Upcoming Genie Skills

Options

Comments

• Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And mages can 1 shot themselves in tw with ultis...
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    venos were getting upset about bleed removal but look at those stun removal skills. Axe BM takes a good hit there!

Veno get a veno only skill that will be hated by all class including. I will not tell which else it start flame war again.
  • Kikisha - Sanctuary
    Kikisha - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    BM can never be magic build since the stats will not glow the same as caster class but there is skill the shorten the attack timer will be very welcome for Tank and archer class.

BM gets BM only magic refect skill. Barb gets Barb only magic damage reduction skill. Now Barb can tank bosses easier and lighten the job of cleric. b:victory
    The stats will not glow...? Sorry, I'm still new at some of the concepts in this game, I'm not sure what you mean...
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This genie system is not looking like fun. Fast-twitch uber-skills look like they will disrupt everything people have built for. Everything will be luck and timing (even more than it is already). And, to get into that "fun" I now have to maintain up to 4 new pets? Why do I have a sneaking suspicion there will be some cash-shop items that will be needed for optimal genie maintenance? Thanks, but don't hurry with the rollout.

Cast time on Genies is intra cast. It do not interfer your player skils timer.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The stats will not glow...? Sorry, I'm still new at some of the concepts in this game, I'm not sure what you mean...

When a caster put point in MAG. It increase magic damageoutput, increase MP pool, Magic defend etc.

BM is not a caster class. When you put point in MAG the, the effect is minimum to be notice.

In short, BM should not put point in MAG.
  • Kikisha - Sanctuary
    Kikisha - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    When a caster put point in MAG. It increase magic damageoutput, increase MP pool, Magic defend etc.

BM is not a caster class. When you put point in MAG the, the effect is minimum to be notice.

In short, BM should not put point in MAG.
    That sorta clears it up, thanks. But the facts don't make much sense. I mean sure BMs don't get magic skills(as far as I know), but to reduce the stat's value by so much that it becomes useless to put points into it when they eventually CAN cast spells...? That seems like the developers don't want diversity within classes...

Sorry, I was looking forward to the possibility of a "magic knight" of sorts. I'm just very disappointed, that's all. ;_;
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah I figured as much about the genie skill tree. But if we can get 3-4 genies we could switch them out for different situations. (hh, pvp, grinding)

Fuel crystals eh? I was wondering how genie mana would work. If they're going to be fuel crystals then I expect we'll see fuel crystals appear in the cash shop at the same time.

We could use the snowmen again.

You buy from NPC
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dougdread wrote: »
    So the genies are pets - can they be targeted and killed like any veno pet?

If so it would be fun to just target these pets and kill them, since recharging them will be so expensive compared to killing the player.

Is different from veno pet and can not be targetted.
  • Kadran - Dreamweaver
    Kadran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Note to Daji: You can edit your posts and include more than one quote in them. =)

Also, what are fuel crystals used for besides genie food?
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    fuel crystals = chi stones that you use to charge your flying mounts accelerate
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    fuel crystals = chi stones that you use to charge your flying mounts accelerate

From Daji's description it sounds like these might be a different item that he just happened to also translate as fuel crystals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    They're expensive to feed I guess... because they change ALL PvP experience. It makes wizards and clerics commit suicide when attacking barbs and venos (unless cleric is lucky enough to face a robe veno and hit plume shot). It makes the "loved" phoenix flesh ream skill nearly useless. Cleric's long seals turn to be a waste of spirit and coins.

sad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    OMG BLESSING YOUR LVL 100 O.O gratz
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Fatalvenom - Lost City
    Fatalvenom - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    anyone know if venos can use this genie pet in addition to their primary attack pet?
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes the veno will be a crowed moving (her/him + Pet + Genie + lvl 89thing)

I dont think venos can hide very will anymore b:laugh
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes the veno will be a crowed moving (her/him + Pet + Genie + lvl 89thing)

I dont think venos can hide very will anymore b:laugh

wow i didn't even think about this.

big bird flying mount
    phoenix
    genie
    fairy (eventually)

how am i going to see what i'm doing...ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wow i didn't even think about this.

big bird flying mount
    phoenix
    genie
    fairy (eventually)

how am i going to see what i'm doing...ever

I think its time for us to invest in a mantaray. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hate to complain but the skill that reflects magic is absolutely unfair for magic based classes, taking down a barbarian/BM must be done fast with debuffs/seals and big nukes because they are deadly on close range, now we are forced to kill them with small nukes and running?, how else are we going to? now big nukes = suicide...

