Is the game still "fun" without Herc?

2»

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not at all, Legendary pets are meant for extraordinary performance. A veno without them is still the best pve class in the game; we can solo lower level bosses and single mode TT without using pots or charms at all, and can grind far more efficiently than anyone else. While a nice addition, legendary pets are not at all necesary to perform our role in squads as pullers and debuffers. PVP wise while venos were usually considered a weak class before the Nix was made available, there were still some amongst the top pvpers in LC, which goes to prove that a skilled player can certainly manage. If you use Herc n Nix to enhance honed skills you've got nothing but my respect, but if you consider them necesary to function then by all means you're a failed player coasting along on overpowered gear. A veno's role is valuable enough that the elite amongst other classes will recognize good players regardless of what pets they use. Unless it's being used for tanking, a herc provides no real advantage over conventional pets and a party which asks for one without this legitimate reason is probably composed of weak players which half expect a veno to mop up after their mistakes.

Lol I had a golem till like 5x. With my golem I could NOT solo quest bosses at my level or even higher most the time (Krix, Suzerix, gouf, Virriddis etc). I always ended up getting a squad. Forget about soloing FB's for any drops with a golem too (unless you are MUCH higher...but then nothing will drop LOL.)

As far as TT solo mode...lol. You won't get enough money off of that to call it a class advantage.

The only thing a veno w/o a herc can do in pve is solo quest boss mobs like 20 lvls below it. And whats the point of that when quest bosses don't even drop anything? And with nix we all know they are good in pvp.

I listened to people like you when I first rolled my veno. You talked about all this stuff you can solo w/o a herc. It's bs because you have to be MUCH higher to do it. And in most cases you're only talking about quest bosses that don't drop anything.

My main problem is people like surfer_Rosa who like to mislead new players. If it wasn't for people like you, I probably would have saved $200. LOL b:laugh
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol I had a golem till like 5x. With my golem I could NOT solo quest bosses at my level or even higher most the time (Krix, Suzerix, gouf, Virriddis etc). I always ended up getting a squad. Forget about soloing FB's for any drops with a golem too (unless you are MUCH higher...but then nothing will drop LOL.)

As far as TT solo mode...lol. You won't get enough money off of that to call it a class advantage.

The only thing a veno w/o a herc can do in pve is solo quest boss mobs like 20 lvls below it. And whats the point of that when quest bosses don't even drop anything? And with nix we all know they are good in pvp.

I listened to people like you when I first rolled my veno. You talked about all this stuff you can solo w/o a herc. It's bs because you have to be MUCH higher to do it. And in most cases you're only talking about quest bosses that don't drop anything.

My main problem is people like surfer_Rosa who like to mislead new players. If it wasn't for people like you, I probably would have saved $200. LOL b:laugh

It really is sad to see a 70+ player that, when making a list of strong points for each class, will find herself unable to come up with anything for the role that she herself chose. Some venos do hide behind their pets...
    I guess that being part of a squad in order to do your bosses or your fbs must be no fun at all for some people. That soloing an instance for a couple of hours really is better than sharing your gameplay (and let's not forget your loot) with others, that playing a game without having overwhelming advantage must be really difficult to bear for some. Don't get me wrong, Phoenix and Herc can be great tools on the hands of dedicated and competitive gamers, although it seems they can also be put to other uses.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's an attitude that has a real reason behind it tho. b:shocked Venos have no real strong points without a herc/nix. Why were battle pets added in the 1st place if what I'm saying is not true? Why does no other class have anything like the battle pets? It all makes sense doesn't it? b:laugh

After playing this game for about a month now...I really don't recommend anyone roll a veno unless you plan on getting a battle pet because you will be weak in pvp AND pve.

No offense, but it you strive for a tool that makes you easily repeat te same action over and over and over and over and over and... oh I missed an over here, again, doesn't that tool make you a "human bot" of a sort? Now, I don't mean a software bot, but rather a machinal repeatable action, which has a 99.9% success rate, and causes your mind to dry out of intellectual functionality; instead of "playing" the game, you end up as a "human bot" to raise to the level cap.

