Annoying Boss Kills.

d0pey
d0pey Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling upset about this but seriously, why is it so hard to find a nice group of people to help with boss kills? Especially people who are guildless and do not wish to be part of the drama that guilds hafta experience. I've tried shouting in Archosaur and even in small towns where high leveled people are supposed to be around for bosses; e.g, Slither, Mantavip. BUT no responses at all D:
So I see this is actually just a community for warfare and FBs(beneficial cus u get exp n stuff) and some people even wanted money for them to help you(which is so ridiculous) but not a little help for people like me?b:sad It's depressing because you especially get loads of elite boss killing quests at level 40-70- i dunno what goes on but seriously, since you peeps are so high leveled why not spare a little helping hand? -_-
To act is to live.
Post edited by d0pey on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Each boss you are going to need a certain crew make-up.

That is often the biggest problem with finding a group of random people.

Find a guild....easiest thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    When other people do your FB, make them do your bosses first.
  • Huyidao - Heavens Tear
    Huyidao - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ^
    Agreed -- you can make your FB group do your bosses first.

This is also one of the benefits of joining a guild. Find a guild that does non-FB bosses for its members. Not all guilds are drama centers, but if you want to remain guildless, then you need a good friendlist.
    Sagacious Guild - Heaven's Tear
    Forums: z3.invisionfree.com/Sagacious/index.php?act=idx
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Most people are reading guild/squad chat, and have general chat off (especially in places like Arch). To make matters worse, if you don't repeat yourself, your request will get lost in the spam, but if you keep asking, people will ignore you even more for spamming.

Keep in mind that killing a boss isn't some minor favor. Depending on the level of the squad, people are losing a LOT of potential coins/XP in lost travel+kill time (Slither and Mantavip are way out in the middle of nowhere), plus the cost of potions, charms, and repairs. And you want a whole squad of people to drop everything they are doing and go help you, out of the kindness of their hearts?

Also, make use of your friends list, especially if you're not in a guild.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There are plenty of drama-free guilds out there that can get you the help you need. In mine we have boss nights weekly to help our lowbies get things done. This last week I spent about 4 hours killing bosses, some several times. You may need to weed out a few bad factions to find a good one, but it's worth the effort. Try responding to some of the nightly world chat recruitment ads, I'm sure you can find a guild you can be comfortable with.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    that is why i recommend being part of a faction. Not all of them have drama, and it kinda pisses me off when someone like you states that faction=drama. If you had some bad experience with a certain faction, it doesn't mean they're all the same. There are lots of drama haters, and lots of players who just want to enjoy the game (including myself).

As for the bosses you need, if you don't want to join a drama-faction in order to get the help you ask for, i'd suggest you either buy teleacoustics and shout on World Chat for help, or just keep an eye on World Chat cause there are people that shout when they have free slots in a team (yeah i do that sometimes). Spamming normal chat in Archosaur won't help you much, cause most players have the normal chat disabled in big towns - cause of all the spam for buying/selling stuff. Another thing you can do, is just camp the boss you need and hope to find a party willing to help you out.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Boss kill, solo grind, dungeon runs.

first had most important thing in this game and every other game that you play.

make friends.
    talk to each other.
    have a conversation.
    be polite and respectful.
    been in a guild or not dont really matter.
    Its the same in RL, you meet someone and you never talk to them ever again.
    what would happen when you ask them for some help?
    they dont know you from any other stranger they meet.

Friends will help what they can.
    guildies half of the time they are occupied with other things.

Certain boss require certain class of player to deal with.
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Best way to get help is finding several other players that also need that boss. Have yout thought about the time/charm/repairs spent killing said bosses?

Mantavip takes about 30mins +charm burn. Slither is major charm burn for clerics. Guilds is the best way to go. You can also try visiting the boss sites to see if anyone is doing that boss and try to get a spot.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    d0pey wrote: »
    So I see this is actually just a community for warfare and FBs(beneficial cus u get exp n stuff) and some people even wanted money for them to help you(which is so ridiculous)

factor in these things:
    time to get to boss, flying (time = money) or tp costs count here
    cost of charms used (mainly on the cleric's part)
    cost of repairs (mainly on the barb's part, which can be exessively high from what i seen)
    lost xp in that time that they took out to kill said boss

