworld.com

if they askb:angry
  • shoridan
    edited April 2009
    I'm currently on the phone with them, so far the tech support guy asked me to traceroute and send it to him, he told me nothing's wrong and asked me to re-install it (which I wont, cause so many people suffering from it is OBVIOUSLY their fault)... And told me I can join the "Gamer" package and it might solve it... practically told him to get lost, I wont pay more money for something I should get for what I pay now- its supposed to work, the gamer package should cut the pings, thats all.

I'm still on the phone, will keep you updated.

*Update*
    They said there's nothing they can do, if it wont be fixed by Thursday I might move to Bezeq or something like that...
    They did say it might be because of the "high" pings (around 350ms) that causes the d/c's, but I've had pings of 500+ and played for hours. I'm not gonna pay them more money cause they cut down the service I was supposed to have for the amount I currently pay them.
  • Mercenary - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    shoridan wrote: »
    I'm currently on the phone with them, so far the tech support guy asked me to traceroute and send it to him, he told me nothing's wrong and asked me to re-install it (which I wont, cause so many people suffering from it is OBVIOUSLY their fault)... And told me I can join the "Gamer" package and it might solve it... practically told him to get lost, I wont pay more money for something I should get for what I pay now- its supposed to work, the gamer package should cut the pings, thats all.

I'm still on the phone, will keep you updated.

*Update*
    They said there's nothing they can do, if it wont be fixed by Thursday I might move to Bezeq or something like that...
    They did say it might be because of the "high" pings (around 350ms) that causes the d/c's, but I've had pings of 500+ and played for hours. I'm not gonna pay them more money cause they cut down the service I was supposed to have for the amount I currently pay them.

the pings is bullcrap becosue the pings are the same msot of the time and befor the past 2 days i never had even 1 lag...its obviously something with their conenctions...i bet it will solve it self in couple of days ...but its still enoying...im on vication fromt eh army...and its gonna end on sunday T_T i just wanna play thats all...
  • GoldenAura - Heavens Tear
    GoldenAura - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i dont think the fact someone is from israel is related to the problem.
    it is a problem with the game any alot of players are complaining about it.
    im from israel but i dont think it got anything to do with it.
    the patch they are making now will probably fix it.
  • Amyreth - Harshlands
    Amyreth - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hi,
    I've been having a problem over the last couple of days that prevents me from playing PW.
    Once I login my character (tried more than one, it happens with all of them) I'm getting disconnected after about 15-30 secs. Nothing changes it, tried teleporting, flying, nothing works.
    Tried to restart my computer, reset my modem and router, problem remains.
    Went to sleep- logged in after approx 8 hours, thought it was fixed but it lasted less than 20 mins, now it started again.
    I dont think the problem is from my end, since I have normal internet connection, everything works, I didnt change anything in my computer for at least the past week, and it worked just fine for 20 mins before it started again (in which nothing was changed from my end).

Any idea on how to get this to work again ?

There are several connecting points with any service provider. It will depend mostly on what type of connection you have. So I'll try and put a few down here.
    If your using DSL:
    You are still connected to a phone line. This means that you could have sporadic drops in connection rates that while your still technically connected, the game might think you dropped off and disconnect you. Usually your provider will give you special filters to plug into other phone outlets in the house. It's very important that anything that is connected to a phone jack, has one of these filters. This excludes the jack the DSL modem plugs into. Make sure any device in the house that is connected to a phone jack is securely connected.
    Cable modems:
    Cable modems can partially drop a connection and re-acquire it fairly fast. Here too, you can have a drop in your connection rate. In this case, there would be a co-axial cable screwed into the back of your cable modem. Make sure it's tight. Also, if you have any thing else in the house, like cable boxes or televisions that are screwed into a co-axial cable; make sure they are tight as well. If you imagine that there is water running through the cable lines, you would want to make sure there is no place for the water to leak out. Also, this is a trick that sometimes works. Power down the computer and router (if you have one separate from the cable modem) then pull the power from the cable modem. Unscrew the cable from the back of the modem. Wait about a minute. Then plug the power back into the cable modem, and then **** the cable back on. Wait about another minute or so, or until the lights on the front of the modem settle down. Then power up your router and then your computer(s).
    Wireless connection:
    Despite what many believe, wireless connections can be victim to a wide range of issues. Keep in mind that these types of connections are pretty much using the same type of communication that a standard FM radio uses. If it can interfere with a radio, it can interfere with your wireless connection. In most cases the wireless access point is a router that has an internet connection. You could have a perfect connection to your wireless, but the internet could still drop off and your computer would think it's still connected. Wireless connections will also drop the speed they are connected at as the signal strength fluctuates. Changing the transmit channel can sometimes help. As each wireless device is unique in how to do this, you would need to refer to documentation to know how this is accomplished.
    Now a bit about the actual internet connection:
    You have to have some kind of device to establish a connection to an internet service provider. (ISP) If your using a router, then that device is connected to the router. In some cases the router and this device are actually one unit. However, even tho it may appear to be one thing, keep in mind that it is still technically two devices. This is why you can lose an internet connection, but your computer still thinks it's connected. Because your computer connects to the router and not directly to the modem itself. So your computer is saying.. "I'm connected" even if the connection to the ISP is offline.
    Now.. if you are driving down the road and you notice that a street is blocked, most of the time you can take another street to get to the same place. When you are communicating on the internet, the information finds a specific route to travel. If one of those "streets" is bad, then the connection might have issues and only an internet service provider can fix that problem.