P.S. Oh, and so it has begun, "no herc (or phoenix for pvp) = phail veno", quite a shame...
  • Succubae - Dreamweaver
    Succubae - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Bah, Magmite/Sawfly has become Hercule/Phoenix. Only the price has changed. It was already a shame.

I remember someone flaming me because I had a Minkii. I like fast pets, so what? I have a Pentastral Stagbeetle now, and having great fun !
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Venos don't suck at PvP but you must search a bit and practice to get to be good at it. Yesterday i fought a Heavy armored veno. I had to lose 3 times to finally come with a good tactic to beat him/her (wich was to actually make use of my heals and cast fast spells), she was using that bee pet. It was hella fun, i enjoyed every momment. I saw her fighting a highter lvl barb and beating him to death, clearly superior to him. When she fought me she used a mixture of heavy and robes that gave her both good physical and magical defence, wich means that she was quite aware that i'm good on both types of dmg. Also she actually did debuff me, something I see rarely on other Venos that just spam some lowly wood spell on me and leave the rest on their pet (wich fails every single time).

Venos can do really nicely if played correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Bah, Magmite/Sawfly has become Hercule/Phoenix. Only the price has changed. It was already a shame.

I remember someone flaming me because I had a Minkii. I like fast pets, so what? I have a Pentastral Stagbeetle now, and having great fun !

Sower of the Flame. b:chuckle I love using that in my FB runs. 99% of everyone I play with has never even seen one. Reason: 99% of people also wined their FB59's. I don't pretend it's a tank, and yeah, I have a golem for that, but I think all of our casters get a little bit happier when they see the extreme damage they cause when Kazooie is in play. Howl 3 FTW. I know that Lunar Lupin comes with Howl 5, but he only has Flesh Ream 1, and that keeps aggro like ****. Bash 2, Fireball 3, and Howl 3 actually allow me to keep aggro on 3 mobs at once. b:pleased

Point is folks, there are both kinds of people in this game. Those that feel Herc is an absolute necessity, and those that don't. You know what? They're both right. Because the people that think each way find others that think the same way. And since they feel the same way, they play with that mindset. Neither is wrong. You'll have the people using their Herc to do what the Herc is designed for. Soloing everything that exists, or, in some cases, gathering a bunch of Venos with Hercs to take down anything like a force of nature. Meanwhile, the other group of Venos is doing the same quests, the same bosses, and in essence, the same thing. They just find ways to compensate for the fact that they don't own a pet that gives them a God Mode. They can't use their pet to tank a boss? Meh. They probably have Barb and Cleric friends. Either way, stuff gets done, and at the end of the day? You're probably happy with what you accomplished, no matter what it is.

You like the power of the Herc? Great! You don't like the power of the Herc? Great, too! Nobody is forcing you to play with anyone you don't want to. Heck. Try the other way of thinking. It might change your mind, it might not. Who really cares? That's the fun of this game. To do things YOUR way.
    edited April 2009
    No offense, but it you strive for a tool that makes you easily repeat te same action over and over and over and over and over and... oh I missed an over here, again, doesn't that tool make you a "human bot" of a sort? Now, I don't mean a software bot, but rather a machinal repeatable action, which has a 99.9% success rate, and causes your mind to dry out of intellectual functionality; instead of "playing" the game, you end up as a "human bot" to raise to the level cap.

P.S. Oh, and so it has begun, "no herc (or phoenix for pvp) = phail veno", quite a shame...

Leveling to the cap is secondary. ;o I will eventually start farming for a nix and gear at high 8x. I only play 2 hours a day right now and will pretty much continue to do that. My intellectual ability won't be reduced from 2 hours a day. ;) I have college courses to keep my mind sharp. b:laugh

Depending on a group of other people sucks. It's always someone wants to grind, they are questing, don't feel like it, pvping etc. Then you have to split the drops 6 ways once the party starts. Why deal with all that? b:surrender

It's about turning a $180 investment into possibly thousands of dollars worth of ingame stuff quickly. And more stuff = FUN. >:D

FYI I could make 6m minimum a week right now if I wanted to.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It's about turning a $180 investment into possibly thousands of dollars worth of ingame stuff quickly. And more stuff = FUN. >:D

