Most Respected Faction?

Options
Pemarkre - Harshlands
Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
I would like to hear from everyone about factions that impress them, with their actions, with their goals, with their achievements, with their individual members. I've been reading the forums for weeks now, and this one for our native Harshlands has been a bit of a downer, since just about everything has been devolving into a round robin of complaints and bashing.

So... I'd like to have something more positive to look forward to when I lurk on my work breaks. Tell me about your faction's awesomosity, or one that you've interracted with and come away with a positive opinon of them :) (And please, I'm not looking for Awesomosity in the sense of "OMG we so pwnd ___ because they are a bunch of ___." That... doesn't sound flattering to either faction XD)

For the record, I belong to a faction already, and am quite happy there and will be remaining loyal to it. Most of you probably haven't heard of it yet as we are landless... but that's only for the time being ^x^

I just have this insatiable curiosity to me, and wish to feed it with all things PWI and Harshlands. I am, perhaps, a mite obsessed... And my current obsessive focus has fixed itself upon the politics and legends of our server ^x^
Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
Post edited by Pemarkre - Harshlands on

Comments

• Iffy - Harshlands
    Iffy - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    tbh, I don't "respect" any factions on this server yet

Crimson has numbers and levels... but a lot of idiots
    Kingdom rides Crimsons 8===D
    BloodCult carebear zhenners lol
    Mercenary fake bid
    Don't know much about Kylin, Sin, Heavenly, AvengerZ
    Also don't know anything about the small guilds

All I know is everyone thinks Crimson are the champions of there server and are too afraid to do a thing
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    tbh, I don't "respect" any factions on this server yet

Crimson has numbers and levels... but a lot of idiots
    Kingdom rides Crimsons 8===D
    Mercenary fake bid
    Don't know much about Kylin, Sin, Heavenly, AvengerZ
    Also don't know anything about the small guilds

All I know is everyone thinks Crimson are the champions of there server and are too afraid to do a thing

My feelings exactly. No guild on this server has done anything to deserve respect.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well this is off to a cheerful start ^x^;

Perhaps it's a little too soon for anyone to have proven themselves? I've heard all those things already about the factions you mentioned, Iffy. I know there are plenty of other factions around though that haven't hit the forum radar yet, though. Kinda wondering about those ^x^ I realize that a lot of them will be a flash in the pan but I'm sure there must be some headed in the right direction.

This hungry mind wants some entertaining stories :)
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

• Image - Lost City
    Image - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Respected factions dont exist. b:chuckle

Theres love, hate, and ignorance to everything
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Oh, Cynicism, how you stalk meeeee! b:chuckle

Is there no hope for reviving the naiive romantic that I once was years ago, or shall I just stick to the semi-cheerful jaded cynical optimist that I am now and admit that you're probably right? XD

I'd try for the Bliss route there but I tend to ask too many questions for that ^x^

• Storage - Harshlands
    Storage - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In my eyes..

Citadel, due to the fact that they we're 3rd Strongest when the game was up, and the first faction of the server, then all the 40+ bailed to Kingdom, and now its re-made, and still growing in power.

GL to Citadel b:victory

Kingdom, Kylin, and Crimson for getting land.

Eminence for taking on the whole server.
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    IMO Pend
    Why?
    For knowing how to handle a KoS and not letting it affect them, Unlike KD or LS.

Actually I see Pend growing more lately than losing people.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    IMO Pend
    Why?
    For knowing how to handle a KoS and not letting it affect them, Unlike KD or LS.

Actually I see Pend growing more lately than losing people.

It's not that we know how to handle kos, it's that we play the pvp server for pvp. KOS is extremely easy to handle. The only thing I can't handle is how people take it personally/hold a grudge for the rest of the game because I killed them.
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    kylin is filled with 13-15 year olds. immature and painful if you have to listen to it. also most of their leadership members sold their old accounts on LC to fund playing here. too bad nothing is done about it since all the money stayed within PWI they ignore the issue of account selling.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    KOS is extremely easy to handle.

Don't go telling that to some KD members. They drop tag because "I got killed after just logging in" or because "I can't zhen cus im getting pked"
    dieho wrote: »
    kylin is filled with 13-15 year olds. immature and painful if you have to listen to it.

