Lvl 74 quest 'The Punishment'

Saitada - Sanctuary
Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Ok, so I have this quest. I do the first two parts and suddenly discover the third part requires you to come up with 50 fodders (hay)...... 50 Hay.

50 HAY

Are you guys smoking pot? That is an **** stupid low level mob drop for a mid/high level quest, what IDIOT thought up this quest? And why wasn't him and his family executed for it? Not only that, but it's also not a material that is cheap or easy to come by w/o having to farm with a lower level character for hours or buying it for 6k ea or more [300,000 coin] (average on sanctuary server).

HAY.... I swear the Dev's in china have been nipping at their Hashish pipes wayyyyy to much. The quest reward honestly is NOT worth the cost by a LONG shot. Reward: Exp(37200), Gold(22300), Spirit(6000). I would rather spend the 300k on sharding my armor than buying a hard to get item like HAY to complete a quest. C'mon really guys wtf?

~S
Post edited by Saitada - Sanctuary on

Comments

• PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I would rather spend the 300k on sharding my armor than buying a hard to get item like HAY to complete a quest. C'mon really guys wtf?

~S

I think you're right. But not font-size-7-right. Maybe you should just drop that quest and smoke some pot. Or drink some coffee. Or kill some Rhinodrakes. Just for the fun of killing them. And for hay...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I totally agree with you...some of the quests in this game are really wack. A high lvl warned me about this a couple of days ago and I had to get my alt veno character to go farm for it at the antelope pup. Took me 2 days to get enough hays for that upcoming quest. The prices for these hays are ridiculous...so it was worth 2 days of farming for the hays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I totally agree with you...some of the quests in this game are really wack. A high lvl warned me about this a couple of days ago and I had to get my alt veno character to go farm for it at the antelope pup. Took me 2 days to get enough hays for that upcoming quest. The prices for these hays are ridiculous...so it was worth 2 days of farming for the hays.

I think people are too dead-set against paying for the hay that they lose their objectivity. Just about anyone in their 70s can farm (DQ drops) about 100k an hour. This means the 300k price tag as Saitada layed out, for 50 hays, can be gotten in 3 hours of farming. Compare that to 2 days of farming as the above quote mentioned. While only a guess, i'm assuming each day of farming was longer then 1.5 hours & thereby greater then a 3 hour time investment. Sometimes paying the price is worth more then farming the item, because the time you waste farming the hay has greater value, even in in-game coin.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hahahahaha im definitely trashing this one.

yeah except just grinding and not completing the quest would be more worthwhile. i'll keep that money to myself so i can actually spend it on decent equipment or it can go towards a charm. even if i do farm this w/ my alt, im selling the bloody hay and continuing my grind w/ the main.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I think people are too dead-set against paying for the hay that they lose their objectivity. Just about anyone in their 70s can farm (DQ drops) about 100k an hour. This means the 300k price tag as Saitada layed out, for 50 hays, can be gotten in 3 hours of farming. Compare that to 2 days of farming as the above quote mentioned. While only a guess, i'm assuming each day of farming was longer then 1.5 hours & thereby greater then a 3 hour time investment. Sometimes paying the price is worth more then farming the item, because the time you waste farming the hay has greater value, even in in-game coin.
    Your missing the point entirely. the REWARD for the quest doesn't make up for the COST to complete it.

I'm damned if I am going to pay 300k, to get a 22.3k coin reward, and a small amount of XP and Spirit I can make far faster if I spend the time to grind. The cost/Value balance is badly skewed to the red as far as I am concerned.

~S
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    hahahahaha im definitely trashing this one.

yeah except just grinding and not completing the quest would be more worthwhile. i'll keep that money to myself so i can actually spend it on decent equipment or it can go towards a charm. even if i do farm this w/ my alt, im selling the bloody hay and continuing my grind w/ the main.

