lack of spirit?

_abby - Sanctuary
_abby - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
i've been struggleing to keep even the basic skills i use up to date and i've been avoiding leveling just to catch up on skills -.-

my suggestion is simple
either increase the spirit per kill
allow people to sell/trade there own spirit for another person
set up an npc that lets u convert xp to spirit at a ratio of like 1000xp to 1 spirit or something like that

i think the first of the 3 is easiest since its just some changes in the code if im not mistaken (if im wrong please tell me)
if we can trade/sell spirit then those 70+ with like 9mil spirit could get rid of some of it lol

on a side note i hae a second suggestion
i wanna be able to turn off my charms i got equipt its so annoying burning 100k from intentional deaths to lose xp so i can gain more spirit
dont laugh i hate being behind on skills and i will do what i gotta to stay up
im the master of oddities b:laugh and leader of sanity b:chuckle if u got a problem tell me to my face or keep your issues to yourself b:cool
Post edited by _abby - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Chalkara - Lost City
    Chalkara - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i dont think there is anything wrong with the sprit levels, i currently have 2mill sprit, and ive always been short on coins not sprit points
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I never have a problem with Coin but I do with Spirit. Quests except Spiritual Cult and Daily give pathetic Spirit and monster kills give horrible Spirit. Mind you they give horrible EXP later as well compared to what you need but why bother making it harder to upgrade your skills so that they can be up where you need them for your level? Is it not bad enough that I am asked to kill boss after boss after boss that I need a lvl 70+ or group of lvl 60+ to take care of as if they were my personal servants? On top of it I have to work my tail off to upgrade my main-line combat skills without having even splurged into anything extra?
  • Savabane - Heavens Tear
    Savabane - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I also find that Spirit is a problem. I have plenty of coin to buy my skills especially if I grind a bit but Spirit comes very slow even while ignoring some of my skills I still cannot buy up the base ones as they become available.
  • Himntor - Lost City
    Himntor - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've had trouble with keeping up in SP lately also. i have like 6~8 SKills to get and i don't even have enough for 2. A good Thing would be an NPC who u can Buy SP From. Coin for SP. I always have neough coin but not SP. (Its mostly the Clerics that are stuck with low SP)
  • Aikuna - Dreamweaver
    Aikuna - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree that we should be able to buy spirit for coins from an NPC or something. I too run on a lack of spirit points to get all the skills I need.
  • _abby - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    buying spirit from npc's i don't like it too much that way
    maybe an exp lock system so we can gather spirit if we need to
    also to keep up with skills u need to only do 2 or 3 skills max but most want all skills so they are stronger then just a paperweight (kinda like my cleric lol)
    im the master of oddities b:laugh and leader of sanity b:chuckle if u got a problem tell me to my face or keep your issues to yourself b:cool
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I like the idea of selling spirit from PCs, like in a cat-shop or trade, though I think it would be most logical if we could convert our spirit into items, like a gem of some kind, that could then be sold and converted back by another. Go to an NPC to do so.

I also like the idea of an XP lock.

Lastly, something like the Daily Quests, but more spirit-centered than XP centered would also be nice.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    They are all fine suggestions and I would support any of them, but you will find that spirit stops being a problem once you hit level 60+. For the moment you will want to simply put your spells in an order of preference and get whichever ones you can afford. If you only get enough spirit for your top 5 choices then those will be the only ones you raise until those skills max out and new ones become your top 5. Getting to level 60 is actually a pretty reasonable task and once you get there you will find that there is plenty of spirit and no good skills. I find I usually just wait until I get 1 million or more spirit and just pick a skill (that I will rarely if ever use) and crank it up to max. All the skills I want are already capped and everything else just seems like junk. But I do remember what it was like to be in the level 20 to 60 range so I know what you are going through. I just wanted to let you know that it will not be like that for long. Things get a lot better (if having no good skills to spend your spirit on is better). b:chuckle
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think the lack of spirit makes it more challenging :P During the lvls 29 to 45, I really had to focus on the main skills and the pages of learnable skills just exploded.
    Erethizon sais it lasts to lvl 60, but right now (lvl57) I'm already starting to slowly reduce the pages at the trainer. My first skills were maxed out between 50 and 55, and I have a bit more spirit on each lvl (first it was 1 skill a lvl, now it's +/- 3 skills each 2lvls).

