Upcoming Genie Skills

Blessing - Heavens Tear
Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Taken from a different forum from someone that took their time to translate it for us. Credits to rainbowmirage. All the skills are listed as lvl 1 and are for all classes unless stated otherwise. Some of these skills are going to greatly affect Territorial Wars, such as the Veno-only skill that causes the enemy to switch HP/MP.

Genies officially getting released on Chinese servers on the 25th of March.

Some acronyms:
EA = Elf Archer
EP = Elf Priest = Cleric
WR = Warrior = BM
WB = Werebeast = Barbarian
WF = Werefox = Venomancer
MG = Mage = Wizard
Skill no.1 : Heal
-helps to stop bleeding
-good against WF
-cooldown time: 30sec

Skill no.2 : Blood clot
-immune to bleeding for a certain amount of time depending on the level of the skill.
-for level 1 it's 5.5sec.
-good against WF

Skill no.3: 拙火定 (i seriously have no idea how to translate the name)
-Class restriction: only for WB
-absorbs 50% physical and magic damage that lasts for 10sec but decreases movement speed by 50%
-acts like a 2nd tortlen.
-cooldown time: 60sec

Skill no.4: 回风诀 (it's something like wind.. something)
-can only be casted if you are in the air or on the ground.
-at lv 1, it decreases 12% damage taken in 8sec and increases 15% attack speed and dodge rate.
-fast cool down time
-a good skill for EA (esp dark EA)
-cooldown time: 1sec

Skill no.5: Protection
-class restriction: cannot be used by EP
-at lv1, increase HP upper limit by 55% for 5sec.
-after casting, your hp will regenerate every 3sec (for 6sec).
-at the end of 6sec, your hp will finish regenerating (which means full HP)
-by using this, it'll triggers the HP hiero.
-good for WB who intends to use perdition.

Skill no.6: Soul destroyer
-amplifies damage
-at lv1, the target (that gets cursed) will receive 20% more damage for 5.5sec

Skill no.7: cyclone
-AOE skill
-atlv1, the AOE is 18m (in front of you).
-it does not deal damage. it only paralyzes all target for 2sec then reduce their speed by 23% for 10sec
-short cooldown time
-good for melee attackers since they'll be able to paralyze + slow their enemies.
-cooldown time: 12sec

Skill no.8: kingkong roar (sounds stupid)
-at lv1, there's 53% chance to wake up from stun.

Skill no.9: ming wang curse
-for lv 1, you wont be able to get stunned etc. but there's 95% chance to get mdef debuff.

Skill no.10: war cry
-the effect is like red zhen + increase in walking speed.
-at level 1, it increases attack power, increases attack speed by 12%, increases movement speed by 30% and -casting time by 6%. (last for 8sec)

Skill no.11 : berserk
-decreases pdef and mdef but increases attack level.
-more def decreases = more attack level increases.
-at lv1, decreases 55% def and increases attack level by 11.
-it affects both you and your party mate. (in short, it's like a buff)
-cooldown time: 8sec

Skill no.12: hun yuan seal
- at level 1: free from the seal effect for 5sec.

Skill no.13: idk how to translate this. it's something like "release yourself from being restrain" or something.
-at lv 1: 53% chance to free yourself from seal. [which means if you get sealed, use this to release yourself]

Skill no.14 : Restriction
-class restriction: only for EA
-paralyze target that is near you
-at level 1: paralyze target for 3.4sec. 20% chance of having free movement for 5sec.

Skill no.15 : movement speed (the true name..idk how to translate.. as usual)
-increases the movement speed of your team mates (and of course yourself) if they are within your AOE.
-at level 1: increases speed for 3.3sec. AOE: 10m

Skill no.16 : Earth Attack
-can only be use on the ground
-earth damage + paralyze target
-at lv1: causes 136.9 earth element damage to the target and cost the target to be paralyze for 2sec.
-cooldown time: 10sec

Skill no.17 : idk how to translate
-it "freezes" the target.
-does not clash with stun and sleep etc.
-at level 1: 60% chance to freeze the target for 3.3sec.
-cooldown time: 15sec

Skill no.18 : last strike (actually the name for this is an idiom. it's used to describe people who's very sickly.. er.. they sorta become very energetic before their death..
-increases large amount of vigor in a short time. but after that, your vigor will starts decreasing.
-at lv1: increases 110vigor in 15sec. after that, for the next 15sec, you'll lose 210vigor. (and no, your vigor cant go negative. so if you dont have vigor, there's nothing they can do either).
-a good skill if you need to cast fury burst immediately.