QFT

fillerfiller
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I got that quest today.
    Whilst I have room I'll keep it on the back burner. Never know, maybe guildies can help out when they find some hay.
  • FinalEcstasy - Heavens Tear
    FinalEcstasy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just shopping around,the quest always there,sometimes you get a bargain from catshop around main cities and auction,just take your time and start saving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥=Signature by Semyezza=♥
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The devs are clearly ****. A 70+ quest should not require 300k worth of drops from a max level 34 mob. Yeah that's right, 34 is the highest level mob that drops Hay, which means for a 7x the drop rate is in the tenths of a percent.

I would never trade 300k for such a measly amount of exp. You can beat the cube for less most days for 10x the exp.
  • Apollo - Harshlands
    Apollo - Harshlands Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How about you just don't do it? A lot of people don't do most quests anyway. Trash it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've only seen 2 quests worth trashing until now:
    heavenwear: hard as hell, long and needs items.
    punishment: as stated by all other people, it's very pointless to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • xtinct23
    xtinct23 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Trashed this quest the day I got it. Never even bothered to look around for Hay. Saw the items needed, laughed, and trashed.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    making 300k with veno is like stealing lollipop from kid :) not so hard duh ^^
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009

The reason why it took me 2 days to have enough hays because I didn't spent the whole day on collecting it....or more than an hr for that matter. I farmed a little on my alt then went back to my main and grind. Also like Saitada said...the quest is not worth it to pay coins to get the hays (sucky rewards). All in all...I think if I spent more than an hr each day farming...i could've gotten those hays within 2 hrs....3 hrs just to be safe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    How about you just don't do it? A lot of people don't do most quests anyway. Trash it.

but but.....I want to complete each and every questb:cry. To me....it feel....kinda missing if I didn't do every single quest at my lvl. That's just me thob:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Take the 300k.

Buy 5-7 Oracle I

Enjoy the reward (already better than that quest)

- Amy
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    making 300k with veno is like stealing lollipop from kid :) not so hard duh ^^
    someone else who misses the point entirely. The REWARD for the quest does NOT compensate for the COST to complete it.

Never Mind. Your obviously not bright enough to see it anyway.

~S
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There is no requirement to do this quest and you are not forced to do it by any means so I fail to see what the issue is. At 84+ the quest will stop appearing in "Find Quest" anyway.

This is actually the only real quest I have ever trashed. Maybe I will do it someday when I am bored...

Word of warning: If you ever trash this quest do NOT have Hay in your inventory or else it will be trashed along with the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The second i saw the "get 50 hay" part of the quest i trashed it.

Infact I don't do quests anymore ta all, I make more money and EXP grinding.
    Back.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    pffffffffffft gey

300k can get u through cube once or twice
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    how much rep does it give?
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    haha, i still have this quest sitting in my quest list. if i somehow get 50 hay from some guildie i will finsih it, or when i am out of quest slots i will trash it. but for now..its...goign to sit there and take up space XD

and yes i agree that whoever decided hay was a good idea for this quest is an idiot. this quest is basically forcing people to get an alt to farm lower lvl stuff or buy it from other player, something that just shouldnt be done on a quest.(aka. making it impossible to do alone without any type of assistent)
    however the dev who thought of this quest probably didnt know hay would be like 5k a piece, more likely it was expected to be cheap since its just.. a basic pet food...
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Bandages - Sanctuary
    Bandages - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how much rep does it give?

we'll only know when the quest is completed....

it better give 1k rep for this amount of hay.......
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok,
    Are you guys smoking pot? That is an **** stupid low level mob drop for a mid/high level quest, what IDIOT thought up this quest? And why wasn't him and his family executed for it?

You should have been executed at birth.
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    someone else who misses the point entirely. The REWARD for the quest does NOT compensate for the COST to complete it.

Never Mind. Your obviously not bright enough to see it anyway.