I know it can be frustrating at times, but the lack of spirit is quite challenging. This is what makes you focus on 1 specific build.
  • _abby - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    im the kinda person that loves variety and that was the basis for my veno build which uses both fox and normal skills and its just a pain in the butt keeping up with everything
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    At higher levels you will find you have a surplus of spirit. Just because a skill is available for upgrading doesn't mean you have to go and get it.
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    Adensem - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    im the kinda person that loves variety and that was the basis for my veno build which uses both fox and normal skills and its just a pain in the butt keeping up with everything

a apprentice of everything is master of nothing
    -old Asian proverb.
    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abondoned; struck down, but not destroyed. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I used to get new skills just cause i could but as time has gone on i find that i only use half off of them since some are just plain useless, I think their should be a reset system like with skill points. This will refund spirit and coin,
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    They are all fine suggestions and I would support any of them, but you will find that spirit stops being a problem once you hit level 60+. For the moment you will want to simply put your spells in an order of preference and get whichever ones you can afford. If you only get enough spirit for your top 5 choices then those will be the only ones you raise until those skills max out and new ones become your top 5. Getting to level 60 is actually a pretty reasonable task and once you get there you will find that there is plenty of spirit and no good skills. I find I usually just wait until I get 1 million or more spirit and just pick a skill (that I will rarely if ever use) and crank it up to max. All the skills I want are already capped and everything else just seems like junk. But I do remember what it was like to be in the level 20 to 60 range so I know what you are going through. I just wanted to let you know that it will not be like that for long. Things get a lot better (if having no good skills to spend your spirit on is better). b:chuckle

Top 5? More like top 2 at best. After grinding through a couple quests and 2,000 monsters (Not joking either, 2,000) I can barely scrape together enough SP to buy one lower costing skill. Considering this is the time when you are getting the most new skills and need them to keep up with the Mobs it would seem much more logical to give the most SP now rather than later. To even out the distribution so high level characters do not feel like they are sitting on their SP while lower level characters do not feel like they can never upgrade their skills.

Another way to fix this would be to make a new Trainer for the Botique designed to increase SP gain from monsters to double what it currently is.
  • erethizon1
    edited March 2009
    Top 5? More like top 2 at best. After grinding through a couple quests and 2,000 monsters (Not joking either, 2,000) I can barely scrape together enough SP to buy one lower costing skill. Considering this is the time when you are getting the most new skills and need them to keep up with the Mobs it would seem much more logical to give the most SP now rather than later. To even out the distribution so high level characters do not feel like they are sitting on their SP while lower level characters do not feel like they can never upgrade their skills.

Another way to fix this would be to make a new Trainer for the Botique designed to increase SP gain from monsters to double what it currently is.

I know that from levels 26 to 50 I had enough spirit to keep the 3 skills I used most leveled and I ignored all the rest for all of those levels. Since one of those 3 skills was extremely expensive (Celestial Guardian's Seal for my cleric, which costs several times more spirit than any other skill at that level) I assumed that most people could keep about 5 skills raised in total, assuming they picked skills with a more reasonable spirit cost. If you are only able to raise two then they must be some really expensive skills.

Note: I am including the big chunks of spirit you get for spiritual cultivation as part of the pool you use to keep these few skills capped during those levels.

And I should probably point out, that the best skills tend to be the low level ones. All the 50+ skills have really disappointed me. Higher level attacks tend to be less mana efficient and do not do that much more damage (maybe 60% more than a maxed low level skill, but have 3 times the mp cost). Having a bunch of interesting skills that I let lag behind kept the 50's interesting since I got to spend those levels raising up a lot of relatively inexpensive skills that were actually useful. Now that I am 75 I find that every skill I have left is something I will rarely if ever use and it feels like a waste of money to even bother raising them.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Top 5? More like top 2 at best. After grinding through a couple quests and 2,000 monsters (Not joking either, 2,000) I can barely scrape together enough SP to buy one lower costing skill.

Untill lvl51 or so, I could keep up with 4 skills: beastkings inspiration, fleshrealm, alacrity of the beast and shapeshift intensity. I sometimes had enough SP to get a lvl 1 skill to. I found that 1 hole lvl almost gave enough spirit to get 1 of the latest skills. If you add the cultivation quests, you can keep up with the essentiel.

If SP were to become unlimited, wouldn't that make all players exactly the same?
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ...it would seem much more logical to give the most SP now rather than later. To even out the distribution so high level characters do not feel like they are sitting on their SP while lower level characters do not feel like they can never upgrade their skills.

If this was implemented, then why bother having the concept of Spirit in the game at all -- just remove it. At least now you have an incentive to level up.