Skill no.19: the touch of wind
-another skill to remove stun.
-53% chance to remove it.

Skill no.20 : Hatred
-as name suggested, it's an aggro skill. and it reflects damage.
-AOE attack
-at lv 1: AOE range is 20m,creates large amount of hatred and reflects 40% physical damage for 4.5sec.

Skill no.21 : Double the return
-class restriction: only WR & WB can use it
-reflects magic (yes, you saw it right. it's magic) damage.
-at level 1: reflects magic damage for 4sec. (the max damage that can be reflected is 10000)

Skill no.22 : Dragon Air
-causes fire and physical damage
-causes frighten effect
-at lv 1: causes 1333.3 fire and physical damage + decreases target's defense level by 11 level which last for 6sec.
-cooldown time: 20sec

Skill no.23 : stealing of vigor
-at lv1: steals 65vigor from target. this will cause the target to be angry (fury) thus increasing the target's vigor by 30vigor per 3sec (last for 30sec).
-can only be used on "enemy". but actually, as long as they are not your party members, they are considered as your "enemy". so.. if you need to increase vigor at a short time (like during FB or anything, just quit party, cast that skill and then party back immediately).

Skill no.24 : Blizzard
-decreases HP upper limit (AOE)
-acts just like the EA's ST. but it requires alot of "skill points" (from your fairy) to learn. if you learn this skill, you wont be able to learn ALOT of other skills.
-at lv1: decreases 5.5% HP upper limit, last for 5sec.

Skill no.25 : Soul Strike
-Class restriction: only WF can use it.
-forces the target to intersoul.
-at lv1: 53% success rate.
-can only be used for enemy.
-useless skill if enemy has got mp hiero.

Skill no.26 : Flame strike
-can only be used on the ground.
-causes fire damage and a certain chance to cause confusion to the target (just dont ask me what's confusion).
-at lv1: AOE 8m, causes 221 fire elemental damage and 15% chance to cause confusion for 3sec.

Skill no.27 : vigor burst
-increases ownself + enemies' vigor
-AOE
-at lv1: gives 1fury to enemies that are within your AOE. gain 1fury + 10vigor for owns

Skill no.28 : Determination
-immune from all negative states
-at lv1: a chance to gain immunity from all negative state for 5sec. every level increased = chances of casting it increases by 10%

Skill no.29: ultimate something
-allows the party members (and yourself) to be invincible and allows free movement.
-at lv1: invincibility for 2.2sec, free movement for 2sec.
Post edited by Blessing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Skill 6. 1 second cooldown yet the skill lasts 5.5 seconds at level 1 = constant amplify
    Skill 21. lolwat. Bramble doesn't even reflect physical dmg back in PvP, lulz.
    Skill 25. Purposely hiero ticking time? All across the PWI map... people will outcry as Venos purposely tick people's MP hieros... dun dun duuun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onxy - Harshlands
    Onxy - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    venos were getting upset about bleed removal but look at those stun removal skills. Axe BM takes a good hit there!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thx for the info.

As BM this one is good news:

"Skill no.21 : Double the return
    -at level 1: reflects magic damage for 4sec. (the max damage that can be reflected is 10000)
    -cooldown time: 30sec"

My prays have been answered.

Do we know already where genies will be stored?
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Thx for the info.

As BM this one is good news:

"Skill no.21 : Double the return
    -cooldown time: 30sec"

My prays have been answered.

Do we know already where genies will be stored?

From what I gathered from other forums, you get 1 genie for free for doing a quest chain. The other 3 genies can be purchased by trading mirages stones. It's still undergoing beta testing in China so this may change. No idea where they are stored, but it's certainly not our pet slots.

