Still a CS imbalance for Venos?

xephonics1
xephonics1 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I used to play PW on the cubizone version (Filipino i think), and I had quite a bit of fun, then when this one started it kinda died out (the English speakers left is what I mean).

I was thinking about starting this version with my wife, but I had read of a horrid CS imbalance for the Venos. The Herc & Phoenix pets seemed horridly overpowered, and no other classes seemed to have anything nearly on par with them from the CS.

Is this still the case? If so there is no reason to play a game with a single class god mode for CS happy kids. I don't mind CS being OP'd, but I dont see the point in making it OP'd for just one class.
Post edited by xephonics1 on

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xephonics1 wrote: »
    I used to play PW on the cubizone version (Filipino i think), and I had quite a bit of fun, then when this one started it kinda died out (the English speakers left is what I mean).

I was thinking about starting this version with my wife, but I had read of a horrid CS imbalance for the Venos. The Herc & Phoenix pets seemed horridly overpowered, and no other classes seemed to have anything nearly on par with them from the CS.

Is this still the case? If so there is no reason to play a game with a single class god mode for CS happy kids. I don't mind CS being OP'd, but I dont see the point in making it OP'd for just one class.
    Nothing has changed and nothing will change. Veno's are not "god' mode. Your an idiot. Go away don't come back.

~S

*edit* I get so sick of the Veno hate and the small group of players that make and delete characters just to continue spewing it anonymously. Don't like it, don't play the class and go about your business and stfu already.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    just play and dont read the QQs

Herc and Nix arent that OP'd

they have there advantages and disadvantages.

Herc isn really helpfull in PK mode.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How'd I know that was going to get posted? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How'd I know that was going to get posted? b:puzzled

Because every topic is almost 100% predictable on these forums?>.>
  • xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    So being the only class to be able to consistently solo TT's (i think that is still the abbreviation) is not OP'd? Ahh, and I thought it was, sorry.

I mean in the other version venos were still about the only ones who could solo, but now they seemed to have made an easy button if you have the cash. So I really don't see why the other classes should not have it the same way. I don't mean nerf venos, I more mean buff others.

I understand venos still need a slight edge, since if it is the same way here, they had hard times getting teams later, since they did not really have the needed aoe's to get a decent team.
    edited April 2009
    So being the only class to be able to consistently solo TT's (i think that is still the abbreviation) is not OP'd? Ahh, and I thought it was, sorry.

Oh noes, someone can solo something. b:shocked

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD RUNNNNNNN!!!!11!11!!1!1!!11!11 b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Funny that, I have a BM friend that solos the same TT runs I do, and a Barb friend who does the same, doesn't seem like we are the only class to solo TT.

This argument sounds very familiar to me. It's been beaten to death 1000 times.

I'll continue to solo my TT runs and get insanely rich off the **** poor drop rate that is consistent in solo mode runs (that's sarcasm son, sarcasm I say.. boy is as thick as a wall.) while everyone else whines and complains and QQ's about it.

Don't like it, too flaming bad. The game is what it is and complaining about how it's been designed by the developers is like pissing in the wind, it only makes you wet and smelly.

~S
  • xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    I'm all for solo being an option, but to make it so only one class can solo at one of the best places seems a bit odd.

And seriously get over yourself, and quit calling me son dumbass. I was just asking a question if it had been changed or not and you got on my case. Take your aggression out ingame, or wait to post till you stop menstruating.

Did not think the English version would be worse asshats than the Filipino version, guess that was wrong.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I'm all for solo being an option, but to make it so only one class can solo at one of the best places seems a bit odd.

my answer...
    Funny that, I have a BM friend that solos the same TT runs I do, and a Barb friend who does the same, doesn't seem like we are the only class to solo TT.

Have a nice day.

~S
  • xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    Thats why I asked the question, and instead of answering it the first time you started bitching at me. In the other version Veno's where about the only ones who could solo. And here they added seemingly OP'd pets.

So I asked it it was still bad, and I get cussed out, instead of being told the truth. Jesus ****ing christ, calm the hell down.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    And seriously get over yourself, and quit calling me son dumbass. I was just asking a question if it had been changed or not and you got on my case. Take your aggression out ingame, or wait to post till you stop menstruating.