Also, I'm rather amused you and the OP are showing concern about Spirit when venomancers have relatively few 'must have' skills for levelling up. If you play mage, you only really need Venomous and Ironwood at max to do well. Metabolic Boost and Nature's Grace, while nice to have them at a high percentage, aren't necessities. I'm around level 60's and I haven't upgraded them since I was level 40 or so.

Coin is a more precious resource than Spirit, trust me.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    They talk about high levels having plenty of spirit. I'll support that by saying I have the majority of my mage and fox skills maxed right now while also sitting on 5.3 million spirit.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    They are all fine suggestions and I would support any of them, but you will find that spirit stops being a problem once you hit level 60+.

I think I should disagree with you here.

b:mischievous
  • Uriafire - Lost City
    Uriafire - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well alll of you high lvls are lucky but low lvls like us (expesacally clerics) will have a hard time not only getting the spirit but also getting lvled up considering how we're usually just the suport group. ive just been doing easy quest and some difficult ones with my freinds to try and earn spirit but i always seem to come up short, the only quest i can think of to give you a desent amount are the spirit cultivations(and only a select few) and the daily quest. but im still strugling with spirit and i probably still will be even after lvl 60
  • erethizon1
    edited April 2009
    well alll of you high lvls are lucky but low lvls like us (expesacally clerics) will have a hard time not only getting the spirit but also getting lvled up considering how we're usually just the suport group. ive just been doing easy quest and some difficult ones with my freinds to try and earn spirit but i always seem to come up short, the only quest i can think of to give you a desent amount are the spirit cultivations(and only a select few) and the daily quest. but im still strugling with spirit and i probably still will be even after lvl 60

As a cleric the only spells you really need capped are plume shot and great cyclone (assuming you get a lot of stuff done solo like most people in this game do).

Ironheart blessing should be kept up but it does not need to be capped. If you find that you are not able to keep the tank healed during a boss fight then you let ironheart get too low, but as long as the tank is doing fine it does not matter if your ironheart is maxed or not.

Feel free to ignore revive. The most important part of revive is the ability to get your party going again by not making anyone have to go back to town. The extra experience is just a bonus and is not really a big deal during those low levels where getting experience is really quite easy. When you get to 60+ you will want to raise it, but until then it really is not necessary (I am sure the non-clerics will tell you differently, but that is just because they want extra experience back not because it is truly important).

All your extra spirit can go into whichever buffs you feel are most important. There are no right or wrong choices (though many people have an opinion that they feel is the right one).

I know it is hard to pass up leveling skills that feel so important (I know I really wished I had more spirit and did not even care if I died during those levels because it allowed my spirit to catch up), but once you get used to only raising a few skills and ignoring all the others it does not feel so bad. You really will have plently of spirit to raise all of those important skills as you keep gaining levels. It is just the next 10 to 20 levels that things will continue to be tight for you.
  • _abby - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    i have such a pain leveing my scarabs alone but now its starting to ease up since i have less and less scarbs to level but that dont mean i am done with skill (pet skills FTW)
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Later on you'll find you'll struggle to afford spell upgrades in terms of money and have excessive SP.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Feel free to ignore revive. The most important part of revive is the ability to get your party going again by not making anyone have to go back to town. The extra experience is just a bonus and is not really a big deal during those low levels where getting experience is really quite easy. When you get to 60+ you will want to raise it, but until then it really is not necessary (I am sure the non-clerics will tell you differently, but that is just because they want extra experience back not because it is truly important).

I'm no cleric and agree on your revive point b:victory The most important thing of revive is that you don't have to go to town. The exp part is just secondary. The most important part is not to have the whole party wiped out.

However, I do like it when the cleric has his heal maxed b:laugh Guess now explanation is needed on that :p
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009

yes because those darn high levels acutally started the game at lvl 7x!b:shutup

This seems to work for me:

Do all your quests available to your level. Then instead of grinding on the same monsters to level, just go kill light green named monsters. I know both spirit and exp is reduced for these, but I believe the exp is reduced more. I always am like 10k-15k short on spirit with like 20-30% exp left to get. But by the time I level I have enough to upgrade all important skills in my build, and a little to start on the next level. I'm sure it will get tought lvl 30-40 and so on because I will be learning skills for the first time, upgrading older skills so not only does the cost of the spirit go up, it is compounded by the fact that new skills are still popping up. I see no reasont to die to lose exp just to gain spirit. Thats like taking 2 steps back to move one step forward. How the hell do you get anywhere? The skills don't go away. You can learn a lvl 29 skill at lvl 30, its okay, I won't report you.