~S

And i am sure when the Dev's created this quest they said,

"Hmmm in 3 years from now, hay on 5 servers that don't exist at this point in time will cost 6k in cat shops, that will really **** those lvl 74's looking to do this, for only 40k exp, hahahahaha"

Give me a break. Turned out the way it turned out. By your logic they should change exp on quest rewards based on the in game economy. If hay cost 50 coin in shops would you say we are missing the point? Looks like you are the one who is not bright enough to see it. Don't do the quest
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009

"Hmmm in 3 years from now, hay on 5 servers that don't exist at this point in time will cost 6k in cat shops, that will really **** those lvl 74's looking to do this, for only 40k exp, hahahahaha"

Give me a break. Turned out the way it turned out. By your logic they should change exp on quest rewards based on the in game economy. If hay cost 50 coin in shops would you say we are missing the point? Looks like you are the one who is not bright enough to see it. Don't do the quest

Highest level mob that drops Hay is 34. The Punishment is received at 74. Does there really need to be much else said? It's not so much a matter of economics as it is the mechanics involved. One of the reasons Hay is so expensive is because high levels can't farm it, not reliably at least. High demand (lots of phoenix owners, pet bag quest) + pain in the butt to get = high prices. My 10 year old nephew understands that concept, surely the devs in China with their computer engineering degrees could have seen that this would be the way things turned out.
  • Matt_ - Sanctuary
    Matt_ - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it certainly is 'The Punishment'... but for what? spending our hard earned cash on items in boutique? #$%^&!!
    Sanctuary's worst and poorest bm! b:victoryb:surrenderb:cry
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009

well.. actually.. if you would have played PW-MY a couple years ago already you would know that the same thing happened there.. though there hay was selling for like 10-12k each.. so they would have already known.. and could have changed it to like fungus or something.

what I did on this server to get it was offer a low level faction member 1k coin per, to get me the 50 hay.. they get the xp for the grinding, the coin from the drops, plus an additional 50k coin for helpin me out.. sure they could probably sell it for more.. if they wanted to wait days on end.. or they could guarantee themselves 50k immediately.. 1/2 of which I get back from the quest.. anyway.. so technically, it cost me around 500 per hay)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well.. actually.. if you would have played PW-MY a couple years ago already you would know that the same thing happened there.. though there hay was selling for like 10-12k each.. so they would have already known.. and could have changed it to like fungus or something.

what I did on this server to get it was offer a low level faction member 1k coin per, to get me the 50 hay.. they get the xp for the grinding, the coin from the drops, plus an additional 50k coin for helpin me out.. sure they could probably sell it for more.. if they wanted to wait days on end.. or they could guarantee themselves 50k immediately.. 1/2 of which I get back from the quest.. anyway.. so technically, it cost me around 500 per hay)

I did play there, and trashed the quest there too. I choose not to do it. Just like i choose not to do many quests that i don't think are worth it. However i am assuming these were created before people were actually playing the game with an established economy. As far as i know this is just translated code from those versions and from what i have been playing on PWI i see no differences but names of things, quests and rewards are exactly the same.

Not all are meant to be a cake walk. Get over it. If all quests were like this i can see a complaint, being that there are just a few in the game i say get over it, Don't do it.

And to Daeyrs, do you complain about doing the 21 dq quest in your 70s cause you can't farm the items, buy them from other players, or choose not to do that one?

Frankly i have no idea what there motives were, maybe they expected Veno's to flood the market with hay since they need it early for a bag or something and they would be cheap, or maybe they knew it and figured it was a nice way for low levels to make money. Maybe originally hay was a drop also from higher level mobs. I don't care.

No one is missing any point except that you DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE QUEST, it is not a PW conspiricy.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    And to Daeyrs, do you complain about doing the 21 dq quest in your 70s cause you can't farm the items, buy them from other players, or choose not to do that one?

Apples and oranges there. DQ21 you actually get at 21, this you get at 74. If I want to DQ I do 71, or I buy the items for lower level DQ's. That's the whole point, it requires items you haven't been able to farm in 30+ levels. It's one thing for some of the higher level quests to require, say Elderwood for example I needed recently. I can go out and pick those, there's no diminished rate.
    Not all are meant to be a cake walk.

No one ever asked for a cake walk. We're just pointing out a very obvious flaw in the design. I would settle for a 5% drop rate from 7x mobs, at least it's an attainable goal. I personally trashed it, as most have.
    No one is missing any point except that you DO NOT HAVE TO DO THE QUEST, it is not a PW conspiricy.

Don't have to, didn't. What point did I miss?
This discussion has been closed.