Rare Pet Killers

Options
Arliana - Dreamweaver
Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
I know a couple of ppl, non venos, that know just about when a rare pet will spawn. They go around and kill them as soon as it spawns, like piggy, kowlin, and things. I'm thinking, aside from the large amount of angry whispers and things and raising pet prices, what other point is there?
Post edited by Arliana - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    To prevent people from enemy guilds from catching them.
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    From what I understand, the reason behind most pet killers is because they feel that most venos who go and tame a rare pet are just greedy and are doing it to sell it for the ridiculously high price (in their mind I mean) the pet goes for. They may feel that a few venos may even have a monopoly on taming that pet and they see it as being wrong because it doesn't allow others a chance to tame the pet, so they try to "fix" it by killing the pet so they can't get it. I'm sure there are some that do it to drive up the prices too though.

But remember, as Zoe has been quoted saying "Killing a rare pet is the same as murder" lol (I got that in before someone else would no doubt do ^^;)
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There is no point, it is certainly a rude and inconsiderate but there really is nothing you can do about it. There's been some discussion about wether this might constitute griefing under ToS, but said arguments usually only lead to flame wars as there is a very vocal part of the comunity that believes rare pets are fair game, regardless of the fact that there may be more than a dozen venos waiting to tame the spawn. To my knowledge no ticket ever sent under the interpretetation that this does in fact constitute a breach of ToS has ever resulted in any form of measure being taken against the presumed offender, so i think it is fair to say is not really worth the effort as you'll only waste the time of GMs who have a set policy on dealing with this situations. The best thing you can do is keep trying to tame the rare and hope for no interference of would be griefers.
  • Biomehanika - Sanctuary
    Biomehanika - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There is a slim chance of them dropping moulds.
    I presume this could be a factor as to why some do it.
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not any more or less than any other mob, AFAIK.

Rare pets are fair game, it's rather like trolling the game instead of the boards. Heh, I'm a veno too. I bought my pets from another veno and perhaps when I have free time someday I'll go and be obnoxious, or be greedy. Perhaps not.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All of the above.

If they're causing grief you have grounds for reporting them in.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Though I would never do that, I have a hard time believing you can report someone for killing a mob and claiming they are griefing you.

Thats like if I were to go to Timberfield and claim all the magmites were my friends and I didnt want them killed anymore. I could report someone for killing them because it would essentially cause me grief to see them killed.

Sorry fail...
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's been discussed before, and commented on by a GM/Mod, killing rare pets is not technically griefing by TOS standards. It is, however, still griefing by general standards and anyone that finds enjoyment in causing others misery I sincerely wish to find themselves in a supporting role in a real life slasher flick.
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »
    Though I would never do that, I have a hard time believing you can report someone for killing a mob and claiming they are griefing you.

Thats like if I were to go to Timberfield and claim all the magmites were my friends and I didnt want them killed anymore. I could report someone for killing them because it would essentially cause me grief to see them killed.

Sorry fail...

Frap it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    oznig wrote: »

Sorry fail...

lol this reply just made my dayb:pleasedb:laugh
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    manfor wrote: »
    From what I understand, the reason behind most pet killers is because they feel that most venos who go and tame a rare pet are just greedy and are doing it to sell it for the ridiculously high price (in their mind I mean) the pet goes for. They may feel that a few venos may even have a monopoly on taming that pet and they see it as being wrong because it doesn't allow others a chance to tame the pet, so they try to "fix" it by killing the pet so they can't get it. I'm sure there are some that do it to drive up the prices too though.

But remember, as Zoe has been quoted saying "Killing a rare pet is the same as murder" lol (I got that in before someone else would no doubt do ^^;)

The horse you are beating is already dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rare pet is still a mob, they have the right to kill
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rare pet is still a mob, they have the right to kill

Yup... besides, some of us are kind of ignorant and we think its a super rare mob with good drops!

Those rare mobs don't have signs telling us to feed them candy or something...b:bye
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    zoe is too self righteous to kill a rare pet, shed rather keep it for herself and let it rot than let someone sell it >_>; murder... stupid
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    zoe is too self righteous to kill a rare pet, shed rather keep it for herself and let it rot than let someone sell it >_>; murder... stupid

My armored bear is currently used for pulling and its threaten skill to help any barbs I"m with tank better. When I get pets, I use them.

About killing them. How about I take your real life pet and kill it? You would not like that would you? Its the same thing.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited April 2009
    Options
    that wasnt your story last time you mentioned the bear. not everything is ran by greed and self profit you know.
  • MetallicFoo - Sanctuary
    MetallicFoo - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    About killing them. How about I take your real life pet and kill it? You would not like that would you? Its the same thing.

No. No, it's not even remotely close to the same thing.
    Signatures are for fat, weak, obnoxious little doodyheads who sit on forums all day and think that the collection of pixels at the bottom of their typed idiocies properly perpetuates the minute details of their personalities to fellow forum-ers.

That being said, this is my signature.
    edited April 2009
    Options

b:shocked It's not the same thing to kill a living, breathing animal than what to all purposes is just resetting a code routine. I'm also against people killing rare pets but would never compare it with rl pets. I know my real pets are capable of emotion and feeling, attachment, even love. No PWI pet will ever compare to that as much as you like them. They will not miss you or need you if you quit the game, won't even know you or remember you... I love animals very much and will go to great lenghts to avoid their suffering but this certainly doesn't extend to virtual representations not even endowed with true artificial intelligence. I really hope you do not feel the same way about a mob being killed than you would about an animal.
    edited April 2009
    Options

you cannot compare something not real to flesh and blood.
    your whole "PKers kill because they want to kill irl" and "killing rare pets is like killing animals" and "economics are ran by greed" are all strange strange theories indeed, thats like labeling every human being who does said things as cynical sociopaths.

your pet in game will not care if it die.
    your pet in game feels no pain.
    your pet in game will never be real.
    you can compare apples to tacos all you want.
    but you know you always lose the battle in the end because you fail to think with logic.

