Why did you choose your name??

Options

Comments

• Dest - Harshlands
    Dest - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's from my FFXI character, Destined. I had all sorts of jokes for the name, like when I was broke in game I was dest-i-tute. My archer, Artemisina is from Artemis, goddess of the hunt.
  • Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands
    Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    my name is ifrit cuz he is my favorite summon, aeon and monster on FF ever !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] u people make me stupid
  • Aquarian - Lost City
    Aquarian - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    'Aquarian' is the adjective form of 'aquarius'-i'm way into astrology and 'Aquarian' sounded more like a name...
    I kinda hoped someone would get the astrological reference but no one has lol! I've gotten a few comements about how kul the color aqua is tho b:chuckle
    oh well, that works 2! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:cool Im so awsome they named a poleaxe after me XD
  • Kiittyara - Sanctuary
    Kiittyara - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I wanted to name my character after one of the characters from the dragonlance books and i ended up making a kitty veno sooo kitiara+kitty veno=kittyara. and then there's an extra i 'cause i made a typo -.-
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bridget was taken. So I thought of Bridget Fonda (an actress) and took BridgetF.
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Got mine from World of Warcraft for the brief period I played it.
    Aedus = Gaelic name meaning fire, or something. Being a fire mage etc. seemed to fit, and just stuck with it.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    friend did... she was drunk...
  • Shigemitze - Heavens Tear
    Shigemitze - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Made it up while I was in the army...Means nothing, but sounds great (at least to me b:victory ) I found out later that there was a general named Shigemitsu... b:shocked
    Words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
    The lives we make never seem to ever get us anywhere but dead...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Semyezza b:victory
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    <--Soooo uncreative D;

Fed = a nickname in RL
    xP = a smiley!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
  • Garnetstorm - Harshlands
    Garnetstorm - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Garnet is my birthstone and Storm is 'cuz I knew I was going to be an archer so named it after the lightning and thunder shots that look stormy. xD
  • The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Its an Issac Asimov character from the foundation series, I originally set it up as a holding or mule character so thought the name was apt.
  • Yaiko - Sanctuary
    Yaiko - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I choose my name because it's my Japanese name :D
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmm MikeL was an accident lol, I came up with it when i first started Zelda:Ocarina of Time, i wanted to type Mike wich is my real name but I accidently pushed L at the end, dunno why but I fell in love with it, i find it cool in a way. Now "MikeL" is a must in all of my nicknames and surprisingly enough it was taken only a couple of times in all the years I use nicknames :P
    Now for the Oru part.. it's actually coming from Vivi Orunitia, a young black mage from Final Fantasy 9, one of my fav chars in a game/anime after Sephiroth, I left it on "Oru" because it leaves a sense of mystery - or I'm just thinking too much :P

My "official" nickname is .†.MikeL.†. but I can't add those crosses in the game, they appear as squares -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chowy - Lost City
    Chowy - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's my last name with a Y at the end

Also rhymes with "Owwie!"
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Requeil - People used to call me 'Reqie' a long time ago, so I thought I 'french-it-up' a little, and there we go.

And the PW character is based on one of my characters from my Kingdom Hearts Fanfiction :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It was late at night and I was giggling about the fact that there were catgirls on this game because I have a cat and I love him to death. So I was joking to my husband that I was going to make Cobra, which is the name of our cat. And that is what I did. Yanjing means Cobra in Chinese.
    yay
  • Qingting - Lost City
    Qingting - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Because I like dragonflies. Qingting is dragonfly in CHinese and I'm chinese...And it sounds funny
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    uhh.. it's the name i use for all of the mmorpg's i play..
  • Darach - Dreamweaver
    Darach - Dreamweaver Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm bored.. i think i'll ramble a bit. I chose my name for the meaning. Name meanings are important and help define who the character is. Darach means Black Oak. I chose it because Pandas are Black and White. I have a good and bad side, black being the darker and stronger of the two. He's also a tank and Oaks are a strong and dependable tree. That's what I hope to be, strong and dependable. That's where my name came from ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Revolt:intransitive verb1: to renounce allegiance or subjection (as to a government)

Revolte = Revolt in french, french is my favorite languageb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My real nickname is Sao Muel (the "a" have a tilde). I've writed Saomuel because PW restrict nicks ingame.

I'ts a little pun with my real name. Only works in portuguese: "Sao" is like a prefix people uses to saints. For example, "Sao Paulo" means "Saint Paul" here in Brazil.

I'm not catholic, but I've made this nickname cause I like the support role in MMOs, and usually these are "religious" classes (like Priests, Clerics and stuff). When I've played in brazilian MMO servers it was funny, but in a english server it looks kind of silly. But I won't leave this behind anyway xD
  • Aelitaz - Heavens Tear
    Aelitaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well...Aelitaz comes from Aelita, Aelita sounds so sweet...and that 'z' at the end...most of ppl hate that z...well...there is 2 reasons, why there is 'z' at the endb:surrender:
    1.the name Aelita was taken >.<
    2.I wanted to be a little bit original...and I think, that Aelitaz sounds angelicb:shy, but I don't know, what u think about it...
    "Kun min
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Because it's powerful and epic, like me! b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Infrite - Sanctuary
    Infrite - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    my friend picked it... i wouldve picked somehing dark and sinister for an archer like wicked/slick/wind/resolve :(
    ---Infrite---
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Estasi means ecstasy in Italian. My faction members shorten it to Est or just E. It works and I think it gives an air of mystery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    People on PWI have all these names that "roll of your toungue" and sound cool. But names that are supposed to sound cool either sound cool, or are just weird (weird in a bad way)
    I think its because you can't put numbers in names =/
    I just sat there, while my character was all created except for the name, thinking of a name.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • PinkEvil - Dreamweaver
    PinkEvil - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    PinkEvil its a stupid name first, my chracter as evrithing blue (not the body) and second OMG...

Because my girl was the pink color (hair, lips and such) and now its blue...
    Is there any way to change the name?
  • XAnonymousx - Heavens Tear
    XAnonymousx - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    bcause i like being anonymous b:victory
  • Dyncy - Sanctuary
    Dyncy - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    cuz if u mix 2 of the letters around, you get my name. (and replace a 'y' w/ an 'i' but it doesn't make a huge difference)

btw, all my characters are named around the lines of 'Dyncy' or 'Dincy' or 'Dynci' or 'Dinci' or.... you get the idea.
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I probably mentionned why already in this topic. I'm just too lazy to check the previous pages so i will re-post it.

Archvile - Basically this is the name of a creature from a FPS game from the 90's called Doom which is my favorite game and the arch-vile is just my favorite monster.

archvile-doom-3.jpg

^ That would be an arch-vile. ;o
This discussion has been closed.