How about adding a magic skill that reflect 10x ALL melee dmg back to the melee attacker for 10 seconds? wont that be unfair?

how about breaking the game further adding more unfair skills:

Skill that does BLEED REFLECT ON VENOS

SKILL THAT DISMISSES PETS

Won't venos complain? I am pretty sure they will, well with a skill like magic reflect we are forced to complain and sorry for that.

I hope that skill gets nerfed or changed soon.
  • Tailpuff - Heavens Tear
    Tailpuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    samasalao wrote: »
    I hate to complain but the skill that reflects magic is absolutely unfair for magic based classes, taking down a barbarian/BM must be done fast with debuffs/seals and big nukes because they are deadly on close range, now we are forced to kill them with small nukes and running?, how else are we going to? now big nukes = suicide...

How about adding a magic skill that reflect 10x ALL melee dmg back to the melee attacker for 10 seconds? wont that be unfair?

how about breaking the game further adding more unfair skills:

Skill that does BLEED REFLECT ON VENOS

SKILL THAT DISMISSES PETS

Won't venos complain? I am pretty sure they will, well with a skill like magic reflect we are forced to complain and sorry for that.

I hope that skill gets nerfed or changed soon.

Lets see, currently i have around 2.5k hp and do 8k dmg to mobs (not including pet)
    So with the 75% dmg reduction from pvp is 2k dmg.. so wat i get almost an instant death?
    Now wizards.. around my lvl do 12k-13k dmg and have barely 2k hp.. ouch.. that class is already terrible, guess will be a ghost class after this.
    Also i don't see anything that would benefit a wizard greatly to make it more interesting.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lets see, currently i have around 2.5k hp and do 8k dmg to mobs (not including pet)
    So with the 75% dmg reduction from pvp is 2k dmg.. so wat i get almost an instant death?
    Now wizards.. around my lvl do 12k-13k dmg and have barely 2k hp.. ouch.. that class is already terrible, guess will be a ghost class after this.
    Also i don't see anything that would benefit a wizard greatly to make it more interesting.

Bramble Hood's only effect in PvP is 75% DR, so it's likely that any reflect ability given by a genie (magic or otherwise) is unlikely to work in PvP. If, on the off-chance it does, the duration is 4 seconds with a 30 second CD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bramble Hood's only effect in PvP is 75% DR, so it's likely that any reflect ability given by a genie (magic or otherwise) is unlikely to work in PvP. If, on the off-chance it does, the duration is 4 seconds with a 30 second CD.

Bramble hood does reflect dmg in pvp...Go test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bramble hood does reflect dmg in pvp...Go test.

Allow me to CLARIFY for those who do not quite understand what I meant, and seem to need clarification.

In Open PvP Bramble Hood only has one effect: damage reduction

Based on that I stated that it was like the same would apply to any new damage reflect abiliteis given by Genies.

Learn to read the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Allow me to CLARIFY for those who do not quite understand what I meant, and seem to need clarification.

In Open PvP Bramble Hood only has one effect: damage reduction

Based on that I stated that it was like the same would apply to any new damage reflect abiliteis given by Genies.

Learn to read the forums.

Yeah tested it again,guess last test was on duel where the reflect does work.

Tried open pvp and it doesnt.

Lol @ you getting angry for this. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Did read through all the posts, but I don't see anything for clerics. In fact one specifically says only not for them. lol. It would be nice to have an increase mana reg or something like that skill.
  • PlazmaStryke - Heavens Tear
    PlazmaStryke - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wow most of these skills dont even help the wiz class at all. fail
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hope i didnt waste my time on my Wizzy to be more gimped.
    Developers definetly hate the Mages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:sweat
    these skills better not work in pvp...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:sweat
    these skills better not work in pvp...

Looks to me like the skills are designed for pvp.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Xiyao - Heavens Tear
    Xiyao - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    omg this system may finally force me to quit playing as wiz.

reading the Chinese official website, there are only 3 wiz specific skills and some good skills we can't use. I'd say only one of them is working towards our own benefit. b:sad

lvl 3 skill: sand barrier (just my own translations)
    grants target immunity for earth dmg for a short time, and gains a lil chi
    i mean omg doesn't wiz use earth spell as their main atks in TW (sandstorm, mountain seize), so wiz against wiz hmm

lvl8 skill: water/fire armor
    for a short period reduce dmg taken, but after a period of time increases dmg received.
    so i guess i can just use it to live a extra few secs? but have sure death later >.>

lvl 9 skill: mage's star
    greatly increase hp regen speed, at same time absorbs magic dmg
    good one, just have to see how long it lasts...
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    remove stun skills are by far the worst. gg warriors