I'm hoping that the duration for blood clot increases significantly when level or coolddown reduced.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    No idea where they are stored, but it's certainly not our pet slots.

Tha'ts good to know. So,I don't have to find new homes for my all class pets.b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow there are a LOT of game changing skills in there.
    I don't see what is with PW's obsession with with these <10 second uber buffs. Just give me a decent passive and call it a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This genie system is not looking like fun. Fast-twitch uber-skills look like they will disrupt everything people have built for. Everything will be luck and timing (even more than it is already). And, to get into that "fun" I now have to maintain up to 4 new pets? Why do I have a sneaking suspicion there will be some cash-shop items that will be needed for optimal genie maintenance? Thanks, but don't hurry with the rollout.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So it seems like a lot of these are short duration self buffs kinda.

It could be interesting in pvp, you'd have to time things like you time a spark burst.

For Example: Blood clot protects you from bleed, doesn't get rid of it. It lasts for only a few seconds, and has a longer cooldown than flesh ream.
    I think I'll still be killing people with my nix.

Soul switching other people is interesting, gonna have to think about how to use that one in pvp. A lot of people are going to have to start wearing two hieros.

Thanks Blessing for posting this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Some of these skills are going to greatly affect Territorial Wars, such as the Veno-only skill that causes the enemy to switch HP/MP. That will instantly change a barb's HP down to around 1k after charm ticks.

Assuming this soul switch works the same as mine, it switches the percentage of hp/mp, not the total amount that you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Assuming this soul switch works the same as mine, it switches the percentage of hp/mp, not the total amount that you have.

Oh right. sdfsdf
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I expected more of a response to this thread. Guess I'll just post my thoughts and talk to myself for a while.

Going to take some skill and good timing to pull this off in pvp well. The cooldown is twice as long as nix bleed, and if it shows up as a buff under your hp bar, I'll just wait it out before I use my nix. I feel like its not the phoenix killer that everyone was hoping for.

-amplifies damage

Amp Damage, with no cooldown. Will it stack with fox amp damage?

-for lv 1, you wont be able to get stunned etc. but there's 95% chance to get mdef debuff.

Good for fighting warriors in solo pvp I guess, but not really worth the risk of some random person shooting you with magic IMHO

Its like another mini spark. I like it.

I asked for a mage weapon with berserk, this is pretty close

Wow. Another archer stun move. Fun.

Is this like the archer skill where you move at 15m/s? Cuz they run really fast.

Wow. Another archer stun move. Fun. (yes i know others can use it too)

Skill no.18 : last strike (actually the name for this is an idiom. it's used to describe people who's very sickly.. er.. they sorta become very energetic before their death..

Heaven/Hell spark blade tempest - gg

-AOE attack
    -at lv 1: AOE range is 20m,creates large amount of hatred and reflects 40% physical damage for 4.5sec.

Zero cooldown on this one too...would be a good way for anyone to hold aggro.

I don't know anyone who would survive 10k magic damage reflect anyways. If this casts quickly, then it can be used to counter mages all day long. Pop this as someone's channeling ice dragon or something and watch them one shot themselves.

Heavy fire damage + amp damage = I'll get this one

Sharpentooth for any class - faster solo hh for me

I'll get this one for shiggles. Sounds fun to use to mess with people.

-AOE
    -at lv1: gives 1fury to enemies that are within your AOE. gain 1fury + 10vigor for owns

Enemies = anyone not in party right? So I spam this when I'm out of party near my friends and we can all spark burst constantly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    All the 1 sec Cooldowns seem too good to be true. Most likely they will have some absurd mana consumption on the genies, forcing you to spend lots of $$ ingame or zen for it. I heard that you need to use fuel crystals to recharge genie mana.

Also, I heard that you won't be able to get every single spell on the genie depending on the skill tree path you take. Chances are you won't be able to get all the spells you want.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I figured as much about the genie skill tree. But if we can get 3-4 genies we could switch them out for different situations. (hh, pvp, grinding)

Fuel crystals eh? I was wondering how genie mana would work. If they're going to be fuel crystals then I expect we'll see fuel crystals appear in the cash shop at the same time.