Also on a side, I'm glad people are big enough to admit taht the lvl 1 revive is better than nothing.
  • chewybiteums
    chewybiteums Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'm finding a HUGE lack in spirit as well, I'm level 23 and still have around 6 skills to get, 3 of which I use to level with. I know its sort of my fault, I am a sucker for crafting, I have 3 crafting skills maxed or almost there and I want to increase them even more, but I can't do anything about it until I get more spirit.
    What about badges of strength, where do I get them?
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well, all those who see the lack of spirit, dont worry, lvl up the skills you can and you need, in my case i had all the skills that i liked to current lvl and the others to lvl 1.

theres no need to get your tank build up at lvl 10, neither its necesary to max all the skills as soon as you have them.

what is necesary, its MONEY, that word, it hurts to my inv just to think on lvl skills, currently, i have 390k spirit, and 600k, you know whats that money enough???

lets do some math b:shocked

... umm roar of the pride

cost to lvl 10= 200k money, 100k~ spirit
    relatively low lvl skill (when you learn it)

Atmos Strike

cost to lvl 5= 270k~ money 200k~ spirit
    med skill

Myriad sword stance

cost to lvl 4= 250k~ money 200k~ spirit
    high skill

... so, add repairs, charms if you use, armors..... and b:shocked b:shocked

theres no lack of spirit, theres just enough to keep while you lvl, and as someone said: the apprentice of all, is master of nothing

on other things, theres lack of money T.T
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well, all those who see the lack of spirit, dont worry, lvl up the skills you can and you need, in my case i had all the skills that i liked to current lvl and the others to lvl 1.

theres no need to get your tank build up at lvl 10, neither its necesary to max all the skills as soon as you have them.

what is necesary, its MONEY, that word, it hurts to my inv just to think on lvl skills, currently, i have 390k spirit, and 600k, you know whats that money enough???

lets do some math b:shocked

... umm roar of the pride

cost to lvl 10= 200k money, 100k~ spirit
    relatively low lvl skill (when you learn it)

Atmos Strike

cost to lvl 5= 270k~ money 200k~ spirit
    med skill

Myriad sword stance

cost to lvl 4= 250k~ money 200k~ spirit
    high skill

... so, add repairs, charms if you use, armors..... and b:shocked b:shocked

theres no lack of spirit, theres just enough to keep while you lvl, and as someone said: the apprentice of all, is master of nothing

on other things, theres lack of money T.T

im a wiz, i cant max everything, it would cost WAY too much and use more spirit than i could have even if i had the money. you have to chose which to specialize on like how bms pick weps as a wiz you max cirtan skills like snare and SS and only get lv 1 on retarted skills like emberstorm
    to use all my spirit right now ill need around 2.2 mil coins
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Best solution-
    Not to raise the amount of spirit points in the game, but rather to lower the amount needed.
    Im a lvl 38 archer, and I have about 10 skills that are available for leveling. About 4 of them I never touch (Quickshot, Vicious arrow, Take Aim, Knockback)
    The remaining 6 skills are either essential or "pace" skills, and each one needs~17k spirit and ~20k coins (except winged pledge-23k spirit , forgot amount of coins)

So together thats ~102k spirit needed, right now I have 12k spirit. And with my FB39 coming up in one level Im gonna be able to get a whole lot more skills which will need levelling as well.

By the way, I havent actually counted the amount of spirit I need exactly for each one, I just remember that the most common number was 17k for spirit and 22k (i think) for coins.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you have less wants, then your spirit will be fulfulled...

For example...

If the only thing you level up for a Cleric is

Plume Shot
    Cyclone
    Spirit's Gift
    Spark Eruption
    Ironheart Blessing

You will actually find an excess amount of spirit for other bonus skills!...

Like everyone said like 10 times already in this thread, get only the essentials. Basically PvE skills that is most mana-efficient and does the most damage with the lowest cooldown. Get gear that increases your damage, kill monsters as fast as you can so you can level up and train on higher lvl mobs and GIVE YOU MORE SPIRIT!!

P.S. Don't train on weaker mobs for spirit because you will lvl up slower and get an overall smaller amount of spirit because a lv 30, when compared to a lv 35... The lv 35 will always gain more spirit because the lv 35 is training on harder mobs...

Oh yea... Duke Blanke is awesome, talk to him everyday for the lucky element that gives better drops.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug