Options
2»

Comments

• bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    xephonics1 wrote: »
    I used to play PW on the cubizone version (Filipino i think), and I had quite a bit of fun, then when this one started it kinda died out (the English speakers left is what I mean).

I was thinking about starting this version with my wife, but I had read of a horrid CS imbalance for the Venos. The Herc & Phoenix pets seemed horridly overpowered, and no other classes seemed to have anything nearly on par with them from the CS.

Is this still the case? If so there is no reason to play a game with a single class god mode for CS happy kids. I don't mind CS being OP'd, but I dont see the point in making it OP'd for just one class.

This is strange....my Filipino colleague plays the Filipino version and he told me there was a Hercules (and I'm pretty sure Phoenix too) on that server although they were called different names. I'll try to check and verify that.

When did you stop playing that version? b:puzzled
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • xephonics1
    xephonics1 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hrmmm..... summer of last year i think...
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Mwahaha time to add my agreement, people are idiots, venos are far from overpowered, if any single class is overpowered thanks to things in the cash shop its BMs. A proper axe BM can solo AoE 15+ mobs at once easily. At 65 my BM was solo AoEing about 5-10 seaweed thieves thanks to charms and pots.
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hrmmm..... summer of last year i think...

I can't get hold of my friend to check when it was introduced, but I've checked the PW Philippines website and they have the Phoenix and Titan pets. The Titan I believe is the Hercules.

• xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Mwahaha time to add my agreement, people are idiots, venos are far from overpowered, if any single class is overpowered thanks to things in the cash shop its BMs. A proper axe BM can solo AoE 15+ mobs at once easily. At 65 my BM was solo AoEing about 5-10 seaweed thieves thanks to charms and pots.

How do CS items make a BM op'd? You mean hieros (the hp/mp heal things that auto heal yah)?
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I used to play PW on the cubizone version (Filipino i think), and I had quite a bit of fun, then when this one started it kinda died out (the English speakers left is what I mean).

I was thinking about starting this version with my wife, but I had read of a horrid CS imbalance for the Venos. The Herc & Phoenix pets seemed horridly overpowered, and no other classes seemed to have anything nearly on par with them from the CS.

Is this still the case? If so there is no reason to play a game with a single class god mode for CS happy kids. I don't mind CS being OP'd, but I dont see the point in making it OP'd for just one class.

If you want to play this game for free and yet want to be able to solo the whole TT without investing in CS. I can tell you now that it is not going to happen. It has been all along in CN the last 3 years. You better off go play PC game.

Not forgetting It is the same CS happy kid you dislike about to help finance this game so you can play for free.

Beside, if you have done a little bit of research, Veno can only solo certain boss in TT but not all. Veno can not solo bosses in frost cover city, lunar city and rebirth order which mats use for higher end gear. You need a good group in those dungeons.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You may be a guy but you act like a ***** on her period.

And I did not see any topics lately about it, so I asked. Sorry, I forgot this was not a discussion forum, just a place for jackass kids to flame questions.

If you have done your research well you wouldn’t be asking this question.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes, venos still have the game handed to them on a platinum platter, but it's not all that bad. Phoenixs are annoying sure, but at the same time having a veno with a herc or phoenixs in your guild can be very beneficial. As long as you're a team player you will benefit from having a herc close to you. Phoenixs are only annoying when I'm not buffed :3
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    oh no its the venos, everyone cry out loud! b:cry
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    oh no its the venos, everyone cry out loud! b:cry

And they're coming with their phoenixes!!! b:shocked RUuuuuuuuuuuuNNNNN!!! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    veno = game on easy mode
    barb = game on normal
    archer = game on pwnage >.>
    cleric = loved
    wiz = game on hard
    bm = cash shop hoes >_>

other classes have some hard levels but venos... not really...
    i personally think playing veno is just stupid cuz its so easy
  • xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I never said I was against CS use, hell I spent $200 a month for about 6-8 months on the other version. I just did not like the sound of one class having a massively OP'd Cs item, and none of the other classes having one. But it seems that is not the case so I'm fine.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

i personally think playing veno is just stupid cuz its so easy

o my your awesome. Maybe some people just like pets? but thats stupid of them. Those idiots!
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Mmm pwnage mode...so sexy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    other classes have some hard levels but venos... not really...i personally think playing veno is just stupid cuz its so easy

You are just another veno hater.

Stupid are you if you think any class is hard to play n this game.

The only real advantage that venos have is that they are able, in most circumstances, to play longer periods of times without having to rest for HP or Mana, and perhaps defeat a few minor boss mobs solo mode.

With the use of charms, however, other classes are able to accomplish those same feats.

So that if you're saying that you are able to level faster from level 1-60 as a veno, simply because you don't have to rest as often, and may be able to solo some of the minor boss mobs, then that would be right.

You are wrong, however, if you think you are playing a harder class simply because you have to rest more often than a veno, and may not be able to solor a few of the minor boss mobs.