really asking a small fee isnt as ridiculous as it sounds, if you expect someone to just drop what they are doing and fly half way across the map for some random stranger expect them to probably want some sort of compensation for it.
    personally I do help if I happen to be passing by a boss, or if people are waiting for squads when i am helping another i do it 2+ times as needed, but I dont watch world chat, and i dont watch local chat in towns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I just camp out near the boss and wait for groups to come. I rarely have left a spot without getting it done, sometimes it takes an hour or so but it isn't the biggest deal, the bosses you need usually have mobs in the area around your level so i grind till a party comes by. Most people are friendly enough to invite you in the party
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    as mentioned, no one particular person can do a boss by themselves (lest its some classes much higher in level). it's all well and good to want to help if i'm flying over a town near a boss, but you better have other people ready (cleric, barb etc) cuz i'm not dragging my faction mates across the map to kill some random person's boss. that's just not right, they have things to do as well and their in-game time is limited as it is.

higher level people have world quests, this involves floating to an npc, talking to it, and floating to another npc on the map. this means lvl70+ people go afk at height 78, drop down, talk to an npc, then afk again while they fly to another npc. most of them probably dont even bother to read what's on the chat.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    2/3 of the time I go to kill a boss for someone, theres already a group there killing it. Logic would say that if you waited around at the boss it wouldn't take long to find a spot for you.

Sorry for not sugar coating this, but if you honestly expect random people who don't know you to stop what they are doing, fly halfway across the world, wait for everyone else to turn up, and risk dying simply because you shouted that you needed it, then you are seriously in need of a reality check.

Besides in my experience, almost all of the people I try to help end up making me wait for them. I generally like to help people, but unless they are there, waiting, and ready to go, then forget it.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    To OP:

On Heaven's Tear, look out for World Chats stating "QuestSeek Faction killing <boss-name>, PM for invites now!".

Alternatively, PM me or any other QuestSeek officer in-game, and ask about any boss you need killed. We have a kill cycle, and will also do bosses on request, no strings attached, no faction membership needed.

Warm Regards
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    if i am at orchid temple and arent doing anything and u ask for help killing krixx sure i just stop by, use 1 hp pot and solo it for u. but if u are asking for help on things like slither/mantavip, very few people can solo it and even those that can will have to waste an extremely high amount of charm/pot.
    minimum requirement 2 kill 1 of those bosses = cleric, well i am just a random archer passing by, i dont have a personal pet cleric so i am not going to waste my time looking for 1 to help another stranger kill a boss. if u want help frm strangers on high lvl bosses, u better make sure u need only ONE person, like shout that u are looking for a tank or looking for a healer, but whichever one u asked for u better make sure u have the other one already in ur party.

If u relly want ur boss done in a speedy fashion fastest way is to be in a guild, or else u better have a decently long and balanced list of friends willing to help u kill a boss at their expense.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hang around the bosses you need killed instead of looking for help in Archosaur. All the groups/factions I've been in have been more than happy to invite people hanging around if we have room in the group when killing a boss. If you try to form a group in Arch, the high level help will need to expend a lot of effort - traveling to the boss, waiting for other people to get there, etc. But if you're already at the boss when a group with room is killing it, the only effort it costs them is to right-click on your picture and select invite.
  • d0pey
    edited April 2009
    I forgot to mention that I DID camped out at the spots where the elites are, but most of the time i only see people doing quests on the mobs on that area and not the boss. I don't know if it has something to do with my timing, because I live in +8GMT time region. Note that I do not purposely want people to take their time off what they're busying with and purposely again pm me and tell me they can help. I was referring to those people who hung around all day having nothing better to do and just bored to see if they'd like to help. Plus i hate spamming in trade chat as well, because i seriously think it's annoying as hell also; so i try to stop after a few times if there's still no response. b:sad

And if the people who think they are wasting their pots and time and charms(whatever), note that i would of course only willingly accept help from people if they're willing to help, and not those who whine about ticking their charms and such. And it seems that all of you just think that joining a guild will solve all the problems, i'd indeed have bad experiences with guilds but i did not generalise. To those reading this post i'm not generalising all guilds are drama mamas but seriously some are really too lazy or 'busy' with themselves to really go and help their guildies. b:angry

Teleaccoustics wise i've also tried before, but i do not have extra coins to spend on that cus i still gotta waste it on gears and stuff. In whatever case I just wanna express my super annoyance at the lack of help for boss elites(as GMs(idk why) intended) for the more 'distant' people in the game. But well i read that some of you said that using FBs as a reason to finish off the bosses might work. I will hafta try it out. Thanks.
    To act is to live.
  • SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    But well i read that some of you said that using FBs as a reason to finish off the bosses might work. I will hafta try it out. Thanks.