Agreed 100%
  • Storage - Harshlands
    Storage - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    kylin is filled with 13-15 year olds. immature and painful if you have to listen to it. also most of their leadership members sold their old accounts on LC to fund playing here. too bad nothing is done about it since all the money stayed within PWI they ignore the issue of account selling.

Proof? b:chuckle
  • Jeffreys - Harshlands
    Jeffreys - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Hater?b:bye

you have no fking clue what are you talking about seriously, kid......-_-

can you tell me who sold their old account in LC and come to Kylin? list them pleaseb:shutup

at least we arent nub who brag about level now which is really easy to catch up later on.....instead of leveling, people should learn how to pk well firstb:chuckle, thats how Conqueror roll BLT beforeb:pleased

btw, stop acting like you are mature pssh, if you are, you wont even bother come to forum and post pointless thread.
    [Kylin Organizer]Having Fun In The New Serverb:thanks
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

I like to pick flowers too b:cute
  • JeffreyS - Lost City
    JeffreyS - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

hi nerd? mind to get your real account and come here before you post something else?b:victory

pretty lame huh

PS. Kids always call other ppl kidb:shocked
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Considering that you've never been in our faction or vent; I doubt you'd know what we're like. As for the account selling; please give some names before you accuse us.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Considering that you've never been in our faction or vent; I doubt you'd know what we're like. As for the account selling; please give some names before you accuse us.

What chu talking bout?
    ventrilo8.va.powervs.com
  • dieho
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hater?b:bye

can you tell me who sold their old account in LC and come to Kylin? list them pleaseb:shutup

hmmm lets see who sold their account on LC? for starters you did you pompous little ****. got screenshots of you talking about it over and over. elixer did got screens of him admitting it so he could buy herc/nix. i could go on and on but doesnt matter your admissions were emailed to GMs but guess they dont care.

i wonder how many 15 year olds can magically come up with $400 when the server opens but then say they dont cash shop and be begging people to sell them gold? interesting isnt it?

everyone who has quit kylin was probably sick of all the crying and whining when you kids dont get your way.
  • yangsta27
    yangsta27 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Crimson has the most high lvls and the most numbers on this server but their pvp is questionable.

Kingdom looks like their falling apart, but holding their own atm.

Laststand wasnt quite strong as before but still can hold thier own.

Bloodcult is a new guild thats staying out of the scenes atm because of their heavy zhen action. They look good so far.

Pendulum is still relatively small but slowly growing stronger and the guild is based on pvp from what I've seen. Pendulum and LS are the only two guilds that is KOS with Crimson/Kingdom empire.

I dont know much about the other guilds.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *snipes the flaming down*

Random accusations without proof have never appealed to me. And I don't want y'all to start trying to prove the basis behind your flame wars right now - I see them on all the other threads so I've gotten a pretty good helping of the "bad" things about factions already :)

What'd I'd like here is to get the flipside of that, the better things about the various Factions :)

• Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Back to the on-topic posts...

I find it interesting that Pendulum is still growing through the KoS. I thought that normally breaks a guild? Props to them for their survival skills and tenacity. (And if anyone here says anything about SZ I'm-a wallop them XD Heard it a thousand times already. I'm not going to argue with what works, whether it's SZ when you're bound to lose, or bringing more people when you're losing. It's called tactical retreat and reinforcements!)

I look forward to seeing how the TWs this weekend turn out. When I first arrived here the general vein was OMG Crimdom will rule the world in two more weeks! But it isn't looking that way now... strengths and weaknesses seem to be changing, and more factions are getting little spots of their own.

I like it that we have a little bit of dynamics going on :)

• Bakura - Harshlands
    Bakura - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Back to the on-topic posts...

I find it interesting that Pendulum is still growing through the KoS. I thought that normally breaks a guild? Props to them for their survival skills and tenacity. (And if anyone here says anything about SZ I'm-a wallop them XD Heard it a thousand times already. I'm not going to argue with what works, whether it's SZ when you're bound to lose, or bringing more people when you're losing. It's called tactical retreat and reinforcements!)