We could use the snowmen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just buy a sh1tload of nooby weapon and armor and then decompose them for a little genie feed.....
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • Phantomhive - Lost City
    Phantomhive - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Looks like someone found the expansion trailer for these skills as well. (credits to Ediiison)

http://vlog.17173.com/v/1/10307/42/NDIwNDcz

^That might take a while to load. Btw, is it ok to post that link? I'm sorry if it's against the rules.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2009

This is great >:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wth o_O nothing restricted for wizards or clerics?

everything is useble for wf or wb >_<
    or am i reading this wrong?
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    We already got some of the files for these in some previous updates. Last week I saw some files with the "genius" word into their filenames.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Looks like someone found the expansion trailer for these skills as well. (credits to Ediiison)

http://vlog.17173.com/v/1/10307/42/NDIwNDcz

^That might take a while to load. Btw, is it ok to post that link? I'm sorry if it's against the rules.

Good findb:victory
  • Lisette - Heavens Tear
    Lisette - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am excited for this expansion.. Wonder how long we will have to wait.

Thanks for posting this, Blessing!
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I expected more of a response to this thread. Guess I'll just post my thoughts and talk to myself for a while.

Going to take some skill and good timing to pull this off in pvp well. The cooldown is twice as long as nix bleed, and if it shows up as a buff under your hp bar, I'll just wait it out before I use my nix. I feel like its not the phoenix killer that everyone was hoping for.

-amplifies damage

Amp Damage, with no cooldown. Will it stack with fox amp damage?

Good for fighting warriors in solo pvp I guess, but not really worth the risk of some random person shooting you with magic IMHO

Its like another mini spark. I like it.

I asked for a mage weapon with berserk, this is pretty close

Wow. Another archer stun move. Fun.

Is this like the archer skill where you move at 15m/s? Cuz they run really fast.

Wow. Another archer stun move. Fun. (yes i know others can use it too)

Heaven/Hell spark blade tempest - gg

-AOE attack

Zero cooldown on this one too...would be a good way for anyone to hold aggro.

I don't know anyone who would survive 10k magic damage reflect anyways. If this casts quickly, then it can be used to counter mages all day long. Pop this as someone's channeling ice dragon or something and watch them one shot themselves.

Heavy fire damage + amp damage = I'll get this one

Sharpentooth for any class - faster solo hh for me

I'll get this one for shiggles. Sounds fun to use to mess with people.

-AOE

Enemies = anyone not in party right? So I spam this when I'm out of party near my friends and we can all spark burst constantly?

You gotta remember that Genies will need both HP and MP points to use a skill. MP can be slowly regenerated but HP cannot. You have to feed fuel stones to restore their HP. From what I've read in PW China forum, it is extremely expensive to use genie skills due to the amount of fuel stones you gotta use to get HP's back. You probably won't be able to spam genie skills, which is a good thing in my opinion.
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i agree then there could be just a genie pvp class o.o where genies take over >_<
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    @ blindeyesniper : please learn how to trim your quotes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • dougdread
    dougdread Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So the genies are pets - can they be targeted and killed like any veno pet?

If so it would be fun to just target these pets and kill them, since recharging them will be so expensive compared to killing the player.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    dougdread wrote: »
    So the genies are pets - can they be targeted and killed like any veno pet?

If so it would be fun to just target these pets and kill them, since recharging them will be so expensive compared to killing the player.

They arent pets in that manner. They do not directly take part in combat, they can not be targetted or killed. They can be out along with a Venomancer pet. They do not occuppy a spot in your pet bag. They are merely a graphical representation of an all-class (with few exceptions) skill set for everyone.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Now i see why fist BMs are so OP in PvP.

Berserk fists+Berserk faerie+speed increase faerie+hell spark=wtfraped
    Back.
  • Kikisha - Sanctuary
    Kikisha - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So if genies can give spells... is it possible to have a magic-built BM using a magic sword?