Sure thing Sonny Boy. Maybe i'm aggressive because *gasps* this same topic gets beat to death over and over and over and over and over and over (getting the picture here?) and over and over and over and over and over (not even close to reaching the end) and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (yes this is a pita to type out but are you starting to see my point yet?) and over and over and over and over and over until I have given up bothering to be nice to idiots (and yes, your an idiot.. so am I, we are all idiots, so no I am not singling you out) that post about it.

Oh and by the way. I'm a guy. Go earn your redwings before flapping yer yap to me about menstruation.

~S
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oh boy not another one of these, seriously will they ever end?

The CS pets for venos are certainly not overpowered. I don't have one and don't intend to for some time so I'm not biased on that part. I don't see how you can thing these make venos 'god modders.' A veno needs a strong pet to survive. These extremely expensive pets just help ensure a veno lives. Not only that other players in squad benefit from the CS pets as well.

This isn't an imbalance at all, just a nice pet for venos to have to give them more security and an added helper in squad.

About the TT, as Saitada said, there are plenty of people that aren't venos that can solo the TT for mats. The CS pets don't have much to do with TT anyways. I have a good old magmite and I can solo my TT easily.

These pets are here to stay and certainly don't give venos a 'god mode' advantage. I'm sure if you play for a while you'll get used to it anyways. A lot of people here are nice. *lol* As you can see. If it still bothers you that much then this isn't the version for you.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    You may be a guy but you act like a ***** on her period.

And I did not see any topics lately about it, so I asked. Sorry, I forgot this was not a discussion forum, just a place for jackass kids to flame questions.
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Beaten-to-death topic plus flamebait like 'single class god mode for CS happy kids'. What did you expect?

3-2-1-lock
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    You may be a guy but you act like a ***** on her period.

And I did not see any topics lately about it, so I asked. Sorry, I forgot this was not a discussion forum, just a place for jackass kids to flame questions.
    roflmao. Ok I apologize for jumping your case. But when you see threads like that so many times it starts wearing thin. I'm also 44, far from a kid. And it's 7am here, haven't had any coffee and i'm sorry to say you caught the edge of my morning grumpiness.

How about we start over and i'll say this.

Veno's still have the Hercules and Phoenix pets, I have both, I don't think they are over powered but I do think they are very strong. Many people can solo TT runs, I have several non-veno friends who do so and they make much better cash at it than I do (lately my drop rate has tanked real bad and i've been losing money instead of making it in TT runs).

The game is still fairly decently balanced, a few issues here and there that new expansions may be able to fix. It looks good to me overall and i'm an old hand at gaming (been doing MMO's since Everquest was still in closed beta).

Try it out, it never hurts to have a bit of fun.

~S
  • xephonics1
    edited April 2009
    Better reply :P

Sorry, I am a bit jumpy here as well, sick with strep and hungry.

I might give it a try again, but only if it works on the wife's laptop as well, since we only play games we both can play.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    did i miss the part where soloing squad mode and solo mode are the same?
    edited April 2009
    (that's sarcasm son, sarcasm I say.. boy is as thick as a wall.)

OMG

It's Foghorn!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    did i miss the part where soloing squad mode and solo mode are the same?
    I don't solo squad mode. Not even 1-2 squad as Lord of Percussion is simply evil and my herc and I can't tank it 'yet' (maybe can now since I last tried, but solo mode is easier and i'm lazy).

My Barb and BM friends do solo squad mode though, and they do pretty well at it. Granted, they are 5 levels or so higher than me (80ish) and use charms. They still DO solo squad mode though, so it's not 'just' venos who can do it, we are just able to do so a little earlier than others.

~S

*edit* and yes, they ARE insane.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    OMG

It's Foghorn!
    lol yeah, I read that and hear his voice saying it lol.

~S
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *edit* I get so sick of the Veno hate and the small group of players that make and delete characters just to continue spewing it anonymously. Don't like it, don't play the class and go about your business and stfu already.
    This is my view also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is my view also.
    My view as well ~ so why don't all you Trolls, Flamers, and Veno-haters just STFU and get out of the Forum and.....Oh, here's a thought....GO PLAY THE GAME........HAVE FUN............or is that just way too easy?

