Divine Pyrogram:Your Opinion about it.

2»

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In my experiance the slow is far more effective than anything else. I can understand opening with DP on a metal mob if you have DP leveled, but otherwhise the extra damage isn't worth teh time the enemy isn't slowed. But not opening with a slow skill is just moronic imo.

You're not getting it. Pyrogram is a projectile type spell, meaning after you cast it it flies over to the enemy and hits when it makes contact. Gush is an instant hit spell, so by opening with pyrogram, while it flying through the air to hit the target, you can cast gush and it's almost a double hit. You'll lose like .4 seconds of slow time because it doesn't hit EXACTLY at the same time, but this way the mob dies faster.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You're not getting it. Pyrogram is a projectile type spell, meaning after you cast it it flies over to the enemy and hits when it makes contact. Gush is an instant hit spell, so by opening with pyrogram, while it flying through the air to hit the target, you can cast gush and it's almost a double hit. You'll lose like .4 seconds of slow time because it doesn't hit EXACTLY at the same time, but this way the mob dies faster.

Read that Calibix. And if you still think we are wrong, read it again.

And again.

Pyrogram first followed by gush (all spells at level 10) is the optimal casting, PERIOD. Unless you fight water mob with sandstorm, or you have glacier leveled high enought.

Once again, Pyrogram first is ALMOST a FREE spell.

- Amy
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Quit picking on Cali, he's a good guy.

He's right that GS as starter is a staple after X level. Which means for him, he is correct.

Everything is variable regarding which spells at which lev, what lev char etc.

If SS or SR isn't leveled while pyro and gush are maxed... etc etc.

It just seems to work best as a game mechanic to use a big spell first then gush. I doubt it makes much difference to someone who is burning it down before it gets to him though >.<'
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    at sage it has debuff dosent it
  • Optimeau - Heavens Tear
    Optimeau - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hello all,

I have been using gush as opener for many levels now. I always thought I was weird, because I rarely use sandstorm...
    The following is my favorite combo:
    gush -> pyro -> gush -> force-of-will -> gush -> pyro -> gush
    Obviously I don't use this on Water Mobs...

The reasons I use these:
    - the range is far. all skills maxed early;
    - I help people (often blademaster I team with) to pull away spawns from them, if needed. Most classes don't like fighting >2 mobs;
    - I am not begging to KSed when using Divine Pyrogram;
    - during Divine Pyrogram, a mob can walk to one of his friends and vice versa, causing you-know-what;

So, personally I do not use Divine Pyrogram, when mobs are close together, or when many players around.

cheers,
    Optimeau
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Situational, I will always use gush in legion attacks and wraith attacks. Vs single target I tend towards best big spell against that element.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    pyrogram gush pyrogram gush, maybe add pheonix if the monster is melee.

there is no room for devine pyrogram outside of sutra. If you're trying to grind on a scroll, using it will just slow you down a lot.

It's a nice strong opener if you like to take things slow.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    compare the times between combinations:

gush -> pyro -> gush -> pyro -> gush

or

pyro -> gush -> pyro -> gush -> pyro

and

divine pyro -> gush -> pyro -> gush

Yes the above combination is the one I often use on metal mobs and it kills them. On the ground it usually kills them before they are able to attack. In the air it's worse and You may want to use force of will in the middle, but even with force of will, if divine pyro saves you one spell it's faster. And if I don't use force of will I get hit once at most (but only thanks to divine pyro at the beginning), so sometimes I prefer to get hit 3 times from 3 consecutive mobs and then heal once, than use force of will 3 times. Force of will is great but during grinding it takes mana and time too.

If I use will of the phoenix and see my char moving towards the mob I'm getting mad. I didn't try to measure the time but the period I move without casting seems ages to me (I'm sure it's just because of the annoyance and it's not so long in fact). And I guess You have similar feelings about divine pyrogram. It seems to channel ages, but it's not. It's just 4 sec in total and it can replace 2 x 2.3 sec
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I'm sorry I did some mess here for a while. I made nasty mistake and mistook one person for another. Now my post is edited and makes more sense.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    compare the times between combinations:

gush -> pyro -> gush -> pyro -> gush

or

pyro -> gush -> pyro -> gush -> pyro

and

divine pyro -> gush -> pyro -> gush

Yes the above combination is the one I often use on metal mobs and it kills them. On the ground it usually kills them before they are able to attack. In the air it's worse and You may want to use force of will in the middle, but even with force of will, if divine pyro saves you one spell it's faster. And if I don't use force of will I get hit once at most (but only thanks to divine pyro at the beginning), so sometimes I prefer to get hit 3 times from 3 consecutive mobs and then heal once, than use force of will 3 times. Force of will is great but during grinding it takes mana and time too.

If I use will of the phoenix and see my char moving towards the mob I'm getting mad. I didn't try to measure the time but the period I move without casting seems ages to me (I'm sure it's just because of the annoyance and it's not so long in fact). And I guess You have similar feelings about divine pyrogram. It seems to channel ages, but it's not. It's just 4 sec in total and it can replace 2 x 2.3 sec
    Why would you ever use Force of Will on equal level magic mobs at your level?
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Xer - Lost City
    Xer - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I Got this spell on lvl 10, and i find it a very useful skill for the first hit on pve and pvp
    Make War not love
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wow. Topic done to death but I don't know that anyone mentioned this one little fact.