Doubt it's gonna work. From personal experience, those that hunt FB runs, are only doing it for the exp reward, and are too busy to help with anything else. If you're on HT during euro daytime, msg me in game, ill be more then happy to kill slither for ya b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • d0pey
    edited April 2009
    Doubt it's gonna work. From personal experience, those that hunt FB runs, are only doing it for the exp reward, and are too busy to help with anything else. If you're on HT during euro daytime, msg me in game, ill be more then happy to kill slither for ya b:shy

Thanks sweetie, but I'm on LC... :( b:cry
    To act is to live.
  • Alryn - Heavens Tear
    Alryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    From my experience, i'm in a good guild which helps everyone get they're bosses done. Although I still have to be patient as some bosses require a high level tank and 2 clerics, and there's always at least 4 or 5 other guildies need to get them done.
    I sometimes like recently have 6 bosses lined up, thanks to my guild I now only have Krimson and Mantavip to do, but I will have to wait until my guild is ready to put the right squad together to get the job done properly. Some bosses like those can not be done easily, I've watched several groups throwing everything they have at Mantavip and the last 10% or so hp taking forever to finish him off.
    So my only advice is to be patient, go do something else while you keep asking, you will get the help eventually. Most people are very helpful, but they all have limited time and availablity, also IMHO there is still a shortage of very high level tanks and clerics in game (lvl 80+) needed to get some of the harder bosses done with ease. As more of us level up over 80+ it should get a bit easier, or you could join 1 of the higher level guilds, but my guess is you would need to meet their high level req to join.
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If I am killing a boss already, or if I'm bored I will be more than willing to help people. But otherwise I don't have enough time. At one point I spent over an hour doing 49 cultivation bosses (killed the first 2 for a guildie, on the 3rd someone asked to join, so killed the 3rd and back to the 1st when someone else wanted to join etc.) and I am sure I could spend almost all day running the same bosses, and I am sure that a few people remember me and appreciate me, but most would just go on about their business.

Honestly the best system I have ever found is the mercenary system, where the lower level pays the higher level. If its worth the money to do that for the higher level he is better off, and it is worth paying the money for the lower level than he is better off. Its a win/win.

Note: I have so far never taken money to help take down a boss, but I have paid to have someone take one down for me. But I still think its the best method.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm on LC... :( b:cry
    That's your real problem here.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That's your real problem here.

It is not, if he only posted a one online mesage saying he is guildless and need help to kill bosses. I will do all of them for him. But I am not the one WILLING to help. so I am sure he does not want my help.
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Many guilds are drama free cause its just annoying, and also many guilds have one or two days a week to help out with bosses. So joining a faction is probably the best option.
    But you can also camp out and ask people who are near because a lot of the time there are empty spots or they will kill the boss again if there are enough people asking. Whenever I'm helping with a boss I always ask people if they need it too if there is room, and sometimes I will leave the squad and have the Barb or BM tank and I'll tank outside of the squad with my pet and pull it my pet back before the boss dies. People can also have clerics heal the tanker outside of the squad to get other people who need the boss in.
    As for the money issue, it takes a lot of money to teleporting fees, repairs, pots, and charms. So if someone asks you for a small fee you should pay them after the boss, its only fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    edited April 2009
    Many guilds are drama free cause its just annoying, and also many guilds have one or two days a week to help out with bosses. So joining a faction is probably the best option.
    But you can also camp out and ask people who are near because a lot of the time there are empty spots or they will kill the boss again if there are enough people asking. Whenever I'm helping with a boss I always ask people if they need it too if there is room, and sometimes I will leave the squad and have the Barb or BM tank and I'll tank outside of the squad with my pet and pull it my pet back before the boss dies. People can also have clerics heal the tanker outside of the squad to get other people who need the boss in.
    As for the money issue, it takes a lot of money to teleporting fees, repairs, pots, and charms. So if someone asks you for a small fee you should pay them after the boss, its only fair.