OMG IM THE SCOURGE OF SOCIETY, IM SO GREEDY, I SOLD A KOWLIN TO BUY MY WIFE A BIRTHDAY GIFT IN GAME O_O;
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Heheh. Well, lets say we really really need a sinew, lol. Kowlin has a 20% drop rate about.

You kill it, get the sinew, laugh at all the venos. Go: well, I really really needed that sinew, dont worry guys, ill be back tmrw for the rest of the sinews i need.

I wonder how many ppl would blacklist u at that moment lol.

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Heheh. Well, lets say we really really need a sinew, lol. Kowlin has a 20% drop rate about.

You kill it, get the sinew, laugh at all the venos. Go: well, I really really needed that sinew, dont worry guys, ill be back tmrw for the rest of the sinews i need.

I wonder how many ppl would blacklist u at that moment lol.

b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    That's the thing precisely. You can much more easily get sinew grinding Foxwing Supreme or Vipent Soulchaser, which means you don't actually need Kowlin for that... If you're at a level at which you can kill it, then you're obviously too experienced a player to claim you didn't know better, more so if you see venos camping it... There is no actual reason for you to do it except to taunt or spite the players attempting the tame. It it is rude and inconsiderate. It is disrespecting others and spoiling their enjoyment of the game. Wether it breaches ToS or not i will not get into, but will say that neither ethically nor morally do you have a leg to stand on. You can claim whatever you want but it's clear cut for me you're griefing people (not you, i mean if you were to do it) and forms of virtual abuse like this one are now being recognized as forming a pattern of bully behaviour.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    That's the thing precisely. You can much more easily get sinew grinding Foxwing Supreme or Vipent Soulchaser, which means you don't actually need Kowlin for that... If you're at a level at which you can kill it, then you're obviously too experienced a player to claim you didn't know better, more so if you see venos camping it... There is no actual reason for you to do it except to taunt or spite the players attempting the tame. It it is rude and inconsiderate. It is disrespecting others and spoiling their enjoyment of the game. Wether it breaches ToS or not i will not get into, but will say that neither ethically nor morally do you have a leg to stand on. You can claim whatever you want but it's clear cut for me you're griefing people (not you, i mean if you were to do it) and forms of virtual abuse like this one are now being recognized as forming a pattern of bully behaviour.
    wow rosa, it was just a joke.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wow rosa, it was just a joke.
    b:sad got carried away...
  • ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary
    ADvEnTcUrSe - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My armored bear is currently used for pulling and its threaten skill to help any barbs I"m with tank better. When I get pets, I use them.

this made me giggle b:chuckle

I love the variety of people on PWI

*sends his love to everyone*
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this made me giggle b:chuckle

I love the variety of people on PWI

*sends his love to everyone*

zoe is a clown. thats why people either like or hate her, because of the clowny fail comments that make no sense
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thing is, the random slaughter of rare pets for amusement cant be a breach of tos, what breach did u do? bug some farmers?

frankly speaking, i believe that rare pet killers have every right to kill rare pets. however, im sure after a week or so, gm would probably step in just like how they step in if u keep pking the same person dozens of times.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

If it is the same thing, then tell me what's the difference - someone kills "potential" rare pet or owner lets his own rare pet get killed/hurt? Would you send your cat or puppy against wolf or another monster? Would you use any of your real life pets to attack others?

Don't mix real life and game unless your really play games as you live.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If it is the same thing, then tell me what's the difference - someone kills "potential" rare pet or owner lets his own rare pet get killed/hurt? Would you send your cat or puppy against wolf or another monster? Would you use any of your real life pets to attack others?

Don't mix real life and game unless your really play games as you live.

But Zoe doesnt know how! Apparently being a veno is the same thing as being a real person, I bet she has fox ears and a tail and everything! She'll say pet stores are greedy because theyre selling cuddly pups and tabbies and frogs. She'd call Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein PKers, and go around sending in her dog / kitten to attack people. She'd even go as far as to taking strays off the street and letting them rot in a bag because she wouldnt want some greedy other veno to catch them for giving them to the pound, because the adoption fee is selling them and thats obviously greedy.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    But Zoe doesnt know how! Apparently being a veno is the same thing as being a real person, I bet she has fox ears and a tail and everything! She'll say pet stores are greedy because theyre selling cuddly pups and tabbies and frogs. She'd call Jeffrey Dahmer and Ed Gein PKers, and go around sending in her dog / kitten to attack people. She'd even go as far as to taking strays off the street and letting them rot in a bag because she wouldnt want some greedy other veno to catch them for giving them to the pound, because the adoption fee is selling them and thats obviously greedy.

One thing i've noticed about Zoe is,she can do whatever she likes,make as much money as possible from any ingame means and call everyone else greedy/say you're destroying the game for daring to sell a mold/tt mat/gold for the going average rate.

On topic,i kill rare pets now when i see them,really annoyed me that i could never tame one for personal use because of farmers and buying one was absurdly expensive,the monopolizers only have themselves to blame...you may disagree with it,but i find it fun.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Alright! Lets start the rare pet hunt!!!

This reminds me of valentines and jewelscalin... lol. that was funny.