I am veno and I have a herc, I do not see the possibility of this. Maybe I did something wrong, or there are something I do not know. but can you give a prove that this return of investment MAY exists? Nothing personal, just do not want people without a herc get misleaded. Believe or not, some players will just buy the herc because you said they will make thousands of dollars

Based on your post, you are soloing HH 1-2, and based on your level, you are a robe, otherwise you cannot keep up healing to solo 1-2 at your level. So you will need to kill all the mobs on the way to clear out the last 2 bosses, which will takes about 2 and half hours if you are good. Let’s assume you always get 2 green mats from each bosses, you will make 20k (2 x10k 1st boss) + 340k (2x170k golden armors) + 240k (2x120k skins) +200k (mirages and other drops) – 50k (sub) – 100k (repair, dolls, pots) = 650k. so on average you will get around 650K every 2 and half to 3 hours. 1000 gold (let’s not talk about thousand((s))) is 125m coins. 125000/650 x 2.5 (hours) = 480 hours, so I will make the return of investment you give by staying in HH 20 days nonstop. I make 200k-300k/hour from grinding, 480 hours of grinding will give me same amount of money. so I do not see how a herc make me thousands of dollars worth of ingame stuff quickly . Am I missing something?

For who do not have a herc and thinking about to get one. It is fun to own a herc if you set expectation correctly. But most of your fun are from helping people. If you do not enjoy helping, a herc maybe a burden to you. you will make more coins compare to a veno without a herc if you do thing right, but do not expect to make boat load of money with your herc. Time have changed, my guess is 10% of venos already have a herc, and all of them are soloing HH squad, price on HH mats drop like a rock. So do your own research if you want to buy a herc to make money.
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

FYI I could make 6m minimum a week right now if I wanted to.

So it turns to be more than a game for you as I see, my sympathies and best of enjoyment of the game in the future
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Gasp! Putting down the loyal Minkii!?! For shame!
    Personally, I like my Minkii...(sounds kind of funny to say that), but I also like scorpions, wolves and the variety of other pets out there.

Does anyone else think Herc looks kind of like the Michelin Man with a tan?
    edited April 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    I am veno and I have a herc, I do not see the possibility of this. Maybe I did something wrong, or there are something I do not know. but can you give a prove that this return of investment MAY exists? Nothing personal, just do not want people without a herc get misleaded. Believe or not, some players will just buy the herc because you said they will make thousands of dollars

Based on your post, you are soloing HH 1-2, and based on your level, you are a robe, otherwise you cannot keep up healing to solo 1-2 at your level. So you will need to kill all the mobs on the way to clear out the last 2 bosses, which will takes about 2 and half hours if you are good. Let’s assume you always get 2 green mats from each bosses, you will make 20k (2 x10k 1st boss) + 340k (2x170k golden armors) + 240k (2x120k skins) +200k (mirages and other drops) – 50k (sub) – 100k (repair, dolls, pots) = 650k. so on average you will get around 650K every 2 and half to 3 hours. 1000 gold (let’s not talk about thousand((s))) is 125m coins. 125000/650 x 2.5 (hours) = 480 hours, so I will make the return of investment you give by staying in HH 20 days nonstop. I make 200k-300k/hour from grinding, 480 hours of grinding will give me same amount of money. so I do not see how a herc make me thousands of dollars worth of ingame stuff quickly . Am I missing something?

For who do not have a herc and thinking about to get one. It is fun to own a herc if you set expectation correctly. But most of your fun are from helping people. If you do not enjoy helping, a herc maybe a burden to you. you will make more coins compare to a veno without a herc if you do thing right, but do not expect to make boat load of money with your herc. Time have changed, my guess is 10% of venos already have a herc, and all of them are soloing HH squad, price on HH mats drop like a rock. So do your own research if you want to buy a herc to make money.

1000 gold is $1000. Add 1 gold to that and you have thousands. And 480 hours is not bad for 125m. You will have decent stuff + a nix way before you hit that mark. You will probably even find mats to make some stuff on your own. It's all a process.