Hope this helps.
  • Elfrorg - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    i eanter the game last night about 22:00 and i play for 2 hours noting happend today after i update the game got disconeted agian and the avise of amyreth did not help tnx
  • Elfrorg - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    photo.php?pid=365689&id=1388882023
    perfect exmple
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    same thing happens to me i sometimes can play like hour+ with no d/c
    and then is start all over d/c every 15-30 sec
    is there no hope ?
  • Elfrorg - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    why any the GM anwers us we need help if u got answers pls tell us someting?
  • Elfrorg - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    did anyone notise the bleaning lock upper left corner should it do that?
  • plauge07
    edited April 2009
    yes its safty lock it remove itself after 1 minute
    its not a problem
    i still belive its 012 isp fault
    but not sure what to do due to reason that im stuck with them for a while
  • shoridan
    edited April 2009
    i dont think the fact someone is from israel is related to the problem.
    it is a problem with the game any alot of players are complaining about it.
    im from israel but i dont think it got anything to do with it.
    the patch they are making now will probably fix it.

If you know anyone not from Israel having this problem, please ask him/her to pm me so I can try to learn what's causing it. Plus, I did not say it was a problem from Israel, I said the problem is specific to 012 ISP in Israel, or at least so it seems since everyone else in this thread said they are connected through them.
    Now.. if you are driving down the road and you notice that a street is blocked, most of the time you can take another street to get to the same place. When you are communicating on the internet, the information finds a specific route to travel. If one of those "streets" is bad, then the connection might have issues and only an internet service provider can fix that problem.

I think that might be the issue... All the other things you said about connections is fine and true, but there are too many people using the same ISP suffering from that problem to be a sad coincidence. I believe either somewhere at the ISP or along the route something is getting us disconnected, and as far as I know, and unless someone wants to enlighten me, it is the ISP's duty to reroute through another path if there is a problematic server somewhere on the way.
    plauge07 wrote: »
    i still belive its 012 isp fault
    but not sure what to do due to reason that im stuck with them for a while

I believe it is their fault. Sadly I signed for 18 months to get that free 2.5mb upgrade... That wont stop me from calling tech support tomorrow after holiday is over, ask them to fix it (and probably get the same **** answer "Get the gamer's package, it will make it better"), and if they say they cant I'll ask them how can we get disconnected from them- all those from 012 should do something similar... that should get them aware of the issue and might make them fix it. If it's one customer it might not work, but if it goes up to 10+ calling them with the same issue and threatening to leave it might get them up to fix it.

I have no idea what caused this, my guess would be a server along the route. I hope it gets fixed on its own by tomorrow, if not, they should understand its their responsibility as ISP to provide us this service, it's what we pay for.
  • Mercenary - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    i just called them....they gave me 2 test user names from gamers path...they said to check if its workin and call them back...the guy also told me there were couple of same calls like mine and they are checkin the problem...i hope they fix it otherwise ill leave them aswell...its no doubt their fult and if im paying for something i want to get the thing i pay for...
  • Imamale - Dreamweaver
    Imamale - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Are you guys just getting disconnected or are you getting an error?
This discussion has been closed.