I look forward to seeing how the TWs this weekend turn out. When I first arrived here the general vein was OMG Crimdom will rule the world in two more weeks! But it isn't looking that way now... strengths and weaknesses seem to be changing, and more factions are getting little spots of their own.

I like it that we have a little bit of dynamics going on :)

Indeed so. I feel sorry for Crimson, Kingdoms cant be sucking their epeen and standing as the dogs they are next to their loyal (read fgt) masters in the tw, what a huge sadness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PvP delivered straight to your doorstep since 2oo8.
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    Aurian - Harshlands Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Pendulum is growing cause most LS are joining then, no other reason.

The pvp skills of most of then are... w8 they lack of it, ofc some *points at angeRR* think they rock at pvp cause they can kill a lvl 6x or 7x with lvl 8x nix and a lvl 8x EA next to her lol

I don't see the point of getting team mates to "send pet and run as fast as possible" but if that makes ur ego go high, just do itb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieho
    edited April 2009
    Options

dont be so sure about your guild/vent either. cant post screens on forums they will just be deleted but they were sent to GMs.
  • dieho
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hi nerd? mind to get your real account and come here before you post something else?b:victory

pretty lame huh

PS. Kids always call other ppl kidb:shocked

twice your age. go sell another account and reroll. hell you have basically admitted it all over the forums already. saying that its not you on LC anymore. epic fail idiot. or should i say MD.
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    Aurian - Harshlands Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dieho STFU and GTFO..

idiotb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not to butt in on your personal argument, Dieho, but we aren't discussing vent access, age groups, and TOS violations this time around ;)

@ Aurian:
    Whether Pendulum is growing in number from the members leaving a beleagured guild or not, the fact remains that people are chosing Pendulum to go to, even while it's under KoS. What that says about LS and Pend, and what it means for both of them in the future and their strength as factions, we'll find out in the coming weeks.

The LS members leaving to find a better place could chose an unknown guild rather than get another bullseye over their heads. Or even try for one of the bigger guilds. Some, I'm sure, are doing just that. But regardless of where the new Pendulum members are coming from, if they're *growing* instead of shrinking under the KoS, when other KoS'd guilds have just poofed out of existance or gone into hiding, well, that tickles my fancy a little. So wherever they're getting members from, they still get props from me for the time being.

As for Nixes, if you've got it, use it. Just like, if you've got numbers and need em, use em. If the safe zone's there and you need it or you'll die, use it.

On the other side of the game, if you're afraid of Nixes, find a way around it to get the Veno. And keep alert - it's PVP and anyone who gets the drop on you is likely to have the advantage, Pet or No Pet. Having a Nix doesn't make you Teh Uber Awesome, but if people can't beat you, what's the difference in the end? The methods of play are up to each individual user, it's the results that matter.

• Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Stop being 2x so I can invite you to the guild, Pemarke. There's a shortage of people who aren't completely **** on this server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hmmm lets see who sold their account on LC? for starters you did you pompous little ****. got screenshots of you talking about it over and over. elixer did got screens of him admitting it so he could buy herc/nix. i could go on and on but doesnt matter your admissions were emailed to GMs but guess they dont care.

i wonder how many 15 year olds can magically come up with $400 when the server opens but then say they dont cash shop and be begging people to sell them gold? interesting isnt it?

everyone who has quit kylin was probably sick of all the crying and whining when you kids dont get your way.

Who am I on LC then? Oh wait I didn't play LC.
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ^x^ Thanks Ligeia. I won't be 2x for much longer on my Main (Wizard Lareish), but my avatar will be stuck at 20 for a while since I'm not using my Veno. I was dividing my time across three characters so my leveling was slower, but with all at about 20 now, I've finally made my Main choice.

I'm already in a Faction though, claimed by Enraged as Lareish. We're off the radar for the time being but even still, I'm a loyal sort so as long as Enraged is around and kicking, I'll be in with them ^x^

I have nothing barring me from socializing with intelligent people from other Factions, however :)

• Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Rome
    Tado
    Zin
    angeRR
    Dejavu
    Skeptical
    Ruby
    THC