And I'm guessing you are on the older server. Harshlands has been kinda screwed up for a while now...50k mirages, 700k gold charms, etc. Don't know how long these high prices will last but it looks like it will be for a while....atleast I hope. b:laugh
    So it turns to be more than a game for you as I see, my sympathies and best of enjoyment of the game in the future

I think most people play THIS game to advance their char. Thats whats fun in THIS game. Anyone past 75 talking about how they play to chat with friends, enjoy the scenery, etc is bsing.
    edited April 2009
    Add one gold to a thousand and you'll have a thousand and one... Yes, this game is competitive, but that does entail different challenges for different people. Let me go over some math, you claim to be able to make 1.3 mil out of a 2 hour TT run. I make an average of 200k profit in 25 mins doing single mode. In the time it takes you to do a single run i can do five. That's 1 mil for me for the same amount of effort which makes your precious herc afford you an advantage of only 300k, considering you admit prices in your server to be inflated well over those of mine i think it's not a stretch to say that the diference your Herc affords you over my Shadou Cub is what either of us can make on a single mode run.

You fail at your own standard as much as you fail by mine, since what i take pride in is in excelling at performing my role in a squad. If you think leveling up and acumulating wealth are the only worthy achievements you can find in this game that's fine, i believe strategy and skill to be more important aspects. But please stop mistaking your opinions for fact and accept some of us are not just going to roll over and accept whatever you might say.
    edited April 2009
    hey when you get to 70 let me know if you can farm your TT weapon. Also, lets see if you even have the option to make your own armor in solo mode.

And hey, lets see if you get any TT gold mat drops. >:D

And that 1.3m was just with ONE golden armor shard. I can get three of those to drop some runs.
  • RanSama - Sanctuary
    RanSama - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I personally use a Lunar Lupin, and I call him "Shadou Cub for Cheap People".

He's no Herc, but he can still hold aggro and not take aggro from the main tank in instances while helping. All he needs is 3 Bash and he is a Venomancer's best friend. 600k is nothing compared to the 1.2-1.5m for a Shadou at level 20, let alone one that's been upgraded to peak performance.

At level 58, he has almost 5,000 Magic resistance and 1650 HP. While lacking in HP, his spectacular defenses make up for it. I've seen it take on four pyrogoths of its level at the same time and walk out with more than half of its HP.

Will I get a Herc? Don't know. I'll probably get a nix, though, seeing as I can't really think of a better flying pet.
    edited April 2009
    hey when you get to 70 let me know if you can farm your TT weapon. Also, lets see if you even have the option to make your own armor in solo mode.

And hey, lets see if you get any TT gold mat drops. >:D

And that 1.3m was just with ONE golden armor shard. I can get three of those to drop some runs.
    OH, my sweet... how cute. I'm pretty sure there are some runs that you get NONE. The thing is you just don't get it do you? I'm happy to farm my mats with a squad like every other class does.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Sower of the Flame. b:chuckle I love using that in my FB runs. 99% of everyone I play with has never even seen one. Reason: 99% of people also wined their FB59's. I don't pretend it's a tank, and yeah, I have a golem for that, but I think all of our casters get a little bit happier when they see the extreme damage they cause when Kazooie is in play. Howl 3 FTW. I know that Lunar Lupin comes with Howl 5, but he only has Flesh Ream 1, and that keeps aggro like ****. Bash 2, Fireball 3, and Howl 3 actually allow me to keep aggro on 3 mobs at once. b:pleased
    Have you run into any problems with Howl in groups? I use my kowlin's Howl 1 in groups, but lately have been using it less because casters keep pulling aggro off the tank.

I think most people play THIS game to advance their char. Thats whats fun in THIS game. Anyone past 75 talking about how they play to chat with friends, enjoy the scenery, etc is bsing.
    Different things are fun for different folks. Quite often people don't understand this - how could they since they don't find fun what the other guy is describing as fun? So they externalize their inability to understand, and blame it on the other guy making stuff up. Just because you don't understand how people can find chatting or enjoying scenery fun, that doesn't mean they're BSing. And just because you consider solo grinding for loot to be like botting doesn't mean others don't find it fun. Personally, I like setting up challenges and figuring out how to accomplish them. In EQ I tried to talk my guild into trying to kill a boss with just weapons, no armor. The others were less than enthused. b:chuckle

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm
    edited April 2009
    OH, my sweet... how cute. I'm pretty sure there are some runs that you get NONE. The thing is you just don't get it do you? I'm happy to farm my mats with a squad like every other class does.

lol some runs I get none? It's a squad mode. It's not like solo where nothing or 1 thing drops most the time. You get enough drops for 6 people. Most the time I will get two or three gold armor shards and about 10 mirage celestones. It's rare that it will drop 1 gold armor shard. Snake skins almost always drop 3.