Resting, and the inability to defeat a few minor boss mobs, does not make the other classes harder. It simply means that they have to rest more often and perhaps get friends to help out with a minor boss mob every once in a while.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking that you are some type of genius, or bad ****, because you are playing a class other than a veno.

You're not.

Get over your self.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You are just another veno hater.

Stupid are you if you think any class is hard to play n this game.

The only real advantage that venos have is that they are able, in most circumstances, to play longer periods of times without having to rest for HP or Mana, and perhaps defeat a few minor boss mobs solo mode.

With the use of charms, however, other classes are able to accomplish those same feats.

So that if you're saying that you are able to level faster from level 1-60 as a veno, simply because you don't have to rest as often, and may be able to solo some of the minor boss mobs, then that would be right.

You are wrong, however, if you think you are playing a harder class simply because you have to rest more often than a veno, and may not be able to solor a few of the minor boss mobs.

Resting, and the inability to defeat a few minor boss mobs, does not make the other classes harder. It simply means that they have to rest more often and perhaps get friends to help out with a minor boss mob every once in a while.

Stop deluding yourself into thinking that you are some type of genius, or bad ****, because you are playing a class other than a veno.

You're not.

Get over your self.

Long paragraphs....

Simple straight, and to the point:

TT Squad Mode being Solo'ed is impossible for any class besides a Veno with Hercules.

TT Solo mode - yes a Veno should be able to do that.

TT Squad Mode - well... they are soloing squad mode....

Aside from the squad mode being solo'ed by Veno's and the Pheonix's bugged skill I have no quarrel with a Veno.

(By the way squad mode was said a total of 4 times, if you say it was meant to be solo'ed... Well then you have some problems)
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Long paragraphs....

Simple straight, and to the point:

TT Squad Mode being Solo'ed is impossible for any class besides a Veno with Hercules.

TT Solo mode - yes a Veno should be able to do that.

TT Squad Mode - well... they are soloing squad mode....

Aside from the squad mode being solo'ed by Veno's and the Pheonix's bugged skill I have no quarrel with a Veno.

(By the way squad mode was said a total of 4 times, if you say it was meant to be solo'ed... Well then you have some problems)

I remember someone posting that their friends were soloing those modes with BM or a Barb at level 80ish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Venos will nvr admit OP unless they r objective. I have played venos and now play another class...I can admit venos r OP relative to other classes. And so can some of my frds who have tried out other classes.

BUT this h8 talk is non-productive - the winds will change to another class if PWI tweaks any classes. Then more QQ. Just live with it. b:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    funny-pictures-cat-does-not-like-be.jpg
  • bzbee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yes, venos still have the game handed to them on a platinum platter, but it's not all that bad. Phoenixs are annoying sure, but at the same time having a veno with a herc or phoenixs in your guild can be very beneficial. As long as you're a team player you will benefit from having a herc close to you. Phoenixs are only annoying when I'm not buffed :3

At the end of the day, most non-venoes hate venoes BUT will not hesitate to use them if they have the need.

I think that about sums up the general attitude of the veno haters. b:kiss

• Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Im playin a veno. IM NOT op. If my pet dies, im screwed, ill probably die.
    Veno was anyways meant to solo.
    Venos after lvl 60 DONT LVL fast! It takes ages.
    Veno cant zen or aoe grind.
    Do you complain about bm aoe grinding? They can kill like 5 mobs at the same time! THATS NOT FAIR! Cleric can purify posion, I CANT.

OMG CLERICS ARE OVERPOWERED!!!

Its true that venos can solo HH, but do you realise how much time it takes? Takes time.
    A bm with a scroll get huge amounts of Xp, a veno dont. Even if a full squad still dont get the same ammount of xp.

Im a lvl 76 clerics from LC. THE ONLY thing i need to spend money on when aoe grindign with a bm is the scroll of xp. I dont even need pots, double spark and buff do the rest. im always at 50% of my mana pool.
    Venos DO have more money, thats true. HOW much takes to grind a Herc/Nix? Like 45m, do you think thats fair?
    Lets say YOU DONT HAVE legendary pets. Skills 200k upgrade, 4 upgrade 800k EACH skill, considering the pet has already lvl 1 of that skills.
    ONE skill from lvl 1 to 5 800k. And you also have to pay to forget that skill.

The only thing is op is the bleed, Im veno 68 too and is true, thats OP.

But venos slow the levelling rate in the higher levels. EVERY class can do some zen or aoe grind, venos are not welcome there almost never.

So what you call op is actually a balance in the end stages. Maybe your narrow view cannot forseen that, but in the end everything is balanced.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    funny-pictures-cat-wonders-why-he-h.jpg
  • OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No for venos no imbalence because they get good stuff from good money, just like aps and packsb:laugh Lol I have a phoenix in PK it is great to killb:victory
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.