We do bosses for our members too, we usually spend one day a week to clear all the bosses our member need. We even do culti bosses outside boss day. But at same time we have kicked one member before when he does not respect others work. when high level players helping on those bosses, they get nothing. they used their grinding time to help. we want our members to respect helper's work.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    keep an eye on World Chat cause there are people that shout when they have free slots in a team (yeah i do that sometimes).
    This, OP. Do this. If the boss you need isn't critical (i.e. required for Spirit Cultivation), just wait. Wait and watch WC closely for a squad with free spots doing bosses. It happens more often than you'd think, at least on HT.

If you're sending out your own WCs asking for help, don't use them all in the same 10-minute spam. Use one, maybe two, within a period of the same couple hours. This maximizes the number of people who will see it.
    that is why i recommend being part of a faction. Not all of them have drama, and it kinda pisses me off when someone like you states that faction=drama. If you had some bad experience with a certain faction, it doesn't mean they're all the same. There are lots of drama haters, and lots of players who just want to enjoy the game (including myself).
    But also remember that a dislike of drama isn't the only reason one chooses to be factionless. -_-
    Doubt it's gonna work. From personal experience, those that hunt FB runs, are only doing it for the exp reward, and are too busy to help with anything else.
    And that needs to change. :P The "hey we're a pro team we'll do it in 5 minutes" teams that quickly turn into the "thanks for the exp, now quit bugging us" teams are complete trash and I refuse to let them do any of my FBs. A good FB team is willing to help the tabber with things beyond just the bosses they have tabs for... within reason. Obviously if the tabber asks for half a dozen bosses, there's a problem. But one? I don't see why not.

On a side note, a good FB team shouldn't always be concerned with efficiency. If they're that desparate for fast exp, they will gleefully ignore the tabber's wish to... y'know, actually participate and feel useful. When I ask for an fb team, I let them know beforehand that I intend to attack and if I die, then I die.
    OP wrote:
    I'm on LC... :(
    And what's your level? If you're pretty low leveled I'd suggest moving to a PvE server... probably more people willing to help there, since we're always described as "carebears." XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling upset about this but seriously, why is it so hard to find a nice group of people to help with boss kills? Especially people who are guildless and do not wish to be part of the drama that guilds hafta experience. I've tried shouting in Archosaur and even in small towns where high leveled people are supposed to be around for bosses; e.g, Slither, Mantavip. BUT no responses at all D:
    So I see this is actually just a community for warfare and FBs(beneficial cus u get exp n stuff) and some people even wanted money for them to help you(which is so ridiculous) but not a little help for people like me?b:sad It's depressing because you especially get loads of elite boss killing quests at level 40-70- i dunno what goes on but seriously, since you peeps are so high leveled why not spare a little helping hand? -_-

Anytime I am around certain areas such as "Charr, Yansheng, Farng, or Krixxix" I always ask if anyone needs to kill them and help out all I can until everyone in the area confirms that they have it complete. As for you having trouble finding good people. Most likely due to the countless people and growing amount of those looking to make the fastest buck for reasons I myself will never understand. I am currently a level 50 venomancer who has never bought anything from the boutique. Never had a need for gold charms either. Nor the overpriced mounts that everyone scrambles to get. I help out whenever possible. If i am using my veno and see someone needing ressurrected, most of the time i'll even switch to my cleric long enough to help out with that too. Helpful players are out there. You just have to find us and keep track of us once you do.
  • d0pey
    edited April 2009
    swgs wrote: »
    It is not, if he only posted a one online mesage saying he is guildless and need help to kill bosses. I will do all of them for him. But I am not the one WILLING to help. so I am sure he does not want my help.

So that means your willing or unwilling to help? Cuz your being ironic on your point.

Already as I've posted in my previous reply, only if that person is free+willing without whining about pots, charms, time, whatever ya know; I'll be grateful to accept his help if he agrees to. And if otherwise then I'll rather not. Cuz if your actually paying for someone to do this it's not really a 'help' anymore isn't it? It's more like a transaction cuz it's like; oh, I'm paying you, so you should supposedly kill these for me. End of story. And 'help' was what I was talking about, not this.
    This, OP. Do this. If the boss you need isn't critical (i.e. required for Spirit Cultivation), just wait. Wait and watch WC closely for a squad with free spots doing bosses. It happens more often than you'd think, at least on HT.