You have no idea. b:laugh
    edited April 2009

You have no idea. b:laugh

Hold on to that and never let it go. Just keep telling yourself that.
    edited April 2009
    Different things are fun for different folks. Quite often people don't understand this - how could they since they don't find fun what the other guy is describing as fun? So they externalize their inability to understand, and blame it on the other guy making stuff up. Just because you don't understand how people can find chatting or enjoying scenery fun, that doesn't mean they're BSing. And just because you consider solo grinding for loot to be like botting doesn't mean others don't find it fun. Personally, I like setting up challenges and figuring out how to accomplish them. In EQ I tried to talk my guild into trying to kill a boss with just weapons, no armor. The others were less than enthused. b:chuckle

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm

Whole point is that certain people (like Surfer_Rose) are beefing up venos by telling half truths to new players. If someone makes a thread asking "What is the best class" someone will say veno for various reasons. Then the discussion gets into battle pets and the same people (surfer_rose) will say normal pets can solo bosses and pwn in pvp just like battle pets! Theres wayyy more to it that you are leaving out to the new player. ;o

And I was reading a pvp guide that a lvl 100 wizard wrote. He listed some strategies for beating every class. I read thru it and what did I find in the veno section? The dude started qq'ing about veno being OP with nix. This is a lvl 100 wiz. The guy said venos are pretty much nothing without a nix at that lvl.

Everyone pretty much agrees to that except for a few crazy individuals.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And I was reading a pvp guide that a lvl 100 wizard wrote. He listed some strategies for beating every class. I read thru it and what did I find in the veno section? The dude started qq'ing about veno being OP with nix. This is a lvl 100 wiz. The guy said venos are pretty much nothing without a nix at that lvl.

In 1v1 pvp the nix rules everyone. However, in group fights, a veno is just as useful if they fly around just debuffing everyone.

Debuffing werebeast buffs off of someone takes their HP down a ton, cleric buffs take attack and defense down a ton, and when you debuff earth barrier from a mage it opens them up to get eaten by archers.

In group pvp you don't even need a pet to be an effective veno. In tw, there should be a group of venos on the ground, not worrying to much about their pets, but they're there to debuff the cata pullers, and amplify damage to take them out more quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009

No one did mention sceneries either, but I'll resist he temptation to explain the "subtle" problem here...

Botting part turned to be to extreme in the end, as the battle pets surely create a situation where a routine combo succeeds 96% of the time, thus getting standardized and... you get the picture...

But in the end you are right @Solandri, not all follow the same pattern, and those who indeed want to "play", don't speak of the games' "fun"...

Thanks for your input everyone, and may your hercs watch over your grinds and TT runs...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Have you run into any problems with Howl in groups? I use my kowlin's Howl 1 in groups, but lately have been using it less because casters keep pulling aggro off the tank.

It does happen from time to time, yes. I make sure to hit the mob with his other two aggro skills, before using Howl, but sometimes people Crit, and that extra power they gained from the lowered Mag Defense just cuts right through any aggro my pet has. Of course.... By that point, the mob's almost dead anyway, and he's fast enough to catch up with him, and hit him with another aggro skill. But, even though there's a higher reduction, the higher skill level on Howl actually does allow him to keep aggro very well. Just using Howl on the pet, though? No. It's not going to keep aggro at all. I actually depend on that fact for bosses. If we've got a boss that requires a Magic tank, and people casting at it? I set him to Auto howl. It allows our main Caster to keep aggro much, much better. Granted, unless they're careful, a Barb is going to pull off aggro, because, really, that's what they're designed to do, but as long as he's careful, the extra DPS really helps those fights. I get in there in Fox Form as well, and Amp the boss as often as possible. 20% reduction from Amp, and ~30% reduction from Howl? That Caster is going to hurt. We've had extreme crits that way.