DP has the highest channel:cast ratio (3:1) which makes it pair better with -channel than any other skill. Ultimately this ends up being a minor difference but if you scale it to high -channels (30%+) it might be something to think about. Now I have no idea how you get to -30% channel (or greater) without killing your phys def.
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can get -30% channeling with this gear without loosing p.def ornaments.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8a014791a6e8a7b4

Its a Frostcovered City gear, very hard to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hate - Lost City
    Hate - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You can get -30% channeling with this gear without loosing p.def ornaments.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=8a014791a6e8a7b4

Its a Frostcovered City gear, very hard to get.

In a realistic world...
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wizards suck, divine pyrogram is a wizard skill
    So by correlation, divine pyrogram must suck
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    spirea wrote: »

+1

lol
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Why would you ever use Force of Will on equal level magic mobs at your level?

Extra life, Elite, Mag Res ?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Extra life, Elite, Mag Res ?
    He's talking about every single mob, not the exceptions
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    The answer to Kristph's question: not to get hit.

Other solutions I can think about are: Will of the Phoenix which sucks for reasons mentioned earlier and distance shrink away which sucks too. Depending on my mood my views on which solution sucks the least change, but most often I feel, that not getting hit is overrated and I just get hit. (Yes it sucks)

Maybe glacial snare could solve some of my problems but right now it's low level and it's range sucks.

Damn. Every possible somution sucks and people are wondering where those opinions, that wizards suck, come from:)
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    The answer to Kristph's question: not to get hit.

Other solutions I can think about are: Will of the Phoenix which sucks for reasons mentioned earlier and distance shrink away which sucks too. Depending on my mood my views on which solution sucks the least change, but most often I feel, that not getting hit is overrated and I just get hit. (Yes it sucks)

Maybe glacial snare could solve some of my problems but right now it's low level and it's range sucks.

Damn. Every possible somution sucks and people are wondering where those opinions, that wizards suck, come from:)

Maybe I read this wrong, maybe you meant to say something different? But from the above all I can say is:

What is WRONG WITH YOU?! You don't want to get hit, you don't want to do any of the 3 things that avoid it...and your whining that its the classes fault when you haven't bothered paying to upgrade your skills? Best go roll a veno.
    Every other class is going to take a hit against some mob..why should you be special? Wait, its cause your a wiz and you have the OPTION of not getting hit in several ways...

Option 4. Spend some money. Refine your wep. Burn down the mob before it gets to you.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    The last sentence is a joke. Well... Ok a hlafjoke :)

I was responding to Kristoph, whose question kind of implied, that using Foce of Will is some crazy idea and it sucks. Well I can't help it. Sometimes I'm in the mood, that I feel it sucks the least.

Don't treat it as some serious whinning. If I felt that bad I would have stopped playing already.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    The last sentence is a joke. Well... Ok a hlafjoke :)

I was responding to Kristoph, whose question kind of implied, that using Foce of Will is some crazy idea and it sucks. Well I can't help it. Sometimes I'm in the mood, that I feel it sucks the least.

Don't treat it as some serious whinning. If I felt that bad I would have stopped playing already.

It seemed really wierd. Out of character even.
    Hence the "Maybe I read this wrong, maybe you meant to say something different? "

Sorry to grump, been reading we hate wizzy posts b:angry
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    spirea wrote: »

please now...can you stop this???? I am tired that every post of yours its about "wizards suck skills suck all skills suck, all suck"...Instead to exploit out when whatskills to use to not suck....
    mainly all skills suck but if u do the right combo it will change very good. And because u are killed many times thats not only ebcause of wizards suck.. Sometimes the player skills matter more than the wizards class... and the gears too and if its refined or not
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Other solutions I can think about are: Will of the Phoenix which sucks for reasons mentioned earlier
    That's funny, it stops me from getting hit by any magic/melee mob and it does damage, making it more effective than Force of Will. Along with the fact that it's only a 39 skill, meaning relatively cheap. Phoenix is the second most useful skill in PvE, only Snare beats it.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    And here we are discussing personal preferences again :)

Ok so to put It simply: I would use FoW because I prefer it (sometimes).

I usually avoid WotP because it annoys me. It doesn't work 100% of the time as intended. I mean it doesn't let me avoid being hit 100% of the time. Sometimes it's my fault because i use it too late, but sometimes my char goes towards the mob (grrr...) in the right time, then stops because mob is in range, and then does nothing for half a second (yeah I'm exaggerating but the delay is noticeable and thus annoying) like it was wondering if it really is in range, before it starts channeling. The end result: I get hit anyway. Maybe it's my lag and maybe part of the fault is at my end, but not all of it.

But don't think I don't use WotP at all. I abuse it as AoE quite often, which is a source of frustrations for another discussion :)
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Now on the topic.

Thx Amour for explaining it. I hadn't realized it before I read your post. Pyrogrms (both of them) are projectiles and the damage is delayed. That’s a great advantage.

I kill Mothran Dazzlewings lately and I can kill them with

Sandstorm -> gush -> pyrogram -> gush without buffs or with
    Divine pyrogram -> gush -> pyrogram -> gush with buffs.

The latter option works so much better that I bother to look for some friendly cleric, to get buffed before starting grinding. It's worth it.