If you're sending out your own WCs asking for help, don't use them all in the same 10-minute spam. Use one, maybe two, within a period of the same couple hours. This maximizes the number of people who will see it.

And what's your level? If you're pretty low leveled I'd suggest moving to a PvE server... probably more people willing to help there, since we're always described as "carebears." XD

Thanks dude but I'd personally prefer LC right now though it's quite annoying at times. And I'm over 60 so that suggestion is definitely out. I don't spam WC, at all. In fact I hardly use WC, unless I need to sell off something fast. And spamming is definitely not my way, as I've mentioned that I personally hated annoying repetitive msgs.

Well I see after this while only 2 options seemingly gonna be helpful to me from you guys for me to finish off the bosses are:

- Join a guild.
    - Keep waiting.

Hard to decide but I willb:angry
    To act is to live.
  • Huyidao - Heavens Tear
    Huyidao - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I understand your point on not paying people for anything. I think it is reasonable on your side to not pay for teleporting or pots, but that implies the helpers are not breaking even and instead they are losing money by helping a stranger.

As rsin suggested, there are many people who are willing to help, for free, when they are nearby. However, that means there is a small chance that the right levels will be near Krimson, Kong, or many of the Misfortune bosses. I cannot rationalize why would a group of high levels travel from Whetstone to Misfortune just to help a stranger on Slither. For most people, that simply takes too much time.

On the other hand, people in the right guilds (or have a good friend-list) will be able to find guildies to travel far and help for free. I can think of 2 main reasons. (1) They have interacted with each others, so friends will do favors for friends. (2) Helpers know that they can count on the people they help to return the favor when they need it. People in my guild have asked to take level 50 veno, cleric, and dd's into TT runs and quest bosses because they needed the extra hand. Even though the work is above their levels, most of them gladly contribute because they are friends. For a stranger, though, (1) and (2) do not apply, so the situation is win/lose. My guildies have helped strangers on bosses before and a third of them go AFK while the other 2/3 are nice but we will never see them again. As such, it is difficult to justify helping unless the helpers are close in the area such that they will not lose much.

And for the OP, option 3 is to have a good friend list.
    Sagacious Guild - Heaven's Tear
    Forums: z3.invisionfree.com/Sagacious/index.php?act=idx
  • swgs
    edited April 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    Anytime I am around certain areas such as "Charr, Yansheng, Farng, or Krixxix" I always ask if anyone needs to kill them and help out all I can until everyone in the area confirms that they have it complete. As for you having trouble finding good people. Most likely due to the countless people and growing amount of those looking to make the fastest buck for reasons I myself will never understand. I am currently a level 50 venomancer who has never bought anything from the boutique. Never had a need for gold charms either. Nor the overpriced mounts that everyone scrambles to get. I help out whenever possible. If i am using my veno and see someone needing ressurrected, most of the time i'll even switch to my cleric long enough to help out with that too. Helpful players are out there. You just have to find us and keep track of us once you do.

I actually stop by kong, quiling, gouf and other boss spots to see if any one need help once or twice a week when I fly by. because I still remember the day I wait on the big rock near jew for 3 hours, finally find a group have a open spot. I was guildless that time of course. what so strange is I always see people wait here when I was around level 60. but hardly see any people wait for group around boss spot any more.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is part of why I HATE Boss Kill quests and refuse to do them when not required for Spiritual Cult or the like until I can solo their sorry rears.

You get told to go out and kill a LOT of very powerful bosses which are insanely powerful for your level alone but killing them is not very rewarding for you and completely worthless for anyone who would help you unless they too need to complete that quest. (Even then it can be very hard for someone on the level of the Quest to kill them even with a team unless they are very very well oiled and stocked up with the right pots and gear) (I also love how the NPC's claim you did it all on your own sometimes...oooh yeeeah...like THAT happened)

The reason they do not help you is because while these quests seem to assume you can pull a Tank and Healer who are lvl 70+ out of your pocket on command they do not reward those two players at ALL. What do they get? A warm fuzzy feeling that they helped you...yeah...that is about it...And maybe the need to buy a new Charm or more pots...At least the FB's give them a reason to help you and while some may agrue that the higher level folks should do it out of the kindness of their heart the honest truth is that these quests are unfair to them as well as to the person they are given to.

However, there is good news for you. You do NOT have to do most of these guys so just ignore them until you can crush them by yourself if you are not getting help.