You might ask yourselves this: "Why you are here? Why do a select few of you keep coming into the Forums and attacking Venos? Is it jealousy, aka: "Veno-envy?
    Do you have nothing better to do with your time?"

You're like children hassling over who has the most toys. Get over it! Go outside and play; your Mom will call you when it's time to eat............lol ~

Oh yeah and remember: "Have a nice life" ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My view as well ~ so why don't all you Trolls, Flamers, and Veno-haters just STFU and get out of the Forum and.....Oh, here's a thought....GO PLAY THE GAME........HAVE FUN............or is that just way too easy?

You might ask yourselves this: "Why you are here? Why do a select few of you keep coming into the Forums and attacking Venos? Is it jealousy, aka: "Veno-envy?
    Do you have nothing better to do with your time?"

You're like children hassling over who has the most toys. Get over it! Go outside and play; your Mom will call you when it's time to eat............lol ~

Oh yeah and remember: "Have a nice life" ~

Well you might want to take your own advice...
    just STFU and get out of the Forum and.....Oh, here's a thought....GO PLAY THE GAME........HAVE FUN............or is that just way too easy?

If Veno's arent over-powered then there is no need to aggressively defend it.

The fact that you are... Only proves that they are...
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009

If everyone were only allowed to make one post on the topic, then you'd be right. But a handful of people keep posting over and over that venos are overpowered, making it seem like a lot of people think this is the case. So a lot of venos end up getting ticked off and countering those arguments.

FWIW, the vast majority of the venos I know don't have a herc, don't have a phoenix, are broke, and aren't particularly sought after for Zhen/TT/FB groups.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't solo squad mode. Not even 1-2 squad as Lord of Percussion is simply evil and my herc and I can't tank it 'yet' (maybe can now since I last tried, but solo mode is easier and i'm lazy).

My Barb and BM friends do solo squad mode though, and they do pretty well at it. Granted, they are 5 levels or so higher than me (80ish) and use charms. They still DO solo squad mode though, so it's not 'just' venos who can do it, we are just able to do so a little earlier than others.

~S

*edit* and yes, they ARE insane.

lvl 80 BM and barb soloing TT squad mode? THATS ****ING BULL****!

No seriously, I doubt that's true. The amount of charm and pots they would go through is not worth it. O_o
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

No seriously, I doubt that's true. The amount of charm and pots they would go through is not worth it. O_o
    I said 80ish, I don't know what level they started doing it. I KNOW they are doing it because i've tagged along as backup dps and watched them do it. Granted they did NOT do Lord of Percussion. I honestly don't think a lvl 90 can tank him solo. but other bosses yes.

~S
  • Kamarile - Dreamweaver
    Kamarile - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well you might want to take your own advice...

<sarcasm>
    If Iraq don't have weapons for mass destruction, they won't deny it. Therefore they have, QED. Let's nuke them.

Oh, I like your "logic".
    </sarcasm>
    edited April 2009

Have you ever tried to solo TT squad mode with a level 80 barb or bm using charms/pots etc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @xephonics1

Just come play the game.; and up beyond lv70

you will see the game real differently.

MOst classes come to definitve template around 75.

Sure venos can up real fast till 60; sure they can solo SOME bosses from TTs in squad mode (dont even think about LoP, SoulBanisher, Wurlord ... ) but they play most of the time ALONE, when was the last time I saw a veno being part of a Zhen party ??,

Have you seen a 75+ BM xp solo on AOE spots?

before complaining or asking about half truths, come play and gain a decent level. You ll see the game differently.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    @xephonics1

Just come play the game.; and up beyond lv70

you will see the game real differently.

MOst classes come to definitve template around 75.

Sure venos can up real fast till 60; sure they can solo SOME bosses from TTs in squad mode (dont even think about LoP, SoulBanisher, Wurlord ... ) but they play most of the time ALONE, when was the last time I saw a veno being part of a Zhen party ??,

Have you seen a 75+ BM xp solo on AOE spots?

before complaining or asking about half truths, come play and gain a decent level. You ll see the game differently.

And remember. Have FUN. Otherwise whats the point of playing a game ay?

~S
This discussion has been closed.