EDIT: I do plan on powering up his Aggro Skills, and I've also noticed that he will lose aggro a lot more for things like Pure Magic builds. So, really, it's a 'You win some, you lose some' Thing. But if we're dashing through a lower leveled FB run? He's a wonderful thing to have. Catches the mobs before anyone else can get there.
    edited April 2009
    Whole point is that certain people (like Surfer_Rose) are beefing up venos by telling half truths to new players. If someone makes a thread asking "What is the best class" someone will say veno for various reasons. Then the discussion gets into battle pets and the same people (surfer_rose) will say normal pets can solo bosses and pwn in pvp just like battle pets! Theres wayyy more to it that you are leaving out to the new player. ;o

What new players? In case you haven't noticed the OP is higher level than both of us. And please, people like me? That's the second time you've brought that up and i'm not sure what is it you mean. It's weird, it makes you seem like you're dealing with issues ok? Did people like me suckered you into playing a weak class? I would at least ask you to be punctual as to what you claim i would say or do. I may have posted a couple of dumb things in this thread but never claimed that regular pets would perform at the same level of legendary ones, and before you go there, neither did i imply it. I never claimed venos to be better than any other class. We have both more than broadly expressed either the folly or the soundness of our arguments and whoever reads this is more than free to think whatever they want. If all the people QQing about venos have gotten to you that is your problem, not mine. Go fund an archer with your veno since making money is all you seem to be good at. But don't dare pressume you can tell me what i can or can't do, i'll speak my mind. No, legendary pets are not necesary to play or enjoy the game, not at our level range, not at endgame.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The game as Veno would be fun to me depending on the variety of pets I have.What is the best golem btw?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Depends on what you think is "fun". A Herc is the lazy way out. It says "I do not want to work together with anyone and do not want to struggle with any fight. I just want an easy win button and that is it." Which is fine there are a lot of people who enjoy that style.

If you do not enjoy that style then maybe you would have 0 fun with a Herc. If you care more about looks of your pet then maybe something that does not look like a walking pile of living snot would be superior (LOL!).

If you do not have the resources to get the Herc but still want to go with the perscribed answer than maybe a Golem is your best friend.

If you are more of an explorer maybe Cactopods make you giddy or you form a Wolf Pack like me and run wild having your pet Swarm mobs (not recommended for squishy mage venos though!).

The answer to your question is hard to come by because "fun" is subjective.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I can't speak for higher levels ... My Venomancer is level27 and the main pets I use now are my Golem (keeping it leveled for my later levels), the Sawfly, and I plan on sticking with my Vericose Scorpion ... I haven't seen too many high level Venomancers use Scorpions (maybe they will s(_)ck at higher levels but I'm giving mine a test drive at later levels).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009

lol wut?

I'm sorry, I'd have more of a response if I wasn't busy seeing if I beat Rend Razorjaw into submission with a Tilecrushing Sledgehammer and a level 25 Jaden Qingfu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol wut?

I'm sorry, I'd have more of a response if I wasn't busy seeing if I beat Rend Razorjaw into submission with a Tilecrushing Sledgehammer and a level 25 Jaden Qingfu.

QFT man. I did my virridis with a golem and 3 venos healing man.
    We did my FB39, a group of 39-45 noobs with a golem tanking and eldergoth pulling. In my 60s my golem could easily hold 105 mobs. Scorpions and kowlins and sawflies and armored bears, all wonderful in pvp with their specific tasks. I cripple bosses, take down mobs, and DD pretty damn well when a barb is tanking my bosses now.

You do not need a phoenix to PVP. You do not need a Herc for bosses. Venos 4 lyfe man.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Of course it's still fun. To me Herc is just another pet everyone wants because of a trend and people claim it to be the best like they did with the rock dudes. Hercs and rock guys are easy to partner with because they have better health and you don't have to worry so much. To me this is like pokemon. Choose your buddy from the beginning and stick with them to the end. I got from lv 7 to 73 fine with my Wilderness Lynx. I see basically as a partnership so you can have whatever pet you like. All in all, it depends how good you are with that pet, whatever that pet may be. =^.^=
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    lol wut?

Jaden Qingfu FTW! My personal pet of choice in that FB however, was a level 25 Couragous Undine.