Probably too early to answer that question from the look of it, but I'm full of wishful thinking. :3
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    From what I gathered from other forums, you get 1 genie for free for doing a quest chain. The other 3 genies can be purchased by trading mirages stones. It's still undergoing beta testing in China so this may change. No idea where they are stored, but it's certainly not our pet slots.

I'm hoping that the duration for blood clot increases significantly when level or coolddown reduced.

Great, we now have more skills to play with
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I translated this from CN version to share but your should refer to official announcement for PWI version

Characteristics of Genies

-Sit in character inventory (Slot beside ring slot) and has 4 equipment slots.
    -No HP no dead but has visible model.
    -Can not perform direct combat but has buff, de-buff and AOE skills.
    -Skills can be auto or manually control by player.
    -Genies skills are intra cast
    -Level with player EXP (Leveling of Genies)
    -Level with special items. (Leveling of Genies)

Stats on Genies

Genies STR DEX MAG VIT
    Green 15 5 5 3
    Orange 5 15 3 5
    White 5 3 15 5
    Red 3 5 5 15

Basic stats:

STR: Determine damage of skills
    DEX: Determine effect of skills
    VIT: MP pool
    MAG: MP Recovery and the skills learnable (each 50 MAG = +1 MP recovery).

Basic stats can be reset with item. Each reset gain 1 point when below 40, 2 point when above 40 (since stats above 40 need 2 points).

-Genies begin with L1 and random stats of 1-10
    -Genies begin with VIT 100, MP recovery 1 point/sec
    -Gain 1 stat point every level. Player can allocate this point freely. Maximum free point allocation for single stats is 40. Any above need 2 stats point to gain 1 point (mean you need 2 levels for 2 point to invest 1 point to make it to 41).
    -Genies gain titles every 10 level. Each title gain between 1-10 stats points (Random).
    -Total of random stats gained determines the display model of the genies. Higher random stats will gain a better look for genies.

Elemental stats:

-Genies begin with 1 elemental point.
    -Gain 1 elemental point each 5 level.
    -Gain 1 elemental point every level above 100
    -Maximum allocation point for each elemental stat is 8
    -Total elemental point gain is 26

Elemental stats can be reset to 0 with item.

Genies Skill

-Default skill genies can learn: 3. Total 91 Genies skills
    -Skills learnable base on each 40 point of MAG, genies level and elemental stats level.
    -Maximum number skill can be learned: 8
    -There are 5 elemental stats: Metal, Wood, Water, Fire and Earth.

Each skill consumed VIT but can recharge with VIT stones. It is the same concept as how player uses pot for MP/HP.

Stone level VIT Stone level VIT
    1 80 6 800
    2 160 7 960
    3 320 8 1120
    4 480 9 1280
    5 640 10 1440

Leveling of Genies

-Leveling of Genies required EXP which is 40% of player EXP (Player import his EXP to level Genies) or with genies EXP pill (Buy from NPC).
    -Level Cap for Genies is currently set to L105.
    -Player can only level up genies that are same level or lower level than the player level.
    -No EXP penalty for transfer of genies to the same level player but to player that is higher levels than genies itself (penalty amount not known).
    -When use genies EXP pill, the penalty is calculated base on pill and genies level. EXP pill will disappeared once it EXP is used (example- pill has 10K EXP but you use 5K this time, the next time you use another 5K. It EXP is consumed and will disappear).
    -There is no EXP penalty when genies reach L100 or higher.

Genies equipments

-There are 4 equipment slots. Item equipment can only be destroyed or replace.
    -Genies can not equipments above it level.
    -User can enhance genies stats with genies specific equipments to enchant basic and elemental stats.
    There said to be some legendary one.

There are rumor these genies will arrive from Sanctuary.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So if genies can give spells... is it possible to have a magic-built BM using a magic sword?

Probably too early to answer that question from the look of it, but I'm full of wishful thinking. :3

BM can never be magic build since the stats will not glow the same as caster class but there is skill the shorten the attack timer will be very welcome for Tank and archer class.

BM gets BM only magic refect skill. Barb gets Barb only magic damage reduction skill. Now Barb can tank bosses easier and lighten the job of cleric. b:victory